Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

The World Is An ILLUSION, A Story By Temidayo Samuel (etisalat Flash Fiction) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The World Is An ILLUSION, A Story By Temidayo Samuel (etisalat Flash Fiction) (551 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World Is An ILLUSION, A Story By Temidayo Samuel (etisalat Flash Fiction) by Bethelwealthy(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
Topic: "ILLUSION"
Setting: PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
Genre: FICTION.
Two guards of Ayiri Psychiatric Hospital scampered toward the window where Bidemi nervously scaled down with a rope made of knotted bed-sheets.
“I am not mad! I told you people! Let me go home!” He yelled as he struggled from the grasps of the muscular watchmen.
The familiar noises of mad people rented the air as he was dragged into the Crisis-Stabilization Ward. A Nurse with Thorazine-loaded syringe pumped the numbness-inducing drug into his jugular, and away, he slumped into the realm of dreams.
As the young lad opened his eyes into the spirit world, a comma-shaped goblin beckoned to him:
“Come! Let me show you the hypocrisy of the world.”
The Genie yanked him into the air and suddenly, they found themselves on a mountain top, from where they could see many secret corners of Lagos.
“Look, see and write away!” the Genie commanded.
In awe, Bidemi saw a politician cutting off the head of a citizen for popularity charm, a teacher sexually molesting a 4-year old pupil in the school toilet, a human right activist trafficking young girls into prostitution, and a doctor deliberately killing his patients so as to trade human body-parts.
“Wait! Is that not the Priest who preaches righteousness having carnal knowledge of his parishioner’s wife?” bewildered Bidemi asked.
“But why are you showing me all these?” he probed further.
The Genie replied:
“You are young and naïve, but also the leader of tomorrow. Understand how the world works, and make informed choices.”
“In places of honourableness, depravities are found. The world is an illusion, decide what is worth dying for.” the Genie’s voice echoed as it disappeared into a billow of smoke.
Bidemi regained consciousness, and exclaimed;
“You wouldn’t belief what I just saw!”
“Who believes a madman?” the Nurses chorused.
. THE END
Kindly vote for this story for the ETISALAT FICTION AWARD. Just a click and a like.
Here's the link. http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=51

(1) (Reply)

New Book Alert-i Know Why Your Mother Cries (poetry) By Nairalander / Must Read / The Use Of In And At: How Do They Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.