Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting (19935 Views)

House Hunting, What's The Most Ridiculous Thing An Agent Has Done/said To You? / 5 Things To Do Before House Hunting / 7 Must Know Tips For House Hunting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by CuteTj(m): 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2016
propzncribz:
Finding a house with an incompetent agent is hard work. There are certain steps to follow as an agent to get the right house for the client.

You could state your budget here and preferred location and me or other agents on NL will be more than happy to get you that house you can call a home.

Alternatively you can check my profile for my contact on different properties I posted.
Can I get a self-contained at V.I (somewhere close to the Law School)? My cousin who will be attending Law school needs it.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
CuteTj:

Can I get a self-contained at V.I (somewhere close to the Law School)? My cousin who will be attending Law school needs it.

Yes you can get a self con in VI but I don't have one there at the moment. However I have a BQ in primewater gardens lekki phase one. 500k for rent and 100k service charge. Services include 24hrs electricity, swimming pool, tennis courts etc
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by KingRex1(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2016
manikspears:

Tolet is not bad but they are not your best option.
what do u consider as best option then?
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ekanDamie: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
dayjeee:
Bike is faster, and it's #100, bus is about #80...there's no single room self contain
OK, can I atleast have your number?
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ekanDamie: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2016
Acidosis:

Better tell him the fact.

Akute to Berger or anywhere in Ojodu is N150 during the day. N200 at night. Reason is because the roads are bad.

The good thing is Akute to places like Ikeja is actually faster than many other areas on the Mainland to Ikeja.

I could leave Akute or Alagbole and still get to Ikeja faster than someone going to Ikeja from Fagba, Elliot, and many other places on Lagos Mainland.

Akute to Ojodu (Grammar school) is about 10 minutes. Grammar School to Ikeja, Secretariat (10-15 minutes).
hmmmm. quite explanatory. sorry from akute to ojodu grammar school which u say is 10mins, to me sounds cool. how much is to then from dat akute to d school. same 150?
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2016
sisisioge:

Oga, she said 150k more than her original budget. That is plus 150k grin

Oh sorry! Guess I didn't read well. She didn't state her original budget tho. 150k more, could be 250k, which is fair enough for the kind of house she described!

#houses in Lagos are expensive
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by sisisioge: 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
austinosita:

Oh sorry! Guess I didn't read well. She didn't state her original budget tho. 150k more, could be 250k, which is fair enough for the kind of house she described!

#houses in Lagos are expensive

True...it could also be 250 +150=400 . Houses in Lagos are indeed expensive.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
KingRex1:
what do u consider as best option then?
The reason I said it is not the best option is because most of the houses on display are not available, when you call the agent you will be told. Secondly the price tag on it excludes the agent fee and agreement which can be as high 200k, most agents you call will still tell you to come with their agent fee of 3 to 5k before they can show you any house and you may still not get a rapid response. I suggest you link up with an agent you know yourself or through someone you can trust pay your agent enquiry fee and keep calling him. the last is to go hunting yourself most of these houses carry for rent at their gate and the agents number, call and ask for the full details and negotiate.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
sisisioge:

True...it could also be 250 +150=400 . Houses in Lagos are indeed expensive.

400k!!?? That's high for a mini flat. There are a lot of mini flats for 250k.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ayusco85(m): 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2016
greggng:

Is gemade estate aka gowon estate extention

I am not understanding. In which neighborhood pls? I don't knw any whr u just mentioned
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ayusco85(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2016
propzncribz:

I don't have for now in that area but a decent selfie there will be around 250k to 300k and for a decent miniflat (room and parlor), expect around 400k. I can arrange with colleagues in that area if you will like to see some.

250 or 300 plus agent and agreement?
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
manikspears:

The reason I said it is not the best option is because most of the houses on display are not available, when you call the agent you will be told. Secondly the price tag on it excludes the agent fee and agreement which can be as high 200k, most agents you call will still tell you to come with their agent fee of 3 to 5k before they can show you any house and you may still not get a rapid response. I suggest you link up with an agent you know yourself or through someone you can trust pay your agent enquiry fee and keep calling him. the last is to go hunting yourself most of these houses carry for rent at their gate and the agents number, call and ask for the full details and negotiate.

The 3k to 5k inspection fee is not mandatory but sometimes necessary. When you take almost 10 different clients around for inspection, imagine how much will be spent on petrol by the agent? On a good day, if I have a full tank of petrol, I personally will not collect inspection fee, I will even buy the client or clients a drink if we are stuck in traffic but if my tank is low, then obviously I will tell the client to look at my tank level and I need petrol to move around.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Blakjewelry(m): 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
Why go looking for house when we have the likes of www.hyprem.com and Nigeriapropertycenre
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
Eya! Pele.

One piece of advice though, try and consider other locations especially if you are in Lagos. Places like Ogudu, Alapere, Ikosi-Ketu are quite affordable and a bit close to major areas like VI, Lekki, and Ikeja where most companies are located. Here's the number of a very reliable agent who can help, his name is Seyi 08068119578.

Wish you success.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Mayflowa(m): 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
austinosita:
My dear, I think you should look for cash and pay for the first one(150k), cos it's kinda cheap to me! With the way u described it(spacious and new)......though it depends on the area.

I paid 250k where I stay(mainland, around palmgroove onipanu) and it's a miniflat. New, well tiled but not spacious. Small rooms!

If I had seen this your own when I was seriously searching last year, I for grab am with joy!!

No miss that house o!

Read again pls. She said 150k more than her budget. If her budget was 250k. then the house rent was 400k!
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
Mayflowa:

Read again pls. She said 150k more than her budget. If her budget was 250k. then the house rent was 400k!

Thanks.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by KingRex1(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
manikspears:

Yeah u made some sense in this. Well the houses on display not being available boils down to bad management by the website operators.
About agency fees not being included.. Isn't that how all agents behave? It's after you've made up ur mind to buy or rent the property, they now tell u it's 10% and 5% for agency and law processing fee respectively
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by lindiwey: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You're a big joke

I've come to a conclusion that you don't need a house for rent or a husband and you're here trying to be funny

Who is this one? undecided If you are really a female then this is my final conclusion "women are really women's problem" is this write up something to be angry at? Na wa o
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2016
propzncribz:

The 3k to 5k inspection fee is not mandatory but sometimes necessary. When you take almost 10 different clients around for inspection, imagine how much will be spent on petrol by the agent? On a good day, if I have a full tank of petrol, I personally will not collect inspection fee, I will even buy the client or clients a drink if we are stuck in traffic but if my tank is low, then obviously I will tell the client to look at my tank level and I need petrol to move around.

I understand totally, but from the hunters view especially someone in a hurry its like the end of the world, if you check my only post on NL accommodation is the only topic I've had, I've spent close to 35k and still searching. I've come across some very nice agents o, I won't lie but I've come across some from the other side too. Some even refuse to pick my call, some even stood me up at the agreed location to meet.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Justbusiness: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2016
[size=20pt]For Agents and Tenants to be !!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2bedroom flat (ensuite) in Peaceland Estate,Ogombo.AJAH LEKKI
Features of the house:
1. Property is in a reputable estate
2. New house (well finished)
3. Fenced and gated
4. Painted
5. Prepaid meter
6. POP finishing
7. All floor tiled ( cabinets and wardrobes)
8. Security guard onsite
9. Constant water supply
10. Interlocked floor
11. Adequate parking space
12. Play ground for kids
13. Street is protected by OPC
Rent: #500,000 per annum
Security/Utilities: #50,000 per annum
Agency: 10% of Rent
Agreement: 10%
Caution fee: #50,000

Call: 08064215912, 08054638235
WhatsApp: 08064215912
[/size]

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Naijasinglegirl: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
manikspears:
Dear OP, so sorry about your hunt hope you get one soon, pls the one of 150k, the spacious one, pls tell me where it is located. I am currently hunting myself.

Guys, I never said the spacious one is N150K. I said 150K more than my budget. Agency and agreement is 80K each. I was willingly to shut my eyes and go for the 150K plus house but why the hell should I pay 160k for agency and agreement for a house lower than 500K in rent! That is almost the cost of a another house.

2 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Naijasinglegirl: 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin grin

Dream on sweetheart...dream on! If it were 150k, she would have taken it. She said it is 150k more than her budget. Which means it is 150k plus what she was hoping to pay wink

Finally someone gets me. Whew!

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Naijasinglegirl: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
austinosita:

400k!!?? That's high for a mini flat. There are a lot of mini flats for 250k.

The spacious self con was 450K., excluding agency and agreement charges

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Justbusiness: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
[size=20pt]For Agents and Tenants to be !!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2bedroom flat (ensuite) in Peaceland Estate,Ogombo.AJAH LEKKI
Features of the house:
1. Property is in a reputable estate
2. New house (well finished)
3. Fenced and gated
4. Painted
5. Prepaid meter
6. POP finishing
7. All floor tiled ( cabinets and wardrobes)
8. Security guard onsite
9. Constant water supply
10. Interlocked floor
11. Adequate parking space
12. Play ground for kids
13. Street is protected by OPC
Rent: #500,000 per annum
Security/Utilities: #50,000 per annum
Agency: 10% of Rent
Agreement: 10%
Caution fee: #50,000 Negotiable.

Call: 08064215912, 08054638235
WhatsApp: 08064215912
[/size]

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

The spacious self con was 450K., excluding agency and agreement charges

Wow! That's extremely high for a mini flat! Depends on the area tho. You should get for 250 here in mainland.
Mine was 250(paid for 2 years + 120k agency, agreement and damages).....tho, the rooms are small, but fair enough to start life
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
KingRex1:

Yeah u made some sense in this. Well the houses on display not being available boils down to bad management by the website operators.
About agency fees not being included.. Isn't that how all agents behave? It's after you've made up ur mind to buy or rent the property, they now tell u it's 10% and 5% for agency and law processing fee respectively
Well that maybe how it is done but why not indicate all these from the beginning? Hidden charges should be stopped. See why I prefer to talk to the agents and ask for the full details. If you tell me the building 400k then I agree I bring the 400k then you tell me to pay 150k for the other charges where do you want me to see that all of a sudden?
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

Guys, I never said the spacious one is N150K. I said 150K more than my budget. Agency and agreement is 80K each. I was willingly to shut my eyes and go for the 150K plus house but why the hell should I pay 160k for agency and agreement for a house lower than 500K in rent! That is almost the cost of a another house.
Noted but Alot of people beat you to it though, anyway thanks and I wish us happy hunting, you can inbox me if you find anything.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by greggng: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
ayusco85:

I am not understanding. In which neighborhood pls? I don't knw any whr u just mentioned

If you re in lagos u should ve heard about gowon estate in egbeda under alimosho local govt. Gemade is a unique estate under gowon estate extention. What exactly re u looking for and were do you currently stay? Gowon estate is very safe, with good electricity. Underground sewage sysyem. House is expensive here cos the elite lives here. That makes security tight
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by hayzed1090: 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
Acidosis:
I struggled for 2 months to get my current place. When I tell people how much I paid, they give me that look "omg! too expensive for that location!"

Location was far from spec as I spend most of my time at home.

At the end of it all, I got what I wanted: a very quiet environment with no landlord.. Just two tenants, super constant power, etc.

In Lagos and environ, you can't have it all.. In my own case, I sacrificed the big names, big street names for peace of mind, power, among others.

Bro Abeg which area b dat? Quiet environment and constant power is almost all I desire
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by micfoley: 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
Great prose with excellent wit to boot. Keep it up girl

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ayusco85(m): 11:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
greggng:

If you re in lagos u should ve heard about gowon estate in egbeda under alimosho local govt. Gemade is a unique estate under gowon estate extention. What exactly re u looking for and were do you currently stay? Gowon estate is very safe, with good electricity. Underground sewage sysyem. House is expensive here cos the elite lives here. That makes security tight

OK. I get u nw. I stay in ajah and that's whr am looking for a nice self contained apartment
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2016
manikspears:

I understand totally, but from the hunters view especially someone in a hurry its like the end of the world, if you check my only post on NL accommodation is the only topic I've had, I've spent close to 35k and still searching. I've come across some very nice agents o, I won't lie but I've come across some from the other side too. Some even refuse to pick my call, some even stood me up at the agreed location to meet.

I apologize for the struggles you have been through while searching for a house to rent but this shouldn't be so. Some house agents are like road side mechanics, they make simple tasks harder than it should be.

Unfortunately I don't work on the mainland and haven't really done any business with agents on the mainland, so I don't have anyone I could recommend. However I would urge you to consider lekki environs which is the new Lagos and if you work on the Island, it's better for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescue Another Person / Fire Outbreak At Niger Biscuits Apapa (Photos) / Lekki Building Collapse: Ambode Sacks MD Of Building Control Agency, 3 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.