Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Live Video Coming Soon — Instagram Ceo Confirms - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Live Video Coming Soon — Instagram Ceo Confirms (537 Views)

Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster / The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation / Etisalat Confirms Changing Name To 9Mobileng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live Video Coming Soon — Instagram Ceo Confirms by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-D4JkcjpGGi8/WChjttc9JCI/AAAAAAAAANA/B1JTrjhFEpEm7MOQq9g-eN8oCtb7HwUKgCK4B/s1600/new-instagram-icon22.jpg[/img]

Instagram has confirmed that it’s working on its own live streaming feature. After copying Snapchat Stories with its own Instagram Stories, joining the likes of Facebook Live, Twitter's Periscope and YouTube Live. According to a recent interview with the Financial Times, Kevin Systrom, CEO of Instagram said:
"Live is really exciting for us. I think it can enhance what we’re doing," Systrom told the Financial Times. "If I’m trying to strengthen relationships with someone I love, them streaming video to me live would be an amazing way to be closer to them."

Although, The FT's report didn't mention when live videos will be rolling out to Instagram. My guess is sooner than we can imagine.
Introducing live videos will further bolster Instagram as the place to create and share videos. With more than 100 million daily users viewing Instagram Stories since the feature was launched.

"If you’re the CEO of a company and all of a sudden 100m people are using a new format every single day, it’s not something you ignore. You push investment into it," Systrom told FT.

One thing that will be interesting to watch is how Instagram's live videos will affect Facebook Live. owing to the fact that Facebook owns Instagram. Will it be tied to it's parent company or stand out on it's own?
Let's keep our fingers crossed with excitement as we await the official launch.

http://xgravitysystems..com/

Re: Live Video Coming Soon — Instagram Ceo Confirms by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lalasticlala over to you
Re: Live Video Coming Soon — Instagram Ceo Confirms by Iamtony(m): 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
Re: Live Video Coming Soon — Instagram Ceo Confirms by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
Must they copy Snapchat ?

Instagram sef ..

(1) (Reply)

What Nice Phone Can 30K Buy? / Does Phone Light Rays Affect The Eyes? / Night Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.