Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting (19934 Views)

House Hunting, What's The Most Ridiculous Thing An Agent Has Done/said To You? / 5 Things To Do Before House Hunting / 7 Must Know Tips For House Hunting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by manikspears: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
propzncribz:

I apologize for the struggles you have been through while searching for a house to rent but this shouldn't be so. Some house agents are like road side mechanics, they make simple tasks harder than it should be.

Unfortunately I don't work on the mainland and haven't really done any business with agents on the mainland, so I don't have anyone I could recommend. However I would urge you to consider lekki environs which is the new Lagos and if you work on the Island, it's better for you.
I currently work on the mainland ,still looking forward for a better place, don't know what tomorrow will bring but I will contact you if I need a place or someone I know does at lekki. Thanks.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
manikspears:

I currently work on the mainland ,still looking forward for a better place, don't know what tomorrow will bring but I will contact you if I need a place or someone I know does at lekki. Thanks.

Tomorrow will bring good things. I wish you good luck with your house hunt.

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Originalsly: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You're a big joke

I've come to a conclusion that you don't need a house for rent or a husband and you're here trying to be funny

What has lead you to this conclusion....hater?.. is it envy?... that she is progressing in life and being independent?.... is it the positive attention she is getting because of her hilarious writing skills?....or a topic that many can relate to? Most of us are not lookingfor house but are learning about the situation and being entertained by her writing. Why are you here? Abeg... keep it moving with your wet blanket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by cc150615(f): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
propzncribz:

I will check my contacts and get back to you. Anywhere around Onikan, Obalende and surulere right?

I'm still expecting ur reply pls; surulere,costain or yaba would be fine.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
cc150615:

I'm still expecting ur reply pls; surulere,costain or yaba would be fine.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier, I spoke with an agent and he says he has a mini flat in Yaba for 450k, 45k agency, 45k agreement and a 50k caution which will be refunded if you don't damage the house. He's going to send me the pictures, once he does that, I will upload the photos here.
PS
It's not a fantastic house, you can get better houses for that budget in Yaba I think.

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by cc150615(f): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
propzncribz:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier, I spoke with an agent and he says he has a mini flat in Yaba for 450k, 45k agency, 45k agreement and a 50k caution which will be refunded if you don't damage the house. He's going to send me the pictures, once he does that, I will upload the photos here.
PS
It's not a fantastic house, you can get better houses for that budget in Yaba I think.
Thanks for ur effort, I don't think it's fantastic either so I'll pass. Again, thanks for trying
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2016
cc150615:

Thanks for ur effort, I don't think it's fantastic either so I'll pass. Again, thanks for trying

You will find a good house, you just need to be patient and optimistic.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by bigtt76(f): 7:49am On Nov 23, 2016
Lol @ or u want were the theives called opc will be collecting 200naira per month only end up directing criminals to come rob u. Where be your neighborhood?

greggng:
She has not even said the location she wants the house, what type of people u want as nebors ie agboros, decent civil servants and the elite. Do you want it in an estate were u will be paying 18k per year as security fees or u want were the theives called opc will be collecting 200naira per month only end up directing criminals to come rob u. I will be willing to help but with ur budget u cannot stay in my neborhood. Roomself here if u manage to see is 300k
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by bigtt76(f): 7:59am On Nov 23, 2016
I think I understand the issue here. The Agent and Lawyer are requesting commission based on two years rent. Very possible the landlord wanted rent for one year but the agents are insisting on two. Cheats they are angry

Naijasinglegirl:

Guys, I never said the spacious one is N150K. I said 150K more than my budget. Agency and agreement is 80K each. I was willingly to shut my eyes and go for the 150K plus house but why the hell should I pay 160k for agency and agreement for a house lower than 500K in rent! That is almost the cost of a another house.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Naijasinglegirl: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SLYYYYYYYYY lONG TIME.
Originalsly:
What has lead you to this conclusion....hater?.. is it envy?... that she is progressing in life and being independent?.... is it the positive attention she is getting because of her hilarious writing skills?....or a topic that many can relate to? Most of us are not lookingfor house but are learning about the situation and being entertained by her writing. Why are you here? Abeg... keep it moving with your wet blanket.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by greggng: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2016
bigtt76:
Lol @ or u want were the theives called opc will be collecting 200naira per month only end up directing criminals to come rob u. Where be your neighborhood?

Gowon estate
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by bigtt76(f): 10:09am On Nov 23, 2016
Lol funny though. Thanks

greggng:

Gowon estate
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
zeb04:
me on other hand is friends hunting. if you stay in Abj and looking to make a friend,say Hi
hi
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
zeb04:
me on other hand is friends hunting. if you stay in Abj and looking to make a friend,say Hi
hi
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by dayjeee(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2016
Acidosis:

Better tell him the fact.

Akute to Berger or anywhere in Ojodu is N150 during the day. N200 at night. Reason is because the roads are bad.

The good thing is Akute to places like Ikeja is actually faster than many other areas on the Mainland to Ikeja.

I could leave Akute or Alagbole and still get to Ikeja faster than someone going to Ikeja from Fagba, Elliot, and many other places on Lagos Mainland.

Akute to Ojodu (Grammar school) is about 10 minutes. Grammar School to Ikeja, Secretariat (10-15 minutes).
bro the house is at pipeline, so its 100 from here to berger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescue Another Person / Fire Outbreak At Niger Biscuits Apapa (Photos) / Lekki Building Collapse: Ambode Sacks MD Of Building Control Agency, 3 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.