Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo (52215 Views)

Why You Must Get The Book OGBANJE By Dr Caséy Amaefule / The Carrot, The Egg, And The Coffee / Cups Of Coffee With Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Sangarara: 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by ibullem(m): 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
Awww... the dreaded brother zone!!!
...but the heart wants what it wants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
That's true my brother @ ibullem
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by princessadeola(f): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
He wants to love u, not to be a brother

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by rachealfst(f): 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
I love this story, it's cool. You are doing a great job here Ma'am. God bless you
#I Rep Toks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by tomchuks(m): 8:14am On Dec 20, 2016
Nice story [color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by mujybee(f): 8:44am On Dec 20, 2016
ahbeg mention me wen d tori finish

tired of slow readin
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2016
"That is going to be difficult considering the fact that I am in love with you. Good bye Ekanem", he says to her and walks away.

Ekanem goes back into her car and drives off. She decides to make a quick stop at the coffee shop.

She walks up to Peter with a smile on her face.

"Hi Peter, I am glad that you are the person working here today" , she says to him.

"Good evening madam!" , he replies.

"Please is Mr Tochukwu available at the moment? ", she asks.

"No ma, he has been out of town for a while. Is there a problem? ", he replies.

" I need to discuss something important with him.I don't mind travelling to meet him because I can't reach his phone lines ", she says to him.

"Madam I don't have the address of his current location and even if I did, it would be wrong to divulge such a sensitive information . He calls this office once a day though", he replies.

"Oh really! has he called today? , she asks.

"Yes ma ! He called an hour ago", he replies.

"Does he have a specific time of calling?" , she asks.

"No ma ! , He can call by 10pm or 7am , anytime he feels like ma",he replies.

"Peter can you copy the number he uses to call you guys? .When next I come, I'll pick it up from you if you don't mind " , she says to him with a smile.

" Ah, madam I don't mind doing that for you but the problem is that he calls with an unknown number. It's like he doesn't want any one to call him", he replies Ekanem.

"Okay thanks for your help " she says to him.

Ekanem leaves the café feeling so disappointed. She drives home and goes straight into her room.

"How am I going to find Toks?", she says to herself. "No responsible employee would ever dream of revealing the address of their boss without permission", she wonders in her heart .

She attempts calling Toks's line but it's switched off. Ekanem goes to bed after resolving in her heart to trace Toks whereabout , no matter how long it takes.

Ekanem wakes up the next morning .She makes a very brief stop at school and goes to the café afterwards.

Peter sees her as she comes into the café and smiles.

Ekanem sits on the chair and signals Peter to meet her.

"Has he called today? "She asks excitedly .

"You just missed his call ma ! " ,he says to her.

"Did you tell him that I need to see him? ",she replies with a look of disappointment in her eyes.

"Ehmm! Madam I told him that a lady stopped by to see him but when he asked who it was, I didn't know what to say .what is your name ma? ",he says to her.

"How could I have forgotten to introduce myself name properly. My name is Dr Ekanem Akpan. Please tell him to call me whenever he calls. I will come again tomorrow", she replies.

"Okay ma", he says to her.

Ekanem goes home, she contemplates talking to her mum about the situation but she changes her mind .She figures that it's better discussed face to face.

"Chioma may not want to help me by contacting Toks's personal assistant since I am not making all this effort for Kola. What's the guarantee that he would tell me where Toks or his parents live? "She says to herself.

Ekanem tries her best to distract herself by watching her favourite TV series.

Chichi comes home and finds her lying down on the sofa.

"Babe go inside and sleep, I hope you are okay? " ,she says to Ekanem.

"I will be fine once I am able to find him", Ekanem replies.

"Find who ?" ,Chichi says to her.

" I cant reach Toks and I don't have his house or village address ", Ekanem replies.

"This is serious.Have you asked his workers? ", she says to Ekanem.

"No luck from that angle", Ekanem replies.

"I don't know if this is a silly idea but I think you should just ask his workers for the name of his home town or better still check the Internet. Since his dad is a king, tracing his palace won't be difficult", she says to Ekanem.

"Chichi you are so smart , I will do that immediately", she replies excitedly .

Ekanem finds an article about a traditional ruler from Nanka who bares the same surname as Tochukwu.

She hurriedly shows it to Chichi." I have to go to Anambra state tomorrow. Have you heard of a town called Nanka before? " ,she says to Chichi.

" I have been to Ekwulobia before and I believe that it's close to Nanka", she says to Ekanem.

" I hope you won't get lost? " , Chichi says to her .

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2016
nawaooooo.....which kan tin b diz 1 na? Eky
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Sangarara: 11:36am On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks very much dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
"I am so confused Chichi. I don't know if it's really worth it. I have never allowed myself to be this vulnerable in the past ", Ekanem says to her.

"Follow your heart dear and try to get some sleep",Chichi replies .

Ekanem goes back to her room .She says to herself "life isn't meant to be this complicated Ekanem ".

She takes a cold shower and slips under her duvet.

It's a beautiful morning. The cold harmattan breeze makes Ekanem enjoy her sleep so much that she almost forgets about Toks.

She overcomes the inertia of getting out of bed and goes to the kitchen to take a glass of water.

As she walks towards her room to plan her day, the door bell rings.

Ekanem goes to see who is at the door.

She opens the door to see a box of donuts and a cup of coffee as seen on the label.

Ekanem doesn't see anyone around except for the snacks which was left on her front porch.

She takes the snacks inside. When she opens the box of donuts, she sees a small note which reads;

"It hurts not having you around me,I miss you everyday.Love Toks ".

Ekanem feels so sad after reading the message .She takes a quick bath and wears a casual long gown.

Just as she contemplates her next line of action, the door bell rings again.

Ekanem walks hurriedly to the door .

She sees Peter through the glass peep hole. Ekanem quickly opens the door and says "what are you doing here?".

"My boss asked me to give you this parcel " ,he says to her.

She says thank you to Peter and enters the house.

When she opens the parcel, she sees a note which reads "Please have dinner with me by 6pm.I will be in Lagos by 4pm today.Kindly wait for me at your house, if you can ".

She has mixed feelings about seeing him again because even though she wants to be with him,she is a bit worried about what the future holds for her if they end up together.

Ekanem relaxes in her living room .She is somewhat glad that she doesn't have to travel all the way to Anambra .

She watches the television as she enjoys the donuts and chocolate drink Toks sent to her earlier.

Ekanem goes to the market afterwards to do some Christmas shopping.

She buys some foodstuffs needed to cook a variety of meals on that day for her friends.

It's about 5pm. Ekanem freshens up and begins to prepare for her dinner with Toks.

She puts on a long black fitted gown and packs her hair neatly to the back. Her make up compliments her silver accessories.

At exactly 6pm, the door bell rings .Ekanem goes to the door to check whether Toks has arrived.

When she opens the door ,Toks smiles at her and says" you are so beautiful ".

"Thank you", Ekanem replies.

"Shall we go ?",he says to her with a smile.

They both get into his car .He puts on the cd player. Ekanem looks at him and gives a nod of approval at his choice of music.

There is silence in the car except for the music playing till they get to their destination. Ekanem knows that they have so much to talk about but decides to enjoy the moment.

Ekanem watches him with the corner of her eyes as he parks in front of a house with a waterfront.

She then moves her gaze away from him to the place he brought her to.

She admires the beautiful house which also has a lovely garden.

"Where are we?" She asks with a soft voice.

5 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by princessadeola(f): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
Lovely, enjoying it. more.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
fenks Doc for making d update snappy..,...pls kip it up!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Nwiboko26(f): 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
Thanking you

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by teel123(f): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
Enjoying the story seriously. But dis S. U. S. P. E. N. C. E

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by ibullem(m): 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Eky hold him this time, dont let your insecurities fears, push him away again please

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by gal10(f): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
Pls more more ooo. Hian don't leave us hanging undecided angry

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 2:26am On Dec 21, 2016
"This is my house dear", he says to her with a smile.

"What a lovely house you've got !" ,she replies as she looks at the house with admiration.

They both get down from the car. As they walk towards the front door, Ekanem looks at the beautiful outdoor Christmas decorations. The garden as well as the exterior aspect of the house are lit with white light. The pillars and the front the house are adorned with beautiful Christmas garlands.

As Ekanem approaches Toks's front door, she notices the pre-lit ornament wreath hanging on the door .

She smiles to herself as she wonders in her heart how much time and effort Toks put into transforming his house into a fairy-tale Christmas castle.

He ushers her into his house. They both sit down on the brown sofa located in the living room.

"I am so glad that you are here .I have longed for a time like this.Welcome to my humble abode" , he says to her as he looks into Ekanem's beautiful eyes.

" I am equally happy to see you again and please this house is far from being humble", she replies.

"Thank you dear ", he says to her.

Ekanem smiles at him and says "how is your dad's health? ".

"Surprisingly, with prayers and this new diet regimen that everyone is talking about recently, dad has improved greatly. He will be going to Germany to see his oncologist in January .We are hoping for the best Eky! ",he says to her with a soft voice.

"You have to keep being positive. His life is in God's hands" ,she replies and places one hand in his to comfort him.

"It has been a very difficult period for my family .My mum is almost a shadow of herself. It's not easy watching the love of your life suffer from such a deadly disease " , he says to her with sadness in his eyes.

As she attempts replying him,a man walks into the living room to announce that dinner is served.

"Please join me at the dining table", he says to Ekanem .

"Okay", she replies as she follows him to the dining area.

They seat across each other at the dining table .The light from the beautiful crystal chandelier not only provided the necessary illumination but created a welcoming ambience.

" I asked my chef to prepare local dishes for us.I hope you don't mind", he says to her .

"I don't mind at all", she replies .

Goat meat pepper soup, local rice with ofada sauce and Ekpang nkukwo are available.

Ekanem smiles when she hears the last food option .They both settle for Ekpang nkukwo after taking a bowl of pepper soup.

They both enjoy their meal thoroughly and decide to have a slice of red velvet cake .

"Thanks for the meal, your chef certainly deserves an award", Ekanem says to him with a smile.

They return to the living room .Ekanem sits beside him while Toks turns slightly to face her .

He looks into her eyes and smiles.

"Why are you smiling?" , Ekanem asks jokingly .

"You make me happy Ekanem that's why ",he replies.

"Hmmm", Ekanem says to him.

"Why did you come to the coffee shop to look for me Ekanem? ", he asks while staring into her beautiful brown eyes.

5 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 2:38am On Dec 21, 2016
million dollar question

4 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by stardomberry: 7:05am On Dec 21, 2016
Ekanem pls marry our prince ooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by tomchuks(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Solidkay(m): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Ogodlovely, indeed u r a lovely ogo. more grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by teel123(f): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2016
Toks i just cant get u out of my mindam love u to d moon n. back. That Eky's answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
Lol. Thanks guys .will update later today

2 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Sangarara: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
Do not update today wait we internalize adequately these recent updates
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
mhmmmm!I no fit kan talk
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MZmitchelle: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
Aaawwwwwh. Eky abeg no fall my hand
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Erudite202: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
finally, I was able to catch up with you guys. following you bumper 2bumper Toks humble pretence reminds me of what Van Vickers did in WHEN THE KING DECIDES

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Qasaforlife(f): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hmmmmm Eky baby pls dis is d time to tell him truely how u feel and accept him without any but oooo. No fall my hand dis time. Thanks dear. Me likey
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Dinabella: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sangarara:
Do not update today wait we internalize adequately these recent updates

Why are you like this?
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by damsel14(f): 12:17am On Dec 22, 2016
Following.. I hope ekanem ends up with toks
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ita33(m): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2016
[color=#550000][/color] winkInteresting!!! smileyInteresting!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Finding Love / Bound For Life / THE BACHELORS.(Sex was only the beginning)-18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.