Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (15965 Views)

25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by gaphy(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2009
Stop saying that,,,,,,,are the Burkinababes not from the African continent?    I saw their final group match,  they almost played the Costa Ricans off the stadium. The C. Ricans could barely keep up. Go see those Burkina players and tell me if those guys dont look like your average 16 yr old. They even have the youngest player of the tournament in their fold. He was said to be barely 15 and when I saw him, I didnt doubt it one bit. He even scored!!!!  

Sagamite also suggests that one should see the Gambian team,  so it is not as if Africans can't be honest with their ages, abeg

Have you ever been to Ouagadougou (Capital city of Burkina Faso)? That's how they look there, even 25 year old boys, I think it hasto do with Malnutrition, check out Mumuni Dagano; that guy is almost 35 and he can still compete in U21. As for the Gambians, their original team that won the African Championship was disqualified after the MRI scan, this ones are secondary school boys, no wonder they only scored one Goal or do you think if the Ghanaians had gone with a real U21 squad they would have won the cup?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by anishe(m): 9:41am On Nov 03, 2009
This is not news anymore. We all know all the teams participating in the tournament have been fielding over age players.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by xlad21(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2009
if you play football, especially if you played at a young age, you would kjnow that any 17 year old you lay off a ball to outside the 18 yard box to shoot, would rather cut in and try to come closer. look at that Nigerian team, all the players shoot from every range of the field even from half field, non of them scared. nobody in that team is less than 25. period. okoro my ass, that guy and obafemi martins are the same age, 32.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by VALIDATOR: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2009
Really, I am more interested in how our country can build the football business and benefit economically from football like many other developed countries. Personally, I do not think such benefits can come by fielding overage players.

About the adofie whistle blower guy. It smells like blackmail or he is just seeking cheap publicity.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2009
The reason is simply because we are lazy and always expect results overnight. Anyone saying that true U17s cannot do well in these competitions is not speaking the truth. Did you see Abedi's son in Egypt? He is truly U21 (his father is a very well known personality and Im sure the birth of his son was widely celebrated in Ghana and abroad so it will be difficult to lie), yet check out his sterlin performances both in Korea 2007 and Egypt 2009.

Also for those who have forgotten or prolly not born at that time, the Henry Nwosus, Stephen Keshis, etc of this same country started playing for top flight clubs from secondary school! All we need is proper planning. If we start training SSS1/JSS3 students now all round the federation and expose them to quality facilities against the competition coming up in 2011, I can assure we will raise top class players!

That's why our football is going down at senior level. Nobody to replace the ageing ones and we are still begging Kanu to play for us and even calling JayJay to return. Since we won the Nation's Cup in 1994, we have played over 4 U17 competitions and same number of U21 competitions. Where are the players from those competitions? How come we can only raise 11 players from those competitions? when at least 18 players went to each of these competitions.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by AloyEmeka6: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2009

This guy is like 40. make una check him out well well na.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2009
As for Adokie's whistle blowing, I don't think he meant evil even if the timing is wrong. However, people like Adokie have been screaming to high heavens long time ago about us fielding over age players. I think its just coincidental now that the guy who is captaining the team used to play for him!

If NFF think he is wrong they should sue him to court! Infact, I dare them to!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by HNIC(m): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2009
Truth was spoken, but timing was wrong!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by sylve11: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2009
Daddy i hail o! grin cool

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by kayality: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2009
leave that one no country is xcluded,look at those brazil boys most them are over 17 year,including some teams in this ongoing world cup
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by IFELEKE(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2009
Topic,
Adokie has a personal axe to grind with either the ''boy'' in question or the NFF.It's an open secret that all the boys we are parading are way over 17. . . my question to adokie is why now?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by MrCrackles(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

This guy is like 40. make una check him out well well na.
Dang dude has to be at least 40 years old. . . . grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by SMSguru(m): 10:41am On Nov 03, 2009
The whole revelation is bullshit.

The person behind the revelation is a windbag!

Where has he been all these days?
Sighs and walks away,,,
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by pek(m): 10:46am On Nov 03, 2009
i want to say a personal thank you to Adosiamasiemeka for his honesty. i am appalled that Nigerians have been calling him name and NFF have equally termed him unpatriotic. for those who believe the honourable Adokiye is not acting in the best interest of the country, shame on them. the truth here is that we are cheating ourselves if we keep parading daddies as under 17, win and clap for ourselves. what do we have to gain by that? does it take our football higher? NO.instead we win a meaningless cadet cup and lose out in the real one.Can anyone of us point out one player in this squad that is trully 17.a player you know his story from day one to now that is 17? instead of NFF covering their heads in shame, they are casting aspersions on the person of Adokiye. for those who may not know, Adokiye is an ex international of the 1980 squad, a lawyer of high repute.he definitely know what he is saying. if the NFF have nothing to hide, let them sue him for libel and deformation of character. I pity our football.
NB. A colleague in the office told me this story before the competition started.that they played together. he said his name is fortune chukwudi Uwakwe. my colleague is 29. do the maths. stanley Okoro`s heartland registration states his age as 24. who is fooling who?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Nezan(m): 10:48am On Nov 03, 2009
It is only in 9ja that people can be so wicked . . . why didnt they blow the lid until the guys have progressed to the next round of the competition/
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2009
HNIC:

Truth was spoken, but timing was wrong!

GBAM!!!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 11:06am On Nov 03, 2009
IFELEKE:

Topic,
Adokie has a personal axe to grind with either the ''boy'' in question or the NFF.It's an open secret that all the boys we are parading are way over 17. . . my question to adokie is why now?
Same question we are all asking and the other issue is this, do we know for a fact is Adokie is saying the truth? 
These boys passed the MRI scan and by all means were cleared to play as U-17. Now that is a FACT!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by IFELEKE(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

Same question we are all asking and the other issue is this, do we know for a fact is Adokie is saying the truth?
These boys passed the MRI scan and by all means were cleared to play as U-17. Now that is a FACT!
Ore,
I am 90% sure he is saying the truth(it is so very obvious that those boys are no where within the age range they claim. . .what we yorubas call ''aarun oju'') BUT my issue is the timing and intention of his so called ''truth''. In law there is term that says He who comes to equity/justice must come with clean hands'' Adokie is so very guilty of the same crime he is publicising so i wonder WHY!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2009
IFELEKE:

Ore,
I am 90% sure he is saying the truth(it is so very obvious that those boys are no where within the age range they claim. . .what we yorubas call ''aarun oju'') BUT my issue is the timing and intention of his so called ''truth''. In law there is term that says He who comes to equity/justice must come with clean hands'' Adokie is so very guilty of the same crime he is publicising so i wonder WHY!
My person. grin ba wo ni. wink
Yes, Adokie intentions remain cloudy but you see, you said 90% i.e it is NOT a fact.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by sayso: 11:38am On Nov 03, 2009
shut up
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by kehindebad(m): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2009
Hmmmm,
Why did this man just crawl out of the cracks. more than 2 weeks into the competition?
IF and a serious IF, this guy's saying the truth,
Isnt FIFA culpable too, atleast they performed MRI scans?

I'd have to wait for FIFA to make a statement before drawing conclusions though, since its this guy's word against FIFA (not even NFF sef)
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by eldee(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2009
saworoide:

I am sure Chief Adokiye had access to the team list before the commncement of the tournament and he should have raised this issue then. That  would have been seen as raising a patriotic observation. What does he intend to achieve by raising this issue now? To disqualify Nigeria or what?

If you look at most of the teams, especially the ones from Africa, you'll notice a lot of potentially overaged players. gambia crashed out because their 18 of their 23 member squad that won the Africa championship were disqualified by MRI tests.

Can Africans really compete in this tournament with truly under 17 players despite the nutritional challenges we face?

Finally someone's coming from an interesting angle.
Could you please expatiate . . . espececially the highlighted part
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

I think Adokie's claim is more of a fact than passing the MRI scan.

The man claims the guy played for Sharks youth team of U20s claiming to be 18 years old 7 years ago. There would be other people in that youth team that would know their team mate. It is verifiable without a fault.

What needs to happen is Chukwudi should come and confirm whether he was 18 years old then or was he a 10 years old (lying to be 18 OR misquoted during registration). We all know it would be virtually impossible for a 10 year old to be playing football with 20 year olds.

MRI scan is less of a fact for 2 reasons:

1) It was conducted by Nigerian officials on both occassions. We know for a record that the impact pricked them a bit as the first tried to challenge FIFA, after conducting it and realising a lot of the players failed, that it is not in the rules and regulations for the tournament.

There is a possibility Chukwudi failed and was left on because he was a critical player to the team. Basically send MRI failing players home to show compliance but leave one or two that the team can't afford to lose so we are not embarassed in a tournament we are hosting. Surely, we all know this kind of approach is not far beyond Nigerian officials.

2) MRI scan is based on an age range and is indicative, hence it has a margin of error, which is the reason FIFA was reluctant to use it right from time.

So overage players can fall within the age range (basically, scan says he is between the age 15 - 20, so hence we have 20 year olds claiming 16) or can pass it despite being outside the age range (error margins).
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by IFELEKE(m): 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

My person. grin ba wo ni. wink
Yes, Adokie intentions remain cloudy but you see, you said 90% i.e it is NOT a fact.

ore mo wa, o to jo meta. . .hwdy? [size=4pt]why we no dey see you for our new yoruba thread? [/size]   wink
Yes it's not a fact, my 90% is based on what we all see and know. . .infact almost all the countries represented here are guilty of that age crime except(in my opinion) brazil and gambia.
sayso:

shut up
wrong pill?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
IFELEKE:

ore mo wa, o to jo meta. . .hwdy? [size=4pt]why we no dey see you for our new yoruba thread? [/size]   wink
Yes it's not a fact, my 90% is based on what we all see and know. . .infact almost all the countries represented here are guilty of that age crime except(in my opinion) brazil and gambia.wrong pill?

NO western nation ala Germany, Spain, Italy, USA, New Zealand etc is guilty of age crime because:

1) They keep records of virtually the whole population from birth

2) The records are PUBLIC, anyone can go and check in birth registrys

3) The have unrestraint tabloids that are more loyal to selling copies than to the nation, who would be more than happy to spread such lies on the front page as "exclusive" and "exposee" and make a profit

4) The culture of cheating or being dishonest to win is dwarfed when compared to that of countries like Nigeria

Please don't mislead.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by rman: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2009
I am surprised at some of the replies to this thread. If you read Adokie's column every sunday in the pucnh you will understand why he wrote the piece.
After all the media circus concerning MRI before the tournament, it is sad that Nigeria will still go ahead and field overage players. There are genuine under 17's in Niaja that can win. Messi, Rooney and Ronaldo were in this age range when they were known. How many of our so called "great" players at under 17 become great players 4yrs down the line.
We should all bury our heads in shame because this is exactly why nothing works in all facets of our country. Media charade(EFCC, Probe & Committees) but coruption still goes on at all levels.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by FBS: 1:03pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sagamite:

NO western nation ala Germany, Spain, Italy, USA, New Zealand etc is guilty of age crime because:

3) The have unrestraint tabloids that are more loyal to selling copies than to the nation, who would be more than happy to spread such lies on the front page as "exclusive" and "exposee" and make a profit

4) The culture of cheating or being dishonest to win is dwarfed when compared to that of countries like Nigeria

Please don't mislead.
@Sagamite, I'd expect you to be more open on this.

1. Have you ever thought of where the phrase "football age" came from?
2. At least 3 (if not more) of the players in The Manshaft featured for the Euro U-17 last year and by all means they DO NOT look that age. Much more older if you ask me.
3. The tests were performed both in Nigeria and and you don't know for a fact that the test performed in Doha was by Nigerian officials. . .That my brother nullifies that claim (that the two test were performed by Nigerian officials). Those who failed were dropped, what other proof are you looking for?
4. The highligted is a GROSS MISTAKE on your path. Boris Onischenko, Fred Lorz, Briatore, Michael Schumacher, The Spanish Paralympics Basketball Team and a host of others. Do they sound familiar to you?

5. If truely, Adokie is saying the truth then I second the idea that not only should Chukwudi come out and debunk these claims, Adokie should also mention other players that played in the same team with him (Chukwudi).

6. Looking at the players in this tourney, one can boldly say that most of them "look" more than 17 with the exception of Brazil, Gambia and maybe one or two other countries.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Hanoobaba(m): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
Why are you guys getting so worked up? At least the team paid homage to a man of God and he didn't see anything wrong with fielding overaged players. Abeg! LMAO
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by switch47(m): 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2009
LIE!! i guess at this point we should focus on the tounament and not bring this up. matters like this should be hotly debated either before or after the U-17 world cup. just enjoy the games for now. all the bomb shells can follow after the games. thanks.

Scenario Abuja stadium     ( Germany vs Argentina)
   Germany trailing 2-1 and in a hurry) Ball goes out of play
German skipper to ball boy
G skipper-  Hey you small R*t get me the F8ucking ball
Ball boy- you dey crase, no be 2 years you take senior me, me and your goalkeeper na mate o

same day

Nigeria vs Honduras

Nigerian skipper-(to the same ball boy) o boy throw this ball sharp sharp na.
Ball boy- Uncle , you dont forget my name?
Nigeria skipper- (quickly asks) i know you before, common throw ball give me.Abi Ogun dey kill you??
Ball Ball- Uncle no vex, Mr Godey Aighbge  pikin, you dey come pluck coconut for we area, My papa na your junior for school. grin grin grin i hail o
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by texazzpete(m): 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
I don't believe you bunch of whiners here. This has nothing to do with 'proper timing' or the fellow being patriotic. The million naira question is, is the skipper overaged or not? The refusal of Ogunjobi to refute the damning evidence of this guy's presence in the Sharks feeder team 7 years ago paints a clear picture.

Soon i'll see you people in the politics section whining about our 'bad leaders'. Yet here you are casually condoning cheating and condemning a whistleblower simply because of your selfish interests. Nigerians!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by MrCrackles(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
texazzpete:

I don't believe you bunch of whiners here. This has nothing to do with 'proper timing' or the fellow being patriotic. The million naira question is, is the skipper overaged or not? The refusal of Ogunjobi to refute the damning evidence of this guy's presence in the Sharks feeder team 7 years ago paints a clear picture.

Soon i'll see you people in the politics section whining about our 'bad leaders'. Yet here you are casually condoning cheating and condemning a whistleblower simply because of your selfish interests. Nigerians!
He is overaged. . .
20 albino donkey years. . .equates to 40years for an human being! grin
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by IFELEKE(m): 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sagamite:

Please don't mislead.
FBS:

@Sagamite, I'd expect you to be more open on this.

1. Have you ever thought of where the phrase "football age" came from?

2. At least 3 (if not more) of the players in The Manshaft featured for the Euro U-17 last year and by all means they DO NOT look that age. Much more older if you ask me.
3. The tests were performed both in Nigeria and and you don't know for a fact that the test performed in Doha was by Nigerian officials. . .That my brother nullifies that claim (that the two test were performed by Nigerian officials). Those who failed were dropped, what other proof are you looking for?
4. The highligted is a GROSS MISTAKE on your path. Boris Onischenko, Fred Lorz, Briatore, Michael Schumacher, The Spanish Paralympics Basketball Team and a host of others. Do they sound familiar to you?

5. If truely, Adokie is saying the truth then I second the idea that not only should Chukwudi come out and debunk these claims, Adokie should also mention other players that played in the same team with him (Chukwudi).

6. Looking at the players in this tourney, one can boldly say that most of them "look" more than 17 with the exception of Brazil, Gambia and maybe one or two other countries.

Gracias as i rest my case on the afore quoted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ighalo Is Watford's Third Highest Earner With £30,000 Per Week Salary / UEL Last 16 Draw: Barcelona Vs Galatasaray, Porto Vs Lyon, Sevilla Vs West Ham / Fifa U20 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.