Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Dear Mum And Dad,No Thank You For Raising Me This Way. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Mum And Dad,No Thank You For Raising Me This Way. (791 Views)

A Friend's Mum And Niece Are Missing / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / 5 Survival Tips For Raising A Large Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mum And Dad,No Thank You For Raising Me This Way. by WomanOfRace(f): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2016
"Poverty is never a good thing to start with; the average and the below average parents call it being strict when they punish their kids for wrong done not knowing they are not helping matter at all.

There are many ways to kill a rat without cutting off the head. Imagine denying your kids half a day food because you want to punish them for making use of soup you asked them not to touch; are you training up soldiers? Using your belt, shoes, and police talk true look alike; are you treating a kid, criminal or training up one?

At times parents don't know how to channel their frustration, anger on something positive, instead they will vent it out on kids that most kids once they left for boarding school, holiday to relatives,they wouldn't want to come back home because of the treatments they view as hateful and unwarranted. Those kids will grow up avoiding home.

There are ways to make corrections,different levels, kinds of punishment for stages in kids. You can't treat 12years like 2years or 2years like 12years. Again,punishing your kids in a very hard way only hardens them,and it will get to a point where you can do nothing about it. Do not create nightmare for yourself in name of strictness. When you punish a kid with your left hand, use the right hand to draw him closer, show him his wrong and why he shouldn't do it again.

Especially for we women, no kid will like to stay close to abusive, nagging and cursive mother even though the love is assured.

Yes, most of us were born in the 80's and early 90's , we grew up thanking our parents for such treatment which shaped us to better us; but come on, kids of these days are too soft unlike us.

Spare not the rod and spoil the child ,and do not spoil the child and spare the rod. God made you a parent for a reason,do your job well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dear Mum And Dad,No Thank You For Raising Me This Way. by MizTyna(f): 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hello OP,quite sad when i hear of parents starving their kids because they erred. It is nothing but abuse. My mum will flog you with omorogun (turning stick) after or before you eat. Spank your child when neccessary,talk to them,whatever in moderation. But starving them?! I'll never support that

Funny thing is,my Dad almost never beats us. He just calls us aside and speaks to us calmly yet we'll rather disobey our mum 10times than my dad

2 Likes

Re: Dear Mum And Dad,No Thank You For Raising Me This Way. by WomanOfRace(f): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
MizTyna:
Hello OP,quite sad when i hear of parents starving their kids because they erred. It is nothing but abuse. My mum will flog you with omorogun (turning stick) after or before you eat. Spank your child when neccessary,talk to them,whatever in moderation. But starving them?! I'll never support that

Funny thing is,my Dad almost never beats us. He just calls us aside and speaks to us calmly yet we'll rather disobey our mum 10times than my dad

You are right. Starving them as if it is not creating an avenue for them to steal garri or money to buy something behind your back. I call it killing the small thief to resurrect criminal himself.

(1) (Reply)

Grandma Cant See Or Walk / Serious Relationship Needed / ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.