Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,153 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students (20086 Views)

The Plight Of The Nigerian Student / Futo School Fees Payment Portal To Be Closed On 31st / Kebbi Commissioner Visits School And Meets Only The Students There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by sakalisis(m): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Dramadiddy(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2016
there has been Wi-Fi in futo.. so which other Wi-Fi do they want to add now
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Nmaglit: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2016
Not that the wifi in not a good idea oooo but d school authority should think with their head and not with their anus for christ sake u have only one bank in a federal university couple with d fact that we r in a reccession period bubu has put us in, pple r suffering a lot of students there r sponsoring themselves tru sch instead of u to make life easier unlike bubu which is obvious that he thinks with his anus because the brain in no longer functioning,u r making life unbearable fo them.

Thank God for MMM that is helping pple. I rest my case
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by losom(f): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2016
extremely frustrating. I stood one time on the queue to withdraw for about three hours after a tiring day and guess what, some minutes later before it could get to my turn, the atm stop working. Diamond bank has colonized futo and this as a result of the amount they give as commission to the so called administration. We hope the federal govt this time would look into the administration of futo. Don't ask of the SUG because they are nothing but puppets used to implement their selfish desire. The electoral process even though electronic, is programmed to count for whoever the senate has chosen to be their candidate.
luciouscookie:
Imagine only one bank in such a big school That must be really frustrating for the students.
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by metallisc(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2016
favexx:
Biko how much is the new school fees ooo lemme start padding my budget

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by blackjah(m): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2016
you guys should not agree, they did same with unn sometime before turned out the WiFi was more epileptic than nepa
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Donpoker9(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
ike agwulam...i dont know wat to do again
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by bidexmedia(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
For scholarship opportunities and visitations, please click here:- www.ofatconcept.com.ng
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by luciouscookie: 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
losom:
extremely frustrating. I stood one time on the queue to withdraw for about three hours after a tiring day and guess what, some minutes later before it could get to my turn, the atm stop working. Diamond bank has colonized futo and this as a result of the amount they give as commission to the so called administration. We hope the federal govt this time would look into the administration of futo. Don't ask of the SUG because they are nothing but puppets used to implement their selfish desire. The electoral process even though electronic, is programmed to count for whoever the senate has chosen to be their candidate.
That's really sad. If it's about only diamond bank, then they should have like three or four branches inside school. I can't see myself queueing for hours at the atm, I better go to Nekede or even town to do my transactions. I wonder when these people would start considering and creating policies that would favour and be less stressful for everybody Mtcheeewww.
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Jennykele(f): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2016
Wi-Fi is not a bad idea. When UNN introduced it students reacted but now they're enjoying it.
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by blackjah(m): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2016
losom:
excessively frustrating, can't share my 3hour experience here
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by amazingspiderma: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2016
In as much as the country is financially challenging,I believe that the WiFi proposal or connectivity is an indispensable tool for overall academic excellence . It will help keep student in touch with current information and grant them access to variety of learning tools.
In fact the access of Internet on campuses is one of the greatest assets a student can have, once you have a laptop or tablet, and can focus. Having schooled in FUTO and UK, I can confidently tell you that from my experiences, if the project serves it's intended purpose, you will all benefit, both today and in the future.
I suggest that you guys (SUG and student stakeholders)should first seek the counsel of experts on the benefits of this move. Then draft out a cost benefit analysis, policy and possible cost reduction options.

In the end, its really not your fault, if the government had an international student exchange program then you will really appreciate this move.
I wish you guys the very best.

Great Futoite.

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Young03(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2016
ask UNN students how much they pay as internet fee
useless wifi
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by favexx(f): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2016
[quote author=metallisc post=50941901][/quote] hhahhahhahaaha I no block ur road oo..go ahead
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by blimeyVic(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2016
I'm not Surprised!!

If the executive arm of government needs tech advice,it imports foreigners.
If the executive arm of government needs to equip the military, foreign gadgets are sought.
If the executive arm of government needs to finds oil in lake Chad, Kano, or Kaduna, outsourcing is the best option.

Then,how is the so-called First university of technology going to fund itself?
Should we sincerely expect our already suffering professors to think outside the box without a market to absorb their products?
No way! They won't philosophise. They rather settle for pocket-picking in the Name of providing infrastructure,handouts,or even good grades.

If we don't start patronising Made in Nigeria,who will believe in us?

#Change Begins with US.
#Trump the GENIUS. «-(some won't like this)

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by AlexanderDGreat: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2016
The highest money I payed in FUTO between 1994-1999 was N90 school fees, hostel and union dues. Things have changed.
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by chalsixtus(m): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2016
lol so futo no get WiFi since ,, and just one bank in d whole of futo ,,,smh after dem go wan compare demselves

. the fees still cheap try come uniport n check out d fees structure ,,

make una protest yeye sch
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by chalsixtus(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2016
AlexanderDGreat:
The highest money I payed in FUTO between 1994-1999 was N90 school fees, hostel and union dues. Things have changed.

that's the effect of inflation , times hv changed
in this present day that 90 naira can't get u a good plate of rice or bread and coke ...
the best is for all fed uni to hv a uniform fees structure which till this day is surreal to achieve

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by GeneralMaC1(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2016
They should look for a better reason and not WiFi. See lecture halls without seats. A lecture hall of over 600 students can't boast of up to 10desks...We don't want your WiFi or Transport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by luckychid: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2016
Please keep it up o
This administration don't know what the plight of the students are....
Look at cheap lies used as a device to fraudulently increase our fees.
Please the federal government needs to come and see how we are been squeeze into cubicles called lecture halls- no seats,poor boards, bad learning environment, nonexistent educational facilities, poor equipment, and so lots of exorbitant fees disguised as "course appreciation, registration. Lecturer appreciation " name it we are in deep shit in FUTO!!!!!!!!!!
Frankly speaking FUTO is just Basking in past glory.........AND THE SUG IS DOING NOTHING...SHAME!!!!
ABEG WE NEED CHANGE!!!!!!
WE SAY NO NO NO NO TO EXTORTIONS
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Senipapa(m): 8:12am On Nov 11, 2016
chicobaddest:
PLEASE EVERYBODY READ THIS.
FUTO PLANS EXPOSED....
MY STAND ON THE SO CALLED INCREASE IN THE SCHOOL FEES BY 13000k
My Attention Has Been Drawn To The Recent Plan By The School Authority To Increase The School Fess By 13000 On The Basis Of The Establishment Of Free WIFI And Free Transport.
The Idea Of Free Transport And Free WIFI Is Laughable And At The Same Time Applaudable.
It Is Now Clear That Futo Is Now Down To Extort Students By All Means.
Futo You Increased Our Acceptance Fee From 40Thousand To 42500 We Did Not Complain And We Jejely Went And Payed It And Now You Want To Increase Our Fess By 13000?
How Can You Increase A School Fees At This Point Of Economic Recession When Our Parents Who Most Of Them Are Civil Servents Are Not Payed Their Salaries Or Even If The Government Manages To Pay,They Pay 70%.
Why Should You Use Free WIFI As A Means To Extort Us.
Now Futo Let Me Ask You This:
How Many Of We Students Have Browsing Phones?
Even If We Do How Many Of We Students Have Time To Browse After The Stressful School Activity?
90% Of Us Might Not Even For One Day Use The Free WIFI.
How Many Of We Students Live In The Hostel(That Is Even If The Free WIFI Is 24Hours Runing)
This Free Transport Own Is Even Making Me Laugh At Futo The More.
Please You Guys Should Elaborate More On This Free Transport Of A Thing Because I Dont Understand A Bit About It.
Does It Mean That Futo Will Provide Cars That Will Be Picking Us From Our Different Lodges EveryMorning And Taking Us Back After Lectures?
Futo Thank You!!! I Have Legs. Keep The Free Transport Let Me Save The 1300 And Trek.The Economy Is Bad.
Futo Tried to Extort Money From Students When They Made Supplementary Open To Students That Did Not Even Choose The School In Jamb And Asked Them To Pay 13k Buh Unfortuantely For Them Only Very Few Applied And They Dint Make Much Money So That Is Why They Have Shifted The 13k To Us.
They Said The Free WIFI FEE Will Be Added To The ICT Fee Which Students Normally Pay.
FUTO ICT IS THE WORST PLACE YOU CAN EVER BE AS A STUDENT.
WE PAY HUGE SUMS OF MONEY FOR THEIR SERVICE BUT THEY RENDER NOTHING TO US
THEIR WEBSITES ARE NEVER UPDATED WITH INFORMATION AND YET WE PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE.
A STUDENT WILL HAVE A PROBLEM IN HIS PORTAL AND WILL GO TO FUTO ICT FOR HELP AND THEY WILL STILL CHARGE YOU 2K OR MORE FOR A SERVICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR. IF YOU DONT PAY,THEN BE READY TO STAY FOR MONTHS BEFORE YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
I SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!
FUTO YOU HAVE EXTORTED US TOO MUCH AND WE CANT ALLOW THIS ANY FUTHER.
THE SUG ONLY TYPED LONG SPEECHES WHEN THEY COULD NOT EVEN DO ANYTHING TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE.
WE VOTED YOU GUYS FOR ACTION AND NOT LONG SPEECHES.
YEAR ONES AND ALL LEVELS PUT TOGETHER WE CAN CHANGE THIS.
WE CAN STAND AND COME TOGETHER AND SAY NO TO EXTORTION.
I AM AN UNINTIMIDATED NIGERIAN STUDENT WHO HAS NO FEAR FOR ANYBODY WHEN I AM SPEAKING THE TRUTH.
Please Let Us Come Together And Oppose This Motion.
We Cant Pay 13k.
THIS IS A TIME WE SHOULD UNITE WITH ONE ANOTHER
THIS IS A FIGHT FOR ALL AND TOGHTER WE CAN DO IT
#PLEASE KEEP REBROADCASTING UNTIL THE SUG PRESIDENT AND HIS EXCOS READ THIS
#TogtherWeCanDoIt#
so na year one you dey, dey make all this noise

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Wilgrea7(m): 8:12am On Nov 11, 2016
This is very unfair. how can students suffer like this all in the name of education? this is madness.. the vc and sug and anyone in support of this has no conscience for the students.. the federal govt should impeach the vc if possible.. students don't pluck money from trees.. some have to hustle to pay their own school fees. and this is what they get? this is very unfair
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Kelechilucky(m): 8:14am On Nov 11, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]so this MY SCHOOL STUFF DON ENTER NAIRALAND??
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by danoski34(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2016
And we say we have SUG
They just wanna intensify the frustration cry cry cry[color=#000099][/color]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by danoski34(m): 8:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Senipapa:

Him dey tok for him head oo, abi na u go pay acceptance fee for am?

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by chicobaddest(m): 8:29am On Nov 11, 2016
Senipapa:
I wasn't the one that wrote it, someone sent it to me and i decided to post it...

btw can you concentrate more on the matter at hand ?....... undecided

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Allwility: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2016
chicobaddest:
PLEASE EVERYBODY READ THIS.
FUTO PLANS EXPOSED....
MY STAND ON THE SO CALLED INCREASE IN THE SCHOOL FEES BY 13000k
My Attention Has Been Drawn To The Recent Plan By The School Authority To Increase The School Fess By 13000 On The Basis Of The Establishment Of Free WIFI And Free Transport.
The Idea Of Free Transport And Free WIFI Is Laughable And At The Same Time Applaudable.
It Is Now Clear That Futo Is Now Down To Extort Students By All Means.
Futo You Increased Our Acceptance Fee From 40Thousand To 42500 We Did Not Complain And We Jejely Went And Payed It And Now You Want To Increase Our Fess By 13000?
How Can You Increase A School Fees At This Point Of Economic Recession When Our Parents Who Most Of Them Are Civil Servents Are Not Payed Their Salaries Or Even If The Government Manages To Pay,They Pay 70%.
Why Should You Use Free WIFI As A Means To Extort Us.
Now Futo Let Me Ask You This:
How Many Of We Students Have Browsing Phones?
Even If We Do How Many Of We Students Have Time To Browse After The Stressful School Activity?
90% Of Us Might Not Even For One Day Use The Free WIFI.
How Many Of We Students Live In The Hostel(That Is Even If The Free WIFI Is 24Hours Runing)
This Free Transport Own Is Even Making Me Laugh At Futo The More.
Please You Guys Should Elaborate More On This Free Transport Of A Thing Because I Dont Understand A Bit About It.
Does It Mean That Futo Will Provide Cars That Will Be Picking Us From Our Different Lodges EveryMorning And Taking Us Back After Lectures?
Futo Thank You!!! I Have Legs. Keep The Free Transport Let Me Save The 1300 And Trek.The Economy Is Bad.
Futo Tried to Extort Money From Students When They Made Supplementary Open To Students That Did Not Even Choose The School In Jamb And Asked Them To Pay 13k Buh Unfortuantely For Them Only Very Few Applied And They Dint Make Much Money So That Is Why They Have Shifted The 13k To Us.
They Said The Free WIFI FEE Will Be Added To The ICT Fee Which Students Normally Pay.
FUTO ICT IS THE WORST PLACE YOU CAN EVER BE AS A STUDENT.
WE PAY HUGE SUMS OF MONEY FOR THEIR SERVICE BUT THEY RENDER NOTHING TO US
THEIR WEBSITES ARE NEVER UPDATED WITH INFORMATION AND YET WE PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE.
A STUDENT WILL HAVE A PROBLEM IN HIS PORTAL AND WILL GO TO FUTO ICT FOR HELP AND THEY WILL STILL CHARGE YOU 2K OR MORE FOR A SERVICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR. IF YOU DONT PAY,THEN BE READY TO STAY FOR MONTHS BEFORE YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
I SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!
FUTO YOU HAVE EXTORTED US TOO MUCH AND WE CANT ALLOW THIS ANY FUTHER.
THE SUG ONLY TYPED LONG SPEECHES WHEN THEY COULD NOT EVEN DO ANYTHING TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE.
WE VOTED YOU GUYS FOR ACTION AND NOT LONG SPEECHES.
YEAR ONES AND ALL LEVELS PUT TOGETHER WE CAN CHANGE THIS.
WE CAN STAND AND COME TOGETHER AND SAY NO TO EXTORTION.
I AM AN UNINTIMIDATED NIGERIAN STUDENT WHO HAS NO FEAR FOR ANYBODY WHEN I AM SPEAKING THE TRUTH.
Please Let Us Come Together And Oppose This Motion.
We Cant Pay 13k.
THIS IS A TIME WE SHOULD UNITE WITH ONE ANOTHER
THIS IS A FIGHT FOR ALL AND TOGHTER WE CAN DO IT
#PLEASE KEEP REBROADCASTING UNTIL THE SUG PRESIDENT AND HIS EXCOS READ THIS
#TogtherWeCanDoIt#
Futoites don't type like this, mate.
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Kelvinstone: 8:35am On Nov 11, 2016
The FUTO SUG and stakeholders should join heads together and do more, even if the school fee must be increased it shouldn't be exubitant. If I were a student now, I would not partake in destructive demonstration rather we will mobilize and block all schools entrances for days. Wi-Fi is important but it's not a necessity. The school can sell the Wi-Fi if the must put it up so it becomes optional. Finally the government owes the youth alot already and we have been too Silent. 50% of Nigerian population are below 30years
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2016
favexx:
in that secondary skul?
Futo ain't a secondary school ooo
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by kw2six: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2016
i dont know why
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by favexx(f): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2016
Tridenttt:
Futo ain't a secondary school ooo
lukat dis 1...futo is a secondary school period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bowen University Expels 29 Students, Suspends 26 Indefinitely / Shortlisted Candidates For 2015 Nnpc/mpn (exxon Mobil) Scholarship Exam / Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Hostels Are In Poor State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.