Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

A Third Option:earth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Third Option:earth. (1462 Views)

EXPOSITION Of The 1000 Years Millenial Reign Of Christ On Earth / Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth / Messages From Lord Jesus To Earth For Endtime And Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Third Option:earth. by Kay17: 1:40am On Nov 02, 2009
Why do people want to go to heaven? is because they love to sing praises forever or wanting to avoid hell.so consider this: if there was a third option of earth without its characteristic evils but with its peculiar fun and enjoyment. WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 02, 2009
The Moon
Re: A Third Option:earth. by macnuel: 6:13am On Nov 02, 2009
stillwater:

The Moon

I think I 'll join you grin
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Krayola(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2009
The "Kingdom of God" the bible describes is here on earth
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:08am On Nov 02, 2009
Errrrr would malaria and hiv be gone?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2009
Kay 17:

Why do people want to go to heaven? is because they love to sing praises forever or wanting to avoid hell.so consider this: if there was a third option of earth without its characteristic evils but with its peculiar fun and enjoyment. WHERE WOULD YOU GO?

This eixstence is not enough for people because of the following reasons hence the need to create another existence outside of this one because we know that. . . . .

1. Life is just too darn too short.
2. We miss our dead loved ones and would like to be reunited with them.
3. Bad people who have a lots of money and success in this life need to be punished, or else it just isn't fair.
4.The hardship/difficulty we face in this life is not equal to the reward that we get in it sometimes. . . . .
5.This life is indifferent and does not reward goodness or repay evil sometimes. . . .the rich dominate the poor and humans do not all have equall opportunities. . . . . some have ample opportunities while others have non at all. . . .
6. Life just isnt fair sometimes. . . .

Humans do not want to accept that this all there is hence the need to invent ideas of immortality, some created the idea of heaven while others created the idea of reincarnation. . . people are very much afraid of death and the possibility that this might be it so they created things like heaven to keep people in line. . . .Virgins, rivers of wine, pearly gates, streets of daimond and gold, eternal bliss, and perfection are the carrot that religion dangles in front of peoples faces. . . . .while selling its myths about heaven. . . .even those that believe in heaven know it is not true. . . . try being present when the proponets of heaven are in a life or death situation and you will see that they will pray to their various gods to save their to lives. . . .they do not pray to their various gods to accept them into heaven when they come face to face with death but they ALWAYS pray to their gods to spear their lives and make them live longer. . . . .that action alone tells you what they truly believe in. . . .
Re: A Third Option:earth. by macnuel: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2009
mazaje:

Humans do not want to accept that this all there is hence the need to invent ideas of immortality, some created the idea of heaven while others created the idea of reincarnation. . . people are very much afraid of death and the possibility that this might be it so they created things like heaven to keep people in line. . . .

Mazaje, I don't think you get it. Just try believing in one a little and answer the question.
Re: A Third Option:earth. by theseeker2: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2009
seems your forgot about the fourth option- the muslim paradise. That is where i want
to go
however i will definately prefer to remain on earth that to go to the xtian heaven where i will be impotent and singing hymns like retared for all eternity!
The muslim paradise is enjoyment beyond human comprehension. The only beffiting reward for a life of strife, trials and restrains on earth.
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2009
macnuel:

Mazaje, I don't think you get it. Just try believing in one a little and answer the question.

Try believing in what?

the_seeker:

seems your forgot about the fourth option- the muslim paradise. That is where i want
to go
however i will definately prefer to remain on earth that to go to the xtian heaven where i will be impotent and singing hymns like retared for all eternity!
The muslim paradise is enjoyment beyond human comprehension. The only beffiting reward for a life of strife, trials and restrains on earth.

Islam as a religion is just a perverted masculine fantasy. . . .the need for women to bow down to men at all times while here on earth, the promise to men of beautiful virgins, rivers of wine. . . .endless sex etc when they die. . . .sweet fantasy and delusions I must say. . . . .
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Krayola(m): 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Errrrr would malaria and hiv be gone?

YES!! cool
Re: A Third Option:earth. by viaro: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
Kay 17:

if there was a third option of earth without its characteristic evils but with its peculiar fun and enjoyment. WHERE WOULD YOU GO?

Em, Kay17. . that's still option 2, not option 3. Earth is still earth and is not another 'option'. I may be mistaken, but even those who want to go to heaven should realise they're still coming back here to earth! It is like tasting option 2 (earth), migrating to option 1, (heaven) and then back to homebase (option 2 again - earth).

That is how the picture looks like to me, if you read Revelation 21:2-3 & 10. In those references, at least we read that -

(a) the NJ (not New Jersey, just 'New Jerusalem') was -
'coming down from God out of heaven'
(it wasn't going to heaven out of earth)

(b) NJ was also 'descending out of heaven from God,' -
not the other way round.

Again, was it not written that the righteous shall inherit the earth? I don't know (or can't remember) if it was said that we shall inherit 'heaven', but all focus and fiscal planning has been about earth (option 2, not option 3). Read about the various people that shall inherit the earth -

* the meek - Matt. 5:5

* those that wait upon the LORD - Psalm 37:9

* the righteous - Psalm 37:29

* 'the people' - Isaiah 60:21

Now, there certainly are other options:

- option 3. . the third heavens

- option 4. . the fourth dimension

- option 5. . the Black Hole

- option 6. . the devil's domain (his number is 666, no?)

- option 7. . the domain of those responsible for Crop Circles

- option 8. . (your poison) grin grin
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
Is it not possible that we keep reincarnating onto various worlds of matter within this same universe?

Depending on the state of your soul, you may reincarnate into a better world (heaven) or a worse world (hell).

No?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Krayola(m): 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

Is it not possible that we keep reincarnating onto various worlds of matter within this same universe?

Depending on the state of your soul, you may reincarnate into a better world (heaven) or a worse world (hell).

No?

What is a soul? Where and when did you first hear that term, and how did you make sense of it, or who made sense of it for you? If humans can have souls why can't other animals, why can't inanimate matter? And if they can, were ancients wrong in worshiping or revering them? If souls exist, why can't Zeus, or Isis, or baal, or anything else. What argument can you make for the existence of a soul that I can't make for my remote control having one that used it to create the universe?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

No?

Humans can not just accept that this life is enough or man up and face the cold and hard facts of the realities of a heartless, indifferent universe hence the need to create mythologies that will make them live for ever with differrent forms of feel good stories about what will happen to people after they die. . . .So they tell people fairy tales that will help them sleep at night. . . .It is very telling that non of the religions that pretend they know what will happen to people after they die give a rats ass about the before life. . . you should expect them to know about the before life and pray about it so that people are not born into opposing religions but they talk only about the after life because they can not face the hard realities of this life. . . . .by the way what is all this talk about the soul that no body has ever provided any evidence for its existence?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 2:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
Krayola:

What is a soul? Where and when did you first hear that term, and how did you make sense of it, or who made sense of it for you? If humans can have souls why can't other animals, why can't inanimate matter? And if they can, were ancients wrong in worshiping or revering them? If souls exist, why can't Zeus, or Isis, or baal, or anything else. What argument can you make for the existence of a soul that I can't make for my remote control having one that used it to create the universe?

I was not taught about souls Krayola.

I sensed it directly, logically and most importantly intuitively when in 1995 i visited the morgue to view the corpse of my late father.

The first thing that struck me was that the mass of meat that lay there was not my father.

It struck me forcefully that my father had departed from that mass of meat.

That's what a soul is Krayola.
Re: A Third Option:earth. by KunleOshob(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
What a lot of people don't realize is that there is a huge difference between Kingdom of God and "Heaven".

http://www.bibleufo.com/gospel3.htm
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

I was not taught about souls Krayola.

I sensed it directly, logically and most importantly intuitively when in 1995 i visited the morgue to view the corpse of my late father.

The first thing that struck me was that the mass of meat that lay there was not my father.

It struck me forcefully that my father had departed from that mass of meat.

That's what a soul is Krayola.

Sorry about your loss.  . . . . but hope you know that your father like you is made up off very tiny and uncountable multi cellular organisms. . . .
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
mazaje:

Sorry about your loss. . . . . but hope you know that your father like you is made up off very tiny and uncountable multi cellular organisms. . . .

MAZAJE WHAT HAPPENS TO WATER WHEN YOU BOIL IT? ? ? ? ?

Hint: Change of state and the indestructibility of matter is evidence for the existence of souls
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
KunleOshob:

What a lot of people don't realize is that there is a huge difference between Kingdom of God and "Heaven".

http://www.bibleufo.com/gospel3.htm

What difference does it make?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

MAZAJE WHAT HAPPENS TO WATER WHEN YOU BOIL IT? ? ? ? ?

Hint: Change of state and the indestructibility of matter is evidence for the existence of souls

What really is this soul? Does your soul have fingers? as a man does you soul have a penis? does you soul have intestines? does you soul have bones and a heart? what part of the human body is the soul?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
mazaje:

What really is this soul? Does your soul have fingers? as a man does you soul have a penis? does you soul have intestines? does you soul have bones and a heart? what part of the human body is the soul?

What part of water is steam?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Krayola(m): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ deepsight. Sorry about your loss.

Do mountains and rocks and rivers and fish and mosquitoes have souls? SO stillborn babies have souls? WHen was the first time you heard about a soul?

I don't think people ever remember the first time they learned something they have "always" believed to be true. Which means they probably didn't filter it when they learned it. . . didn't critically engage it. The idea came from an authority, and it was accepted before one could think properly. I'm not saying souls don't exist, I'm just saying that I doubt the first time you realized souls existed was when you saw your late father. I know quite a few people that don't understand what a soul is. . .
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
1. Do mountains die? Do they exhibit signs of life (Do you remember Mr. Niger-D?)

2. The incident at the morgue was the first time i could practically see what it means to be lifeless, could sense that the core nuance of a human being is not in the physical.
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Krayola(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

1. Do mountains die? Do they exhibit signs of life (Do you remember Mr. Niger-D?)

I don't know if mountains die. Why do only living things have souls? Do trees have souls?

Deep Sight:

2. The incident at the morgue was the first time i could practically see what it means to be lifeless, could sense that the core nuance of a human being is not in the physical.

And from there, with no previous conditioning, you stumbled upon the concept of a soul?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

What part of water is steam?

Steam is water. . . .
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2009
mazaje:

Steam is water. . . .

Very good. The soul is the human being in change-of-state.
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Krayola(m): 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

Very good. The soul is the human being in change-of-state.

The water does not remain the the pot. It turns into steam. Death is not IMO a change of physical composition. . . It just means the system isn't working anymore. undecided

Do trees have souls?
Re: A Third Option:earth. by mazaje(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
Krayola:

The water does not remain the the pot. It turns into steam. Death is not IMO a change of physical composition. . . It just means the system isn't working anymore. undecided

Do trees have souls?

My thoughts exactly. . . .
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
Krayola:

Do trees have souls?

The system not working, yes. . . so you are onto something there. . . what was that system supporting? Is there not an element that was present in the living person that is now absent in the corpse? You correctly call it a system - I ASK YOU, WHAT WAS IT HOUSING? ? ? ?

What part of the physical body feels love? Tell me if you can answer this question. If you cannot, i will assert that love is rooted in a non-physical part of the human being. . . which i call the soul.

Do trees have souls . . .maybe, but not conscious souls (just my opinion o, this one, nobody can be sure of, but i think the Grail Message does a great job on this question - it talks about animistic soul matter, which is different from spiritual matter. . .
Re: A Third Option:earth. by bawomolo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
What part of the physical body feels love? Tell me if you can answer this question. If you cannot, i will assert that love is rooted in a non-physical part of the human being. . . which i call the soul.

not really. that's a question answered by neurology. The brain exists for a reason.
Re: A Third Option:earth. by DeepSight(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^^ Bawomolo - i positively deny that that is a question answered by neurology, and i will put you to the strictest proof thereof.

I contend that neuro science merely shows us the mechanics of the physical systems that SUPPORT thought: and do not by themselves explain the phenomenon of thought.

This is more poignant when it comes to the realm of emotion, because you will only see electromagnetic evidence of emotions being felt, and never an electromagnetic cause of the emotions themselves.

If Neuroscience had anything to do with love, then you would fall in love with every woman who your brain, through your eyes perceives as beautiful. But this is not the case. Many men even fall in love with women that may be perceived as ugly. There are more subtle and finer causes for these emotions within the human being.

Nope, its not the physical brain alone: and i put you to the strictest proof thereof using neuroscience: go ahead! I am waiting.
Re: A Third Option:earth. by Krayola(m): 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ deepsight. I think I can now say that the God u are trying to prove is the "God of the gaps"

Whatever science is yet to explain = God, or supernatural.

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is Nothing Like Special Anointing –rejoinder / Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? / What Happens When A Christian Meets The Truth? Denial. Epic Denial!!!!! LMAO!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.