Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Sinister Affections Part 2 - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sinister Affections Part 2 (55137 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / From Nigeria With Love: Part 2 (A Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) / "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by BlissfulJeff(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
pls update us o
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by queenpheesah(f): 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Waoooooow. sooooo enjoying this story.Waiting for updates oo
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by Adfijem(f): 1:28am On Jun 08, 2017
u're indeed a gr8 writer,,so interesting but pls, moreeee!! in oliver twist voice
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by DemiKOL(f): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
This story is whao! I want more updates;(
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
Henry rolled from side to side on his bed. He was in pain. His stomach was hurting badly.

What would he tell Shindara? How would he tell her he inpregnated Trina? How would she take the news. He rolled his head from side to side in worry. Wait! He propped up himself in bed. Marcus! He had totally forgotten Marcus!

He reached for his phone on the stool by the bed and dialed Marcus'es number. It rang but the call wasn't picked. Henry tried Marcus'es line again and it wasn't picked. He dropped his phone and thought of what next to do? Danladi had Shindara and her twin now. How should he get them back with the little information he has?

He sat up in bed and stood upright. A call came into his phone from an unknown number. He picked the call but said nothing which was Henry's usual behaviour. He wouldn't say a word to an unknow caller not until the caller talked first.

For about ten seconds, no one spoke a word.

"I see you still have this behaviour of not talking first'' The unknown caller broke the silence.

Henry knew only Danladi could be as sarcastic as this.
"Danladi. What do you hope to gain from all these you're doing?'' Henry responded.

"Something you can't give me Bro. You're a naive man, Henry. You know the ropes of making money but you know nothing about the other aspects of life. You always wondered how i got girls and you didn't? Because you can never be as smart as I am. When you take five steps, I've taken twenty. '' Danladi replied with a chuckle.

"Fine. What do you want from Shindara's family?'' Henry asked angrily.

"Well... Wealth, affluence and sex from twins. My fetish'' Danladi said and he struck home on Henry's emotions.

Henry flared up in anger. "You had better not touch Those girls or so help me God, I'll kill you with my bare hands!!!'' Henry threathened angrily. He wanted to keep on threathening Danladi but he decided to hold his peace.

"Shut up! Shut up you f**l. I'm the only one here who can determine who'll die or not'' Danladi replied angrilly. "I'll be letting Shindara go tonight and I'll be leaving my instructions with her. You had better make sure she does all I asked of her"

Henry didn't reply. He looked into his screen dejectedly. How did Danladi become this cynical? When did he develop all these bad vibes. He and Danladi have been buddies from secondary school. Together they fought bullies and watched war movies together before finally gaining admission into the NDA.

Henry hung up and dialed Marcus'es number again. This time, Marcus picked up the call.

"Marcus. How are you?''

"Fine bro. You?''

"I'm okay thanks. Where are you bro?''

"At the state hospital bro. Recieving treatment''

"I was afraid you wouldn't make it. How dangerous was your injury?''

"It was a bullet wound. It missed my heart by an inch bro. I'd be history now if not for God''

"Share me your location now? I'm comimg over. We need to talk''

Henry hung up and changed into a white tee-shirt and black trouser. He moved out of his room to the living room.

He stopped in his track when he saw Trina seated comfortably on the sofa watching TV.

"Don't you realise that this is Shindara's house?'' Henry asked like he was begging her to go.

"I told her to apply common sense and leave not long ago. She's a stubborn mule'' Tony added and dashed out of the house.

" I only want your baby to be close to you'' Trina said giving Henry the innocent look.

"I'm going out. Please, don't be here when I come back'' Henry said and stormed out of the house.

Marcus was taking a short nap when Henry walked inside. Silently, he took his seat by the bed.

"Wake up Marcus'' Henry tapped Marcus.
"Since when have you been here?'' Marcus asked as he sat up. His whole chest was bandaged with a blood stain at his heart region.

"Oooh. Looks pretty bad'' Henry commented on the wound.

"Tarh. I'm not really feeling the pain. I'm on pain relievers''

"Okay. I've been contacted by the person who has Shindara and Darasimi already'' Henry said breathing hard as he said the words.

"They've got Shindara also?'' Marcus was shocked.

"Yes. Unfortunately. and the person behind it is someone I'd call my best friend.. It's confusing''

"Really? You must find it hard to trust anybody now'' Marcus said tapping Henry in a consoling manner.

"I don't even trust you now'' Henry said.

"Well. It's not like I ever trusted you too'' Marcus said ''so what did your friend say?''

"Say's he's going to release Shindara any time from now. And from there we'll know what to do''

"Okay, please carry me along in everything even in your military operations.'' Marcus said.

"You can't be in action yet. You need to heal up and there's no time to wait for you to do so.''

Henry had not finished saying the words when Marcus grabbed him by the collar angrilly.

"Don't try to stop me Henry! Those bastards have my life with them.''

Henry starred at Marcus'es bloodshot eyes. He wanted to flare up and caress Marcus cheeks with a slap for rougheniing his shirt. He pulled Marcus hand away furiously.

"Remember...they have Shindara too. Im only trying to keep everyone safe. Youre a civilian even. I'll be going against the rules if I let you do stuffs. Anything that happens to you will be on me. It's too much baggage'' Henry said straightening his collar.

He saw Marcus was growing angry again. He pulled his seat backwards from the bed to get far enough incase Marcus tried to touch his shirt again.

"What if I sign a document stating that being with you all through this is my choice?"" Marcus said

"Nevermind!'' Henry waved his idea off. ''We'll handle everyhing when the time comes''

Marcus rested into his bed better and got comfortable. He'd do anything to get Darasimi back home safely at any cost. He wondered how Henry was able to keep calm knowing that Shindara was in the hands of dangerous men who killed anyhow.

"The freak was even more concerned about his creased shirt" Marcus thought and eyed Henry with sheer disgust.

Henry starred at Marcus with contempt. Was he crazy for thinking this guy that studied criminology would be able to perform under heavy gunfire. A Degree doesn't mean experience.

"Who even told him to date Darasimi. He'll just be acting up like he's the first person to fall in love. Nonsense'' Henry thought. He drummed his fingers on his laps waiting for the next message or call.

A call came into Henry's phone. Both men made eye contact before Henry's brain notified him to check the caller. It was Shindara. Henry's heart almost came out of his mouth... Pity, his throat was too narrow to allow it.

Marcus watched hastily since he was kept in suspense not knowing who was calling and why Henry was staring like a frog about to croak.

"Well!! Pick the goddem call!!'' Marcus yelled from his bed.

Henry swipped accross his phone screen and plastered the phone on his ear.

"She's at Jolaco filling station near the outskirts of the city.'' A male voice boomed from the other side. It was all Henry needed to hear. He sprung to his feet and dashed out of room leaving Marcus in suspense!

Marcus cursed under his breath, picked his phone and dialed Henry's number.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
No no.!!!!!. He cant be dead. Nooooo. My husband cannot be dead!!!!!'' Aunty Teni grabbed the head of the medic team that arrived her house five minutes after the gunshots. She swung the lean man around like an empty can. The man who was trying his best to stay balanced was staggering helplessly. Even his mouth failed to speak. This woman was too stong. If he wasnt careful she'd swing him against the wall.

"Madam. Please, let go of my attire'' He pleaded. She scooped his shirt to the left and he staggered along with the swipe. Even onlookers and his medic teammates did nothing to help him. To his chargrin, Aunty Teni who was distraught swished him about like a lifeless kite and this time he was slammed on the wall.

"Madam!!! ABEGIIIIIII. Wetin na? Until you kill me join?" He yelled angrilly and broke loose from her hands. He immediately dissapeared from her sight outside the house.

"Somebody tell me my husband iw not dead'' Aunt Teni knelt in her living room sobbing.

"ma'am. He's not dead. He's in a coma and he shouod be out of it soon.. God willing'' A man from the medic team said patting her back gently.

"So you mean he won't die?'' She asked. Her eyes made it obvious that she was expecting a positive answer.

"I haven't said that yet ma''

She started wailing again. All her friends were not allowed into the house. No one was allowed to get past the tapes circled round the house except authorized personels.

When Her husband had released two bullets from his pistol. One bullet met its mark hitting the slimmer invader in the head while the second bullet missed the second man by a margin. Immediately, the second man had drawn out his gun and pressed his trigger twice at Aunt Teni's husband. Two bullets were closely embeded deep into his chest..

Soldiers marched into the living room gallantly. The leader looked at the dead invader lying immobile on the ground and took his glance away in disgust..

"Are you Mrs. Teni ma?'' The young soilder asked respectably.

Aunt Teni simply nodded a yes.

"Related to the late Mr. Oluwafemi?''

She nodded again.

"We are very sorry about the death of your husband. We were just ordered to bring you to a safe place where the army can protect you and your husband adequately in respect to how Mr. Oluwafemi helped supply materials to the army years ago''

"I'm not safe here too?''

"That what we sense. This place is very unprotected........'''

"What are you saying Shindara?? You want to just give him the money and let him go??...someone kills your parents for money and you wanna just pay them for it with cash!!!!!'' Henry roared. He was mad at Shindara.

"No'' Shindara sobbed ''Dont you see? Danladi has all these planned out. If we fight back, he'll do more damage. The money is nothing as long as he goes forever''

"I hate to say this but you're the biggest coward I know!!!! You have me to fight for you. I can stop that baboon from doing all these and all you want to do is just play safe. We'll be playing safe by trying to kill him''

"Henry please....'' Shindara sobbed harder. hearing Henry spit venom at her was hard.

"Fine then.... Tell me. How do you plan to get the ammount he's asking for in a two days or worse without raising suspicion?. Think Shindara!!!"" Henry screamed at her. He clenched his fists angrilly. He wanted to smash anything in the room. He growled like a dissatisfid lion as he paced around.

"Henry please. If you truly love me.... Lets do it my way ... Please.''

Henry looked at her dejected. He took a seat.

"Fine.'' He gave in.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
You want to withdraw this whole ammount of money immediately? This is insane'' The bank manager starred at the figures in the paper Shindara handed to him.

Shindara smilled weakly. "Yes. There's a project we're trying to start and payments need to be done now''

"But... Why can't you just transfer the funds into the recievers account?'' The elderly bank manager asked.

"No. I want to make sure its complete'' Shindara lied. She herself knew a toddler wouldnt believe that lie.

"Make sure its complete?'' The Old manager repeated and smilled knowingly ''Okay.. We'll arrange this money just because it's you. We'll call for an armoured van and police protection to convey the cash to wherever the money's going just so it can be safe''

Red flag! Shindara's eyes dialated ''No no. I'm a soldier sir. I can handle it'' She said looking away from the old mans deep stare.

Smilling like a wise wizard, the old man stood up and poured himself a cup of juice. His smilled turned into a small laugh.

"You know you're not so good at pretending my dear'' The Old man said holding his cup of juice above his shoulder.

"What do you mean sir??"" Shindara feigned ignorance. Again the Old man laughed

"Come on. You dont want the police on this, who pays this ridiculous ammount for a project'' he pointed to the paper on his desk ''Are you trying to buy a country? You also want this money immediately. Darling I've been the head of this bank for as long as your father and I were friends and that dates back to years before you were born. Now if I'm not mistaken, this is ransom money'' The Old man said taking a sip.

"Ransom??' Shindara bluffed his words with a fake laugh

"Your parents were assasinated. Your Aunts husband was murdered and they you show up without your twin to demand a ridiculous ammount.... Who's Holding Darasimi hostage?''

Shindara stared at the wizardly Old man. He read her like a book.

"Dude. I don't think the bank manager will let her get it'' Marcus said to Henry who was seated with him in the waiting lounge. They were watvhing the managers office.

"Chill. I trust Shindara on this one.'' Henry said.

The door flung open and out came a teary eyed Shindara followed by the Old manager. Henry and Marcus walked briskly to meet them.

Shindara introduced The three men to eachother. Marcus stretched his hand out and grasped the old mans hand in an energetic handshake.

Henry extended his hands out but the old manager just looked intently at Henry's cammouflage uniform with contempt and pocketed his hands leaving Henry's hand hanging.

Remembering the unpleasant ordeal he had with some soldiers at a road checkpoint days ago gave him shivers. The old manager had kept driving despite the fact that he was told to stop. The number of slaps his old wrinkled face recieved that day would shatter mountains. As every slap landed on his face from each soldier present, he felt his head rolling 360degrees. He tried pleading his cause that he didnt see the stop sign and it only made things worse.

"You dey drive when you no get eyes. Danjuma. This tortoise was cause accident!!'' A soldier said and tore the manager another thunderclap slap.

The Old manager hated Henry's face. Henry looked like the Soildier who made him do fifty frog jumps. Henry could feel the hate from the old man and shifted his hand into his pocket too.

"She tells me you guys are going to see to it that this your stupid transaction with the kidnappers is safe. I hope you boys know what you're doing. Shindara and Darasimi are like my children.''

Henry Opened his mouth to speak trying to reassure the manager of Shindara's safety when the manager signalled tho him to shut up. Henry swallowed bile.

"Come, lets all get to the vault'' the manager said and walked into the elevator nearby.
"Diid you tell this baba anything bad about me?'' Henry whispered to Shindara

"No. I don't know why he treated you like that but thank you for sucking it in.'' Shindara pressed his hand. Henry scoffed irritatedly and pulled his hand away from her hand.

Shindara looked up to see his face. He was having that stern hard look he used to have when he just arrived the military camp some time ago.

"Have I made you angry?'' She asked like a little girl

Henry ignored her question and stepped into the elevator.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2017

"Are you sure this is the road?" Henry asked as he parked his car by the less busy highway. He eyed the dirt path that channelled deep into the forest by the road. He knew Danladi would choose a place that was hard to access to hide out but he never imagined Danladi's hideout would this inaccessible.

He scoffed. How far did he say we'll have to drive into this rough path now?" He asked

"He said Almost a kilometre. He said we'll see a stop sign'' Shindara answered sheepishly. Her heart was racing hard. She hoped the exchange woould be successfull. She couldn't wait to see Darasimi. she hadn't evn spoken to Marcus about her. Marcus too didn't bother to ask her. He was seated in the car with them and since she had expressed her desire to just pay the ransom money in peace, both men had been unusually silent like they were both cooking something up.

"Henry?'' She called. Henry simply looked her way and faced forward as he drove deeper into the rough bumpy road.

"Thank you for agreeing to do this without conflict dear'' She touched his shoulder.

Henry grunted. Shrugged uncomfortably ''I'm here for a reason. I'm on a mission from the army. Even if the army didn't send me, I'd be here''

"If i knew this road was thi bad, I wouldn't have brought this Range alonge.'' He groaned as the car bumped into a pothole.

The rest of the ride was silent. They finally reached a stop sign and alighted. All three of them stepped out of the car and pulled out the money bags from the boot. Five bags in total.

They waited for some minutes before Danladi showed up. Four armed men showed up first then out came Danladi.

Henry tightened his fists and Danladi saw he and grinned.

"It is my priviledge to welcome you to my own sambisa forest'' Danladi smilled tapping three of them on the shoulder in a friendly manner. He paused when he got to Marcus.

"Woah.. You look so much like Clement!'' Danladi gasped ''That boys death keeps haunting me''

"Why?" Henry asked ''Why should his death haunt you? You had nothing to do with his death. Don't tell me you have conscience now''

"Oh no... It was just the look on his face that still haunts me. That betrayed look on his face when I killed him. He was too good a soldier and wanted to soil my plans''

"What??!!!! You killed Him? You kilked Clement!!!!! Bast*rd. You killed him and then ridiculed him world wide. Accusing him of treason'' Henry surged forward but Marcus was quick enough to hold him back.

Danladi sniggered at him '' Those rebel soldiers were all headed by me. That whole operation was planned'' Danladi scoffed.

"I lost good soldiers to your plans. To your selfishness. I lost a lot of men that day'' Henry said as he sobbed. He tried to move closer to Danladi but Marucus and Shindara held on to him.

"Shindara. If you know whats good for you. Make sure he doesn't come near me'' Danladi warned.

Henry took in a deep breath qnd calmed himself down. He picked all five bags and tossed it before Danladi. Here's your money, where's Darasimi?''

Danladi bent to the bags and opened each of them. Satisfied with the dollar notes he saw he snapped his fingers and a man came out of the bush with Darasimi.

Darasimi was let go. She ran into the hands of Shindara and Marcus. Their sobs were annoying Danladi.

Danladi stood up to meet Henry's viscious glare. They stared into eachothers soul for seconds till Danladi spoke up.

"So. We're done here.'' He said.

"Yes .. We are. Goodbye'' Henry said with a twitch on his right cheek. His eyes on the other hand said ''we'll meet soon''

"Get in the car guys. I can't stand these people here'' Henry stormed into the car. Marcus sat by him in the front seat while the girls took the back.

He brought the car to life , reversed without minding if any of Danladi's men was near. He pressed hard on the pedal and the car roared into the distance.

Everyone in the car could sense his anger. They knew he was swelling. His muscles were already breathing fire. No ne dared complain that he was driving roughly. In some minutes, he reached the highway and drove towards the city.

Henry parked hastily. "It's no more about just your family alone now. It's about my men and Clement too'' Henry said to Shindara who was looking perplexed.

Henry and Marcus alighted from the car before both ladies started questions. Ten Soldiers appeared from the bush to meet Henry.

"Drive them home.'' Henry ordered one soldier. If the General's wife is still there, evacute her from the building''

The soldier got into the car and drove off with Shindara and Dara.

Henry and Marcus got back into the bush with the remaining soldiers.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2017

Henry checked the location of the gps tracker he had slipped into a wad of money in one of the bags.

"Shlt! They're on the move already. They're trying to make it to Akure'' Henry said. He went into the Honda bulldog in the bush along with Marcus.

They were well armed. Both clothed in cammouflage with a Colt rifle slung accross their shoulders.

"I'll radio you guys on what to do one we identify their vehicles.'' Henry said to the nine men in the toyota thundra behind them.

They drove out into the road with full speed headingto Akure. Henry wove his way in between vehicles on the road so much so that Marcus feared for this life. The soldiers behind had trouble trying to keepup with his pace.

"Dont you think you're driving too fast?'' Marcus suggested as Henry overtook two 18 wheelers at once.

"This is why I didnt want a civilian on this case. You're already butting into work'' Henry complained. He pressed harder on the pedal soon as he saw the road ahead of him was free. The car roared and shot forward like a bullet. Marcus hoped and prayed they wouldnt crash.

Henry monitored the gps tracker and saw that he was close. He could see an Ice cream van up ahead. He studied the van. The gps indicated that the van was carrying the money. Henry looked ahead and found two power bike riders speeding along with the van.

"Jackpot!'' He grinned and stepped harder on the accelerator. As if sensing his presence, the van and th power bikers sped faster. That was all the proof Henry needed.

"The target is An ice cream van with two power bikers. Kill any one you suspect. Over'' Henry radioed.

He shot past ice cream van and past the power bikers and sped farther. When he was a safe distance away, he turned the car and parked between the highway to block civilians from getting close.

Henry and Marcus jumped out of the car and stayed behind it, guns ready to fire.

Henry could see the power bikers now.

"Take care of those bikers. I'll deal with the Van'' Marcus said and ained for the Vans tires.

Henry took two quick aims and gunned down both Bikers.

The bikes crashed and summersaulted violently on the asphalt as both lifeless bodies dropped to the ground. The van didn't try to evade the bodies and just ran over them like a wrecking ball. Henry watched the bikes as they tumbled closer. Parts of the bikes could be seen getting scattered on the road.

One of the bikes deviated into forest by the road while the other bike slammed into the car they used as a cover.

Marcus recovered from the shock and aimed at the driver of the van. He pressed the trigger and the fat bullet met its mark. The van swerved dangerously on the road. H

Henry and Macus ran into the bush as the van slammed into the honda bulldog.

Five angry looking men stepped out of the van with lethal weapons.

All five of them took cover by the wrecked van and sprayed bullets at Henry and Marcus who were exposed at the other side of the road. Marcus got hit in the tigh fell to the ground.

Henry rapidly lied face flat and dragged a groaning Marcus into the bush.

"I told you not to come. See?"" Henry jeered. He pulled out a bandage and tied it round Marcus'es wound.

"Argh! We need to change position. They know we're here'' Marcus groaned and tried to crawl away.

"half of them are soldiers. Danladi too is among them. He knows what we'll do next. We'll wait till my boys get here'' Henry said. He crawled behind a tree and Shot from there. He could barely see through bushes but he fired any way.

"Where are you guys? Over'' He barked into the radio. Bullets slammed into the tree close to him.

"We're already there Lieutenant, over'' Was the response.

Henry heard heavy fire power from accross the road. He knew they were there already.

He and Marcus now dared to come out, quietly though. The criminals were already distracted.

Marcus pressed down on his trigger. Danladi had seen him and had dodged behind one of his men using him as a body cover.

Danladi saw he was fighting on two fronts and balled. He took off into the dense forest leaving two of his remaining men to be killed.

Henry finished off the two men remaining with a bullet to their heads and stormed into the forest after Danladi.

Danladi was like a snake. He was sliding comfortably through the trees like he knew the forest. Occassionalky he fired at Henry then discarded his Rifle when he ran out of ammunition.. His legs taking him faster than a cheetah.

Henry struggled to keep up with hus pace. He had run out of ammunition too and had dropped his colt since it was slowing him down. He pulled out his pistol. He had just eight rounds. Without aiming much he fired at Danladi. One bullet found its mark in Danladis waist. Henry surged forward with more zeal now that danladi was desperately trying to keep running.

He caught up with Danladi, grabbed him by the head and slammed him on a mahogany tree.

"You cursed f"'l'' Henry cursed as he descended on Danladi. Each second that passed came with a pounding punch on Danladi's face. Henry hoisted Danladi up and slammed him hard on the ground.

Danladi stood up on one leg. "You've come to kill me? Let die together''
Danladi sent a very fast thunderclap punch into Henry's jaw. Henry staggered backwards. He wasn't expecting it. Danladi had come on him again this time with more force. Henry felt his skull shattering into pieces. Danladi picked a tree branch and slammed it hard accross Henry's head. Henry felt his blood all over his face. He raised his his head rapidlly and turned. He grabbed Danladi by the throat and sent an elbow into his jaw. Danladi's blood spilled on his face.

Henry stood up. Danladi was kneeling and holding his face. Henry sent a kneebutt into his face and he rolled aside groaning in pain.

"How would Zara feel if she discovers you're a demon?'' Henry asked and sent a straight punch into Danladi's face. He saw Danladi grinning. Why was he grinning?

Henry felt the nozzle of a gun pressed on his head from behind.

"Oga Henry. Just leave him or I'll shoot you'' The voice from behind said. Henry raised his Hands in the air and turned round.

"Rheno?!!!!!!" Henry Gasped. "What? What are you??..... Ugh!"" Henry groaned as Danladi drove a jacket knife into his back. He groaned again as Danladi stabbed him twice again in the tigh.

With a quick flick of his hand, Henry collected Rheno's pistol from him and planted two bullets between Rheno's eyes. He turned sharply, quick enough to dodge another stab from Danladi. He released two bullets into Danladi's legs. He needed him alive.

Danladi groaned as he fell. His legs were useless now. Henry was bleeding too much from the stab on his back and was going faint. He fell to his knees weakly. He pulled out his radio but he couldnt say a word.

"lieutenant? Where are you? Over. Lieutenant, radio us your position. Over!'' His radio blared. "Henry!!! Henry!!! Come on! Speak to me. Where are you? Over! .........." Macus was now on the radio.

Henry could feel his blood all over his face. He could feel his blood seeping down his legs from his back. His eye sight got blurry and he crashed beside Danladi's body. Immobile.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by Akinwale14(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
interesting i love this story

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by ehSKay(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
Powerful update. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by babtuna1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
although it took you too long before you get these pieces delivered.
but I'm impressed..
more bruh, i hope it won't take long?

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by tunjilomo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Omo see action

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by yungjezzy: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
Wow bro really nice nd kul,I've been a ghost reader since nd am really thrilled by your dis your composition
Pls bro ensure it ends on a Happily Ever After scene,its almost finished so pls bro don't drag it again...kudos to u

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by JoyceTed(f): 12:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Oops Didn't know I'd eventually join the queue Nice movie bro......dont keep us waiting plssssss Did I just say movie??

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Akinwale14:
interesting i love this story
thanks bro
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
ehSKay:
Powerful update. Nice one
Thanks bro
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
babtuna1:
although it took you too long before you get these pieces delivered.
but I'm impressed..
more bruh, i hope it won't take long?
not that I didn't wanna update... I had to wake up for three nights to type this. I have like a lot of other scripts to write, artworks to do and I barely sleep most times. So.. I'm very sorry. Thanks for reading brother
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
yungjezzy:
Wow bro really nice nd kul,I've been a ghost reader since nd am really thrilled by your dis your composition
Pls bro ensure it ends on a Happily Ever After scene,its almost finished so pls bro don't drag it again...kudos to u
Lol. Thank you.

Happy ever after isnn't really my thing but try to anticipate the end part
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
JoyceTed:
Oops
Didn't know I'd eventually join the queue
Nice movie bro......dont keep us waiting plssssss
Did I just say movie??
Lol. Movie ke?... Your imaginations must have been working real well as you read along.

I'll try my best to update soon enough. I'm trying to make the end part as sweet as possible

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by herosakin777(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
NevetsIbot nice work bro more grace to u
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
herosakin777:
NevetsIbot nice work bro more grace to u
Thanks bro
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by herosakin777(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
NevetsIbot:
Thanks bro
we want more oga NevetsIbot it's very important
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
herosakin777:
we want more oga NevetsIbot it's very important
Bro mi. No wahala. I dey try my best abeg
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by Akinwale14(m): 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
NevetsIbot:
thanks bro
Your welcome
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by excel101(m): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
Very good story, but please after this don't write another storyline. So you can focus on your tight schedules, rather than finishing a storyline for 1year.

1 Like

Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by Adfijem(f): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nice Write-Up, Keep It Up
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by JoyceTed(f): 1:01am On Jul 11, 2017
End this naaa Tired of waiting already
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by excel101(m): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
JoyceTed:
End this naaa
Tired of waiting already
He said that he's very busy.
1. He has an issue with his dad
2. He's preparing for his exams
Very funny excess. Initially it comes very fast, now a quarter of an episode a day. Mr Nevetsibot you bleeped up.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shindara waited for almost forever while the doctors operated on Henry. minutes ran into hours and she was exhausted. She looked at Darasimi and Marcus who were seated opposite her in the corridor. They were both snuggling on each other. The environment was tense with several army officials walking in and out of the hospital. The press men were restricted from getting into the Hospital so they waited outside impatiently to catch a glimpse of Any one related to Shindara.

Shindara jumped to her feet hastily as a bloodied nurse barged out of the Operation room. She surged forward and grabbed her hand.

"Nurse. How is he? Please tell me it's good news. please" Shindara pleaded almost going on her knees.

"The Doctor will be out to brief you about it now MA. please calm down" The nurse marched away hastily

"It's been seventeen long hours already" Shindara sat back on the chair and buried her head between her laps. She was too weak to look at the doctor who had just gotten out of the Theatre.

"Miss. we'd want you to go home and refresh yourself. we are trying to stabilize him" The doctor said calmly.

"for the past 17 hours?" Shindara asked.

"His skull was fractured and some of his internal organs were damaged. We're trying to save him. His chance of survival is 50 50."

"My God. so he won't make it? " Shindara sobbed. Dara was now by her crying as well.

"His chances are very slim" just then, the doctor heard a long been from inside the Theatre. Henry's heartbeat was gone. Two other doctors worked immediately on Henry and tried resuscitation him but Henry was gone. She watched the medical team try desperately for minutes to get Henry's heart working again but Her Hero just laid there Jerking violently as each surge of electricity from the machine surged I to his chest. Slowly, the doctors bent over in a defeated manner as they all removed their latex gloves slowly.

The long been echoed through Shindara's ears into her mind. She stood upright and stared into the distance. Her eyes closed shut and as soon as her eyelids few open, she collapsed.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shindara sat silently In the room with other soldiers. She was wearing A black shade on her uniform. She watched as five men in prisoners uniforms were directed to five seats made of iron. A particular one of the prisoners was limping.

Someone sat by her. She looked at the person and smilled proudly.

"Do you think he will die this time around? " The Man asked in a broad baritone voice.

" He has to. Else I'm going to shoot a bullet between his eyes. I lost many people because of him" Shindara replied. She took off her shades slowly. Her deep brown eyes looked intently at the tall limping prisoner.

"I feel pity for him though. What a waste" The man said. He too was staring at the Limping prisoner

"No iota of pity here. Not even for those police men who kept aiding him" Shindara shot back. She looked behind her to see Darasimi and Marcus seated two rows behind her. The room was almost filled and the execution would be starting soon. The man by her stood to his feet and walked towards a police officer and gave him some Instructions and walked back to his seat by Shindara.

The Catholic priest walked gently into the room and took his seat near the prisoners. He made the cross sign and placed his Bible on the table opposite him.

A voice boomed from the speakers "Ladies and gentlemen. We are here to witness the execution of............."

"This is it" The man by Shindara said. Shindara swallowed bile and watched as the soldier on the podium spoke gallantly.

The priest walked like an angel slowly to the first prisoner, Danladi who was the limping prisoner

"Repeat this prayers after me" The priest demanded like a father.

Danladi watched the priest with the look of scorn on his face. "Get lost" He ordered the priest.

"young man. Your soul needs to be saved" The priest who was expecting this reaction replied gently again.

"The only saving I need now is for you to get out of my sight" Danladi spat into the Priests face.

A soldier behind Danladi slammed his baton on him. The priest made the cross sign before Danladi and went to the remaining prisoners who were more than happy to ask God for forgiveness since they were afraid of death.

A few minutes later, the prayers were Don and each prisoner was seated and fasted unto each metal chair. Iron Helmets with curled wires connected to it was placed on their heads. Some of the prisoners could be heard sobbing and pleading.

Danladi stared through the crowd straight at Shindara. He gazed into her soul from where he was. He ignored the man by her and smilled sinisterly. His smile turned into a crooked grin that shot fear into Shindara. Shindara grasped the hand of the man by her tighter.

The executioner pulled the lever down and fresh waves of electricity channeled through the wires and metal chairs into the bodies of each prisoner. Four out of five of them shook violently as they creamed in pain. Danladi sat still, smiling intently at Shindara. "I hope you liked my sinister Affections while it lasted" He said audibly. His voice was shaking. His eyes were turning red but he wasn't making a fuss about the pain I his body. His light skin changed colour slowly into light brown but he still had that smile on his face.

There was silence. All five men were still. The room was silent. All eyes was on that particular prisoner who remained smelling at a particular lady soldier in the room. They could sense the dark energy from the smiling dead man. Slowly, everyone walked out of the room scared to the core.

Shindara, the man beside her, Marcus and Dara stayed by and kept looking.

"Henry. " Shindara quaked as tears flowed down her face " Why does it seem like he won even now that he's dead"

Henry shrugged. "No. This is our victory not his"

"I should be happy it's all over and I'm down in tears"

"It happens. I'm just happy this nightmare is all over" Henry pulled her close and held her in a warm embrace.
Re: Sinister Affections Part 2 by NevetsIbot(m): 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
The sky was bright with the sun hanging brightly at a corner of the sky.. The breeze was . Birds brandished their freedom by perching leisurely on the sandy ground to pick off insects from the ground. The silent waters bellowed in the distance and sometimes swept a small wave to the shore. This was a perfect day.

Henry arranged the champagne bottles in the picnic basket. He really didn't need to arrange anything. Everything he had done was beautiful. If not for his nervousness,he would have been strutting about like a proud Stallion boasting the grandeur of his little arrangement here. He watched a little ant parade round the picnic box and flicked his middle finger at it.

"no room for slip ups" He said out loud and rubbed his palms on eachother. He grinned.

'Wait!!! Did I forget the cupcakes??" He sprung to his feet without bothering to check the picnic box. He was half running to his car. He had gotten halfway when he remembered he had packed it into the picnic box.

"Arrrgh.Henry! Get it together! How hard can it be?" He kicked the sand and walked back to the sand.

He got back to meet Tony laughing his head off by his little picnic arrangement

"What's so funny?" Henry asked, standing legs akimbo

"Nothing. but." Tony laughed again "I'm sorry but is all these necessary? A picnic?"

Henry wanted to stone Tony with his car keys. "You suggested it yesterday" Henry replied.

"And then I listed a whole lot of better plans"Tony opened the picnic box and took out a cupcake.

"You mean better hard plans?" Henry sat "If you touch those cupcakes."

Henry heard a car arrive the beach. He saw it was Shindara's car. She had arrived.

"Oya Oya... Tony... scram!! Don't come back here till I'm done. you can go play with the sharks. " Henry shooed Tony away.

"Errrrrr. Romeo! " Tony jeered back and dissapeared into th3 car park.

"Hey baby. Good afternoon" Shindara greeted as she walked closer to Henry.

Henry watched her come. He couldn't move his tongue anymore. She was stunning. She was putting on a short white gown with red roses decorated on it. She also had a lage straw hat on her head. Her natural hair fell by her face. Henry could only push his hands out to welcome her.

She fell into this hands and he held her in the waist gently.

"You look Beautiful" He complimented

"I know... I woke up this way" She tried forming.

"Woke up which way?" Henry laughed.

They joked and ate for close to thirty minutes and soon they were kissing and handling with each other. Tony who has been watching from the car park scoffed in disgust.

"one strong wave from the sea should just come and wash them." He thought.

"come, let's take a walk" Henry suggested to Shindara. he helped her to her feet and they were soon walking hand in hand as the waves of the sea swept through their legs.

"It's been two years now" Henry said breaking the silence.

"Two years..... errr.. what is two years" Shindara asked puzzled.

"We met two years ago at the camp. Today makes it exactly two years" Henry said as he squeezed her hand softly.

"Oh. two years already? I'm sorry. I'm not good at keeping records "

"I figured that out. no harm done. I'm just curious about one thing" Henry said and stopped walking. he faced her.

"about what?"

"If the DNA test had said Trina' pregnancy was from me. would you have left me? "

Shindara smiled "I don't think so. I can't give you up to another lady. I can't "

Henry grinned. He kissed her forehead "And I would never leave you for another girl. I love you"

"I love you more baby" Shindara chuckled "But Henry.. are you okay? your heart is beating fast" She had placed her hand on his chest and felt his rapid heart beat.

"I don't know what's wrong with me" Henry dropped to his knee and grabbed his chest region tightly He was groaning in pain.

"Henry! what's wrong with you? " Shindara knelt by him and watched Him go faint.
"Turn round please. my car is parked by the palm tree behind us. my keys are in my pocket. my drugs are in the glove Compartment in a blue packet. bring the packet. . please hurry" Henry gasped.

Shindara took his keys and bolted straight for the car, she got the blue packet and sprinted back to Henry who was still groaning.

"Open it. and give me two tablets" Henry said faintly.

Shindara tore it open and was face to face with a Diamond ring. She gasped and stored at Henry who was now smiling adorably at her. She was seated on the ground staring unbelievably at the ring then at Henry then at the ring.

Holding her shaking hands, sitting on the sand too with her, Henry Stroked her face slowly

" Since we started talking back at the camp, I always used to wonder why you joined the army. you seemed to beautiful to want the tough life of being a soldier. I admired you but My ego wouldn't let me admit it. The past two years with you have been the most heart warming years of my life. I dream of a life time well spent with you everyday. I gave up on love only to have it find me. I couldn't ask God for a better girl. He has given me Courageous queen, A splendid mother for my children, A Companion for life and a best friend." Henry took a deep breath "Shindara, Will you marry me? "

Shindara grinned like a 4 year old and squealed a loud yes. Henry slipped the ring on her finger and hoisted her up into the air.

"It took you forever to propose. but you finally did......... I'm short of words" She kissed him. for a few minutes they kissed. They were both too engrossed in their kiss to notice Tony was now by them holding a camera

"Ugh!!! Please. energizer bunnies. I've seen enough for today" He grunted

"Go away jor" Henry shooed him away.

"I'm here to just tell you four things" Tony said.

"And they are?" Shindara asked smiling and adoring little Tony

"You're minding this naughty boy " Henry protested.

Tony eyed Henry "1. No butt holding in your wedding pictures!!

2. You must not post it on nairaland or else!

3. I really love you both

4. Every one is almost here to celebrate so all these kissing and yeye touching should pause abeg. "Tony said. Henry and Shindara laughed " And oh! number 5...... The end"

*************** Thank you for reading Sinister Affections. I hope you all enjoyed it *****************,

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Online Publishing/Blogging Course And Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.