Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot (3445 Views)

Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / Mdx Vs Explorer / Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by blueblood1(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2016
Morning y'all,
I know when it comes to experience, NL is number one.
Please i need advice. Im trying to decide between the 2004 Acura MDX and 2004 Honda Pilot.
From the oneline reviews ive read, the Acura has Tranny issues, but i want to seek the opinion of experienced users.

I love both cars, but i just want to know what issues should i be prepared for, when i do decide.

Over to you guys! Thanks
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by KingRex1(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2016
If you're talking about 2004 models, I'd advise you go for the pilot. It is durable, rugged and has a good 2nd hand value. At that time acura was still coming up and not too fit for naija roads.

But for current models, acura mdx is way better, luxurious, more expensive and has better performance than the pilot.
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by blueblood1(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2016
KingRex1:
If you're talking about 2004 models, I'd advise you go for the pilot. It is durable, rugged and has a good 2nd hand value. At that time acura was still coming up and not too fit for naija roads.

But for current models, acura mdx is way better, luxurious, more expensive and has better performance than the pilot.

Thanks Kingrex. 2nd hand value is a good consideration. But i really want to know the major issues and challenges, in Nigeria
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by blueblood1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
Advice pls
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by sooperrescue(m): 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Acura is Unleaded Premium fuel only while Honda Pilot uses Regular Unleaded fuel. From this point, you can understand what you should be expecting. As you rightly know, Acura has tranny issues and it is mostly caused using the wrong fuel which makes the ECU to reduce the performance of the car to compensate for the low octane and then anything goes, poor fuel economy, oxygen sensors, coils, injectors......
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by KingRex1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
blueblood1:

Thanks Kingrex. 2nd hand value is a good consideration. But i really want to know the major issues and challenges, in Nigeria
The main naija issue should be that of bad roads and spare parts availability.
Go for Honda cus the spare parts is everywhere, u might even see some lying freely at ladipo market grin
Besides most mechanics know how to wind and unwind Honda or Toyota old models.. you don't need to see company dealers for repairs. Can't really say that for acura even if it's a Honda subsidiary company.
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by blueblood1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingRex1:

The main naija issue should be that of bad roads and spare parts availability.
Go for Honda cus the spare parts is everywhere, u might even see some lying freely at ladipo market grin
Besides most mechanics know how to wind and unwind Honda or Toyota old models.. you don't need to see company dealers for repairs. Can't really say that for acura even if it's a Honda subsidiary company.
Thanks. Appreciate
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by blueblood1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
sooperrescue:
Acura is Unleaded Premium fuel only while Honda Pilot uses Regular Unleaded fuel. From this point, you can understand what you should be expecting. As you rightly know, Acura has tranny issues and it is mostly caused using the wrong fuel which makes the ECU to reduce the performance of the car to compensate for the low octane and then anything goes, poor fuel economy, oxygen sensors, coils, injectors......
Thanks. Really appreciate
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by KingRex1(m): 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
blueblood1:

Thanks. Appreciate
You welcome man
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by diportivo: 2:00am On Nov 17, 2016
Lemme wait here for gazzuzz and kingreign to coman school us

cool
Re: Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot by sultaan(m): 4:42am On Nov 17, 2016

(1) (Reply)

What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? / How Do I Get To Elegushi From Anthony / Cars To Stay Away From Or Not Look At Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.