Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) (36887 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Plant Bomb In Shaforon Village, Adamawa State (Photos) / Boko Haram Member Caught While Trying To Plant Bomb In Borno. Photos / Accidental Bomb In IDP: Air Force Bombs Killed 52 & Injured 120 - MSF Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
oloriooko:
How on earth could water board install such suspicious thing there without making public announcement or informing the police?
Shows the staff of the board are negligent and probably untrained.
U tried to make sense but ended up talking nonsense. Is it a law that everything a public works installs must be made public knowledge?
U can see how small it is so it'll be very easy for someone to steal.
You've ended up exposing your own negligence and lack of training
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by richidinho(m): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
Agbaletu:

Hahaha...I just drove past the spot now.

How is the area now?
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by vagabondMynd44: 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
PerfectlyPerfect:

U tried to make sense but ended up talking nonsense. Is it a law that everything a public works installs must be made public knowledge?

una two get beef before?
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by noble2faith(m): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
osemoses1234:
Nah yoruba man go first start d run lol fear fear people

Where is thy sense, o ye son of man!
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
If it looks like a bomb, it's better to run first o
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Agbaletu: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
richidinho:

How is the area now?
It is like normal day. Nothing looks unusual around the area.
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
vagabondMynd44:

una two get beef before?
Lolz. Nope. I don't like how he rushed to attack people doing their jobs and accusing them of incompetence
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by isaacasher(m): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hehe
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by princee7(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
even if na me i for run o. besides nigeria bombs comes in diff shape n sizes. make person no loose guard o.
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by vagabondMynd44: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
PerfectlyPerfect:

Lolz. Nope. I don't like how he rushed to attack people doing their jobs and accusing them of incompetence

you do well

1 Like

Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Ipobdevil: 12:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
Are you sure its not bomb? maybe it have been diffused and the Government trying to calm tension
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by richidinho(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Agbaletu:

It is like normal day. Nothing looks unusual around the area.

Ok tnx, i do visit the mall daily
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Eberex(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
I ALMOST THOUGHT I READ UNDERGROUD MAMMY WATER undecided undecided...............THAT'S WHY I OPENED THE POST
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by michylabo(m): 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Had a incidence once when my colleague and I, while taking measurements for tide flow and sediment transport studies along the Lagos Lagoon, placed one of such meters on a jetty in Apapa. We asked permission from the security guards on duty. Next day we returned to retrieve our equipment we observed lot of people around the device...DSS...Navy...Army...Bomb squad from the police with sniffer dogs e.t.c.

As we approached in our boat, we noticed they all beckoned on us to draw closer..all in unison... they didn't even give us time to moor properly....
With our first step on land, many cocked there guns and asked us to surrender.... I almost shit my pants..cos i have read stories of trigger happy security men... My white colleague...didn't even understand what was going on.. me as the black man.. na me they ask to surrender.. My colleague approached the device..unlocked the device box and brought our a digital meter to check if it acquired data over night... Omo come see shouting.. stop!Stop! Stop!!! all this y, the guns still they point black man...

It took the intervention of the educated and enlightened Commissioner of Police for Ports at the time, to rescue us. Na so i for die for mistaken identity both of person and device......

Just goes to show the level of insecurity in our country. The security response to seeing such a device was prompt. I hail them.. But the gun pointing at me wasn't funny o. See Engineer like me for die with false charges of terrorism.. I thank God .. They cordoned off the area since the change of shift of Jetty security men.... Since then, no more bomb-like looking device research for me. Let someone else do the Job. Its 4 years now and my BP is still high...lol

I can understand the panick when that one was found in Abuja... Scary part is that you have to connect it to battery (Car Batteries) for power.. really looks suspicious...like a bomb..

2 Likes

Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Agbaletu: 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
richidinho:

Ok tnx, i do visit the mall daily

You are most welcome. I just left the mall now.
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by richard58: 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
Guyman02:
The usual suspects
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
This is what happens when villagers go and stay in places like FCt that's meant for civilized people.

A average city dweller will know what a meter looks like.
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by thonyrule(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lol....see what this boko haram are causing? Every meter now is a bomb
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by fendorf(m): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
Laughing out loud
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by francotunsco: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
Stwpid ignoramus! Where is Zuma rock? Or Adonbilivit!
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Gkemz: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die..
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by ayoprincz(m): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
ebosie11:
An underground water meter caused a scare in Abuja as it was mistaken by people a bom.Pictured above is an official of FCT water board displaying the water meter reader machine which was mistaken for a bomb that caused commotion at a bridge near Jabi Lake Mall in Abuja .

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/underground-water-meter-mistaken-for.html
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by DONFAITH: 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
With all those wires and meter, oboy na to tear race o.

Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by donfemo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
Sad what out lifestyle has turned us into. we are now used to a lifestyle of bomb blast in the north such that every piece of technology looks like a bomb just because no where is safe
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by Tolubory(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
ebosie11:
An underground water meter caused a scare in Abuja as it was mistaken by people a bom.Pictured above is an official of FCT water board displaying the water meter reader machine which was mistaken for a bomb that caused commotion at a bridge near Jabi Lake Mall in Abuja .

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/underground-water-meter-mistaken-for.html

I really love this Country.....
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by samtee37(m): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nawa ooo
There was a country called NIGERIA
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by oloriooko(m): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
PerfectlyPerfect:

Actually I thought you had something between your ears but you displayed your ignorance flamboyantly.
How can't your brain grasp that the security condition of the country is fragile. It takes nothing away from the untrained staff to inform the police or simply make a public announcement about the installation.
So as you wise reach if you see an unattended cooler in a strange environ you will quickly open it and check for Pepsi abi, sorry for you o
Re: Underground Water Meter Mistaken For A Bomb In Abuja(photos) by CSNg: 11:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
Thank God one "Illiterate Nigerian Soldier" didn't spot him while he was working and form "American Sniper"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Reacts To Emergence Of Eleka As PDP’s Candidate / Adamu Atiku-Abubakar: My Father Will Contest For Presidency In 2023 / Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.