Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo (52253 Views)

Why You Must Get The Book OGBANJE By Dr Caséy Amaefule / The Carrot, The Egg, And The Coffee / Cups Of Coffee With Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Shakyroh320(f): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
The chemistry is coming out gradually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MZmitchelle: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
Ride on. M with you. Nice one
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Obagoal4u(m): 12:09am On Nov 25, 2016
thanks for d write up, BT u will need to do justice to the uploading for people not to get tired with d story
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 2:42am On Nov 25, 2016
In less than an hour, the mechanic finishes fixing Ekanem's car and returns her car keys.

She thanks Toks for all his help and leaves the shop. Ekanem drives to work and continues to ignore Philip whose calls were becoming annoyingly regular.

When she finishes giving her lectures, she drives home and relaxes in the living room after a hot shower.

As she scrolls through her phone ,she gets a text alert from Toks on her phone.

"I hope the car is still functioning optimally", the text read .

She smiles to herself and replies "Yes, thank you. I hope work is going well? "

"You're most welcome, Ekanem. Work is great. Have a good night", he replies.

Ekanem wondered in her heart why a coffee sales man /coffee maker would be bothered about her or her car.

As she pondered on the appropriateness of the text,Chichi walks in with her child hood friend Chioma.

"Who am I seeing with my eyes?" Ekanem screams in excitement .

"It's me girl!" ,Chioma replies as walks hurriedly towards her .They hug each other sit down on the sofa.

"Ekanem, have I become invisible?" Chichi asks.

"Chichi don't be angry, welcome dear. Where did you meet Chioma?" .

"She came to my office from the airport. I guess she wanted to surprise us" she says with a smile .

"Chioma how is life in Newyork? .I hope your parents ,siblings and of course your fiance are fine? ", Ekanem says to her.

"Everyone is doing great dear.I came to see my parents and Kamsy's parents want to meet my parents officially" she replies .

"Wow that's awesome, atleast one of us is getting married soon.I am so happy for you "Ekanem replies.

"Yes oh !" Chichi replies in excitement.

"How is Philip? When are you guys inviting us for the wedding" Chioma asks with a mischievous smile.

"Hmmm , not anytime soon dear, we have broken up .Please let's focus on you for now! .Forget about my boring love life", she says to Chioma .

They continue to catch up on old times till they drift off to sleep.

The rest of the week was very busy for Ekanem because of exams which were around the corner and her project work.

It is a beautiful Saturday morning. As Ekanem cleans her room,she hears her phone ring.

"Hi Eky", Richie says to her .

"Hey dear, how are you doing? "She replies.

"I am doing great. I hope you will be at home this afternoon?" , he says to her.

"Are you bringing goodies for me ?"she replies with excitement .

"It's been a long time since I visited you at your house ",he says to her.

"You know that you're always welcome. I will cook something nice for you. I will tell Chichi that you are coming" she replies.

They discuss for a while and eventually end the phone conversation. Ekanem quickly finishes tidying up her room. She informs Chichi about Richie's intended visit and goes into the kitchen to prepare something for everyone to eat for lunch.

At exactly 3pm, Richard arrives at Ekanem's house. He is welcomed by Ekanem who offers him a seat and some drinks afterwards.

"It's good to see you dear", Richard says to her.

"Same here .I thought you would come around 1 pm , my friends have been waiting to see you" ,she replies.

"Who else apart from Chichi are you living with currently?", he says to her with curiosity in his eyes.

"Chichi's friend , Chioma who lives in the US is spending some days with us before going to see her parents who live at Awka" ,she replies.

"Okay, that's nice ",he says to her.

They discuss as they watch the television for some minutes before Ekanem serves him a hot plate of Edikaikong soup and semolina.

As he eats the delicious meal, she hears the door bell ring.

"Why is Chichi ringing the bell, did she forget to take her keys along with her?"she says to Richard as she walks towards the door.

"She unlocks the door and opens it. What are you doing here , Philip ?" She says to him with a frown on her face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Shakyroh320(f): 4:30am On Nov 25, 2016
This phillip is sometin else,he is not ready to let her go and not ready to tolerate her behavior,he can't eat his cake and have it,dr ogo,tell phillip to leave eky be now.Good update dear,tankx

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Olabantu(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
Why are some people bad news like dis mumu got called Philip... Abeg pretend dat Richard is ur bf jare make d guy go die

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by DTOBS(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
Wow... Well done aunty ogodlovely.

This Phillip guy better swerve enter BRT lane ooo... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
"Hi Ekanem", Philip says to her with a smile.

"You have not answered my question Philip", she replies.

"Won't you allow me come inside first before interrogating me" ,he says to her.

"Well you are not invited" she replies with a frown on her face.

As they argued, Chichi returns from the salon with her friend Chioma. They Ekanem a surprise look when they see him at the front door.

Philip forcefully enters the house as Chichi and her friend go inside.

Philip sits on one of the sofas. He watches in silence as Richard washes his hands after eating his meal.

"Thanks for the delicious meal" Richard says to Ekanem.

"You are welcome dear", she replies.

"Can I see you privately ?"Philip says to Ekanem with a straight face.

Inorder not to embarass him in front of her friends, she obliges him and takes him to her room to discuss.

"Ekanem so it is because of that guy in the parlour that you have been acting funny? "he says to Ekanem.

"If there is anyone who has issues, it's you Philip. It is over between us.I am not kidding", she replies.

"It's not over until I say it is. Can't you see that I love you deeply " he says to her with a mischievous smile.

"You must really think I am desperate. I don't need your kind of love. It's too toxic", she replies.

"Really! Okay let's see how it goes", he yells.

"I believe we are done talking, please see yourself out. Thank you! ",she replies .

Philip storms out of the room. He leaves the house without saying a word to anyone.

Ekanem goes to the living room and sits beside Richard.

" I hope you are okay?" Richard asks with a soft voice.

"It's nothing. I will be fine", she replies.

They all watch television for a while until Richard announces his intention to go home.

"I will see you off to your car" Ekanem says to him.

As they approach his car ,he takes takes hold of one of her hands and turns to face her.

"Eky !you know that you can talk to me about anything",he says to her.

" I know Richie! and I am thankful that I have you as a friend",she replies with a smile .

"What are you still doing with that guy? It breaks my heart when you complain about the way he treats you" ,he says to her with a soft voice while looking into her eyes.

"Don't worry about me, it's over between Philip and I "she replies .

He says goodnight to her after giving her a warm embrace.

Ekanem lies down on her bed after taking a bath.

She remembers the words of Richie to her that evening.

"I have never seen him act this emotional towards me" ,she says to herself. For some strange reason, her thoughts go to the coffee seller. She quickly redirects her thoughts back to reality and sleeps off.

https://claireslovenest.

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
mhmm...Eky its well wit u oooooo.....Wat is rong wit diz Philip of a guy ma self?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lol. Abi oh. Let's see how it goes. Thanks guys. How u dey Harunablezin
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Obagoal4u(m): 12:19am On Nov 26, 2016
getting interesting... 9c 1 bae

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by DTOBS(m): 8:17am On Nov 26, 2016
Let me just smile...
Richie or Toks, who will ekanem go for?

#TeamToks all the way.

Well-done aunty ogodlovely1

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Roeteemie(m): 9:43am On Nov 26, 2016
DTOBS!!!I knew it.I knw u will b hr.

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2016
Lol! Thanks guys
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Nmaglit: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
Nice story dear kip it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by DTOBS(m): 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
Roeteemie:
DTOBS!!!I knew it.I knw u will b hr.
cheesy wink wink
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Hardybattee45: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Wow I love this part I hope this love thing will not affect ekanem.....ogodlovely1 still following ooooo wink

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by hfinest1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
following... I'm in love with the story already

cc: eniqurl Hurklan liljboy jboixx pinkycute Ritababe yinks89 call the others...

Ogodlovely1 got me glues here already

2 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
I dey kampe! my sis d author and writer..... gud job....more update plssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
The following week is as hectic as Ekanem anticipates. She looks foward to her annual leave which starts in a couple of weeks.

Chioma travels to Awka to visit her parents as well as prepare for her traditional engagement ceremony which is to take place that weekend.

Ekanem squeezes out time from her busy schedule to visit her favourite café. She requests for a cup of café latte with two chocolate chip cookies.

Ekanem takes her seat. She observes that Toks is not available but she is happy to see Peter who serves her the coffee.

She takes her time to drink it ,not just because it tastes so nice but because she hopes that delaying her exit from the shop would make her bump into Toks.

After having her snacks, she picks her personal belongings and goes home.She is glad to be alone at home .Chichi hadn't returned from work. She relaxes on the sofa and puts on her favourite show.

After about 5 minutes, She begins to wonder in her heart why Toks didn't show up at work.

"I hope he is well? " she says to herself.

"Maybe I should check on him, after all he helped me in the past", she rationalises.

After battling with her will for some minutes, She eventually gives in.

Ekanem dials his number and just as it begins to ring ,she quickly cuts the line.

"What am I doing? "She says to herself.

In less than a minute, her phone starts to ring.

She picks it hurriedly and says" hello Toks ".

"Hi Ekanem !.How are you doing?" ,he replies.

" I am fine,I was at your shop today ", she says to him.

"Oh ! Really. I wish I were there to see you. Who attended to you?, he asks with a soft voice .

"Peter attended to me,thanks"she replies.

There was silence for about 15 seconds.

"I will be back tomorrow", he says to her.

"Okay , see you later", she replies .

Ekanem keeps her phone on the sofa and goes into her room to freshen up.

A week after Chioma's engagement ceremony ,she returns to Lagos to prepare for her trip back to Newyork.

Chioma visits Chichi and Ekanem at their apartment.

"Babe congrats oh!.You are almost married. I hope everything went well?" , Chichi says to Chioma.

"Yes dear, thank you" ,Chioma replies .

"Have you guys fixed a date for the wedding? " , Ekanem asks with a smile .

"No definite date yet but we are looking at 6 months from now",Chioma replies.

"That's cool, Gives you and hubby to be enough time to plan", Ekanem replies.

"Speaking of weddings, Eky I need you to accompany me to an event" Chioma says to Ekanem with a mischievous smile.

"Why are you inviting only me ",Ekanem replies.

"Babe relax! .There's this really cool guy I want you to meet "she says to Ekanem

2 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 7:36am On Nov 27, 2016
hfinest1:
following... I'm in love with the story already

cc: eniqurl Hurklan liljboy jboixx pinkycute Ritababe yinks89 call the others...

Ogodlovely1 got me glues here already
here bro..... long time

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Eniqurl(f): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2016
Hfinest1 thanks fr d mention!

Nice story..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by DTOBS(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
Aunty Oya come and update us nahhhhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by hfinest1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
liljboy:
here bro..... long time
yea... where d hell have u been? haven't seen u anywhere around... oh... I know where you've been... you've been busy shagging chinanza, chinonso, chiemeriem, chizoba and all the chi's I can think of... kontinu shaa...

*sips cold chivita* this chivita tastes funny o... oh shit! this boy put rephnol and codeine inside... I'm toast!! b
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
hfinest1:
yea... where d hell have u been? haven't seen u anywhere around... oh... I know where you've been... you've been busy shagging chinanza, chinonso, chiemeriem, chizoba and all the chi's I can think of... kontinu shaa...

*sips cold chivita* this chivita tastes funny o... oh shit! this boy put rephnol and codeine inside... I'm toast!! b
mehn... I've been nursing my wounded heart, eniqurl no try sha, but it's all good. I still miss her tho
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
"Chioma thanks but I don't want another Philip situation,you can take Chichi along with you", Ekanem replies.

"Chichi has a guy already", Chioma replies .

"Hmmmm but she isn't married yet ", Ekanem replies with a mischievous smile.

They all laugh and Chichi replies "Don't worry very soon , you will get a wedding invite".

The ladies chat for a while and Ekanem retires to her room. She goes through her phone and sees a missed call from Richard . She calls him back and they talk for long time before calling it a night.

Ekanem is glad when she finally starts her annual leave. She goes to the spa that beautiful Monday morning .She took advantage of the beauty treatments services which were offered as well as the professional body massage.

"This is just what I need .Something relaxing to make me forget all my worries" she says to herself .

She decides to go to one of her favourite places in Lagos .Ryan's coffee shop would be the icing on the cake , she says to herself as she drives .

Ekanem arrives at the coffee shop and goes right in to locate her favourite seat .

She gets a call from her dad and while she is talking to him, she looks around the shop to see if she would see her regular coffee makers.

As she looks towards the counter, she sees Toks as he comes out from one of the back doors. He sees her and smiles. Ekanem smiles back as she continues talking to her dad.

Toks continues to sustain the eye contact between him and Ekanem as he stands at the work area.

After some minutes, a waiter brings a bowl of roast chicken salad to her table with a note. She takes the note from the waiter and quickly ends her call.

The reads the note; "Don't say no a second time.It's on the house".

She looks up to see Toks staring at her from a distance. She smiles in a shy manner and perforates the cling film covering the salad.

She pours the salad dressing on it after uncovering the bowl. Ekanem takes a bite of the chicken with some vegetables dipped in the dressing.

"Hmmmm, this salad is hitting a spot in my brain", she says to herself.

She wishes in her heart that she was eating the salad at home so that she could do justice to it.

As she takes the last serving,Toks walks up to her.

"I hope you liked it", he says to her.

"Like is an understatement, I loved it", she replies with a smile .

"I am glad "he says to her .

As he walks back to the counter to work on other client’s orders,Ekanem gets a call from Richard.

“Hi Eky! How are you enjoying your leave? ” , he says to her.

“I am chilling at Ryan’s coffee shop at the moment” ,she replies.

“ Okay! I am coming over” he says to her and ends the call before she is able to reply.

Richard arrives not long after. He places an order before sitting down so as not to waste Ekanem's time.

He sits opposite Ekanem and they both discuss work and other non specific topics.

When Richard's order is ready, Toks decides to serve him.He carries his cup of cocoa drink and club sandwiches on a tray and walks towards the table pointed at by the waiter.

As he approaches the table, he sees Ekanem engrossed in a conversation with Richard.

2 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by hfinest1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
liljboy:
mehn... I've been nursing my wounded heart, eniqurl no try sha, but it's all good. I still miss her tho
don't tell me she broke ur heart againundecided
I've told u before... love doesn't pay anyone... stop loving up and start fucking up... simple!!! that way, ur heart is sure to be safe and there's no risk of heartbreak... guy, wise up o
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Toks continues to sustain the eye contact between him and Ekanem as he clears up the work area.
actually, I quoted to say there's something going on between the two, some sort of chemistry
Ogodlovely1:
Thanks liljboy. It's been edited grin
not like there's a mistake with the sentence.

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
hfinest1:
don't tell me she broke ur heart againundecided
I've told u before... love doesn't pay anyone... stop loving up and start fucking up... simple!!! that way, ur heart is sure to be safe and there's no risk of heartbreak... guy, wise up o
ohhhhhh you take am serious... lol.
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Thanks liljboy. It's been edited grin
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MZmitchelle: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ooooh....pls continue

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hmmmm, I hope Toks doesn't get jealous when Richard shows up after 'maintaining eye contact with Ekanem'

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Finding Love / Bound For Life / Lessons From The World's Ugliest Woman- Lizzie Velasquez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.