Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? (1737 Views)

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by Drusilla(f): 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2006
Question:

Did God send 2 different but true religions?

Are Judaism and Christianity both true, even though they different religions?
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by ruescho(m): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2006
I think yes: he send judaism to the people of Israel and christianity to the rest of the world the so called heathens.
So thanks god if I believe in Jesus Christ I don´t have to become a Jew to be saved.
It´s better this way ´cos I am a man wink
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by mazaje(m): 1:50am On Nov 30, 2006
@Drusilla
how do u know that christianity and judaism are the true religions? U dont know u only have faith in one of them . what about other religions who told u they arent the true religions? if u were born to a muslim family in qatar would u have made such a statement? no one knows which religoin is the right one u can only have faith in what everone u are practising. as we all know everything is this world was created differently(man, animals plants and what not) u cant just say that they white man is the right man that deserve to enjoy the earth cos he is white just as u cant say that christianity or judaism is the right religion no one knows only God we can only have faith and believe.
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by Drusilla(f): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2006
Mazaje,

Forgive my arrogance. It comes from normally only being around Christians or those who love Christians (i.e. athiest or agnostic or even NOI muslims).

This question is directed towards Christians or people who already believe in the bible.

It is not meant to be a discussion about whether Christianity or Judaism are the only true religions versus the other religions but within the realms of the Bible.
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by exu(m): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2006
I don't much care about what's written in the Bible but I have heard numerous Christians and their leaders proclaim that salvation can only come about via 'faith' in Jesus.

Practising Jews, as I am lead to believe, do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah.

They are, therefore, destined to a hell- one which, I have been told, a lot a Jews do not believe in.

Also what with all the Vatican backed anti-semitism you would probably have a hard time convincing your fellow Christians that their God intentionally sent two different messages, thus spourning confusion and bloodshed, to mankind.

Unless of course the God that you believe in is a sadist- which is pretty much how the Bible describes him.
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by TayoD(m): 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2006
@Dru,

Judaism is a true religion, and likewise is Christianity. The difference is that Judaism is right now in abeyance until the fullness of the Gentiles come in. Then the whole of Isreal will be saved and Judaism as we know it will still be practiced.
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by Sista(f): 12:46am On Dec 06, 2006
@Masaje

how do u know that christianity and judaism are the true religions?

For some reason black people tend to believe the religion that was given to them by outsiders instead of the religion we originally practiced in Africa. Yes Africans all over Africa had their own religions and it was not called religion then, It just was, it just was a way of life. Now we got Africans claiming that Christianity is the correct religion. Well, if it is, I don't want no parts of it because it looks like the devil in disguise to me. Christians fight more than Muslims do and to me both of the religions is black peoples problem. Some Africans are Muslim because they were conquered by Arabs. Christianity is the Religion of some Africans because they were conquered by whites. When in the hell are we going to learn to appreciate what god had already given us? Which was our own nature and our own way of life. We are letting outsiders mess with us like we are little human experiments.

Look at Asia, they are next in line to take over and they got it going on. Whites tried to get them into the Christianity at one time but them Asians was not going for it. They stuck to their Buddhism and Hinduism, their own stuff. When one is worshipping another mans God, one is in essence worshipping that man and that mans way of life. How many Africans do you see who are truly valuing the ways and life of Africa? Yeah sure, you have a lot of them who say things like "I am proud to be Nigerian" but when it comes down to it, what have they done for Nigeria or Nigerians as a whole? outside of come to the states or go to Europe to get jobs to support their immediate family.

Black people are and have behaving like little puppets on a string for a long, long time.

The key is to deal with the Characteristics that God has given us each. Asian people study black people, that is how they know very well how to come into black community's and stay in business with us giving them all of our money. Whites have studied black people and that is how they know how to have there cake and eat it to with us. But do we black people study white people? Do we black people study Asian people? Do we black people study anything the white people don't tell us to study?

All a white person has to do is show us a teethy smile and we think they are God given to us like they are some type of angels who are the only ones who can rescue us. All an Asian person has to do is open up shop and we will go running to shop at their stores. How come we black people don't have anything valuable these people want accept our blood?

When are we going to get it through our thick black skulls? that white people have a very distinct personality and psychology from the rest. Just like Asians and so forth have their characteristics too.
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by 4Play(m): 12:52am On Dec 06, 2006
@Sista

I have seen that u forgot to take ur medicine.Your psychiatrist said I should tell u to take ur pills.Unfortunately I could only get to u through this forum.

Take those pills now b4 u go and murder some White people
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 06, 2006
More sign of a degenerate mind:

Thread topic - Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity?

Sista's response - All a white person has to do is show us a teethy smile and we think they are God given to us like they are some type of angels who are the only ones who can rescue us. All an Asian person has to do is open up shop and we will go running to shop at their stores. How come we black people don't have anything valuable these people want accept our blood?

When are we going to get it through our thick black skulls? that white people have a very distinct personality and psychology from the rest. Just like Asians and so forth have their characteristics too

Where on earth is Seun? When will he stop this indiscrimnate spamming of threads with white hate? What his skin color got to do with a purely religious topic?
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by Sista(f): 7:25am On Dec 06, 2006
I am getting the feeling that 4play and[b] David[/b] are going into my profile to see where I last posted because they keep popping up in all the topics I attend and post at. This is so cute. My two little brothers are following me around because they have nothing else to do and they want to pick on their big sister. How cute. I I knew you guys really loved me.

Now boys, big sis gotta keep battlin' these white folk, y'all get home befoe' the white folk come. I cain't be worried 'bout beating down white folk fa' y'all, when I got's 'ta worry 'bout beatin' down white folk fa' me. Y'all is to little to get involved, now go's home.
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by gbadex1(m): 8:30am On Dec 06, 2006
Sista,

just shut ya trap, this isn't another avenue for your racist talk and white hatred
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by shahan(f): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2007
@topic,

Both Judaism and Christianity preached the same God who established them. The former predated and prophesied of the latter; but that doesn't make them opposed to or antagonistic to each other. In Judaism is prophesied the Messiah; in Christianity is the fulfillment of the that prophesy -

Matt. 11:13 - "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John."

Luke 24:27 - "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He (Jesus) expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself."

Acts 3:24 - "Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days."

Acts 10:43 - "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins."
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by Bobbyaf(m): 3:50am On Jan 15, 2007
@ Drusilla

Question:

Did God send 2 different but true religions?

Are Judaism and Christianity both true, even though they different religions?

I believe they were both based on true revelations that came from the same author, God. Judaism no doubt was the platform on which Christianity was built. Both have commonalities.
Re: Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2010
Bobbyaf:

@ Drusilla

I believe they were both based on true revelations that came from the same author, God. Judaism no doubt was the platform on which Christianity was built. Both have commonalities.

Christianity and Judasm are 2 very distinct religions. Christianity has more in common with Islam that Judaism.

The Jews do not believe in Jesus Christ at all, whilst Islam recognises him as a prophet and not the son of God.

The old testament of the bible is the history of the world according to the Jews. They gave an account of world history which was sympathetic to them and all races and peoples were the aggressors

It is strange that the old testament does not account for blacks, chinese, Indians and even aborigines. it just dealt with a narrow stretch of land where Isreal was sorrunded by its neighbours

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe There Is Satan? / Authority Of The Sons Of God / Illuminati 666, Book 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.