Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria (753 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / CHRISTLIKE SELFLESSNESS - Mark Of A True Christian / Can A True Christian Engage in Warfare ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by jidewura(m): 12:36am On Nov 02, 2009
Nairalanders, i have often wondered if a true christian can live in Nigeria>
most of us attend churches almost on a daily basis yet we give and take bribes!. we not only encourage corruption, we are fully deep into it ourselves.
Most church pastors may not directly give bribes but many are aware that civil servants at the land ministry will demand some bribes before releasing or signing land documents for church buildings etc.

Can a true christian live in Nigeria?

Jide
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by jidewura(m): 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
anyone got any views on this??
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by jagunlabi(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2009
What is a true christian?Definition,please.
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:59am On Nov 04, 2009
Yes, they can and i am sure they do
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by Abuzola(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2009
What kind of question is this, go to church and see half unclothedness in the so called House of God, in many cases it is the pastor that are having affair with their church followers, whom most happen to be married women, go to clubs and brothel and see thousands of paul and Elizabeth
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by jidewura(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
@Jagunlabi - I believe that the definition of a christian is someone who models their lives along Jesus'

@ Fhemmmy - I'd like your examples of those who are in the Nigerian society who can truely say they are Christians! (Never accepted bribes nor given one - even when police man detailns you wrongfully, Pastor who has not been aware that his congregation do wrong but who chooses to look the worng way because of the tithe and offering coming from the activities!, Bank CEOs who have not knowingly engaged in wrongful and sometimes murderous transactions)

@Abuzola - to keep the discussion balanced, i think that most Nigerians have accepted that they are not responsible for the current state of our society, hence no one is willing to take personal responsibility for their actions - i m sure we all know where that will lead us (they say if you give a job to everybody to do, then nobody might do it, in which case noboody will be responsible for the outcome!)

Let me have yours and more nairalander views,
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by PastorAIO: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2009
A true christian cannot live in the world, cos he is not of the world. Not only nigeria.
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by jagunlabi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
Pastor AIO:

A true christian cannot live in the world, cos he is not of the world. Not only nigeria.
So do you think that mass suicide of true christians would be in order,pastor? Because if they can't live here, they might as well leave.
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by PastorAIO: 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
By World I mean that construct called society.

However if you want to commit suicide feel free, but be considerate, don't make a mess.
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by jagunlabi(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2009
jidewura:

@Jagunlabi - I believe that the definition of a christian is someone who models their lives along Jesus'
Okay, but since there are so many different ways of modelling(depending on the interpretation of each christian), what is the proper way?
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by sistajay(f): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
Yes, a true Christian can live in Nigeria, not everyone's weak!!
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by Abuzola(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2009
Pastor AIO , do you know that you are a fake pastor, everytime you blaspheme jesus
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by jidewura(m): 7:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
Dear all,
I have found that the three key ingredients of a perverse society Money, Sex and Power are the driving forces of almost every one i have met in Nigeria. Most people want to make money "any which way", the decadence of the youth and dear i say even the old in relation to sex is alarming (and i think the church leads in this area!). You can also see how people kill each other in other to gain power (our politicians, the local traditional rulers etc.)

your thoughts please,

Jide
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2009
@Jidewura. . . .there are so many pple that never accepted bribe and never given one, in some cases, they dont even have what it takes to give a bribe, cos if you have no car no bike, why would u bribe olopa man?
Infact, too many of them in Nigeria jare
Re: Can A True Christian Live In Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2009
jidewura:

Dear all,
I have found that the three key ingredients of a perverse society Money, Sex and Power are the driving forces of almost every one i have met in Nigeria. Most people want to make money "any which way", the decadence of the youth and dear i say even the old in relation to sex is alarming (and i think the church leads in this area!). You can also see how people kill each other in other to gain power (our politicians, the local traditional rulers etc.)

your thoughts please,

Jide
I sometimes wonder why most nigerian christians believe they'll get to Heaven when they'll all guilty of the above. Do they believe they can bribe they're way into Heaven? Everybody wants to have thier cake and eat it. Thier typical examples of christian hypocrites

(1) (Reply)

Are There Really Destinies? / Online Christian Sermon / God Is Not A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.