Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,444 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan (10610 Views)

Drama At Nat’l Assembly, INEC Officials Storm To Serve Melaye Notice [video] / Emir Sanusi Faults Buhari's Economic Plan / Fg Invites Peace Corps Of Nigeria To Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by duni04(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2016
Some people are just stupid beyond comprehension. See someone asking why ngozi okonjo was not invited. Ngozi and her former boss together wrecked our economy and got us to where we are today. Before she left, she even admitted this much.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigeria-borrows-to-pay-salaries-with-cash-crunch-worsening/
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by markbenny(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2016
Good move, let the experts handle what politicians are not trained for.

God bless the Federal Republic

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by buharimustlive: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2016
Dumb administration.

Kemi Adeosun knows she is not capable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by buchilino(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2016
BjDreamchaser:

Igbos stop deceiving yourselves by thinking Donald Trump would help you in getting your Biafra. Biafra is dead on arrival, you guys should better wake up from your slumber.

R U RELATED 2 FRANKENSTEIN?.

3 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by BjDreamchaser(m): 8:28am On Nov 10, 2016
buchilino:

R U RELATED 2 FRANKENSTEIN?.

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by buchilino(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2016
BjDreamchaser:
WOW!, I THOUGHT D FIRST PICTURE WAS BAD, BUT DIS SECOND ONE IS EVEN WORST.
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by sammyj: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2016
Although this is coming out late. However, its still better late than never !! wink
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by chaiks: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2016
Soludo should v been included. I think he is more versatile in terms of economic statistics and forecasting more than any other person there. Nawao.

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2016
AHahahahaa, they are inviting experts to draft 3-Yrs Plan. So the egg heads called Ministers and dumb President cant even draft their own plans.

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by chigoizie7(m): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2016
Why not make these people ministers in the 1st place?

Why appointing useless people as ministers and heads of different organisations and then invite the so call "experts" to come and work under or with your incompetent ministers?

If u had made these experts ur ministers in the 1st place, there won't be any need looking for or inviting any expert. @ whose expense? Tax payers?

This govt is and has always been round pegs in square holes.

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by zuchyblink(m): 8:45am On Nov 10, 2016
lol,Paper professionals. What happened to the likes of Dangote,Adenuga,Innoson,Ifeanyi ubah,Ibeto etc. These men are doers and not paper professionals that buy tooth picks made by illiterate chinese men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by ayedunbunmi(m): 8:47am On Nov 10, 2016
Good move....no tym my presido. Hasten tinz up.. GOD bless 9ja
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by slap1(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2016
Another "FG to..." Bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by hustla(m): 9:08am On Nov 10, 2016
Till we either implement true federalism or split, we just dey deceive ourselves for this country

3 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by hustla(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2016
zuchyblink:
lol,Paper professionals. What happened to the likes of Dangote,Adenuga,Innoson,Ifeanyi ubah,Ibeto etc. These men are doers and not paper professionals that buy tooth picks made by illiterate chinese men

Keyword

Illiterate Chinese men smh

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Krismart(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2016
The problem with Nigerian economy is Buhari, so no amount of economic team will make things better so long as Buhari is on that seat and makes his outdated policies. Quote me after 2019

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 10, 2016
Where is Pat utomi and Henry Boyo? These are seasoned economists whose contribution are needed at this time

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by zuchyblink(m): 9:48am On Nov 10, 2016
Bolustic:
Typical of you people, playing the victim card...Thank God Frank Nweke is on the team, else this thread would have gotten to its 4th page by now
Typical of you people trying to leave in denial

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by dingbang(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2016
Dr Frank Nweke Jr. Was the Minister of Information and National Orientatio during Obasanjo's Era. Wetin concern am with fine tuning the economy grin

Person wey study fisheries ko will be among those experts

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Grundig: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2016
This is an indictment on the economic team led by vice president prof osinbajo. Udo udoma and kemi adeosun should also hang their heads in shame.

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Grundig: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2016
Furthermore, I don't think the president fancies pat utomi at all. He has overlooked him in all his appointments instead favouring less qualified people.

Da hell is ayo salami, a retired judge doing in a special economic team? What is his input likely to be?

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by DMD(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2016
What does Nweke Jr. know about economic planning? Having read zoology at the University of Maiduguri and poorly managed the affairs of the NESG for a number years do not, in my opinion, qualify him to be part of that team. I think the government can find some better qualified and experienced Nigerians for this very important and auspicious national assignment. It should not be seen as a federal character thing.
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by ephi123(f): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2016
duni04:
Some people are just stupid beyond comprehension. See someone asking why ngozi okonjo was not invited. Ngozi and her former boss together wrecked our economy and got us to where we are today. Before she left, she even admitted this much.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigeria-borrows-to-pay-salaries-with-cash-crunch-worsening/

You are still at this bus stop?
One minute it is crude prices drop that is the reason, the next minute it is the past government, then back to crude, and then past govt.

What single innovative idea or policy has this current government implemented? Just one o. That has been effective and is working. You all sit down there playing the blame game whilst nothing is being done to move things forward.

Sigh.
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by DedeNkem: 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
Clueless govt.!
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by motherlode: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
OMG!!! What kind of a clueless government is this? You invite so called experts to fine tune a 3 year national economic plan without calling seasoned professionals!
On opening this thread, i had to ask myself questions like please where is Pat Utomi, Henry Boyo, Ifeanyi Ubah amongst others? undecided
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by duni04(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
ephi123:

You are still at this bus stop?
One minute it is crude prices drop that is the reason, the next minute it is the past government, then back to crude, and then past govt.

What single innovative idea or policy has this current government implemented? Just one o. That has been effective and is working. You all sit down there playing the blame game whilst nothing is being done to move things forward.

Sigh.
I think its ignorant to assume that there is a magic economic policy we have to implement or a silver bullet we have to get to shoot all our economic woes away. Jonathan and ngozi spent a whooping 6 years wrecking our economy; paying money for non existent subsidies, turning militants into billiobairs overnight, engaging in fraudulent and criminal oil swaps with their friends and cronies, and not forgetting the massive USD2.2 billion arms fraud. All of which happened in a period of >USD100 per Barrel oil price.
If you realise the enormity of the damage ngozi and her boss did to this country, you'll hunt them down and shoot them!
It'll probably take another 5 years to get us to a reasonable place, get ourselves out of oil dependence and reroute our earnings to diverse sources. It won't happen overnight, or in one and a half years.
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by ephi123(f): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
duni04:

I think its ignorant to assume that there is a magic economic policy we have to implement or a silver bullet we have to get to shoot all our economic woes away. Jonathan and ngozi spent a whooping 6 years wrecking our economy; paying money for non existent subsidies, turning militants into billiobairs overnight, engaging in fraudulent and criminal oil swaps with their friends and cronies, and not forgetting the massive USD2.2 billion arms fraud. All of which happened in a period of >USD100 per Barrel oil price.
If you realise the enormity of the damage ngozi and her boss did to this country, you'll hunt them down and shoot them!
It'll probably take another 5 years to get us to a reasonable place, get ourselves out of oil dependence and reroute our earnings to diverse sources. It won't happen overnight, or in one and a half years.

This story unfortunately has become completely stale. You guys talk as if corruption started in Jonathan's era, why are you people always silent on the massive corruption which took place in the military era? Probably because Buhari already declared Abacha did not steal right, despite his loots still being returned year after year. And why hasn't Jonathan and also Ngozi been arrested since they committed all these crimes, why should they still be walking free?

There is no magic economic policy or silver bullet, but several unwise ones have served to wreck things further. Don't even get me started please. We have a government that promotes uncertainty in the business environment, goes outside the country to wash the country's dirty linen in public sight of potential investors, hounds down opponents, and yet we can't see how this is affecting the country but still singing the blame game.

We are really on a long thing in this country true true. Smh.
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by DTaj: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
Grundig:
Furthermore, I don't think the president fancies pat utomi at all. He has overlooked him in all his appointments instead favouring less qualified people.

Da hell is ayo salami, a retired judge [/b]doing in a special economic team? What is his input likely to be?

Calm down! It is Dr. Doyin Salami (PhD. Economics, Queen Mary University, UK; Member Monetary Policy Committee of the CBN; Consultant to several organizations across manufacturing, FMCG, aviation, insurance, banking, public sector, etc, etc; consultant to the World Bank, UNIDO, DFID, USAID, etc, etc; well-respected Economist, Professor at Lagos Business School, etc, etc). [b]If you are ignorant use Google!

Without any doubt whatsoever, a list of top 3 Economists in Nigeria, today, without Dr. Doyin Salami is incomplete...

Your hatred for Buhari made you temporarily blind to the extent that you mistook Dr. Doyin Salami for Justice Ayo Salami (retired)? And your equally ignorant clowns 'liked' your dumb post? LOL.

Simple, clear word stated in the post! Some people will die hating others! Bigot!

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by mapet: 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2016
chaiks:
Soludo should v been included. I think he is more versatile in terms of [b]economic statistics and forecasting [/b]more than any other person there. Nawao.

Whatever da fvck that is........
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by CoolFreeday(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
buchilino:

ABEG I FIT BORROW SMALL GARRI FROM U, COS IT LOOKS LIKE DIS RECESSION NO REACH UR SIDE.

lol. you're funny. No worry, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Grundig: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
DTaj:

Calm down! It is Dr. Doyin Salami (PhD. Economics, Queen Mary University, UK; Member Monetary Policy Committee of the CBN; Consultant to several organizations across manufacturing, FMCG, aviation, insurance, banking, public sector, etc, etc; consultant to the World Bank, UNIDO, DFID, USAID, etc, etc; well-respected Economist, Professor at Lagos Business School, etc, etc). If you are ignorant use Google!

Without any doubt whatsoever, a list of top 3 Economists in Nigeria, today, without Dr. Doyin Salami is incomplete...
Your hatred for Buhari made you temporarily blind to the extent that you mistook Dr. Doyin Salami for Justice Ayo Salami (retired)? And your equally ignorant clowns 'liked' your dumb post? LOL.
Simple, clear word stated in the post! Some people will die hating others! Bigot!

I do not mind being insulted. Ordinarily, I woujdve simply ignored you just like I do others like yourself. But, hey, I will indulge you.

Chief, go through the article again and please HIGHLIGHT where it was written DOYIN SALAMI.

If you are unable to do that, please do not quote me. But, you can free throw jabs at me at will.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$500m: ‘why Fayemi Disagreed With House On Ajaokuta Steel’ / Saraki, Dogara’s ‘coup’ Won’t Happen Again – Presidency Boasts / Ohanaeze Berates Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB For Placing N1m Bounty On Igbo Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.