Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate (56430 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / Data Rate Increase: A Deliberate Mechanism To Reduce Social Media Influence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Incrizz(f): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2016
Ahmeduana:

SO ncc IS NOW COLLECTING 5oo naira ON EVERY 500 MB? Why SHOULD ncc GIVE DIRECTIVES TO THE SERVICE PROVIDERS TO INCREASE OR CUT? DID THE SERVICE PROVIDERS COMPLAINED TO THE NCC? OR NCC IS USING THEM TO COLLECT EVIL TAX FROM THE MASSES? Should the government be collecting 100% tax on every 1ooo naira purchase?
Abuleoshi You see?
When you reply Ahmeduana, put NCC's twitter handle there so that he can direct his questions to them!
Enough said o.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by whizcartel(m): 8:14am On Nov 25, 2016
Abuleoshi:

Oga don't politicize the issue. Data price will increase by December 1st, it affects everybody. It should not reduced to an APC Vs PDP issue. It is this same PDP vs APC matter that the political elites use to deceive us. We are smarter now!
But NCC ordered it... if data was reduced all praise would still go to the government.

2 Likes

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by DedeNkem: 8:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Abuleoshi:
As an insider in one of the GSM companies, i can reliably inform you that data rate will go up 1st December,2016. NCC has mandated all GSM Companies to raise data rates. This is sad, Nigerians should not accept it, Nigerian Government through its agencies should not make life harder for Nigerians!
N1000 Will be 500MB from December 1st 2016.

So this useless and corrupt government organization (NCC) is urging GSM companies to increase tariff in this recession instead of encouraging them to reduce it?

Nigerians deserve what they get!

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Fxwarrior: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2016
ehisanolu:
imagine....why would NCC mandate them to increase data rates? na wa ooo...does it mean that etisalat that stopped the BB service will later increase the rates? it is well

Etisalat is already dead to me. Switched to GLO.Even though GLO needs to step up their network speed. I can't browse with their 2g except 3g which is fluctuating.

Even at that I prefer them to Etisalat.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by calyto: 8:28am On Nov 25, 2016
If you truly are an insider, you would have known that this your statement is mixed with truth and falsehood.

1.NCC did not say anybody should increase data price;more telcos did because Glo did first.
2.Most telcos buy from wholesalers(like Glo and MainOne) and after dropping data price, they've been at a loss since then.
3.Because they will need to source for forex to buy and pay for almost everything, network quality will suffer if they continue at same price.
4.And if they insist on continuing this same way, they will have no other option than to cut down their staff strength.

Abuleoshi:
As an insider in one of the GSM companies, i can reliably inform you that data rate will go up 1st December,2016. NCC has mandated all GSM Companies to raise data rates. This is sad, Nigerians should not accept it, Nigerian Government through its agencies should not make life harder for Nigerians!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by basadenet: 8:32am On Nov 25, 2016
The same NCC that has add no value to their services contribute to their operations now asking them to increase tariff. This is unfair to Nigerians. We mist stop it.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by joshikenna1(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2016
calyto:

If you truly are an insider, you would have known that this your statement is mixed with truth and falsehood.

1.NCC did not say anybody should increase data price;more telcos did because Glo did first.
2.Most telcos buy from wholesalers(like Glo and MainOne) and after dropping data price, they've been at a loss since then.
3.Because they will need to source for forex to buy and pay for almost everything, network quality will suffer if they continue at same price.
4.And if they insist on continuing this same way, they will have no other option than to cut down their staff strength.

"NCC did not say anybody should increase data price;more telcos did because Glo did first.".......YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by ekmike(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2016
As a means of preparing for the hike, I suggest you subscribe as much as you can before the daye of proposed hike, then make sure you are able to roll over unused data by subscribing every month no matter how little.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by itodosam: 8:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Do you no that dstv is far cheaper than data

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by calyto: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2016
What i mean is- Glo slashed down their data price because they can afford to do it.(They're one of the major wholesalers in Nigeria. Meaning Airtel, MTN and Etisalat buy from either Glo-1 or MainOne in wholesale price and re-sell.)

Because of traffic at peak period,telcos need to either increase their network capacity(which requires sourcing for fx), drive traffic to off-peak periods when there is low capacity utilization, or increase data price in order not to continue to be at a loss.
Since they slashed down data price,they have been loosing at least 600 million naira monthly apart from Glo so the price is not realistic.
At the end something will have to suffer;quality or quantity

joshikenna1:

"NCC did not say anybody should increase data price;more telcos did because Glo did first.".......YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by stephenqueen: 9:15am On Nov 25, 2016
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by CorneliusSulla8: 9:24am On Nov 25, 2016
this country cast sha!! if you ever have a chance to escape this Nigeria don't come back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by tosyne2much(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2016
Wadosky:
What's app call and Internet calls have taken over voice calls which has reduced the amount that goes to ncc on each minute you last on a voice call.
Ncc had to raise their big axe cos they were charging telcos tax based on pay as u call.
I'm glad somebody can reason along with me
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Cekpo34(m): 9:29am On Nov 25, 2016
calyto:

Telecom industries are capitalist Ventures i.e interest driven. They don't need NCC tutorials on how to make profit. In summary, you didn't make sense

2 Likes

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Cekpo34(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2016
tosyne2much:
I'm glad somebody can reason along with me

Why not restructure their taxation formula to fit the trend instead of introducing obnoxious policies that will be detrimental to the citizens (remember we are in recession)
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by ehisanolu(f): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2016
ok... but do u thing other networks will stop bb service like etisalat did?
Fxwarrior:

Etisalat is already dead to me. Switched to GLO.Even though GLO needs to step up their network speed. I can't browse with their 2g except 3g which is fluctuating.

Even at that I prefer them to Etisalat.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by tosyne2much(m): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2016
Cekpo34:

Why not restructure their taxation formula to fit the trend instead of introducing obnoxious policies that will be detrimental to the citizens (remember we are in recession)
It's now obvious to us that this administration doesnt have the youths at heart

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by NevetsIbot(m): 9:43am On Nov 25, 2016
wicked
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by bilal4riid(m): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2016
LieDetector:
And people are believing the op. Chai!

God! shocked... I just did that and I've come to realize it's true...

Useless government
They never said "increase". Change can be decrease
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by yakamata(m): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2016
Abuleoshi:

will this change affect night plan
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by innochris815(m): 10:02am On Nov 25, 2016
NCC wht is ur problem
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:12am On Nov 25, 2016
ehisanolu:
imagine....why would NCC mandate them to increase data rates? na wa ooo...does it mean that etisalat that stopped the BB service will later increase the rates? it is well
Why They want to KILL THE MEDIA.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:14am On Nov 25, 2016
Abuleoshi:
ehisanolu:
Why They want to KILL THE MEDIA.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by calyto: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2016
This is not directed to me i guess?
Cos from what you just wrote, we're on thesame page

Most of the telcos reduced the price of their data bundle because Glo did was what i said.
Now that they're at a loss, they don't need NCC to tell them to increase the price. Etisalat already did andtheir customers have accepted it in good fate.

Cekpo34:

Telecom industries are capitalist Ventures i.e interest driven. They don't need NCC tutorials on how to make profit. In summary, you didn't make sense
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 25, 2016
directonpc:
We should stop over dependency on data and diversify. Flying without aircraft, teleporting, disappearing and reappearing etc. Screw this failed govt. I am not APC or PDP, just a Nigerian.
If I could do what you said, I won't give a damn about data... That reminds me, It is time when the hackers are needed and If I were one, everyone will enjoy free and unlimited data. Before they try to block it, I have devise means to counter them...

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Gerrie(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2016
calyto:

Guy, just attach your NCC ID Card to complete the formalities.

Welldone NCC spokesperson. Mtchew! angry

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:46am On Nov 25, 2016
The minister of information had said that social media has been the greatest problem of FG. This is FG getting back at Nigerians and what a better way of reducing Nigerians access to social media than to increase the price of data.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by calyto: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2016
grin grin
You be muntula aswear.
Anyway, i don't work with NCC but i work with one of the Telcos so i'm familiar with what's happening.

Gerrie:

Guy, just attach your NCC ID Card to complete the formalities.

Welldone NCC spokesperson. Mtchew! angry
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Behankey(m): 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
OP. NCC and even all GSM companies dey craze stylishly undecided
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
shedy03:
we shall go back to the era of cheats
AMEN.. back then in school i was always looking for cheats grin
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by oluwadeeboi(m): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
My fellow hackers will produce cheats.. Opera mini handler. They will still regret this, this is naija

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kaduna GSM Village Launched By Governor El-Rufai (Photos) / Glo Reduces Data Volume / Funniest Tweets About Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Since They Are Down (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.