Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

How To Kill Obsessions - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Kill Obsessions (480 Views)

This Picture Should Speak To Those Who Want To Kill Breadwinners / Easiest Way To Kill A Snake In Your Residential Area / Police Shoot To Kill Pure Water Boy In Port Harcourt (threaten Protesters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Kill Obsessions by Cdave: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
A lot of knows what obsession means right?and to those that doesn't,well in a lame man's language I would define it as "A state in your life where you do just one thing in your entire life and you can't control the urge to do that activity again"

Well,there are so many types of obsession,like masturbation,pressing your phone,watching tv's,using the internet (24/7),biting your nails,peeling pimples from your face.,and different types of obsessions that you can think about,well it varies anyway.

My obsession was watching tv's and pressing my phone,you might think its easy to get away with these two,but no,its an obsession.One quick question, do you leave what you enjoy doing?and do what you hate doing,same way with masturbators and different bad habits.

Let's go through these point,and please do tell me if they are useful or not,well do have it at the back of your mind,that it's a gradual process,obsessions dont stop in one day,same way you didnt develop the habit in one day,so it would take time to peel off from your mind,so please do take your time when applying my steps.

1.Get Busy With Something:
If you would agree with me that its only when you're less busy you do stuffs like biting your nails,watching movies and all sorts,like me for an example, I was really obsessed with seeing movies,I couldnt go a day without seeing at least one film,and my parents were always complaining,although I was 100% free at that time because we just signed out from high school that year,so everyone was like jobless because I wasn't allowed to work,even after mom seized my hp laptop that I use to see the movies, I had to download films on my phone,transfered it to my usbflash with an OTG cable and connected the flash with our syinix tv because it allows external connections and I was seeing the movie without hassles,i was obssesed to that level,until the next year when I was given admission and things began to change,as a student,I didnt have access to much data because we use a WiFi at home,so it was quiet a waste to subscribe per month for me, and things changed that way for me..So the deal is,get busy with something

3.Be Determined :If you haven't made up your mind about what you want or not,sorry you say you can't dyop being obsessed,it's not about spirituality now,some things needs physical assessment too. I used to have another awful habit,where I pick my nose every time even though nothing is there,but in reference to (number 1) after I was given admission, and in school,I still did it,but my friends were always cautioning me,till I decided not to pick my nose again,so you always have to be determined to reach anywhere to do anything, you can get whatever you want if you're determined

3.Discover your likes;We all can relate to the fact that human likes are unlimited and a new item can just pop up anytime and its already our favorite,so it would be very nice and good for you if you discover something else that entices you,for me,I noticed that I like books so I read a lot of novels,with an application I have on my phone,and it has been nice,at least,I am almost not a phone addict anymore, or a movie freak like before.

Hope these helps though..

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Onabanjo Sobowale :The Sellable True Son Of Ijebu Igbo / Breaking News: The Abducted News Editor With Radio Benue Mrs. Yuadoo Tor Agbidye / On The MMM Freeze (or Rumoured Proposed Crash)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.