Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (15963 Views)

25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
Have we not also thought that by lying about their ages, the team, the NFF and all those involved have also denied the real U17 boys who are somewhere around the Nation, the opportunity to develop in their careers? So if you keep insulting and cursing others for 'trying to bring down' Mr Fortune and co do you not think that you are only insulting and cursing yourselves for supporting Mr Fotune and co's deceit?

The Real U17 players are now somewhere in various academies round Nigeria and may never have the opportunity of moving forward in their careers again because some people have decided to be deceitful and some of us rather than condemn are hailing them as heroes. How would you think they will feel?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by DrKitaun(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2009
all these explanations of yours are just plain idealistic !

when will u be realistic for once ?

u keep talking about the real under-17 in their various academies and how they may never make it . . . .

what of the best of the best of Nigerian graduates that never make it to the top cos their more priviledged peers well connected have jobs waiting for them whereas they will have to contend with poverty, shoe wear and tear before they can get a menial job to say the best ?

or even of the best of the best leaders that are supposed to be ruling us; but since they cant allow their conscience bought and wont belong to PDP, wont be chanced to assist Nigeria develop these true talents that u are talking about . . .

see, am tired of Nigerians in diaspora talking poppycocks about this country and making it look like they alone understand how things should be; what we should do as Nigerians is WALK THE WALK and not the WALK THE TALK that some idiots just sit and profer WESTERN solutions to every Nigerian case . . .how unrealistic ! undecided
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

the same one who is seeking cheap publicity in the midst of a FIFA competition decides it proper to bring up a photo of Fortune at Sharks . . .what does that mean ? does this same picture reveal what time it was taken ?

Abeg no min all dis yeye enemies of progress trying to throw sand into Naija's garri wey we don enrich with kuli-kuli.

How dem get Chukwudi into Heartland's jersey? No be A&B Academy e don dey play for about 2 years when he was just merely ordinary only 15 years old?

I don talk am say impe Adosike just set am up last 2 days because of the naivety that comes with his young age of 17. He was fooled into joining that pix wearing heartland jersey when dey told him Man U was going to select based on young looks.

All these mede mede people wey dem don pay to destroy the little boy, haterz of Nigeria.  grin

WE ARE PROGRESSING!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2009
proudly9ja:

Have we not also thought that by lying about their ages, the team, the NFF and all those involved have also denied the real U17 boys who are somewhere around the Nation, the opportunity to develop in their careers? So if you keep insulting and cursing others for 'trying to bring down' Mr Fortune and co do you not think that you are only insulting and cursing yourselves for supporting Mr Fotune and co's deceit?

The Real U17 players are now somewhere in various academies round Nigeria and may never have the opportunity of moving forward in their careers again because some people have decided to be deceitful and some of us rather than condemn are hailing them as heroes. How would you think they will feel?

Abeg shut up! angry

All this useless professors.

If dem wan succeed, make dem too cheat. It is healthy for our society and we will all move forward if you know you have to cheat to succeed.

You come come here dey give yeye reasoning because you know book. Enemy of progress. grin

Na your type wan dey yawa the memory of Abacha by complaining about Kano naming a stadium after him after all his success. grin

This little boys wey no even get beard na HEROES OF NIGERIA.

Great Nation, Greeeeeeeeeaat People!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2009
Dr Kitaun,

You don't know me and I don't know you therefore I do not think its fair blanketting every Nigerian as "Nigerians in diaspora talking poppycocks about this country and making it look like they alone understand how things should be".

For your info, I was born and bred in Naija and didn't leave Naija till 2007! I schooled in Nigeria and fought injustice at my Uni in Nigeria and yes I was victimised with bad grades and was even threatened several times.  Inspite of it all, I came out with good grades. I faced it and by the Grace of God, I beat it and that is why I can talk about it and get angry about it. When someone cheats, he/she is only stealing another person's opportunity and it is totally unfair. And we cannot justify it by saying it is being done in other sectors, that is total rubbish. Its the same way the NFF and Amodu were saying other sports were not faring too well so why should anyone expect better from football. Its all an easy way of shifting blames!

And by the way, noone is profering western solutions to Nigeria's issues. Sharks FC had a feeder team with a certain Fortune Chukwudi in 2003. At that time he prolly must have been truly U18 and for him to have been in the Sharks feeder team means that he must have been a good player then. However, for one reason or the other, he didn't get into the junior team then. That doesn't mean he should cheat to get into it. Nigeria has been doing this for too long and if we are serious about fighting corruption, we must extend the fight to every level and not just politicians and leaders.

The fight is not about Fortune, or the other men in the team, its the NFF who should regulate the game and enforce order but who act as agents and force their players (overaged or not) on the teams. If it takes Fifa's ban to get us to face reality, then so be it.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2009
Honestly sagamite,

Im disappointed in you.

How can you even compare Abacha's stealing to what these boys are doing? Abacha stole 3billion pounds. How much did these boys steal? Because they lied about their ages? or because some NFF big wigs are acting as agents? Abeggi, dats not stealing o, thats representing. Its called chop I chop as made popular by IBB.

Thats the language we understand in Nigeria o. As long as I am chopping while you are chopping, it doesn't matter who is or is not chopping. As long as the boys, sorry men are bringing smiles to our faces, abeg if them like make dem be 40. Who are you to judge? I am sure that picture sef was not taken in 2003 as claimed by Adokie. Im sure it was taken in 2004! And how do you know it is Fortune? It could be his twin brother. Oops! If they were twins, they would be same age? Oh ok, it could be his older brother. Infact, it is his older brother who played for Sharks.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 12:11am On Nov 12, 2009
^^^ grin grin grin grin

proudly9ja:

At that time he prolly must have been truly U18 and for him to have been in the Sharks feeder team means that he must have been a good player then.

You must be havin a laff, mate.  grin

I can bet you even then it would have been a "sworn affidavit" age he would have been using as he would have had an eye for the U-17. I have no doubt he would have been in his early 20s by then, so think how old he would be now and tackling schoolboys.  undecided
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 1:01am On Nov 12, 2009
Sagamite:

^^^ grin grin grin grin

You must be havin a laff, mate.  grin

I can bet you even then it would have been a "sworn affidavit" age he would have been using as he would have had an eye for the U-17. I have no doubt he would have been in his early 20s by then, so think how old he would be now and tackling schoolboys.  undecided

TBH, I really don't want to blame the boy even though I know he is being deceitful by presenting the wrong age, Ild like to put the blame on the system. No record keeping and the fact that we don't want to improve because some guys are making money from the status quo.
The annoying thing is that others who should know are refusing to talk. When did we sink to this level as a Nation? When people see deceit and not only turn their eyes away but actually support it?

I want to challenege Segun Odegbami to talk. One of 'his' boys from the SHELL CUP competition is in this torunament. I won't mention his name because apart from the fact that I watched him play as a student of a secondary school in the North (then he was in SSS3), I have no other proof. At that time I remember those of us at the National stadium felt he should be in the U17/U21 team because he was miles ahead football wise of his peers. His distribution and vision was excellent. If he had gone to a club like Arsenal then, he would one of the best players in the world now all things being equal. That was way back in 2001/2002. Today he is representing us as U17. I'm sure SHELL has a database of their competitions. The guy won the MVP so at least he must have his photographs taken too.

My suggestion is the FA must put personal gains aside. They must put the interest of the Nation first. We must use the real U17 and U21 and U23 players at every competition starting from the next one. Ade Ojeikere, Adokie have been harping on this for years now. It is to our detriment as a Nation when we keep cheating. It affects us all in the long run.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2009
^^^ I will mention name.

That must be Ajagun because it is even in his profile that he was discovered at the Shell Cup.

Now profiling people of that background, he must have been 19 or 20 when he was in SS3.

So today, I would expect him to be about 26. undecided

This is not slight cheating that can be overlooked, we can as well put a jersey on Okocha and say he is 17.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by komekn(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2009
When you have lived in war zone all your life you get used to war and no longer desire peace, therefore there is no appreciation of peace, joy, quite enjoyment, consideration and just love your neighbour.

Truth, Integrity, Honesty, Righteousness, Fair play are such rare deserts at the meal table of Nigeria that are palates find it hard to ingest them. I consider Adokie a true patriot in my earlier post I explained the nature of our NFF and as we know the righteous will face persecution.

The competition is for under 17s not under 30 it’s simply cheating and not right. Proudly9ja, Sagamite and others this is in a nutshell is the problem with Nigeria we love corruption so much we even celebrate it, “we no deh shame self” It seems from a lot of the contributions that our consciences have been seared and we reject truth for a lie. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by proudly9ja(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2009
^^^^
I kinda agree and its such a shame.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by switch47(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
Fortune chukwu is only 16 years old!! confirmed!! those boys are realy realy young. and they are doing Nigeria Proud!!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by switch47(m): 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2009
By Emma Okocha Adokiye Amiesimaka… Man of the Year
FOR many years, the Nigerian National teams depended on their wingers to produce the goals or to disrupt the opposing defence in order for the rampaging strikers to find the net.

The exploits of these brilliant wingers will remain evergreen in our football memory. Dejo, Fayemi, Ibadan Lions; Okwudili, Lagos ECN; Peter Anieke, Stationary Stores; Kunle Awesu ICC Shooting Stars; Josiah Donbraye, Sharks of Port Harcourt; Emeka, Onyedika, Enugu Rangers International.

During Father Tico’s era, he noticed and imbibed in his wingers the natural advantage the African footballer has over the other football nations of the world — Speed.

The Nigerian wingers were trained to accelerate the attack and when a natural winger is discovered, he is trained to work on his speed. If he is intelligent and blessed with more skills, then that Nigerian formation was organised to let the offence loose from the wings. Those were the days of 4 -2-4.

In the 90 minutes of play, the Nigerian squad, built on a formidable defence, supported by a midfield of ‘’ball boys’’ and provided upfront with wingers that have the fire power of a Damien Ogunsuyi, the overlapping speed of Ogidi Ibeabuchi, and the on-the-run dribbling capabilities of Segun Odegbami, is a killer squad.

Adokiye Amiesimaka as Unilag law student, and playing in the mid-seventies, for perhaps the greatest Nigeria soccer assembly, belonged to that select pantheon of Eagles wingers who had everything. Speed, ball intelligence, dribbling sense, thirst and nose for the goals. And the critical winger advantage of locating his number 9 without looking up to find his striking direction.

Adokiye in his prime, could have played for any team in the world. But his time under the sun was not like our today. A great time for many of our average football players, who are celebrated all over the world for just possessing one or few of Adokiye’s talents.

Millions of naira, instant stardom and immediate transformation is accorded to an African son of a carpenter, once he can outrun his European opponents and score a goal. The whole football world is waken up to salute the goal and the new media hurry to announce it, mounting the footage all over the place. And who will tell the world that my poor CJ, Adokiye, who in his many unsung days did score better goals, meandered through tougher defences and had more grace of movement than those sons of carpenters.

Furthermore, most of these boys as noted by our own enfant terrible, Etim Essien, were supposed to be candidates for the streets, did not like going to school, never came near a Law School.

Whatever was the main issue with our former gifted winger, Adokiye, which led him to condemn publicly the Nigerian football authorities, for fielding overaged players at the ongoing U-17 tournament, at a time the junior team is fighting to restore the country’s soccer reputation, is beyond reason. For him, who has had it all, it is the ear-splitting thud of a fallen angel.

Adokiye Amiesimaka as a player was a gift from the gods. As an artist, he had an uncommon spiritual connection with the masses who made up over 80% of the Lagos Surulere stadium crowd. They worshiped him, and called him their CJ.

Because he is one of those few souls who are so blessed and constantly tormented and must suffer from tyranny of talents, he was offered a radio programme and in no good time, he graduated as a star broadcaster. He was invited to play for the legendary Rangers at his own terms.

On retirement, he was almost given the whole franchise of the Sharks of the Rivers State. To the best of our knowledge, he was the President, if he likes the Chairman and most of the time, doubled as the Coach and also the team Manager and even when he went off to other appointments, he is always coming back to the Sharks as if the Sharks FC was his family business.

As if the blessings were not enough, he became the Commissioner of Justice and Attorney-General for the Rivers State. Please, my dear CJ, were you on seat when the mother of all immorality was committed in Rivers State? When they hanged the environmentalist, and burnt the civil rights crusader with acid?

What were your reactions? You must be very lucky you were not brought before the Admiral KKK OmoregieCourtmarshal of the Vanguard Kikiriki Base Command. That military court would have have found you guilty and caned you over your recent inconsideration and innuendos against poor youngsters whose crime is nothing but to be allowed to just better their lives.

Come to think of it, how many Nigerian poor kids really know when they were born? We were horrified to learn in a recent seminar at George Washington that most African kids claim any age in order to play soccer, move up their age so as to qualify to eat food before they are registered to go to school!

The seminar brought the whole room to tears when a referenced study posited that, over 75% of the focused African kids go to school without food. So in those formative years, the European child and others who are well fed should be way ahead of his African counterpart. The Governor of Rivers last week came to Virginia and surprisingly confirmed our nightmare. That our poor kids are going to school without food!! And somebody is shouting about age advantage.

On balance, we will like to submit that the football organisation and our sports in general have not seen the best of leadership. But in this pen profession, we are trained to observe that, there are some news that are too hot to report, even if it is a true story.

CJ, in your bile disclosure, have you considered the impact of your bombshell on the poor boy Chukwudi Fortune, and Olanrewaju Kayode? Their poor families and of course the impact of your story on you and your stewardship as a man of everything in the Sharks FC? Your own Rivers state?

For a long time, your outburst will stay with those lads and they will never forget you. Have you worried about your story’s indelible mark on Nigeria, her soccer reputation? Your intemperate revelations must have wounded irretrievably her efforts to rebrand her image through the expected success from hosting the world.

On that final question, we would like to invite you to step into the arena. With the simple caveat that you must as you say in your professional register; ‘those who come to equity must come with clean hands.’ From your moral compass as a former Commissioner of Justice and Attorney-General, tell us the inside stories of the murder of Saro Wiwa.

In the final analysis, if the Nigerian team under Captain Chukwudi Fortune runs away with the U-17 world cup, or fails to make it, Nigeria and the world football will for ever remember the unexpected thunder from a fallen angel who like Caesar wanted everything for Rome.

But like all tragedies of our world, Caesar’s motivation and world view for Rome, obscured the daggers of his envious and corrupt fellow Senators of Rome.

The daggers that ripped his heart into pieces, invited and encouraged the vandals, the barbarians, the poor peoples of the slave kingdoms of the world to move and eventually overthrow the rotten Roman Empire. CJ Adokiye Amiesimaka as the Nigerian Dude of the Year.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Ibime(m): 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2009
It is laughable that this is even a national issue.

Newsflash for Nigerians: No-one in the world cares about who won what in youth football!

It is only in Nigeria where the NFA have miseducated Nigerians into viewing youth tournament victories as a key progress indicator. You will often hear idiots like Sani Lulu boasting of their achievements of having won the "Under 17 world cup".

The only thing that counts in football is the senior team!

Chukwudi is simply a victim of fate. But his hopes and ambitions are not large enough from stopping the Nigerian nation from making progress.

The only reason we parade players like him is because NFF have foregone their principle duty of developing youth football.

He must be sacrificed to ensure that henceforth we only develop the right youngsters and rid ourselves of this cancer where we often have quadragenarians parading in the Super-Eagles, having graduated from the under-17 team at 27 years of age.

I pray Nigeria is banned from youth football for 10 years!!!

If you are sick, and you refuse to go see the doctor, you must be sectioned for your own good!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by naso2(m): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you.

I have said it before that Chukwudi and Okoro are just too old for this cadre.

But make Fifa just dash us 2 yrs make we learn.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by komekn(m): 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2009
switch47

The discussion has preceded the issue of validity of age, it is not in dispute however, your statement that they are all U17 may open a can of worms and you never know who might be looking at this forum.

You attack the person and not the substance of his proposition, let’s keep to the discussion name calling against Adokie, just will not do.

I hail from a remote village in the Niger Delta and even in that environment people have a clear idea of age and age group even if there is discrepancy it will be months possibly a year not 5,7, 10 years.

Furthermore we are not talking about the 50’s ,60’s, 70’s or 80’s but the 90’s(CIT age) most of these guys went to high school do you want people disclosing further damaging information, I don’t think that’s a very good idea.

Lets not pretend, truth is truth, right is right and lie na lie, this situation mirrors our country, it is truly a 9ja thing not just a NFF thing. For a long time we will remember Adokie as a voice that spoke out the truth even if he’s the only man standing.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by bawomolo(m): 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2009
Ibime:

It is laughable that this is even a national issue.

Newsflash for Nigerians: No-one in the world cares about who won what in youth football!

It is only in Nigeria where the NFA have miseducated Nigerians into viewing youth tournament victories as a key progress indicator. You will often hear idiots like Sani Lulu boasting of their achievements of having won the "Under 17 world cup".

The only thing that counts in football is the senior team!

Chukwudi is simply a victim of fate. But his hopes and ambitions are not large enough from stopping the Nigerian nation from making progress.

The only reason we parade players like him is because NFF have foregone their principle duty of developing youth football.

He must be sacrificed to ensure that henceforth we only develop the right youngsters and rid ourselves of this cancer where we often have quadragenarians parading in the Super-Eagles, having graduated from the under-17 team at 27 years of age.

I pray Nigeria is banned from youth football for 10 years!!!

If you are sick, and you refuse to go see the doctor, you must be sectioned for your own good!

i agree, some posters are even saying it's by force we win this competition. is it that serious?
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by stanloski(m): 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2009
Una neva see anything!
I heard one of the "kids" has two children! And i  just heard this evening that one of the "boys" graduated from sec sch in 1998! Let me see,  where is my calculator, emmm 17 minus 11 equals,,  6! OMG shocked we have a genius in our hands! he left secondary school at 6! My o My what a brainy kid,  angry hissss! This age thing has convinced me that 9ja is finished! We grumble about corruption and bad governance but we condone age cheats.We r just a bunch of hypocrites! worse than the pharisees!
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by naso2(m): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
stanloski:

Una neva see anything!
I heard one of the "kids" has two children! And i just heard this evening that one of the "boys" graduated from sec sch in 1998! Let me see, where is my calculator, emmm 17 minus 11 equals,, 6! OMG shocked we have a genius in our hands! he left secondary school at 6! My o My what a brainy kid, angry hissss! This age thing has convinced me that 9ja is finished! We grumble about corruption and bad governance but we condone age cheats.We r just a bunch of hypocrites! worse than the pharisees!

My broda, I think say na only me see am like that.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by marutimon: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
My first post and a few comments:

I think we can all agree that the timing of Adokiye was repulsive. This should have preferably been done before the tournament or in the worst case after. The timing leads me to believe that politics has also come into play.

However I have increasing certainty that Fortune Chukwudi and several other players (Kayode, Okoro) were taken on in spite of failing the MRI tests. Possibly because the coach thought it losing too many key players would destroy any chances the team has at the tournament. It is impossible for so many old guys to pass the loop without someone turning a blind eye.

I noticed also looking back in time a very weird peculiarity,  It seems that December is a very popular month for Nigerian youth footballers to be born in,  Other weird things: Look at the Wikipedia entries for Abdul Ajagun, Omoh Ojabu, Mohammed Aliyu,  according to those they are all 19-23 years old,

That said I must fill in on the MRI scan issue. Bringing them in was a great thing for the tournament. Apart from Nigeria it seems all other African teams screened their players very honestly and now presented a real u17 squad. And I can see them benefiting,  the u17 Gambia side may not have progressed, but actually played some great football and could have easily progressed in their group save for bad luck. Similarly the Malawians come with real schoolboys and they were quite impressive. I can also safely state that a lot of the Burkina Faso players will be searched after by scouts once this tournament is over (probably even more than in the case of the tainted Nigerian side). The 14-year old Bertrand Traoré will have great prospects in front of him and will be quickly optioned by a European team (apparently Manchester United have already taken him in to their youth squad). [/b]And these countries will benefit from real youths actually getting a chance to present themselves. And the lack of age cheating will really make the European clubs more open to a risk - they have one risk less to worry about, meaning no more need to worry if the players really are as young as they say they are,

MRI tests are 90% certain within a 6 month band and 99,9% within a 2 year band. Hence any player that passed the test is no older than 19 with a 100% certainty. So if a test is done honestly the oldest a player can be is 19.

POSITIVES because there are some in the whole situation:

1) [b]This is still the youngest u17 squad Nigeria has ever fielded.
MRI scan or not just look at some of the players. I have no doubt that most of them are no older than 18-19. A lot of the players are still young enough to be great potential players and even if they are not 16-17 as they stated they are still teenagers (Okoro and Chukwudi apart) and have great development potential. Enough said that FIFA did random test 4 Nigerian players (can't wait to find out which ones - results will be presented after the tournament) and all of them passed - so lets not let the bad apples negate the impressive display of the younger players.

2) The random MRI test scans will force NFF to rethink what they are doing. I think Nigeria decided to test FIFA this time around (because they are hosts and FIFA doesn't like scandals), but the MRI tests will slowly phase out the cheats. They may get away with it this time around, but next time FIFA won't be so lenient.

3) Surprisingly the biggest stars of the tournament for Nigeria has been the supersub Sani Emmanuel and the goalkeeper Dani Paul. The latter looks like a teenager and I can state with 90% surety that his is a teenager. But even more importantly the surprise package that is Sani Emmanuel should console those furious at the Chukwudi scandal. As far as I'm concerned Sani IS AS OLD AS HE STATES HE IS! His background story fits and everything about him seems genuine. He is also a surprise addition to the squad picked up from a youth squad the u17 played. And he is the biggest talent I have seen in Nigerian youth football in 10 years or more.

For semiproof just look at this picture.

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Ibime(m): 1:16am On Nov 14, 2009
marutimon:

My first post and a few comments:

I think we can all agree that the timing of Adokiye was repulsive. This should have preferably been done before the tournament or in the worst case after. The timing leads me to believe that politics has also come into play.

However I have increasing certainty that Fortune Chukwudi and several other players (Kayode, Okoro) were taken on in spite of failing the MRI tests. Possibly because the coach thought it losing too many key players would destroy any chances the team has at the tournament. It is impossible for so many old guys to pass the loop without someone turning a blind eye.

I noticed also looking back in time a very weird peculiarity,  It seems that December is a very popular month for Nigerian youth footballers to be born in,  Other weird things: Look at the Wikipedia entries for Abdul Ajagun, Omoh Ojabu, Mohammed Aliyu,  according to those they are all 19-23 years old,

That said I must fill in on the MRI scan issue. Bringing them in was a great thing for the tournament. Apart from Nigeria it seems all other African teams screened their players very honestly and now presented a real u17 squad. And I can see them benefiting,  the u17 Gambia side may not have progressed, but actually played some great football and could have easily progressed in their group save for bad luck. Similarly the Malawians come with real schoolboys and they were quite impressive. I can also safely state that a lot of the Burkina Faso players will be searched after by scouts once this tournament is over (probably even more than in the case of the tainted Nigerian side). The 14-year old Bertrand Traoré will have great prospects in front of him and will be quickly optioned by a European team (apparently Manchester United have already taken him in to their youth squad). [/b]And these countries will benefit from real youths actually getting a chance to present themselves. And the lack of age cheating will really make the European clubs more open to a risk - they have one risk less to worry about, meaning no more need to worry if the players really are as young as they say they are,

MRI tests are 90% certain within a 6 month band and 99,9% within a 2 year band. Hence any player that passed the test is no older than 19 with a 100% certainty. So if a test is done honestly the oldest a player can be is 19.

POSITIVES because there are some in the whole situation:

1) [b]This is still the youngest u17 squad Nigeria has ever fielded.
MRI scan or not just look at some of the players. I have no doubt that most of them are no older than 18-19. A lot of the players are still young enough to be great potential players and even if they are not 16-17 as they stated they are still teenagers (Okoro and Chukwudi apart) and have great development potential. Enough said that FIFA did random test 4 Nigerian players (can't wait to find out which ones - results will be presented after the tournament) and all of them passed - so lets not let the bad apples negate the impressive display of the younger players.

2) The random MRI test scans will force NFF to rethink what they are doing. I think Nigeria decided to test FIFA this time around (because they are hosts and FIFA doesn't like scandals), but the MRI tests will slowly phase out the cheats. They may get away with it this time around, but next time FIFA won't be so lenient.

3) Surprisingly the biggest stars of the tournament for Nigeria has been the supersub Sani Emmanuel and the goalkeeper Dani Paul. The latter looks like a teenager and I can state with 90% surety that his is a teenager. But even more importantly the surprise package that is Sani Emmanuel should console those furious at the Chukwudi scandal. As far as I'm concerned Sani IS AS OLD AS HE STATES HE IS! His background story fits and everything about him seems genuine. He is also a surprise addition to the squad picked up from a youth squad the u17 played. And he is the biggest talent I have seen in Nigerian youth football in 10 years or more.

For semiproof just look at this picture.

Very interesting and educative post.

You are correct about Sani.

Chukwudi and Okoro are two guys who have no bizness in that squad. Honestly.

Do you think Bertrand Traore is really 14 years old?

As for the Gambians, they have a very strong football culture and I have no doubt their players are within 2 years of what they say they are. In Gambia, you will see young boys training for football every morning by jogging kilometres on the beach and they have a strong grassroots football culture there. Everyday, all the best players gather at Banjul stadium and receive professional coaching for all ages.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by marutimon: 7:10am On Nov 14, 2009
Bertrand Traore - he is 14 years old or else he is very underdeveloped for his age if he is older,  maybe 15,  at most 16,  but in that case - why lie? Just look at he boy, he could easily pass for a 12 year old, if he wasn't so tall,

Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Sagamite(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2009
^^^^Now look at this boy. And some people would say you can't judge by looks.

Look at Okoro and then tell me how your stomach feels to know this are the children Okoro is playing against.

If this boy was Nigerian, he would be U-10.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Jonnic1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
switch47:

By Emma Okocha Adokiye Amiesimaka… Man of the Year
FOR many years, the Nigerian National teams depended on their wingers to produce the goals or to disrupt the opposing defence in order for the rampaging strikers to find the net.

The exploits of these brilliant wingers will remain evergreen in our football memory. Dejo, Fayemi, Ibadan Lions; Okwudili, Lagos ECN; Peter Anieke, Stationary Stores; Kunle Awesu ICC Shooting Stars; Josiah Donbraye, Sharks of Port Harcourt; Emeka, Onyedika, Enugu Rangers International.

During Father Tico’s era, he noticed and imbibed in his wingers the natural advantage the African footballer has over the other football nations of the world — Speed.

The Nigerian wingers were trained to accelerate the attack and when a natural winger is discovered, he is trained to work on his speed. If he is intelligent and blessed with more skills, then that Nigerian formation was organised to let the offence loose from the wings. Those were the days of 4 -2-4.

In the 90 minutes of play, the Nigerian squad, built on a formidable defence, supported by a midfield of ‘’ball boys’’ and provided upfront with wingers that have the fire power of a Damien Ogunsuyi, the overlapping speed of Ogidi Ibeabuchi, and the on-the-run dribbling capabilities of Segun Odegbami, is a killer squad.

Adokiye Amiesimaka as Unilag law student, and playing in the mid-seventies, for perhaps the greatest Nigeria soccer assembly, belonged to that select pantheon of Eagles wingers who had everything. Speed, ball intelligence, dribbling sense, thirst and nose for the goals. And the critical winger advantage of locating his number 9 without looking up to find his striking direction.

Adokiye in his prime, could have played for any team in the world. But his time under the sun was not like our today. A great time for many of our average football players, who are celebrated all over the world for just possessing one or few of Adokiye’s talents.

Millions of naira, instant stardom and immediate transformation is accorded to an African son of a carpenter, once he can outrun his European opponents and score a goal. The whole football world is waken up to salute the goal and the new media hurry to announce it, mounting the footage all over the place. And who will tell the world that my poor CJ, Adokiye, who in his many unsung days did score better goals, meandered through tougher defences and had more grace of movement than those sons of carpenters.

Furthermore, most of these boys as noted by our own enfant terrible, Etim Essien, were supposed to be candidates for the streets, did not like going to school, never came near a Law School.

Whatever was the main issue with our former gifted winger, Adokiye, which led him to condemn publicly the Nigerian football authorities, for fielding overaged players at the ongoing U-17 tournament, at a time the junior team is fighting to restore the country’s soccer reputation, is beyond reason. For him, who has had it all, it is the ear-splitting thud of a fallen angel.

Adokiye Amiesimaka as a player was a gift from the gods. As an artist, he had an uncommon spiritual connection with the masses who made up over 80% of the Lagos Surulere stadium crowd. They worshiped him, and called him their CJ.

Because he is one of those few souls who are so blessed and constantly tormented and must suffer from tyranny of talents, he was offered a radio programme and in no good time, he graduated as a star broadcaster. He was invited to play for the legendary Rangers at his own terms.

On retirement, he was almost given the whole franchise of the Sharks of the Rivers State. To the best of our knowledge, he was the President, if he likes the Chairman and most of the time, doubled as the Coach and also the team Manager and even when he went off to other appointments, he is always coming back to the Sharks as if the Sharks FC was his family business.

As if the blessings were not enough, he became the Commissioner of Justice and Attorney-General for the Rivers State. Please, my dear CJ, were you on seat when the mother of all immorality was committed in Rivers State? When they hanged the environmentalist, and burnt the civil rights crusader with acid?

What were your reactions? You must be very lucky you were not brought before the Admiral KKK OmoregieCourtmarshal of the Vanguard Kikiriki Base Command. That military court would have have found you guilty and caned you over your recent inconsideration and innuendos against poor youngsters whose crime is nothing but to be allowed to just better their lives.

Come to think of it, how many Nigerian poor kids really know when they were born? We were horrified to learn in a recent seminar at George Washington that most African kids claim any age in order to play soccer, move up their age so as to qualify to eat food before they are registered to go to school!

The seminar brought the whole room to tears when a referenced study posited that, over 75% of the focused African kids go to school without food. So in those formative years, the European child and others who are well fed should be way ahead of his African counterpart. The Governor of Rivers last week came to Virginia and surprisingly confirmed our nightmare. That our poor kids are going to school without food!! And somebody is shouting about age advantage.

On balance, we will like to submit that the football organisation and our sports in general have not seen the best of leadership. But in this pen profession, we are trained to observe that, there are some news that are too hot to report, even if it is a true story.

CJ, in your bile disclosure, have you considered the impact of your bombshell on the poor boy Chukwudi Fortune, and Olanrewaju Kayode? Their poor families and of course the impact of your story on you and your stewardship as a man of everything in the Sharks FC? Your own Rivers state?

For a long time, your outburst will stay with those lads and they will never forget you. Have you worried about your story’s indelible mark on Nigeria, her soccer reputation? Your intemperate revelations must have wounded irretrievably her efforts to rebrand her image through the expected success from hosting the world.

On that final question, we would like to invite you to step into the arena. With the simple caveat that you must as you say in your professional register; ‘those who come to equity must come with clean hands.’ From your moral compass as a former Commissioner of Justice and Attorney-General, tell us the inside stories of the murder of Saro Wiwa.

In the final analysis, if the Nigerian team under Captain Chukwudi Fortune runs away with the U-17 world cup, or fails to make it, Nigeria and the world football will for ever remember the unexpected thunder from a fallen angel who like Caesar wanted everything for Rome.

But like all tragedies of our world, Caesar’s motivation and world view for Rome, obscured the daggers of his envious and corrupt fellow Senators of Rome.

The daggers that ripped his heart into pieces, invited and encouraged the vandals, the barbarians, the poor peoples of the slave kingdoms of the world to move and eventually overthrow the rotten Roman Empire. CJ Adokiye Amiesimaka as the Nigerian Dude of the Year.

God Bless U, Emma Okocha.

Your insightful analysis on the outburst on Adokiye about Captain Fortune gladdens my heart. Yours is the best comment and analysis I have read so far on this age controversy. People like Adokiye are simply desperados who are trying to find relevance at all cost and achieve some ulterior motives and all we have are reactions from some members of the public who are liars and confirmed age cheats themselves who will never declare their true age in documentations for employments, applications etc but who have the audacity to shout 'age cheats'. Where is the age advantage anyway, when our counterparts from Europe have every conceivable developmental apparatus available to them right from the cradle, the African child struggles for almost everything right from childhood through to his teenage years is made to compete with his counterpart from the West and yet excels largely due to extreme determination and hardwork. No matter how one looks at it, Adokiyes comment about Fortune during the competition is to say the least absurd. Where was he when the team was been put together? why did he not say anything? so many questions for this man to answer. Can this 'man' Adokiye come to equity with cleans hands, can he say before God and Man that during his time as the CJ of Rivers State, he honestly and truthfully exposed corruption in both high and low places without fear or favour? What was the justice situation like during his time as the CJ of Rivers State? Nigerians should not be carried away by the so called revelation coming from this man. In my opinion he does not have the best of this nation at heart except of course if he is charge or in control of the Nations football Affairs. Tell me, when Adokiye was part of those running the affairs of football in this nation, how many times did he cry out about age cheats, or where there no age cheats before now in our football? Anyway thank you for that wonderful piece.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by kbeazy: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2009
The problem for me even goes beyond the u17 competition. Some current members of the Super eagles are also suffering from the effects of having played age group competitions for the country. We have at least two players who are over 40 and a majority are in their mid thirties. Osaze who on paper is one of the oldest members of the team might actually be the youngest! we need to overhaul football administration in this country to avoid embarrassing scenarios like these. On Adokiye's expose, timing cannot be an issue. I am totally in support of his position. it is a fact that the identities of these players were not disclosed until a few days to the competition. We do not need people like Ogunjobi in the NFF, his actions and utterances depict an individual who is corrupt and morally bankrupt.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by Jonnic1(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
Proudly9ja:

For your info, I was born and bred in Naija and didn't leave Naija till 2007! I schooled in Nigeria and fought injustice at my Uni in Nigeria and yes I was victimised with bad grades and was even threatened several times. Inspite of it all, I came out with good grades. I faced it and by the Grace of God, I beat it and that is why I can talk about it and get angry about it. When someone cheats, he/she is only stealing another person's opportunity and it is totally unfair. And we cannot justify it by saying it is being done in other sectors, that is total rubbish. Its the same way the NFF and Amodu were saying other sports were not faring too well so why should anyone expect better from football. Its all an easy way of shifting blames!

Welldone My Proudly9ja. Le me ask you a few question. Which University did you graduate from and when? You said you fought injustice at your Uni, what type of injustice did you fight and how many of such cases of injustice were you able to effectively address? you said you were victimized with bad grades, but yet you came out with good grades. Why are you speaking from both sides of the amount. In one breath you were victimised with bad grades and in another breath you came out with good grades. Can you expantiate. what are you saying. how can you be victimised with bad grades and yet come out with goods grades? Can you tell us how old you are, please. Mr Proudly9ja, why did you leave Naija in the first place, I thought you would have stayed back in Nigeria to help us fight injustice, corruption, lies, age cheats and the likes before jetting out, because the injustice and victimisation in our Universities and the likes is still on the rise. It is obvious that your fight against injustice in your Uni was not successful or if successful then did not stand the test of time. Your comments about age "cheats' in our footballl is quite interesting. but sometimes you seem to sound holier than thou and you fail to see anything good in our football. I will suggest you kindly come back from your abode to Naija to help us sanitise our football house as well as help to identify and raise a true under 17 team for Nigeria. Can you also tell what you are doing Abroad to help correct the many perceived problems at home?. I suppose that will be better than shouting over the rooftop from another man's country about Fortune Chukwudi or age cheats in our football.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by DrKitaun(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
Jonnic1:

Proudly9ja:

For your info, I was born and bred in Naija and didn't leave Naija till 2007! I schooled in Nigeria and fought injustice at my Uni in Nigeria and yes I was victimised with bad grades and was even threatened several times. Inspite of it all, I came out with good grades. I faced it and by the Grace of God, I beat it and that is why I can talk about it and get angry about it. When someone cheats, he/she is only stealing another person's opportunity and it is totally unfair. And we cannot justify it by saying it is being done in other sectors, that is total rubbish. Its the same way the NFF and Amodu were saying other sports were not faring too well so why should anyone expect better from football. Its all an easy way of shifting blames!

Welldone My Proudly9ja. Le me ask you a few question. Which University did you graduate from and when? You said you fought injustice at your Uni, what type of injustice did you fight and how many of such cases of injustice were you able to effectively address? you said you were victimized with bad grades, but yet you came out with good grades. Why are you speaking from both sides of the amount. In one breath you were victimised with bad grades and in another breath you came out with good grades. Can you expantiate. what are you saying. how can you be victimised with bad grades and yet come out with goods grades? Can you tell us how old you are, please. Mr Proudly9ja, why did you leave Naija in the first place, I thought you would have stayed back in Nigeria to help us fight injustice, corruption, lies, age cheats and the likes before jetting out, because the injustice and victimisation in our Universities and the likes is still on the rise. It is obvious that your fight against injustice in your Uni was not successful or if successful then did not stand the test of time. Your comments about age "cheats' in our footballl is quite interesting. but sometimes you seem to sound holier than thou and you fail to see anything good in our football. I will suggest you kindly come back from your abode to Naija to help us sanitise our football house as well as help to identify and raise a true under 17 team for Nigeria. Can you also tell what you are doing Abroad to help correct the many perceived problems at home?. I suppose that will be better than shouting over the rooftop from another man's country about Fortune Chukwudi or age cheats in our football.

Brilliant !

need I say more ? undecided
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by echobee(f): 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
if Fortune Chukwudi is u-17, that means i will be u-5 grin grin grin grin grin grin.those guys just bully other country players.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by NOUBLE(m): 2:14am On Nov 23, 2009
Awa arawa, we we. fawu dey eat fawu intestine.
Re: Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old by CarlosVent(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2009
not only the captain chukwudi but many of them

they shaved every where and have small body statue and u can hardly find out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fifa U20 World Cup / Ighalo Is Watford's Third Highest Earner With £30,000 Per Week Salary / UEL Last 16 Draw: Barcelona Vs Galatasaray, Porto Vs Lyon, Sevilla Vs West Ham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.