Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

#ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing (3818 Views)

#ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 / #ondodecides2016: Day 2 New Appeal Court Hearing Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 6:34am On Nov 17, 2016
Good Morning fellow Nairalanders and good people of Nigeria.

I welcome you all to another day of another legal fireworks at the Abuja division of Court of Appeal. In the Appeal case between
1. Eyitayo Jegede vs Biyi Poroye others
2. PDP vs Biyi Poroye and others
3. Ahmed markafi and Ben Obi vs Biyi Poroye and others.

Yesterday hearing summary:

1. The case between Eyitayo Jegede vs Biyi Poroye and others was concluded with Judgement reserved.
While the case 2 and 3 was not concluded but to be concluded by 12:00 noon today.

The proceedings for yesterday can be followed at.

https://www.nairaland.com/3467713/ondodecides2016-pdp-substantive-appeal-hearing

Once again I welcomed you to another day of legal fireworks.

Time is 12:00.

More updates and details shortly.

Good morning.

engineerboat.

SUMMARY OF TODAY'S HEARING

[b]Nworfor: My Lord the brief is not ready as they worked on it all through the night, blames d TSA for d delay.

Justice Salauwa: Nwofor what do you wants knowing fully well time is of the essence & d case must be treated on merit.

Nworfor: my Lord I requests that the case be stood down until my subordinates completes d filling process of d brief at d registry.

Justice Salauwa: the application is hereby stands down the registrar is hereby directed to go retrieve the briefs at d registry in 1hr maximum.

After about 1hr: 30mins.

Nworfor: My lord the briefs with me are d unfilled ones still waiting for d registry

Justice salauwa: "Learned SAN, WE ARE STILL AWAITING YOUR BRIEFS".

Wole Olanipekun (Jegede Coinsel): goes tough, says Nwofor is taking the court for granted for not filling his respondents briefs.

Justice Salauwa: We will not allow anyone to mess up the temple of justice.

Wole Olanipekun: I prays the court to grant my prayers as contained in my briefs of arguments.

Nwofor: my Lord i stand om my earlier position of the Appeal panel jurisdiction to hear the matter based on pending appeals.

Nworfor: But in the alternative is that if the law allow the Court to proceed imspite my earlier position on its Jurisdiction, he has no choice but to adopt his briefs of argument and prayed that Ahmed Markafis appeal be dismissed.

Justice Salauwa: learned SAN Nworfor thanks for filling your briefs, we have nothing personal against anybody, what we are after is justice and decorum".

INEC counsel Anih: My lord the commission has no stand on the appeal and would be relying on the court's guidance.

Oluyede: Sheriff-led PDP Counsel, my lord I aligns with the briefs of Nwofor, expresses inability to get it ready at the material time.

Wole Olanipekun: In his response to Nwofor's respondents brief, my lord when an appellants files 2 briefs, The law rely on the 2nd one. (Gambo vs Gutigi).

Wole Olanipekun: Nwofor havin raised a point of him filling 2briefs forgot that he also submitted 2 briefs for Poroye &ors.

Justice Salauwa: The worst thing I hate in my life is failure, & my judgements is always hinged on God's biddings.

At this junction Nwofor is visibly confused.

As INEC lawyer still insists on readiness to accept court decision.

Justice Salauwa: At this junction the Application suit is ripe for Judgement which will be communicated to the counsel's.[/b]

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by psalmprodigy(m): 6:35am On Nov 17, 2016
ok
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by Collenshy2020(m): 6:36am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Following
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by Oxenomy: 7:23am On Nov 17, 2016
Following..
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by masterpiece86: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2016
I tot the court has reserved judgement for a later date. Which proceeding is coming up by Noon....??
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by DamiBukola: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2016
masterpiece86:
I tot the court has reserved judgement for a later date. Which proceeding is coming up by Noon....??
Please read the write up again, this time around with slow enthusiasm; thank me later once you are done.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2016
The court of Appeal has, Wednesday, struck out Jimoh Ibrahim’s motion to be joined as a party in the suit between Eyitayo Jegede, SAN, vs Biyi Poroye after his lawyer Adegoke Badejo SAN withdrew from the case on the basis of integrity.

The court equally said it is now set to give judgement to the case at a date to be communicated to counsels to the parties. The three-man panel headed by Justice Ibrahim Salauwa declared this after counsels had adopted their briefs of arguments.

However, Badejo who said he was withdrawing from the case on the basis of his conscience and integrity, also tried to seek an adjournment for the case after his action was opposed by counsel to Eyitayo Jegede SAN, Wole Olanipekun, SAN. Meanwhile, another drama of alleged contempt played out again at the court today after counsel to the respondent, Beluolisa Nwofor SAN engaged members of the panel in altercation for several minutes.

Nwofor’s altercation with the Justices was premised on the direction of proceedings after he tried to oppose a motion by a colleague, Jadegoke Badejo SAN representing Jimoh Ibrahim seeking to be joined as party to the suit.

But Justice Saulawa replied him saying, “You can do whatever you like outside the court but there must be perfect decorum here.” He added that “If we are brought here by God to do this work because we didn’t lobby for it, we will do HIS bidding.”

Nwafor’s action is coming a week after Godswill Mrakpor, counsel to the Ali Modu Sheriff faction of the PDP missed, by whiskers, being committed and convicted for contempt by the court after an enraged argument with the justices while trying to make his position known on a motion.

Also, a group of students who alleged to have come from tertiary institutions across the country and who were protesting in the interest of Jimoh Ibrahim were sent out of the court premises by security agents for “constituting nuisance at the court premises.”

They carried placards with various inscriptions in support of Ibrahim before they were chased by a combined team of security men attached to the Appeal Court. The case was adjourned till 12 noon, today Thursday the November 17, 2016.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ondo-acourt-strikes-jimohs-motion-set-deliver-judgement-jegedes-case/
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by orunto27: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2016
If all that is happening in Ondo State is Righteous, May God be praised. And if otherwise, May the Schemers ways Perish IJN AMEN!!!!
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by neolboy(m): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2016
following keenly
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by BERNIMOORE: 9:59am On Nov 17, 2016
masterpiece86:
There are 3 issues before the court of appeal including the jegede's Appeal of Okon Abang wrongful substitution with jimoh ibrahim and that appeal was heard unopposed and closed for judgement.

case 2 and 3 (2. PDP vs Biyi Poroye and others 3. Ahmed markafi and Ben Obi vs Biyi Poroye and others) concluding part which started yesterday will be resumed by 12:00 noon today for conclusion and possible judgement.
Are you Clear Now?
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
Appeal Court Special Panel Abuja is coming on now

Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
Justices Salauwa, Aguba & Mbaba arrive d court for d sitting. "A great pleasure to be around again" Justice Salauwa
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by rfnextar8(m): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
ok
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hearing begins with Ahmed Markarfi and Ben Obi versus Biyi Poroye and others
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
Olanipekun, Adedipe, Akinlaja for Markarfi & others, Nwofor and three others for Poroye & others
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Olanipekun tells the court they are ready for the hearing to enable Poroye and others file their respondents brief
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
Poroye's lawyer, Nwofor says d brief is not ready as they worked on it all through the night, blames d TSA for d delay
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Justice Salauwa asks Nwofor what he wants knowing fully well time is of the essence & d case must be treated on merit
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
Nwofor requests that the case be stood down until his subordinates completes d filling process of d brief at d registry
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Justice Salauwa stands down d application, directs d registrar to go retrieve the briefs at d registry in 1hr maximum
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by Barbar2ndey: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
There are 3 issues before the court of appeal including the jegede's Appeal of Okon Abang wrongful substitution with jimoh ibrahim and that appeal was heard unopposed and closed for judgement.

case 2 and 3 (2. PDP vs Biyi Poroye and others 3. Ahmed markafi and Ben Obi vs Biyi Poroye and others) concluding part which started yesterday will be resumed by 12:00 noon today for conclusion and possible judgement.
Are you Clear Now?
which of the cases is more important
and what are the implication of the other cases...please explain to me
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by GoggleB(m): 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
See delay tactics by nwofor
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by BCISLTD: 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
These justices mean business ooo
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
Still waiting for the Registrar to come with the Respondents briefs.

For appeal to continue
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by Grundig: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
I pray this becomes the norm in Nigerian judicial system.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by franchizy(m): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
engineerboat:
Still waiting for the Registrar to come with the Respondents briefs.

For appeal to continue

Good update today. please keep it up.I have a strong faith that judgement will be adjourned again.

I stand with Jimoh Ibrahim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by cktheluckyman: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
franchizy:

Good update today. please keep it up.I have a strong faith that judgement will be adjourned again.

I stand with Jimoh Ibrahim.
Lolz my dear the Jimoh Ibrahim vs Jegede case has already been concluded and judgement is ready
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by franchizy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Lolz my dear the Jimoh Ibrahim vs Jegede case has already been concluded and judgement is ready

I will only believe this from the OP because he is my eyes and ears in the court.

OP is doing a good job today

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
The case involving Markarfi and Ben Obi Vs Biyi Poroye and others resumes after the one hour stand down.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by cktheluckyman: 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
franchizy:

I will only believe this from the OP because he is my eyes and ears in the court.

OP is doing a good job today
Continue to deceive yourself. The case was concluded yesterday and the OP himself said it in his update yesterday. Furthermore all the media outlets reported the same thing this morning
Re: #ondodecides2016: Day 2 PDP Substantive Appeal Court Hearing by engineerboat(m): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Poroye's lawyer, Nwofor, again tells d court that the briefs with him are d unfilled ones still waiting for d registry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Over 10,000,000 Million Biafrans Stormed Ekwuluobia, Anambra State / If Miyetti Allah Has Claimed Responsibility, Why Are Their Leaders Still Free? / Which Local Government Can Obaseki Win??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.