Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say (10653 Views)

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) / AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b / Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2016
ColourMeAmazing:
Abeg make I go withdraw all my money. Na so so sell them they sell this bank. First bank here I come.

I dey tell you. Unfortunately for me na the only bank account I get. I am going to port to GTB ASAP
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by CXLVII: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2016
Who else has a sole right to cquire it if not the 95%. Or does 5% count.

We talking people, and some ants re reckoning
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by ChessEnthusiast: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2016
I just hate this fvcking country.Black people, dark brain, black mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by 247Dior(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2016
alexistaiwo:
Jesus Christ. All my life savings are in my local Keystone branch. Gotta move my cash before this week runs out.
Please can anybody suggest which is the best among these banks in my area. GTB, Access bank, Ecobank or UBA bank?
GTB or DIAMOND BANK
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2016
POWERFUL NORTHERN GROUP (FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF DANGOTE)

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Godfullsam(m): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2016
Space booked
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by stefanweeks: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2016
rusher14:
What exactly is wrong with any Nigerian owning a bank in Nigeria?

bitch

i guess u did not see the place where they were not originally included in the bid

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Emassive(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2016
It's nothing wrong for a Northerner to own our Bank but I will fault the Price of the sale and also conclude on the northern Agenda taking effect. There seem to be a Grand Plan to sew the regions deeply to avoid Separation. They need to own more and more assets across regions in the process incapacitate all southern politicians

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Chukazu: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2016
that has always been the plan from day, when Sanusi started raising "a storm in tea cup"
most of those banks affected have all been handed over to northern interest in one form or another

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Seun360(m): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2016
rusher14:
What exactly is wrong with any Nigerian owning a bank in Nigeria?

Ask them o.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by ExLaidback: 11:31am On Nov 14, 2016
EazyMoh:
Why so much hatred for the north?
If Sigma Pensions ltd as alleged is the "northern interest" that wants to purchase the bank, then who would say Sigma Pensions has no financial know-how to take care of the bank?
Premium Times can do better than this. Who are the other bidders that bid higher than the quoted amount? Shouldn't they be the ones complaining?
Bank PHB was originally a northern bank by origin, and it's only natural for the initial owners to want to take over the bank.
Again why didn't the Amcon chairman sell the other two banks to the same "northern interest" before?
This blackmail won't work, and I think anybody that makes these types of accusations shall be punished if they turn out to be false.

I guess you conveniently missed the parts that stated that:-

1.) The Company DID NOT partake in the bidding process in the first place.
2.) The sum they are offering is far smaller than what other bidders WHO PARTICIPATED IN BIDDING are offering and it's also far from what AMCON initially paid for the Bank.

Sir, running a pension custodian (which is at best a glorified hedge fund) is not the same thing as running a Bank. Please.

Lastly Bank PHB wasn't a northern bank by origin. It was formed from a merger of Platinum Bank (a western or southern owned bank) and Habib Bank (a northern owned bank) - not that I see how this matters because Keystone is a long way from all of that.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by EazyMoh(m): 11:37am On Nov 14, 2016
ExLaidback:

I guess you conveniently missed the parts that stated that:-

1.) The Company DID NOT partake in the bidding process in the first place.
2.) The sum they are offering is far smaller than what other bidders WHO PARTICIPATED IN BIDDING are offering and it's also far from what AMCON initially paid for the Bank.

Sir, running a pension custodian (which is at best a glorified hedge fund) is not the same thing as running a Bank. Please.

I honestly doubt (1) could be true. At what point did the "cabal" decide to purchase the bank that they forgot to get involved in the bidding?
(2) Like I said who are those that made the higher bid? and why aren't they the ones complaining?

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by ExLaidback: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2016
EazyMoh:

I honestly doubt (1) could be true. At what point did the "cabal" decide to purchase the bank that they forgot to get involved in the bidding?
(2) Like I said who are those that made the higher bid? and why aren't they the ones complaining?

The companies who made a bid may not be aware of who the other participants are, only top AMCON insiders would know this and those in the know have used the avenue at their disposal to complain about it. If you doubt them the onus is on you to disprove. Also it's funny that you think such a thing is impossible in Nigeria.
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Hayzedious: 11:46am On Nov 14, 2016
alexistaiwo:
Jesus Christ. All my life savings are in my local Keystone branch. Gotta move my cash before this week runs out.
Please can anybody suggest which is the best among these banks in my area. GTB, Access bank, Ecobank or UBA bank?
We should guess your area abi

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by EazyMoh(m): 11:52am On Nov 14, 2016
ExLaidback:

The companies who made a bid may not be aware of who the other participants are, only top AMCON insiders would know this and those in the know have used the avenue at their disposal to complain about it. If you doubt them the onus is on you to disprove. Also it's funny that you think such a thing is impossible in Nigeria.
Lol! The onus is on the party with a claim to prove it's point, not me. Let's wait and see who finally purchases the bank and am sure it's not gonna be outside those that bid. But then they might claim it was their outcry that changed the outcome.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by emsquare(m): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
okay
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hayzedious:

We should guess your area abi

So you have to know my area before you can tell the best among the aforementioned banks abi?
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by jossy4joseph(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
sanpipita:
Let Northerners continue to dominate since Southerners always want to be stupid and behave like slaves.

You're right.
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by jahsharon: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
themosthigh:
The afonjas have sold out to these guys again....when will the afonjas learn? When would they leave this their slave mentality and focus on success of their fellow Nigerians, I can understand if their betrayal benefit them and the common Hausa man but it doesn't. They only like to be slaves to a few selected Fulani oligarchs not minding that they always lose.

This is the type of statements that made Awolowo and Obasanjo to use about 3 million stubborn goats like this poster for pepper soup between 1967 and 1970.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by ExLaidback: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
EazyMoh:

Lol! The onus is on the party with a claim to prove it's point, not me. Let's wait and see who finally purchases the bank and am sure it's not gonna be outside those that bid. But then they might claim it was their outcry that changed the outcome.

SMH. Naaa, there are arguments one is far above so I really shouldn't bother but I will - just on the off chance that you're truly unaware.

Sir. What other proof do you want? Leaked confidential documents on social media domain or what? parties to a process within an organisation have given the public a heads up on whats happening within their organisation and you outside are holding brief. On who's behalf? The most you should have to say is to join a call for an investigation. If 'au contraire' you call them liars, then disprove their claim. Simple.

'They might claim it was their outcry that changed the outcome?' Lol. Seriously, are you for real? So they are just making noise now for absolutely no reason in order to achieve what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by kedeojo(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
NaijaMutant:
I will be happy to see Southern Nigeria subservient to the North, if that will only drive some sense into the backstabbing southwest undecided
you are a lady, don't dwell into tribalism. If it mentioned a powerful eastern want to buy it, I know by now you people will be busy defending. I am a south-south and GEJ failed us very well that he couldn't develop our region but so surprise you Igbos always defending him when I did even do anything in your region. Just checkout the state of road in ur region and compare to other regions. South western in the south are d most sensible when it comes to politicking. Today no new projects carried out by FG that you don't see south western state benefiting. They have unity and common ideology unlike you people who are divided politically. You people are your own enemies.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by kedeojo(m): 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
NaijaMutant:
I will be happy to see Southern Nigeria subservient to the North, if that will only drive some sense into the backstabbing southwest undecided
you are a lady, don't dwell into tribalism. If it mentioned a powerful eastern want to buy it, I know by now you people will be busy defending. I am a south-south and GEJ failed us very well that he couldn't develop our region but so surprise you Igbos always defending him when he did nothing in your region. I was very ashamed of an igbo friend when he said they love GEJ because he gave Ojukwu of blessed memory of state burial. Just checkout the state of road in ur region and compare to other regions. South western in the south are d most sensible when it comes to politicking. Today no new projects carried out by FG that you don't see south western state benefiting. They have unity and common ideology unlike you people who are divided politically. You people are your own enemies.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Key note

Amcon is not selling keystone bank to a:
Powerful Eastern group
Nor a powerful western group

But to a powerful NORTHERN GROUP undecided

Congrats Afonjas for a job well done

If you are clue-less about something, keep shut! It mustn't be tribalism all the time.

Rumours in banking sector are that the reason Keystone's sale was delayed for so long is cos of the northern interest in the bank stemming back all the way to Habib Bank (one of the banks that merged to form PHB). Habib interest was controlled by the Yar'Adua family with technical assistance from Habib Bank in Pakistan. When PHB was nationalized, the pakistani parent tried to buy the bank from AMCON, but was blocked by CBN, and since then, Keystone has been hanging. Even this Ahmed Kuru was once an Executive Director in the old PHB, so this is not about Buhari or Afonjas, its stuf that has been in the offing for a while.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by deliveryboy: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
themosthigh:
[size=18pt]The afonjas have sold out to these guys again....when will the afonjas learn? When would they leave this their slave mentality and focus on success of their fellow Nigerians, I can understand if their betrayal benefit them and the common Hausa man but it doesn't. They only like to be slaves to a few selected Fulani oligarchs not minding that they always lose.[/size]

You are wrong my brother from, Keystone bank was formally BankPHB, which was form when Platinum bank (owned by Professor Pat Utomi an Afonja, and Managing director, Francis Atuche another Afonja/Igbo from delta state), mind you it wasn't a merger, it was Platinum bank that acquired Habib bank because Platinum bank had a larger stake, so I should have presumed Pat Utomi and Francis Atuche should have been in control of the bank, alas, today, our ipoo youths have come here in their usual grand display of ignorance to say Afonjas hav sold out to their fulani masters. As it is Pat Utomi and Francis Atuche are Afonjas!!!

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by stonemasonn: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
jahsharon:

This is the type of statements that made Awolowo and Obasanjo to use about 3 million stubborn goats like this poster for pepper soup between 1967 and 1970.
Bros I can't laugh ooo grin

1 Like

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by deliveryboy: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Evil Yigbos always claim someone somewhere had betrayed them, it's so easy to utter that word. in the 1966 Igbo coup, Igbo officers killed the prime minister Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, the premiere of the Northern region, Sir Ahmadu Bello and the premiere of the western region, Samuel Akintola the spared the then senate president, Nwafor Orizu, (he was conveniently detained) premiere of the eastern region and made sure they granted safe passage to Zik. They killed, brigadier Ademulegun (and his wife in the presence of their daughter), Brigadier Zakariya Maimalari, Colonel Kur Mohammed, Lt-Cols Abogo Largema and James Pam) . All these did not appear to Igbos as betrayal. Lt-Col Francis Fajuyi, sacrificed his life in an attempt to shield General Aguiyi Ironsi from his killers in the July 1966 counter coup by northerners, No Igbo ever acknowledged that fact as an act of loyalty. The civil war was already conceived and well planned by the Igbos, they has bought bottles to be used for their moltov cocktail bombs, all done secretly, only for Ojukwu to come and say he was fighting for Awolowo to become the head of states if he has succeeded in his selfish secession plan. The south south people pull back their support for Biafra during the war because Igbos had no plans for the south south, Army officers of Igbo extraction would not take orders from Ibibio or Effik officer simply because they were not Igbos, sometimes they openly disrespected south south officers. Igbos laughed and mocked the yorubas during the Abacha Tyrani not because they were doing so well, but because the south west was receiving the worst blows from Abacha. It is so easy for an Igbo person to talk about betrayal while ignoring the elephant in the room. Igbos have no history of support what so ever for anyone not even themselves, Their motto is all man for himself, they are loyal to the highest bidder, in fact they are the biggest disintegrating factor in the southern Nigeria, they act so erratic and haphazard, no one can predict them, when married to their women, they would be building a house in their country home without the knowledge of their spouse. They know nothing about the word they use most. They know nothing about BETRAYAL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by Damfostopper(m): 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
mehn am withdrawing all my cash tomorrow... nonsensse
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by angelroz: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Calm down, you don't have to take all your savings out. The bank isn't shutting down. it is just a transition and change of ownership. Business will still go on as usual.
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by angelroz: 7:33am On Nov 15, 2016
Damfostopper:
mehn am withdrawing all my cash tomorrow... nonsensse

you don't need to withdraw your cash, the bank is still operating. dont forget that people jobs are tied to your cash. withdrawing it would make one less happy account officer. At least, people are still working in the bank and need to get paid. so reconsider your actions.
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by angelroz: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

So you have to know my area before you can tell the best among the aforementioned banks abi?

LOL. But you said we should mention the best in your area. so how do we do that when we dont know the area you are from.
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by angelroz: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:

I dey tell you. Unfortunately for me na the only bank account I get. I am going to port to GTB ASAP

the bank is stiill carrying out operations jare and people still work there so calm down.
Re: AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say by angelroz: 7:41am On Nov 15, 2016
ColourMeAmazing:
Abeg make I go withdraw all my money. Na so so sell them they sell this bank. First bank here I come.

you dont have to port , keystone bank is still in full operation and isnt shutting down so why do u want to move your money. remember people still work in the bank. do not make an account officer sad. it isnt easy to get accounts, even more in this recession.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GOAT FARMING BUSINESS In Nigeria – All You Need To Know / Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson / Wrong Attitudes That Undermine Your Chances Of Success In Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.