Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of (5638 Views)

30 Fascinating Details About The Titanic That You Probably Never Knew / U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" / Countries You Have Never Heard Of But Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by DLuciano: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
no more war!
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Thukzee01(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
Informative
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Titheman(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
remiproxy:
14. During the war, captured German generals sent to Britain as POWs lived in luxury in Trent Park with garden parties and other entertainment. It was done to relax them in captivity. What they didn’t know was that the place was completely bugged with 100 “secret listeners” listening to the conversations as they spilled their secrets, including V2 rocket sites.
see sense...the Germans always thought they were smarter then others

1 Like

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by lloydsteph(m): 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
remiproxy:
23. There was an actual group of Jewish assassins called “The Avengers” who tracked down and executed Nazi war criminals after the war.

Instead of sending cash presents.. Hehehe

Quite Educative Bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by lyricalpontiff(m): 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
Goodinfo
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
24- Hitler was actually a stubborn guy who actually was fighting for the right cause. But considered bad because of his anti-Semitism conduct.

25- On Dday invasion at normady, If the general incharge had not gone home to celebrate his wife's birthday, Chances are the allies wouldn't have won the war.

26- The Extermination story was hoax and gas chambers have not been shown till today. What they keep showing is just the concentration camp (Austwicht) and Zyklon B at the time was somewhat like rat poison not for human.

27- Stalin was more evil and killed more people.

28- Contrary to the popular believe, US first sunk Japan submarine at port harbour before that Japan attacked.

29- WW11 shaped the current World we living in.

30 - Russia can never be defeated. Napoleon tried, he retreated, Hitler tried, he retreated that's why Nato had to be formed ganging up against Russia.

5 Likes

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by deanoffaculty: 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
God bless you @ OP..... I love this!
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by dmorf: 6:01am On Nov 16, 2016
We no even hear of Nigeria sef.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by general111(m): 6:24am On Nov 16, 2016
aaronson:
24- Hitler was actually a stubborn guy who actually was fighting for the right cause. But considered bad because of his anti-Semitism conduct.

25- On Dday invasion at normady, If the general incharge had not gone home to celebrate his wife's birthday, Chances are the allies wouldn't have won the war.

26- The Extermination story was hoax and gas chambers have not been shown till today. What they keep showing is just the concentration camp (Austwicht) and Zyklon B at the time was somewhat like rat poison not for human.

28- Contrary to the popular believe, US first sunk Japan submarine at port harbour before that Japan attacked.

30 - Russia can never be defeated. Napoleon tried, he retreated, Hitler tried, he retreated that's why Nato had to be formed ganging up against Russia.
any link as to where you got this info? I need to read about the war
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by general111(m): 6:27am On Nov 16, 2016
dmorf:
We no even hear of Nigeria sef.
lol.Nigeria never sabi eat Eba finish na to go fight world war.even if another war start,Nigeria will definitely not join.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 16, 2016
educative piece...oga snake..whadyu say??
I read part of the war on a KEN FOLETT'S book then..it was interesting trust me
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by pxjosh(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2016
Where was Africa during the war?
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 16, 2016
general111:
any link as to where you got this info? I need to read about the war
There is no particular link for you to read about it, it took me two years reading from differences sources for me to fully understand all Wars since the beginning of time.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2016
general111:
lol.Nigeria never sabi eat Eba finish na to go fight world war.even if another war start,Nigeria will definitely not join.

Nigeria fed allied soldiers with groundnut (pyramid of ground nuts in kano) and was thanked vehemently by the allies....moreover many nigeria troops were sent to the war of the pacific most especially BURMA! .
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2016
pxjosh:
Where was Africa during the war?

Battles were fought in Africa! Eg Montgomery and Desert Fox ( Erwin Rommel) battles were fought in northern africa, and africa troops were used by the allies, even Erwin Rommel's Army was named the 'AFRIKA KORPS'.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2016
aaronson:

GUYS PLEASE IGNORE THIS POSTER ... MOST OF WHAT HE SAID HERE ARE WRONG

24. Hitler didn't have a good cause. The core of his Nazi agenda was that Germans with nordic ethnicities are the purest form of humans. That's a lie. There is no purity marker to separate races and the closest form of such would point the purest race to melanesians

25. The so called german general was one person who couldn't have changed the outcome. There were 6 german generals against generals from 13 different countries with over 150,000 foreign soldiers in a way that lasted months. So the bs this poster said here isn't true

26. A gas chamber is just a room without windows where poisonous gases are introduced using heavy duty trucks exhaust fumes. Detailed information on the gas chambers is provided by the Vrba-Wetzler report "Auschwitz Protocols", and the testimony of numerous staffs who worked there including Rudolf Höss, Commandant of the Auschwitz concentration camp. Many chambers are still available to be seen today

27. More people died from WW2 than were killed by Stalin

28. Japanese attack on the US gunboat Panay in Chinese waters in late 1937. Japan later apologized. There is no history of US being belligerent before pearl harbour. US only placed oil embargo on Japan which angered them to bomb pearl harbour

29. Everything shaped the world we live in including colonialism. African nationalities was shaped by colonialism. WW2 affected how we live today but you cannot ascribe everything to it

30. Russians were defeated by several german armies in WW2. Most wars on the eastern front were fought in Soviet regions with high civilian casualties. Over 10 million soldiers and 17 million civilians as against 3 milkion germans.

I took my time to rebuff your silly lies because I am sure a lot of people will read the rubbish you posted and accept it as gospel truth. Do avoid posting rubbish next time, it hurts your credibility

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2016
aaronson:

My brother Hitler Committed the Holocaust, to me personally I felt that was what he came to this world for. Go to YAD VASHEM and see proofs. Don't forget killing of Jews stared in 1938 Nov 9th! Themed Kristallnatch(crystal night) Hitler and Stalin were both evil no doubt, but the unnecessary evil had to be taken out.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by general111(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2016
Henrodah:

Nigeria fed allied soldiers with groundnut (pyramid of ground nuts in kano) and was thanked vehemently by the allies....moreover many nigeria troops were sent to the war of the pacific most especially BURMA! .
oooooopss...I didn't know ohhh...
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 9:26am On Nov 16, 2016
general111:
oooooopss...I didn't know ohhh...

No problemo general!
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2016
remiproxy:
6. A bear fought in the Polish Army in WWII hand was officially enlisted as a soldier, then a Private and then became a Corporal.He carried ammunition, knows to salute, loved beer and smoked cigarettes.
this one is strange oh. cheesy
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2016
olihilistic:
this one is strange oh. cheesy
abi grin
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2016
Op please educate people if you can, with the stories of TOKYO ROSE, VASILLY ZAITSEV, OTTO SKOZENY, TUSKEGEE AIRMEN, OSCAR SCHLINDER, COUNT GUSTAV VON ROSEN(helped Biafrans too) , ANATOLI GRANOVSKY (I was an NKVD agent). Some where protagonist some were antagonist...History shouldn't be told by just the victors I feel.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 16, 2016
Henrodah:
Op please educate people if you can, with the stories of TOKYO ROSE, VASILLY ZAITSEV, OTTO SKOZENY, TUSKEGEE AIRMEN, OSCAR SCHLINDER, COUNT GUSTAV VON ROSEN(helped Biafrans too) , ANATOLI GRANOVSKY (I was an NKVD agent). Some where protagonist some were antagonist...History shouldn't be told by just the victors I feel.
ok nah
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2016
remiproxy:
ok nah

U bam!

1 Like

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Kanyekels(m): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Titheman:
see sense...the Germans always thought they were smarter then others

Actually they are smarter compared to Britains especially. Just because they were outsmarted doesn't mean they are not.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2016
Kanyekels:

Actually they are smarter compared to Britains especially. Just because they were outsmarted doesn't mean they are not.
how? I don't think so
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Dexema(m): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
Nice one, I was particularly wowed by the bear, nancy wake and the avengers.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Dexema(m): 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Henrodah:

Very correct, my grandpa fought in Asia.
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Dexema(m): 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Henrodah:
Vasily zaitsev (enemy at the gates) Oscar schindler (schindlers list).
Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dexema:

Vasily zaitsev (enemy at the gates) Oscar schindler (schindlers list).

That's my guy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Henrodah(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dexema:

Very correct, my grandpa fought in Asia.

Kudos to ur grandpa bro! They were the true heroes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
remiproxy:
20. The Russians partied so hard after WWII ended that the entire city of Moscow ran out of vodka.
now that's some party

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NECO GCE 2019 Agricultural Science Practical Questions Out / MOST EXPENSIVE ITEMS IN THE WORLD [photos]. Check the ones you can afford? / : Yabatech, Admission, Post Ume, Past Question And Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.