Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Help,how Do I Send Data From An Msaccess Table To A Label In My Vb6 Appl - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help,how Do I Send Data From An Msaccess Table To A Label In My Vb6 Appl (2045 Views)

Login Code In Vb6.0 / Install Vb6 Application On Android / Help me convert this Vb6.0 code To Vb.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help,how Do I Send Data From An Msaccess Table To A Label In My Vb6 Appl by howardm: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2009
kindly assist,
i enter the search criteria in a text box linked to a field(name of student) in the table
i want to send data to a label linked to another field(age)from d table,such that once i click the get cmd button in my application the data i need corresponding to the search criteria entered in the txt box would appear,
Re: Help,how Do I Send Data From An Msaccess Table To A Label In My Vb6 Appl by sweetpawn2: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2009
Put another textbox, label, and button on d form.
Bind the label to the field you are searching on,eg. name.
Do not bind the text box.
Put this in button click event:
data1.findfirst "name = "&text1.text
Rem You can replace name with the fieldname of d D.B u are searching on.

If data1.nomatch= true then
msgbox " No Match Found!"
End If

Type your query in the textbox and click on the button.
Re: Help,how Do I Send Data From An Msaccess Table To A Label In My Vb6 Appl by sweetpawn2: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2009
Put another textbox, label, and button on d form.
Bind the label to the field you are searching on,eg. name.
Do not bind the text box.
Put this in button click event:
data1.findfirst "name = "&text1.text
Rem You can replace name with the fieldname of d D.B u are searching on.

If data1.nomatch= true then
msgbox " No Match Found!"
End If

Type your query in the textbox and click on the button.
Re: Help,how Do I Send Data From An Msaccess Table To A Label In My Vb6 Appl by jek1471: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
what method are you using to call ur database?
Are u using the data control or calling the data from code?

You need to code the cmd_click() procedure and provide and SQL such that when you click it, the SQL is invoked and seraches for the record in the database and display in the label.

Example below:

cmd_click()
SQL="SELECT * from theDatabase WHERE [label]='"+ucase(trim(txtText.text))+"'"
set rs=db.openrecordset(SQL)

if rs.recordcount>0 then
lblLabel.caption= rs!label

end sub

This may look complicated, let's discuss further - I'll explain
Re: Help,how Do I Send Data From An Msaccess Table To A Label In My Vb6 Appl by dotzok: 1:40am On Nov 22, 2009
"what method are you using to call your database?" - jek1471. Excellent. that was the 1st question that came to ma mind.

u can as well say

rs.Find("SerialNo=' " & UCase(txtSearch.Text) & "'"wink

theLabel.Caption = rs.Field("Fullname"wink or
txtfullname.Text = rs.Field("Fullname"wink

rs.Refresh

(1) (Reply)

Civic Innovation Lab: A Tech Hub In Wuse 2, Abuja. / IoT (internet Of Things) With ESP8266 / Why Is Web Development The Most Commonly Talked About Career In Nigerian Tech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.