Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,006 members, 7,852,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

Love Begins In The Lunch Room - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Begins In The Lunch Room (706 Views)

Come And See What She Told Me After Spending 3k On Lunch With Her / Lunch Date Experience / My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Begins In The Lunch Room by timbuktu1: 8:15am On Nov 02, 2009
Love begins in the lunch room

smiley

Few things can be more confusing than the temptation to mix business with pleasure.
Re: Love Begins In The Lunch Room by Pweety4me(f): 8:17am On Nov 02, 2009
^^^Ermm se na u be dat 4 dat link?i no fi read d story sha.
Re: Love Begins In The Lunch Room by iice(f): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
Shade and Patrick (not real names) got into the lunch room for a drink. Far from them stood Chinedu, Patrick’s friend, making some coffee. Patrick was making some tea for himself and Shade asked for a bag. He handed her the pack and she took one.

“Seems, like me, you don’t take coffee?” Patrick said, trying to start a conversation. “Oh yeah,” Shade replied. “I just can’t stand it. It wrecks my nerves.”

“Exactly,” Patrick replied “And before I know it, I begin to have some palpitations but the aroma is just….” “Unforgettable,” Shade completed the statement. They both started laughing, seeing how on their first meeting, they connected.

Shade was new, a trainee, and Patrick had been in the office for about three years. They soon began exchanging pleasantries, making tea for each other and taking lunch together. Patrick felt obliged to show her the ropes, “for team bonding sake”, he told himself.

Because they were in the same department, they constantly found themselves together. Then they began dating. However, during one of their quarterly appraisal meetings, Patrick got the long end of the stick and his supervisor noted in his appraisal form that he “seems distracted”.

For Shade, it was hard to watch as the boss kept shouting at him, over his “dwindling performance”. She kept her head down. After the meeting, Patrick asked for some time off the relationship and Shade was at a loss over what to do.

She felt guilty and from that day on, each time she dressed for the office, she did so with less enthusiasm than usual.

Managing a romantic relationship with a colleague in the same office could be a tricky one. However, more and more relationships are born in the work place because of the long hours spent there.

“Attraction is a good thing,” says Jerome Onipede, a matchmaker and relationship expert. “When someone is attracted to you, you feel good, you feel loved and wanted, and that is a good feeling. What matters is what you do with the attraction.”

Please put up a quote from your links. 
Some of us don't do links.

(1) (Reply)

Worried Man / A Thought For You / Stoping Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.