Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

#ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 (7711 Views)

Supreme Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Appeal Hearing Till January / #ondodecides2016: PDP Governorship Candidates Appeal Judgement & Hearings / #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
franchizy:
I am tired of this thread. No useful update only backyard talks and gossip.

Tufiakwa

This is your previous comment on pg2.

franchizy:
What are my even finding here. No meaningful update at all.

But i appreciate the OP and must not hesitate to express my gratitude to him for sparing his time to feed us with the little update.

Im leaving this thread.

Pele son of consolation. G.O.H

2 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
"We are ready for all your antics and gimicks and we will go ahead and if you are not satisfied, we wish yoi journer mercies to the supreme court. Justice Salauwa"

says no matter what, they will proceed
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by franchizy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
engineerboat:
"We are ready for all your antics and gimicks and we will go ahead and if you are not satisfied, we wish yoi journer mercies to the supreme court. Justice Salauwa"

says no matter what, they will proceed

What kind of rubbish update is this. Tell me is this an update.

Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by cktheluckyman: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
franchizy:

Mtcheeeeeeew
grin no its a downdate lol

2 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
Breaking! Appeal Court Panel to give judgement at a date to be communicated to the parties on Jegede Vs Poroye & Co
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
franchizy:

Mtcheeeeeeew
But i think you spit on the earlier thread and promised not to come back, why are you pained grin grin grin
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
engineerboat:
Breaking! Appeal Court Panel to give judgement at a date to be communicated to the parties on Jegede Vs Poroye & Co
you mean that porooye and jimoh ibrahim have all exhausted their time to 'counter appeal' today! yeepa! yeepa!! yeepa!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by NFFGG: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
in short, the case had been concluded. is that so @ engineer boat
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Breaking news:
Jimoh's sponsored placards carrying protesters in the Court of Appeal arrested by the security operatives.

Details later.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
A date to be communicated to the parties makes it more worisome for porooye and jimoh to go back to supreme court. grin grin
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
NFFGG:

Olanipekun had close his case.

Poroye lawyer did not have any brief to address. Though he seek for extension leave but the Judge declined his leave plea.

He was hoping that The Appeal will disband itself.

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
you mean that porooye and jimoh ibrahim have all exhausted their time to 'counter appeal' today! yeepa! yeepa!! yeepa!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They have no brief. Written or spoken all they are after is disbandment disbanding of he Appeal panel.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
NFFGG:
Oga No time to waste na sharp-sharp. case concludes, according to engineer boat submission on the thread. but pls exercise patience. forces are at play here. let jegede be prayerfull oo
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
The Presiding Judge stated that the matter is now ripe for judgement. Judgement day will be communicated.

Since Poroye counsel have no brief to defend.

However protester are outside the Court with placards
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
engineerboat:

They have no brief. Written or spoken all they are after is disbandment disbanding of he Appeal panel.

Then there is no need to give them such time, They thought they would meet judges like Abang Abang Okon! Already they have ran out of time to appeal again
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by franchizy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
All through the day no tangible update except stories and you want me to continue to follow this thread.

i swear i can never follow this kind of beer parlour thread again.

Jimoh has my upper hands though.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
franchizy:
All through the day no tangible update except stories and you want me to continue to follow this thread.

grin grin grin grin Oga Na only you waka come Now! your case is like when your team lost a match, and the whole spectators went out jubilating, you now started looking for who to explain why you lost to. just take heart ehn. wait for tommorow news grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
Summary of the First appllapplication.

Eyitayo Jegede vs Biyi Poroye

At the resume hearing of the substantive suite today, Poroye Lawyer trying to stop the further hearing of the Appeal.
But the Court of Appeal Panel told Biyi Poroye and Jimoh Ibrahim that application for stay of proceedings filed at the Supreme Court cannot stop the proceedings of the substantive Appeal.
They said the Supreme Court in a recent judgement has said that interlocutory Appeal from court of Appeal to the Supreme Court should not stay the proceedings of the Substantive Appeal.
The panel therefore threw out the application by Biyi Poroye Counsel “that since they (Poroye and others) have and application for stay at Supreme Court, that the Court of Appel should stop sitting on the Appeal”.
When Jimoh Ibrahim Lawyer Discover that their attempt to stop the panel has failed, he informed the court that he has an application for joinder. The panel asked him to moved His application and that they will rule on it immediately. At that point, Jimoh Ibrahim counsel withdrew his appearance from the case, siting “that his integrity is at stake” and of utmost importance to Him.
The panel immediately asked parties to adopt their brief of argument. Eyotayo Jegede councel (Wole Olanipekun SAN) immedeately aadopted his brief of argument.
Biyi Poroye Counsel (Nwofor) has no brief to adopt since he did not file any, when he ought to file.
Biyi Poroye Counsel (Nwofor SAN) now beg to be given time to file his brief which plea the panel refused.
The panel therefore rule that the Appeal is now ripe for Judgment and that day of will be communicated to the various counsel.

Court adjourns for recess to resume later on two other applications.

1. PDP vs Poroye and others
2. Markafi and Ben Obi Vs Poroye and others
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim sponsored a group of paid protesters that were arrested today at the Court of Appeal premises
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
Appeal Court Special Panel reconvenes, begins hearing on Ahmed Markarfi and Ben Obi's case vs Biyi Poroye and ors
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
Olanipekun counsel to markafi and ben Obi while staying their readiness for the case reminded the Court of its earlier ruling striking out Jimoh Ibrahim's motion to be joined as a party in the suit, but counsel to Poroye (Nwofor) reminded the court its earlier motion before the supreme court.

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by Grundig: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
Is the appellate court looking to conclude hearing today? And possible judgement?
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
Again Court strikes out Jimoh Ibrahim's application to be joined as a party in Markarfi & Obi Vs Poroye's suit.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
Nwofor begs court to hands off Markarfi vs Poroye case pending determination of d motion before d supreme court.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
INEC lawyer, Nelson Anih says the commission is neutral on the case and would rely on the court's guidance.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by EnEnPeecee: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
franchizy:

I now know your reasons of foolishly littering this tread with your stupidity. FYI, Jimoh is going no where and I hope you don't die of HBP undecided
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by franchizy(m): 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
The Appeal court panell have been compromised.

i think the NJC must investigate them because the judgement of justice okon Abang must stand.

Any attempt to ob jimoh ibrahim of hs mandate we will not accept it.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 6:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
INEC lawyer expresses neutrality and readiness to abide by the decision of the Appeal Panel no matter the decision
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by OTOBLUZY: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
Any update @engineerboat
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
franchizy:
The Appeal court panell have been compromised.

i think the NJC must investigate them because the judgement of justice okon Abang must stand.

Any attempt to ob jimoh ibrahim of hs mandate we will not accept it.

A word is enough for the wise.

Ben Nwofor
Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
Court ready to deliver judgement but Sheriff camp lawyer still ask for 1 day adjournment.

But Barr Olanipekun opposes any further ploy to waste time

Re: #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Sherrif-led PDP lawyer Ajibola Oluyede want the court yo grant him 24 hours to file his brief since the court insist pnncontinue with the case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is Atiku Being Referred To As An IPOB Candidate In The North? / . / *nigerian Banks Have Finished This Nation!*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.