Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

All Atheists, Fall In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Atheists, Fall In (6367 Views)

Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. / A Sincere Letter To All Atheists On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Atheists, Fall In by modusOperandi2: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2016
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
Friedrich Nietzsche

What are your thoughts on these famous quote of Nietzsche?

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by PastorAIO: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
modusOperandi2:

Friedrich Nietzsche

I think it says that Superman shall become the meaning of this world.

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
modusOperandi2:

Friedrich Nietzsche

Nietzsche's writing was done during an era when people were transitioning from superstition to science, and hence abandoning religious beliefs.

Religion was what gave people at that time meaning, and Nietzsche was just lamenting about how meaningless the world had become, in light of this transition away from the believe in God.

To summarise Neitzsche's idea, in the context of that statement; If God doesn't exist, then life has no objective meaning. If life has no objective meaning, should we create one for ourselves? In creating one for ourselves, are we then killing God and taking his place? Are we now Gods of our own selves? Do we have the intellectual strength to bear this enormous burden?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by modusOperandi2: 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Nietzsche's writing was done during an era when people were transitioning from superstition to science, and hence abandoning religious beliefs.

Religion was what gave people at that time meaning, and Nietzsche was just lamenting about how meaningless the world had become, in light of this transition away from the believe in God.

To summarise Neitzsche's idea, in the context of that statement; If God doesn't exist, then life has no objective meaning. If life has no objective meaning, should we create one for ourselves? In creating one for ourselves, are we then killing God and taking his place? Are we now Gods of our own selves? Do we have the intellectual strength to bear this enormous burden?
Seun, do you have the intellectual strength to dance on the grave of the God you daily make fun using your nairaland platform? Can you shoulder this enormous burden with your fellow atheists?

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by modusOperandi2: 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
PastorAIO:

I think it says that Superman shall become the meaning of this world.
Seun, are you in agreement?
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by PastorAIO: 12:16am On Nov 15, 2016
modusOperandi2:

Seun, are you in agreement?
modusOperandi2:

Seun, do you have the intellectual strength to dance on the grave of the God you daily make fun using your nairaland platform? Can you shoulder this enormous burden with your fellow atheists?

What's the obsession with Seun? If it's Seun you want to talk to why didn't you send him an email, rather than shouting on a public forum?

Please, which God exactly was it on whose Grave Seun was standing? What did the gravestone say?

2 Likes

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by modusOperandi2: 1:39am On Nov 15, 2016
PastorAIO:

What's the obsession with Seun? If it's Seun you want to talk to why didn't you send him an email, rather than shouting on a public forum?

Please, which God exactly was it on whose Grave Seun was standing? What did the gravestone say?

You people underestimate Seun's mission and commission. I pray the good Lord opens your spiritual eyes to see transactions going on this board sublimely executed by Seun.

I will expose more things in due course as the spirit leads.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Seun(m): 1:40am On Nov 15, 2016
I don't believe that God is dead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by JackBizzle: 2:00am On Nov 15, 2016
Seun:

For what is dead may never die but rises again harder and stronger.

May Seun, your servant be born again in the sea as you were.
Bless him with stone. Bless him with steel.
Listen to the waves. Listen to the god.
He is speaking to us and he says we shall have no king but Seun Osewa.
Let the sea wash your follies and your vanities away
Let the old Seun drown. Let his lungs fill with seawater.
Let the fish eat the scales off his eyes. What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
What is dead may never die.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by PastorAIO: 2:44am On Nov 15, 2016
modusOperandi2:

You people underestimate Seun's mission and commission. I pray the good Lord opens your spiritual eyes to see transactions going on this board sublimely executed by Seun.

Please do. But until then you're hovering very close to crank territory.
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by PastorAIO: 2:45am On Nov 15, 2016
JackBizzle:

For what is dead may never die but rises again harder and stronger.

May Seun, your servant be born again in the sea as you were.
Bless him with stone. Bless him with steel.
Listen to the waves. Listen to the god.
He is speaking to us and he says we shall have no king but Seun Osewa.
Let the sea wash your follies and your vanities away
Let the old Seun drown. Let his lungs fill with seawater.
Let the fish eat the scales off his eyes. What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
What is dead may never die.

Na Lie! Valar Morghulis!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Funjosh(m): 5:14am On Nov 15, 2016
Seun:

Ok lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by factorial1(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2016
I've discovered that no one is born an atheist, situations and life challenges changes their mentality. Hence, they tend to give flimsy and baseless assertions for their unbelief.
I believe that was Frederich Nietzsche's case.

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2016
factorial1:
I've discovered that no one is born an atheist, situations and life challenges changes their mentality. Hence, they tend to give flimsy and baseless assertions for their unbelief.
I believe that was Frederich Nietzsche's case.

Actually everyone is born an atheist. You don't come into this world knowing Christianity and Islam and whatever else like you don't know your own mothers name.

2 Likes

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by factorial1(m): 9:42am On Nov 15, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Actually everyone is born an atheist. You don't come into this world knowing Christianity and Islam and whatever else like you don't know your own mothers name.

Yes, I believe that.

Here's my point... After been given birth to and one begins to understand life... One can now choose either to be an atheist or a theist. Its not just normal to accept the fact that God doesn't exist based on logical and intuitive reasoning without any supreme being behind the existence. Situations and challenges (sickness, poverty, oppression and what have you) most of the times makes someone an atheist.

Maybe it should be better put this way.... Nobody is born an atheist or a theist. You choose your path based on personal conviction.

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Immorttal: 9:46am On Nov 15, 2016
modusOperandi2:

Spiritual eyes kwa shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Gift101(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2016
Seun:
It means you believe that God do exist wink

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2016
factorial1:

Yes, I believe that.

Here's my point... After been given birth to and one begins to understand life... One can now choose either to be an atheist or a theist. Its not just normal to accept the fact that God doesn't exist based on logical and intuitive reasoning without any supreme being behind the existence. Situations and challenges (sickness, poverty, oppression and what have you) most of the times makes someone an atheist.

Maybe it should be better put this way.... Nobody is born an atheist or a theist. You choose your path based on personal conviction.

No. If the definition of atheism is lack of belief in any gods or deities then everyone is born an atheist. Just like no one is born believing in santa.

"Its not just normal to accept the fact that God doesn't exist based on logical and intuitive reasoning without any supreme being behind the existence." Why exactly is it not normal? Why is belief in a God "normal".

"Situations and challenges (sickness, poverty, oppression and what have you) most of the times makes someone an atheist." Again this seems inaccurate. If anything sickness, poverty and oppression always seems to make people turn towards religion and Africa is a brilliant example of that.
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by JackBizzle: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2016
Gift101:

It means you believe that God do exist wink

Or that God never existed and thus, could never have died for death is only available when there is life.

cool

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
Valar Morghulis : All Gods men must die.

Actually, God is not dead. You cannot kill an idea; now can you
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by akintom(m): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
modusOperandi2:

Friedrich Nietzsche

Every man is born atheist. The burden of life responsibilities is a personal one.

You can choose to simply believe the dominant beliefs or build your life on personally verified knowledge, so you could understand life and be convinced of your choices and its consequences.

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by JackBizzle: 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
PastorAIO:

Na Lie! Valar Morghulis!!!

All men must die!!!

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by plaetton: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
modusOperandi2:

Lol @ "spirit" things.

Like I always say, the greatest thing about having invisible enemies is that YOU can always declare Victory over them whenever it suits you.
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
akintom:

Every man is born atheist.

We are all born atheists .

Atheists say there is no God , are babies saying there is no God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
modusOperandi2:

plaetton:

Like I always say, the greatest thing about having invisible enemies is that YOU can always declare Victory over them whenever it suits you.
grin

He is saying one thing , and you are saying another thing undecided

2 Likes

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by plaetton: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He is saying one thing , and you are saying another thing undecided
According to your comprehension skills.
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
plaetton:

According to your comprehension skills.

Assuming he was talking about the devil , then your comment would have been appropriate lipsrsealed

Maybe you see clearly now

^^^

A sane contribution : Declaring victory over the devil has to do with being free from afflictions ,spiritual attacks , immoral thoughts etc

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Fall In by plaetton: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Assuming he was talking about the devil , then your comment would have been appropriate lipsrsealed

Maybe you see clearly now

^^^

A sane contribution : Declaring victory over the devil has to do with being free from afflictions ,spiritual attacks , immoral thoughts etc
You don't get it, do you?

You are helping me to prove my point.

When you believe in invisible things, you have the liberty to make up any variety of bullshytes to associate with it, including declaring Victory unto thineself.
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
plaetton:

You don't get it, do you?

You are helping me to prove my point.

When you believe in invisible things, you have the liberty to make up any variety of bullshytes to associate with it, including declaring Victory unto thineself.

I clearly understood what you meant that's why I added an explanation - " a sane contribution " - of what you mean as declaring victories over invisible enemies .

To Christians , the devil , whom you call an invisible enemy , manifests in the lives of Christians as afflictions , sufferings , persecution , temptation , immoral thoughts. But when these throes of vicissitudes go away , the Christian declares victory .

So the Christian cannot declare victory over this "invisible enemy" whenever he suits him like you earlier said .

Its more like an ignorant joke tongue tongue
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by DeSepiero(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
plaetton:

Lol @ "spirit" things.

grin

lol
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by plaetton: 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I clearly understood what you meant that's why I added an explanation - " a sane contribution " - of what you mean as declaring victories over invisible enemies .

To Christians , the devil , whom you call an invisible enemy , manifests in the lives of Christians as afflictions , sufferings , persecution , temptation , immoral thoughts. But when these throes of vicissitudes go away , the Christian declares victory .

So the Christian cannot declare victory over this "invisible enemy" whenever he suits him like you earlier said .

Its more like an ignorant joke tongue tongue

Is the devil invisible?
Yes or no ?
Re: All Atheists, Fall In by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
plaetton:

Is the devil invisible?
Yes or no ?

Yes and No

Yes , because in diabolism one can communicate with the devil as a materialized entity or his cohorts , act like him , carry out orders . And no , as regards to our realm , the devil is a spirit being .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

According To Original Bible / Post Your Funny Santa Claus Pictures Here / Happy Father's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.