Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. (6506 Views)

What Do Men Really Gain From Sucking Of Boobs?" - Twitter User (see Reactions) / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Apart From Sex, What Else Do You Gain From Your Girlfriend? I Need Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by dacblogger: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
omega1685:
you are not only absolutely right but fully condemned to live in misery. to be candid you Will scarcely see that goodness of yours reciprocated. i'm à living example of your experiences for over 15 years and counting. to name à few, as à top management staff, i employed persons that end up setting me up and blackmailing me and i get kicked out of job. by my intuitiveness, i grant persons European nationality which i don't have. they send millions to their parents, build estates, sweep their relatives to Europe. when i beg for just some thing to add up and pay my rents, i Will get the mockery of my life. this is just a tip of an iceberg. i don't even know why i am posting this b/c, i have decided to only live as an observer in this evil world. unless you wish to prolong your misery. else i suggest à radical change of attitude. i hate typing especially on phone yet i tried just to let you see the futility of being good. Will you live for 200 years or are the one that hope to be compensated only in the grave ? better wake up. i am always online only to read. this so far is my third and may be last post i don't know.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Jayson1: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
asuo27:
It depends. cheesy grin
Lol, grin Rotfl

So you see, it's not always good to be "good"

By the way, is "bad" a bad word? cool
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by charijee(f): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
Zceesneh:
am just like ur type buh i turned from good to bad
And what have you gained so far
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by dacblogger: 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
omega1685:
you are not only absolutely right but fully condemned to live in misery. to be candid you Will scarcely see that goodness of yours reciprocated. i'm à living example of your experiences for over 15 years and counting. to name à few, as à top management staff, i employed persons that end up setting me up and blackmailing me and i get kicked out of job. by my intuitiveness, i grant persons European nationality which i don't have. they send millions to their parents, build estates, sweep their relatives to Europe. when i beg for just some thing to add up and pay my rents, i Will get the mockery of my life. this is just a tip of an iceberg. i don't even know why i am posting this b/c, i have decided to only live as an observer in this evil world. unless you wish to prolong your misery. else i suggest à radical change of attitude. i hate typing especially on phone yet i tried just to let you see the futility of being good. Will you live for 200 years or are the one that hope to be compensated only in the grave ? better wake up. i am always online only to read. this so far is my third and may be last post i don't know.
you owe it to yourself to be happy against all odds,you dnt necessarily have to live in misery..
the secret to living life is to do what ever makes you happy and forget abt pple and their behavior.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
charijee:
And what have you gained so far
since am so popular for being good now that i turned from good to bad people go dey fear me
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Jayson1:
Lol, grin Rotfl

So you see, it's not always good to be "good"

By the way, is "bad" a bad word? cool
cheesy What's "bad?", morally depraved, wicked, defective, unpleasant or unwelcome, worthless, spoiled....are these words pleasant?. grin
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Jayson1: 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
asuo27:
cheesy What's "bad?", morally depraved, wicked, defective, unpleasant or unwelcome, worthless, spoiled....are these words pleasant?. grin
grin I'll give you Jayson's definition of the word "bad" very soon. cool
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by TeeFriz: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
I concur
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by dacblogger: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
TeeFriz:
I concur
you concur to what?
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by jstrollet(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
Seriously we're both in same boat when it comes to being kind & nice. I need no one to tell me that I'm very nice, sometimes mine is mistaken for "mugu" (as ma guys 4 AJ go always say) but it doesn't really change who I am but I tell you in every good you do there's a reward for it from God or else your not sensible enough cos I can sincerely tell you that there's alot God has done for me despite my short comings (Your communication with Him matters). The truth is that nothing can change your personality if that's what you truly are. I will just advice you not to be discouraged by people's act & continue what your doing.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
@OP

Don't blame yourself okay. The truth is that the world population is made up of 99 percent opportunists (opportunism is just one of the traits people with manipulative personality exhibits) and 1 percent of altruists (altruism is the major trait all people that possesses diplomatic personality exhibits).

With your personality type (assuming you're true to whom you present yourself here to be), you'll always be at the offensive side of life instead of the defensive side of life, because petty people will always abuse your openness, kindness and frankness. But guess what, in the end you will always be a victor. As the saying goes manipulators lose credibility but diplomats gain it.

Imagine that moment when you look back and sees that all the people that had crossed your path in life finds you worthy to hold their trust and even always struggles to be in your good book once again. But you finds it hard to allow them an inch closer to you again, yet without making an enemy of them (just reduction of 5 fingers greetings to 4 fingers).

Holla me, let me teach you how to use your personality type to achieve a demigod status.

Question to you; are your really good as in being conscientious and altruistic when dealing with others or you're superficial (human pleaser)? If the answer is the former, you can only be betrayed by petty people but cannot be deceived. However, if the answer is the latter, then you have yourself to blame, because in such instance it means that you always allow yourself to be betrayed and deceived at the same time by the same petty people. . . . And that will simply means that you have pride and your actions and inaction are pride induced.

7 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by jstrollet(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
dacblogger:

my being a good person does not stop me from doing things the right way or working hard ,but still at the end of everything pple that dnt work as hard as you do tend to get things easier..
For example,i read my books,work hard in university ,at the end of everything i graduate with a 2.1 gp and som1 that probably sorted her way out or slept her way through comes out with the same g.p or even a higher point..
I want to see you try and justify that

Lol.... Stuffs like this make me wonder & later realized that God is God & everything happens for a reason. Buddy if I tell you I don't understand how you feel then I'm lying.
Lemme tell you this! I have a colleague here with me, we both in same nature of work & living in same room. This dude can womanizeeeee, drink & smoke hell but despite all this I'm still wondering why God still allows him to have outside work (excluding monthly pay from our company) than i even tho I'm more regular and trusted than he do? I shouldn't be saying this cos I'm now sounding as if I'm more important than he do in the sight of God but that's not true & I know that the way we reason is very very different from God's.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by firstking01(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
dacblogger:
I ve always being very nice and kind to almost everyone. Am the kind of person that can starve just to see a stranger eat,i can give out my last card just to put a smile on som1's face...
When it comes to relationships,i am always very faithful and loyal to my bf buh yet i still get cheated on and abused..
I have always being very prayerful,i stay away from pples marriage the best i can(i dnt mingle with married men even when am tempted to) ... I am the nicest person you can come across but yet i still dnt get 2 be treated right,i practically dnt get anything i want.
So it got me thinking ,What is the use of been good when you dnt gain anything from it Is it that the good lord who i so much believe and trust in does not acknowledge my been good?
I have come to the conclusion that good things happen to bad pple and the good ones are practically left out to suffer and fend for themselves.
I might be wrong tho,so i want 2 know if am right or just being delusional.
You expect too much from people, and this is always the end result when you expect too much from people, disapointed...whatever you good you offer to people, do it as unto the lord....my take tho.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by ikp120(m): 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lalasticlala how far with work?

You no go retire? You be good guy o, if no be say your job dey make you dey ban people (which is bad sha)... Abeg no ban me o; I no be bad boy o... I just dey flex for your joint for NL city #TGIF...
grin

But I think say this girl dey make sense sha...
Bro Seun, I know say you no be robot like lala, please tell us how you see this matter... Does it make sense at all?

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by firstking01(m): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
dacblogger:

my being a good person does not stop me from doing things the right way or working hard ,but still at the end of everything pple that dnt work as hard as you do tend to get things easier..
For example,i read my books,work hard in university ,at the end of everything i graduate with a 2.1 gp and som1 that probably sorted her way out or slept her way through comes out with the same g.p or even a higher point..
Don't grow weary in doing good...if you faint in the days of adversity your strength is small....the best way to be good without feeling cheated or regret is to do it as unto the lord.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
dacblogger:

Look here, when i was in the Uni, it was a private Uni somewhere...we were separated in groups for Projects (A group of 10), Out of the 10 people, only i and my friend were the only serious ones bcuz their parents were wealthy. So whether they fail nor pass, they already have positions in NNPC & Mobil waiting for them. so out of 10 people, 2 of us carried & completed the whole projects meant for 10 people throughout a whole semester. It really affected me a lot.

Now, there were some of my friends that were in groups that were serious minded & they didn't contribute much. But they came out with a 1st Class because of the Hard working groups they were. While i barely came out with 2.1 despite all the hard work i did all alone.

Did i cry foul about it? No i didn't. I moved on with my life. And never stopped working hard.

Your destiny is diff from others, Stop comparing yourself to other people. If you start blogging today, doesn't mean you might make it as LindaIkeji. While some other people might actually surpass her if they start.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by sirusX(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2016
@dacblogger
The world works in a very weird way...when you decide to live life in a way that's good, that's when you face the toughest of challenges that try to pull you down or discourage you.

There are those that always put others first, while there are those who feel that until they are okay before they can think about others.

It all comes down to recognizing God's law in showing love to others around you...treating them as you would want to treat yourself.

Good, bad or even in-betweeen...just live life the way it makes you happy recognizing that what you do is based on your own philosophy and principle about how you live your life.

In whatever you do each day, make sure you have no regret for your actions, and don't dwell on expectations of people reciprocating.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by SlimmB(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
Eyah OP, ya don't have to change who you are, you just haven't connect yourself with the right people yet... and please don't ever think a guy will stay faithful to ya cause you good and loyal to him, if a guy wanna be faithful, he will even if he knows his GF isn't faithful to him... for a guy to stick with one partner depends on him and not the girls attitude, commitment or anything...

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
Op, to be good pays.. But u do it wisely.. That's what has been helping my existence in this earth.. It pays a great deal. Heart breaks happen to both good and bad people. The difference is that bad people tend to shrug it off or revenge.. While some good people think and dwell on it..
Take it easy on yourself.. Uv been saved in several ways that u can ever imagine, due to your good nature.. So keep it up.. Don't despair. smiley
It pays a great deal to be good.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by youngestmilly: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
Oro yi gba omi. Ok let me comment. Bad people may get financial reward, physical reward but they will never get spiritual reward because of their ways. Good people tend to have peace of mind, contemptment, and they can easily find happiness. Just stop trying to people please. Put those people who hurt u at a distance, learn from the past situations ( we all get hurt, including oritse femi). Stop expecting reward for your good deeds from those u do it for. Your reward may come upon your children or your generation. Bad people never have complete peace of mind, they will never completely have it too except they change their ways. Either you are good or bad some people will still hate you (such is life). My dear stop doing good for others at the expense of yourself. For example, don't give someone the only meat you have in your pot because you want to satisfy them. Either share it or eat it alone. I still get hurt a lot but everyday I learn. Even the bad people get hurt a lot. More than you sef, cos bad attracts bad and good attracts good. Most of your hurt right now is just disappointment or cos those people you call bad did not reciprocate your good deed. Please love your neighbor as yourself not more than yourself. I can't make you happy unless I am happy. Op when in an airplane, the air hostess will tell u to put on your oxygen mask first before trying to help others. So be good, keep being good and to all people wey change from good to bad please and please reconsider in the name of God da creator.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by youngestmilly: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2016
Truthsayer007. That experience alone don give u the spirit of hard work. That spirit will now pass to everything u do including ur children cos they will see the spirit of hardwork in u and will emulate that shit

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by buffalowings: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
In the words of BATMAN

The world makes sense only when you force it to.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Expensivem(f): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
@poster, my candid advice to u is to bear in mind that there will always be a light at d end of d tunnel. it doesn't matter how long d journey last. If you did not reap d blessings of doing good, ur children will surely do. It pays to be Good. Ur changing from good to bad might land u in a problem that might even cost ur life. Then ur song will be .... had I know.... Dont look at those who seems to be successful in doing bad. They are only building up their own destruction with their hands without knowing it. Be ur self and don't be tired in doing good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by youngestmilly: 2:25am On Nov 14, 2016
jstrollet:

The dude maybe Closer to God than you

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by mecussey(m): 12:02am On Nov 15, 2016
dacblogger:
I ve always being very nice and kind to almost everyone. Am the kind of person that can starve just to see a stranger eat,i can give out my last card just to put a smile on som1's face...
When it comes to relationships,i am always very faithful and loyal to my bf buh yet i still get cheated on and abused..
I have always being very prayerful,i stay away from pples marriage the best i can(i dnt mingle with married men even when am tempted to) ... I am the nicest person you can come across but yet i still dnt get 2 be treated right,i practically dnt get anything i want.
So it got me thinking ,What is the use of been good when you dnt gain anything from it Is it that the good lord who i so much believe and trust in does not acknowledge my been good?
I have come to the conclusion that good things happen to bad pple and the good ones are practically left out to suffer and fend for themselves.

you dont have to be good all the time bc, there are some goods that are evil. A robber who is been chased and u saved him in ur house out of good samaritan...u did good but its evil. Thats how close the two words are...

2 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Cavenchy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Being good is a calling, not a default (Either by personal decision or upbringing).

A dog does not return to its you know what. We have all read stories of how people who became good and went back to their old ways got it worse than before.

If you are a christian, or if anyone who is can see my post, I suggest you think about God first. When He asks us to be good he isnt saying we would only get good in return, at least not in this world. He was insulted, spat on, betrayed, assaulted, stripped naked, killed, all for us to have a shot at salvation. If he went through these for being good, we would too.

Now I would like to share something I learnt from a teacher when I was a kid. She said "Children you have to be good because if you are bad, Jesus would run away if you enter heaven. But the Heavenly Father wont let you chase Jesus away.". As an adult it made more sense to me when I realised, God wants us all to be good because if you are bad you wont be suitable for heaven, you would not only cause problems for Jesus but no citizen in heaven would be safe with you around. Even the pretty angels would not be safe if a womaniser or manslayer was allowed in. Neither would the precious stones on the Throne be safe cos a thief would steal them. Sometimes I wonder how some corrupt Nigerians(especially politicians) intend to make heaven when they cant survive in a Just environment.

So my dear, being good doesnt determine you would have good people around you (not while still in the flesh at least), if influence is anything to go by, your good life might touch a few to change. To those who revel in being bad, remember you cant take your bad attitudes to heaven, its not gonna change by magic, you have to work on being good so you can live at peace in a heaven of zero tolerance for sin or corruption.

3 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by ismart: 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
dacblogger:

There is nothing wrong in being good but what you do not understand is that not everybody deserve to be treated good. What if they want to be treated badly and you are offering them good? ever thought about that?

I have come across ladies, a whole lot of them actually, who do not appreciate a nice guy but one who treat them like trash. This thing happens like food/meals. If they want garri, even if you offer them pounded yam, they wont appreciate it.

That is the way I see it young lady.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Edipee(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
hmmmm
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by jaymichael(m): 5:56am On Jan 04, 2017
dacblogger:
Virtue (they say) is it's own reward.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by crystar: 7:51am On Jan 04, 2017
dacblogger:
Hi pretty I will like to meet you, can you make that happen? send me pm. It's important.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2017
dacblogger:

I remember you, the clubbing girl.
Well it depends; Are you really a nice and a "good"person or you just pretend to be, just so you get people to let their gaurd down and like you?
For some, being nice is just a facade - so it's left for u to decide if you're really being nice because you're a nice person (even at that, u don't have to nice to everybody) or you just act nice because to be nice is nice. Makes sense?
And mind you, there are no good or bad people - just people who do good or bad things depending on what they feel is best at the time.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by dacblogger: 8:47am On Jan 04, 2017
(
CorGier:

I remember you, the clubbing girl.
Well it depends; Are you really a nice and a "good"person or you just pretend to be, just so you get people to let their gaurd down and like you?
For some, being nice is just a facade - so it's left for u to decide if you're really being nice because you're a nice person (even at that, u don't have to nice to everybody) or you just act nice because to be nice is nice. Makes sense?
And mind you, there are no good or bad people - just people who do good or bad things depending on what they feel is best at the time.
I have never been pretentious and everybody around me knows that, I am nice cos I enjoy helping pple out and putting a smile on pples face...
@clubbing girl angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eyes Closed: These Pre-Wedding Photos Will Make You Drool / Share Your Experience Dating A Stingy Girl / How To Loose Your Virginity Without Pain(females Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.