Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,420 members, 7,843,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus (959 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by Godmother(f): 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
I have tried them all

Bit Defender
Kapersky
Avira
and a host of others that I cant even remember right now. I dont know what else to do
Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by mavenbox: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
Hi Godmother. What exactly is the problem? Is the antivirus refusing to install? If that is the case, then you probably have a virus like Sality, it prevents executables from running. The only antivirus that I have found, which can handle Sality, is Norton 2008 or Norton Internet Security 2008 UPWARDS. This is because unlike many other antiviruses, it does not unpack into the Application Data folder, which is a folder that Sality will be watching.

So I suggest you install Norton. If you do not have it, download a trial (I think it will give you 15-days) from Symantec website (Google it). Also download the most recent update of Norton antivirus using another computer, and burn the two to a CD. After installing from CD, run the update from CD as well. Then do a full system scan, that should take care of Sality or any of its friends and families.

When you are done, you can decide to either purchase a license for Norton and keep using it, or just uninstall Norton and use a GOOD antivirus afterwards, lest Sality come back in again.

Three AVs I can recommend are:
Norton
ESET Smart Security
Kaspersky (orginal, because cracked ones will give you more problems)

If you have any other questions or problems arise, reply this post and let me know.

Cheers
Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by mavenbox: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
I replied you, but I can't find my post. The Moderator must have deleted it.

@Moderator: Im very new here, so please I don't know very much. What did I do or say wrong?
Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by mavenbox: 12:48am On Nov 03, 2009
@OYB: I have noticed that you love deleting my posts, without any notice. I must say I am a very careful person, and I don't post stuff that contravene Nairaland rules. So why do you keep deleting my posts across all the threads? angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by Dclique(m): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2009
Try formating
Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by jojesjeff(m): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2009
l experienced the same problem sometime ago till l discovered internet security. all you need to do is just search it out through google and download.
Your computer must be running on genuine microsoft. l hope this may solve your problem.
Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by deji2009(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2009
Godmother (f)
Lagos

My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:21 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried them all

Bit Defender
Kapersky
Avira
  and a host of others that I cant even remember right now. I dont know what else to do

I'm guessing she have norton installed. having said that it might be there are one or more security software installed hence the problem

@Godmother I think you need to tell what actually happened.  oh yes that remember me I saw your reply to the message i sent you. nice to know you.

Take care, Deji Sunday
Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus by deji2009(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2009
mavenbox
Your wildest dreams

Re: My Laptop Is Rejecting All Antirus
« #1 on: November 02, 2009, 06:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Godmother. What exactly is the problem? Is the antivirus refusing to install? If that is the case, then you probably have a virus like Sality, it prevents executables from running. The only antivirus that I have found, which can handle Sality, is Norton 2008 or Norton Internet Security 2008 UPWARDS. This is because unlike many other antiviruses, it does not unpack into the Application Data folder, which is a folder that Sality will be watching.

So I suggest you install Norton. If you do not have it, download a trial (I think it will give you 15-days) from Symantec website (Google it). Also download the most recent update of Norton antivirus using another computer, and burn the two to a CD. After installing from CD, run the update from CD as well. Then do a full system scan, that should take care of Sality or any of its friends and families.

When you are done, you can decide to either purchase a license for Norton and keep using it, or just uninstall Norton and use a GOOD antivirus afterwards, lest Sality come back in again.

Three AVs I can recommend are:
Norton
ESET Smart Security
Kaspersky (orginal, because cracked ones will give you more problems)

If you have any other questions or problems arise, reply this post and let me know.

Cheers

With due respect bro. @Godmother based on my years of experience I wont suggest installing norton

It's has some known issues. Tecs at nairaland correct me if am wrong. Good luck however

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. / Hp G60 / Clone Computer For Video Editing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.