Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m (10071 Views)

October 1 Epic Movie Is Proudly Nigerian! Cost N200million / The First Hausa Movie To Be Shot In India / Need A Seasonal Movie To Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by umaru2000(m): 12:40pm On Nov 02, 2009
This is wonderful. The documetary is so self explanatory. Like the Hollywood actor said in their, I will not call this Nollywood film but aNigerian film. I cant waite for this film to be made. I will buy tickets for everyone I know to see it> This is us now going to Hollywood
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by sexymiss1(f): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
Boys, I just found a 10 minutes documentary about the cew on youtube. This is not Nollywood as we thought. They are serious Hollywood film makers. Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/user/savilpress
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by OSE77(m): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
[size=8pt][size=8pt]I THINK THAT MOVIE SHOULD NOT BE RECORDED COS NA WAHALA DEY COM SO, [/size][/size]
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by omar22(m): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2009
This is wonderful. The documetary is so self explanatory. Like the Hollywood actor said in their, I will not call this Nollywood film but a Nigerian film. I cant waite for this film to be made. I will buy tickets for everyone I know to see it> This is us now going to Hollywood

Thats my thought all along because if they really push the boat out for the movie it could easily attract nomination for academy awards but the budget of $10m is too small
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by Nezan(m): 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
@OSE77; which wahala?
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by koolchicco: 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
Nezan:

@OSE77; which wahala?

Abeg follow me ask 'am.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by ezeagu(m): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
Nollywood actors? undecided
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by omar22(m): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
Nollywood actors?

??
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by ezeagu(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2009
sexymiss, :

Boys, I just found a 10 minutes documentary about the cew on youtube. This is not Nollywood as we thought. They are serious Hollywood film makers. Watch this 
http://www.youtube.com/user/savilpress

Wow, what is worn with the Mr. Ache's accent?

omar22:

??

They suck.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by omar22(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
They suck.

I won’t say they suck but I have seen Nollywood acting, posing, eye rolling, bragging and they have to act as if they are in the 60’s which is a very big challenge this is why I said the Hollywood actors would be drafted in and you cant have someone with a very strong accent because you want people to understand what they are saying…
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by ezeagu(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2009
From the documentary it looked like they were considering Don Cheadle ( smiley), Cuba Gooding Jr. ( smiley) and Djimon Honsou ( angry)

Does Djimon Honsou have to play every African on the face of the earth?
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by Afam4eva(m): 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
This is the kind of movies w need in nigeria and not all this family drama.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by Donpuk(m): 6:15am On Nov 03, 2009
Its going to be a nice documentary,if well presented,name tag not withstanding.
On the actors:if not for age limit that hv been raised,i would hv recommended,Pete Edochie,for Ojukwu's role.I make this recommendation 'cos;Pete,is one 9jarian actor that matches words with action,in his movies.{eg:Things Fall Apart,The Tyrant}
in the absence of Pete,i recommend,Sam Dede,for Ojukwu's role.The director should be choosy on who gets Ojukwu's and Gowon's,roles;'cos of, sense of character of both men and their role in the epic war.
Actors like:Chidi Mokeme & Gentle Jack-who wil best feat,Nzeogwu's role;should not be left out.
Obasanjo's role,should be played by Mr.Ibu. as Aloy Emeka,suggested 'cos Obj,is not only ugly but also a comedian,
@kanye west:what do you know about the civil war?, ,aturu na enwero onye nche dika gi,mbadaba ezi.Amadioha,piapu gi onu ahu iji akpo ndi igbo iyi,
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by omar22(m): 10:43am On Nov 03, 2009
,aturu na enwero onye nche dika gi,mbadaba ezi.Amadioha,piapu gi onu ahu iji akpo ndi igbo iyi,

Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by sexymiss1(f): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2009
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by GTay(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2009
I must say i'm looking forward to this one wink
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by saintchyco: 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2009
this really will be worth watching  smiley
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by Jessicablo(f): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2009
this is a film i cant wait to watch
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by africhika(f): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2009
yes- this history needs to be told.

can't wait cool
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by omar22(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2009

Its not even Hollywood either, it seems like the producer wants to use the movie to launch his career, using a Nigerian epic story as a test case
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by bibiking1(m): 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2009
I do not like the name of the film, its a bit too flat
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by MisterOsi(m): 3:39am On Nov 07, 2009
Finally a movie behind the story. At the same time I think he is trying to use this movie to get a jump start on his career, but I'm looking foward to the movie. Was thinking about making a movie/game about this event.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by mrperfect(m): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2009
No matter how careful they are this move will sure trigger some feelings that had some how forgotten.
Remember one feeling lead to the other and it tends to continue that way.
There are many other issue of Nigeria to act about not about war, remember many of men that fourth this way are still alive.
Needless to say the move will sell, but I do not see the reason and good objective of producing such film.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by ezeagu(m): 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2009
mrperfect:

Needless to say the move will sell, but I do not see the reason and good objective of producing such film.

I do not see the reason in pretending and faking unity.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by grafikdon: 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2009
ezeagu:

I do not see the reason in pretending and faking unity.

My thoughts exactly. If the title and a little synopsis available are anything to go by, it will surely be another roller coaster of painfully pretentious unity. . . it might turn out to be more repulsive than Tears of the Sun and other Hollywood madness.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by ezeagu(m): 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2009
grafikdon:

My thoughts exactly. If the title and a little synopsis available are anything to go by, it will surely be another roller coaster of painfully pretentious unity. . . it might turn out to be more repulsive than Tears of the Sun and other Hollywood madness.

When I first heard about this movie (from nairaland) I didn't want it to be made solely because I thought Chimamanda's book would make a perfect film on Biafra, but when I saw the title of the film (and heard the directors accent) I was even more against the movie.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by AfricaMars: 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2009
Would love to see the picture quality and effects, for a price tag of $10 m it has to be great quality.
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by lysaa(f): 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2010
If the story should be reenacted then it should be done without embelishments regardless whose guts is punched or whose feeling's hurt. There are more stories; Niger-Delta's exploitation. . in fact, so much now events that should be documented in form of movies. Can't wait for 2020 when our present presido's story would come alive on screen since we've bn denied of the 'reality show' grin
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 20, 2011
They should be really careful not to mess this up and use original actors and real directors angry. I think Half of A Yellow Sun'll make a good movie grin
Re: Biafran War Epic Movie To Cost $10m by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2011
stupid ode title though. must all films be and adjective and a noun? Everytime: secret desire, terrible love, unshakeable faith bla bla bla. [size=8pt]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Nollywood Actress Geraldine Ekeocha Is Dead / Baba Suwe To Shoot Movie On NDLEA Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.