Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West (68664 Views)

2019: Forces Against Atiku / UK Armed Forces In Nigeria To Assist Nigeria Armed Forces Against Boko Haram / Anger Swells Against South-east Governors - NewTelegraphOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by ImpersonatorSS: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kachidox:

Chaiiii... If the igbos' and yorubas' voted against OBJ. who voted for him. NORTH OLODO RABATA OJU EJA LO MA JE.. pikin wey compose dat song na GOD go bless you.. OLODO OSHII

I have analysed how Igbos voted:

In 1999, they voted against Falae.

In 2003, they voted for Ojukwu - APGA. PDP rigged it all the same and made something out of it for OBJ.

That's it. If you like, go and die. grin
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
We LEAD. Other tribes follow. Take it or die! Period! Or....hear this ahgain....

“Yoruba elevated former President Goodluck Jonathan to become the president but when he started behaving funny, where did he end up? He saw the consequences. Those who ventured into attempting to rubbish the Yoruba lost out completely. If anybody now thinks in the same direction, they will also disgrace themselves at the end of the day. No region can entirely be on its own without the Yoruba. No region can dare it”.

Let this so-called alliance happen. Only then would you know how powerful we Yorubas are. Take it or leave it. We determine your destiny.

Sebi you southerners know how to hate and wail ba? Bring it on. This page is 11 pages in just how many hours, with you all groaning away your pain.

1 Like

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Chiedu4Trump: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
jbcul4ril:
No bro, it where you put your vote that determines corporations and allocation . It all about Interest not bitterness. If for example SE is given more allocation than SW ,how do you expect them to feel? They supported the president into power. This game is all about interest not bitterness. Every appointment is according to support received not Federal Character. That why you see SW gets juicy and better appointments in PMB government. That how Nigeria politics is played. Interest all the way.

Imo state has an APC governor and what happened to his state?

SInce when do none winning states not get fair treatment?

I personally know many igbo guys who supported Buhari, what happened to them?
They are no where to be seen.

Please dont insult our intelligence. angry

1 Like

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by diadem10: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
OILSOUP:

HOW ABOUT A REFERENDUM AS WAS DONE IN THE 1960S? BUHARI SHOULD CALL A REFERENDUM CONDUCTED AND SUPERVISED BY THE UN.

Let you senators and politician canvass such! Kapish!

Stop disturbing our ears with your nonsense noise!
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Strech(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
CSTR13:
Speak for yourself bro.
The SE may align with the north if it furthers our interests.
The Afonjas have taught you guys that politics in Nigeria is one of shameless compromise with no moral compass.
Ekweremadu is already making the moves.
in a million times,its beta I cast my vote for an aboki than voting for an afonja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by stonemasonn: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
francisbiz:
THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND!
SS/SE WILL WELCOME PAYBACK DEAL AGAINST SW. EXCEPT SW BACKS SE PRESIDENCY IN 2019 - PETER OBI IS A PERFECT OPTION, EKWEREMADU AN OPTION TOO. IF NOT, WE GO NORTH.
I will back an Igbo presidency in 2019 but Soludo, Ngige or Okorocha are better options.
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Cooly100: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool grin Making noise is not the same thing as making millions. Chestbeating is not wealth. The Nigerian region with the lowest poverty index remains the South-West. Documented fact not chestbeating claims grin cool

But you have no brain, to understand that most of them operate in Lagos? Will they be used for SE documentation...Ogbeni, I thought you said you have brain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Chiedu4Trump: 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
stonemasonn:
I will back an Igbo presidency in 2019 but Soludo, Ngige or Okorocha a better options.

We will choose who the igbo peron will be, certainly not Okoroacha.
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
Yellow map right
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Timbuktuo: 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
Cooly100:

The highlighted....

When OBJ and Olu Falae where the only Yorubas allowed to contest by the establishment, why do you think Yorubas should be gifted the presidency?

Too much consumption of Oshogbo weed is not good for your health...

With is good for the goose is also good for the gander!!!

Mister, you know nothing about history. Please shut up and learn.

OBJ contested under PDP who was put forward as compensation for the Yoruba for Abiola's stolen mandate. This is the party that igbos voted for. Meanwhile, AD(a Yoruba party), and APP(a middle belt/northern) fielded Olu Falae for the same reasons. Which was fair enough.
Something you igbos seem to forget is that while Yoruba voted for Olu Falae, you people voted for OBJ, yet there was not one word of betrayal from your Yoruba neighbours. In the SW, OBJ was seen as part of the old military establishment who denied Abiola his mandate, yet you igbos cast for him against Yoruba wishes. To the uneducated, juvenile mind that would be grounds for accusations of betrayal, but that would be foolishness. We maintain thatveveryne has a right to follow their convictions, a sentiment and your courtesy you underachieving cheatbeaters cannot emulate.

Yes, what is sauce for the goose is same for the gander. So, I tell you clearly, work out your own fûcking salvation with compromise and concession and respect and you just might get to the promised land.

Talking about weed, it's obvious just the mention of it renders your thinking faculty in a state of extreme distress and confusion.

2 Likes

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Kachidox(m): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

I have analysed how Igbos voted:

In 1999, they voted against Falae.

In 2003, they voted for Ojukwu - APGA. PDP rigged it all the same and made something out of it for OBJ.

That's it. If you like, go and die. grin
I like it buh i won't die. love you buh no HOMO.. 1st tym i'll have a decent arguement with a yoruba man

1 Like

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by borntosuccess(m): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
dis one na Korean season film, season 72
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by OAUTemitayo: 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

Yoruba remains the best ally of the Igbo's and the SS. Trust the north at your peril. Look at what the north dished back to us despite the support in making them president. Gej was just a clueless buffoon, if not we would have voted him to continue instead of the old hag called buhari. We need to unite in the south to defeat the nort . Only the SW can help you achieve Biafra referendum
Bro can you please stop this nonsense.
Why are you begging them to align with us?
Let them jump into their political wilderness as they are known for.
Stop this nonsense or I will come down heavy on you.
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Timbuktuo: 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
catal:
we'll see how things pan out.
Indeed, we will.
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by AkinPhysicist: 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
Cooly100:

But you have no brain, to understand that most of them operate in Lagos? Will they be used for SE documentation...Ogbeni, I thought you said you have brain?

cool grin grin grin grin grin So the reason why SW has the lowest poverty index in Nigeria is because of Ibos? Please don't kill me with laughter, I am actually having lunch in an open mall grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by fosch: 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
For me the North is just dreaming. No igbo man will vote for whoever from the North. Gone are those days. If they like make Sen Nnamani VP now,the ballot box will decide.Hillary Clinton case shall be their case. Also day serves West right. Always falling for same trick. Ndewo.

1 Like

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by stonemasonn: 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
Chiedu4Trump:

We will choose who the igbo peron will be, certainly not Okoroacha.
But everybody loves Okorocha na
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by AkinPhysicist: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
Cooly100:

You also masturbate to bleeding point, on Biafra exit... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

cool grin grin grin grin I will admit, sometimes I like to masturbate to Ipob stupidity - its just too tempting grin grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by SirShymexx: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Look, man, the nature of the demographic representation is such that the northerners have the aces, by virtue of sheer population alone. Factor in their penchant for religious groupthink and the advantage rises in their favour. So, SW basically negotiated from a position of weakness.

A better collaboration would be an all south coalition because of our ideological and socio-cultural differences with the north, but as you know, some people will play the victim till Jesus comes. Even on this thread, one Ipobians has said that igbos have had every office that Yoruba have had and as such Yoruba haven't done any better politically than igbos. Isn't that clear doublespeak from the tribe who's toothpaste is cries of marginalisation?

The igbos are the weak link in southern Nigeria. The southwest has shown that they are willing to be pragmatic and compromising as far it promises to benefit the common good. Can the SE say that? They are veey opportunistic and cannot delay gratification. The Jonathan that they clinched and pinned their hopes on, they had absolutely no input in his ascension to power. It was OBJ who elevated him, and that was ven a PDP arrangement. The PDP thatvwas regarded as a majorly old establishment/northern party. Don't forget in '99, SW votes went to Olu Falae.

It's a pity things are the way they are, but IMO, there's little that can be done when the south is at a war with itself. I would like Omoluabi to propose a what Tinubu coukd have done differently.

I understand the demographics/structure of Nigeria and naij politics. I know the country's structure favour the North. However, the North came into alliance with the SW from a position of weakness during the last election for three reasons:

1). They needed to win a region in the South to win the election - without acrimony. You can't win only the North and declare yourself the president. And there was no way he would've won any state in the other two Southern regions.

2). They needed a more robust party structure in the South and Tinubu's money/experience/influence cos they were going against a formidable candidate with enormous resources at his disposal.

3). It's difficult to win against an incumbent president.

Evidently, they needed Yorubas more than Yorubas needed them. And the party structure, faces to present a united Nigeria front, media campaign, and everything else were all Yoruba. So, what stopped Yoruba leaders/politicians from playing their cards right and getting a written agreement on how Yoruba interests would be protected, especially based on the history of these people? The battle was won but the real war started post-election - and Yorubas lost the war. And that's where the problem lies.

I saw it from early after the first two levels of appointments when it became an all North affair and total domination by North. And as a Yoruba guy, just like other Yorubas with higher minds are doing, why have Yorubas continued to be the most vocal voices and brazen foot soldiers of this failed government which is a Fulani government? Why are these few lost Yorubas dragging all Yorubas and Yoruba ancestors in the mud with them to protect an all North affair, that doesn't serve/protect Yoruba interests in any way/shape/form? Yoruba interests including: true federalism, special status for Lagos, and good governance. And this government isn't going to provide any of three. That's what I've a problem with and it is basically like someone committing crime with your name, when you aren't benefiting from the proceeds. That's unacceptable.

Anyway, the real war is about the soul of Nigeria and Igbos are just as inconsequential as they're a distraction. And why folks keep focusing on Igbos, while dragging everyone down with them is what I don't understand. Yes, banter here and there is good for comic relief from time to time. But when everything is about inconsequential Igbos - it becomes problematic. I guess that's why a lot of these folks are more contented with winning the battle and not the real war, which the Northerners won convincingly. And right now, they're more powerful than ever and they're in a position to dispose any of the Southern groups - in lieu of the other.

4 Likes

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Cooly100: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Mister, you know nothing about history. Please shut up and learn.

OBJ contested under PDP who was put forward as compensation for the Yoruba for Abiola's stolen mandate. This is the party that igbos voted for. Meanwhile, AD(a Yoruba party), and APP(a middle belt/northern) fielded Olu Falae for the same reasons. Which was fair enough.
Something you igbos seem to forget is that while Yoruba voted for Olu Falae, you people voted for OBJ, yet there was not one word of betrayal from your Yoruba neighbours. In the SW, OBJ was seen as part of the old military establishment who denied Abiola his mandate, yet you igbos cast for him against Yoruba wishes. To the uneducated, juvenile mind that would be grounds for accusations of betrayal, but that would be foolishness. We maintain thatveveryne has a right to follow their convictions, a sentiment and your courtesy you underachieving cheatbeaters cannot emulate

Yes, what is sauce for the goose is same for the gander. So, I tell you clearly, work out your own fûcking salvation with compromise and concession and respect and you just might get to the promised land.

Talking about weed, it's obvious just the mention of it renders your thinking faculty in a state of extreme distress and confusion.

Honestly, I didn't read your convoluted drivel...sorry... embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by OILSOUP: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
diadem10:

Let you senators and politician canvass such! Kapish!

Stop disturbing our ears with your nonsense noise!

THOSE WHO MAKE PEACEFUL REVOLUTION IMPOSSIBLE ONLY MAKE A VIOLENT REVOLUTION INEVITABLE.

LOOK VERY CLOSELY AT ERITREA AND SOUTH SUDAN. BIAFRA IS NO DIFFERENT.

THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN, SEE WAT TRUMP HAS TO SAY.

THE ROPE IS TIGHTENING AROUND UR NECK, BUT U DONT KNOW IT YET.

WHERE IS THAT ARTICLE BY EU THAT NAIRALAND REFUSED TO FP.

NOW ADD EU VOICE TO US TRUMP VOICE ON BIAFRA. HMMMMMMMMM......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Yungbitz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
Biafman:

Nonsense, there is nothing like Nigeria my fren. Is all about Biafra or nothing, but in the mean time as we wait for the emergenceof Biafra, the afonjas must have to be served backstabbing and treachery on a platter.
I would love to know how the South west backstabbed you
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Kachidox(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
Shewunoshewa:
patriotic9ja boy is the only 'Yoruba' boy begging for alliance with the SE/SS on NL.

We Yorubas disown him and his ideology altogether.

We have always known from time immemorial that the yeasterners are willing tools and slaves in the hands of the northerners which is why we prefer to engage the northerners head-on than try forming any alliance with their willing slaves.

And we have always benefitted more that way. At least we've had the presidency more than once.

Lagos, Africa's 5th largest economy, is on our hands.

What else?

mumu he who has d oyel has d bragging rights in nigeria..

1 Like

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by ishiamu(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
seunmsg:

Igbos already salivating over a purported alliance that is yet to materialise. grin grin grin

You hate the north, you hate Islam, you hate Buhari, you hate APC, you want to leave Nigeria blablabla. Yet, you all are salivating over a news that may turn out as untrue. If the so called alliance doesn't work out, you will all come here and cry again.

What happened to your unalloyed support for PDP? Really, Igbos are just a bunch of shameless noisemakers who falls for everything and stand for absolutely nothing. Now I know why nobody takes you guys serious. Just a hint of a possible alliance with the so much hated Buhari and you are all ready to dump everything you have stood for in the last two years just to lick Buhari's ass. Shame!

sometimes in other to win the game you have to sacrifice your queen stop foaming and watch how ya afonjaism will be treated
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Timbuktuo: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
Ngozi123:

I am one of the first people to criticise GEJ but that's besides the point; he was a poor candidate but his election presented a unique opportunity for the South, it was a chance for us to become a force to reckon with for the North. No more needing the North to become 'politically relevant', but a chance for us to unite as a region. So what if he was a "SS/SE" candidate? Those two region make up 2/3s of the South so what's the problem with that. It would have made sense if, after GEJ's tenure, an Igbo person was elected to be the Southern presidential candidate and then a Yoruba person after them.

Anyway, there's no point in crying over spilt milk, what's done is done. I don't believe in the unity of southern Nigeria anymore and would rather concentrate my efforts into achieving an independent Igbo Nation.

I am sorry, but like I told another poster earlier, we dont do final politics down southwest. If we think you do not or will not favour us you will not enjoy support. Jonathan did not enjoy support because he underperformed simple. We felt we should take our chance with someone else and we did. Surely, we have that right. Can you honestly say you would have voted Fashola over Jonathan had APC presented him, even though he's from the south and has proven himself worthy?

Unity is only possible as long as interests are mutually considered and pursued. Anybody who believes Yoruba betrayed igbos should be laughed to scorn, by thta loguc, igbos betrayed Yorubas when they voted OBJ instead of Olu Falae. Where is the Yoruba hue and cry that we were betrayed by our eastern neighbours? It never happened because we do not feel entitled to it. Nobody owes anybody anything, if you want me to do something for/with you, you must come with respect and also my own demands on the union. Otherwise, you can just fûck off and we both do things our different ways.

2 Likes

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Cooly100: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool grin grin grin grin grin So the reason why SW has the lowest poverty index in Nigeria is because of Ibos? Please don't kill me with laughter, I am actually having lunch in an open mall grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool

You think it is measured by cups of amala and ewedu... cheesy. You come across as an Illiterate...if you don't know it is measured used aggregation of several factors...For instance Lagos alone has a budget of about N400 billion, which is more than all the states in East...So what are you about? Do you mean there is more poverty in Enugu, than you have in Ibadan or Ekiti? You are a joke...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Yungbitz(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
MirabelArode:

#Shikena. I said it before. Since the yoruba have vowed that they can never be led by an Igbo president. They must be ready to be ruled by the core north forever because as it stands NO SE/SSner can ever vote a yoruba. They started the 'Igbo can never be president', they must be paid in full, IN THEIR COWRIES. Until yoruba begin to champion 'Igbo presidency' the way the SE/SS championed OBJ presidency. They are the ones who have a debt to pay. Ingrates.

North/SE/SS carry go jare.
Who is the Igbo Man that has contested for the Presidency in the last 8 years ?
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Timbuktuo: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
Cooly100:

Honestly, I didn't read your convoluted drivel...sorry... embarassed embarassed embarassed

You are incapable of understanding it and presenting a coherent, sensible rebuttal. So, it's hardly surprising. Or you thought I was going to be exchanging abusive words? grin. My boy, go outside and play monkey post abeg.
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Cooly100: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Timbuktuo:

You are incapable of understanding it and presenting a coherent, sensible rebuttal. So, it's hardly surprising. Or you thought I was going to be exchanging abusive words? grin. My boy, go outside and play monkey post abeg.

See your rebuttal...Go and take care of this barbarism first...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by lekzman: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Oh people of this country (Nigeria) ! Why are you guz aguing on this matta? What we need is solution? Believe, we voted GJE out because nobody want him. Somebody should answer this question ' is there no APC in SE or SS? Please and please. We need solution. We should come to our sence and look for what we need? Please!!! God bless Nigeria!
Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by Strech(m): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

When will you yeasterners realise that we dont need your support to actualise our ambition in Nigeria.

Abiola defeated a core northerner to win the presidential election...

Obasanjo defeated Buhari to win a second term...

In all those elections, the yeasterners didnt determine the victory of the Yoruba candidates.
so!! Na only yoruba people vote for baba obj abi?.I am from the north and my entire region voted for obj just because he was a christain.but since u people don dey divide the tin to regional stuffa, we go see how any yoruba go smell dat place. Sai baba til thy kingdom come.

1 Like

Re: North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West by TruthisGOD: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
seunmsg:

I am having a good laugh here at how Igbos are salivating and falling over each other on a purported alliance with Buhari and APC. And seriously, it's really amusing considering all the cries about Buhari hating the Ibos and killing Igbos like flies. Beside, Igbos are the ones known for crying over everything historically. They are the perpetual cry babies of Nigeria politics.
FYI, nobody including my IPOB friends want an alignment with the North. We're aware of their antics, divide and rule. Our goal towards our quest is resolute and unflinching!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) / Aisha Yesufu At Labour Party Presidential Rally In Nasarawa State (Pictures) / Femi Fani-kayode: Murder Of Alex Badeh – What An Insider Told Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.