Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,327 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' (889 Views)

Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown / Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million / Woman Fired For Flipping Off Donald Trump's Motorcade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by blueAgent(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2016
Officials in Clay, a small town in West Virginia, have come under fire for a racist comment against First Lady Michelle Obama, in which they likened her to an "ape in heels". Pamela Ramsey Taylor, the former director of the government funded non-profit organisation Clay County Development Corp, posted a message on Facebook praising Melania Trump, the wife of president-elect, while insulting Obama.
"It will be so refreshing to have a classy,
beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White
House. I'm tired of seeing a Ape in heels," Taylor wrote on Facebook.

Beverly Whaling the mayor of the town responded to the statement with a comment saying, "Just made my day, Pam."
The comments were deleted soon after but had
already been shared around and Sheriff Garrett
Samples said that the two women have been
receiving threats ever since. Taylor was fired from her position and Mayor Whaling is facing severe criticism for her support of the racist statement.

At the time of the writing, an online petition
calling for the women's termination had garnered
more than 82,000 signatures.
"Pamela Ramsey Taylor, I found your comment to
be disrespectful to the Flotus, therefore
disrespectful to the USA. Just because you don't like her husband's policies does not make it acceptable to troll Mrs Obama. You very easily could have complimented Mrs Trump, and left the current First Lady out of it," Janet F from New York commented on the petition page.
Soon after the media storm hit, Whaling
apologised for her response to the post and
attempted to clarify that what she wrote was not targeted at Obama.

"I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused! Those who know me know that I'm not of any way racist! Again, I would like to apologize for this getting out of hand," she told the Washington Post.
However, she later told WSAZ radio station that
the public response had become a "hate crime
against me", and that she plans to file lawsuits
against those who have slandered her.
National Association for the Advancement of
Colored People (NAACP) state director Owens
Brown criticised the two women's posts and said that "there's no place for these types of attitudes in our state. Unfortunately this is a reality that we are dealing with today."
According to ABC News, around 77% of Clay
voted for Trump in the recent elections and every county in West Virginia also swayed in favour of the Republican candidate.

www.ibtimes.co.uk/west-virginia-official-fired-calling-michelle-obama-ape-heels-1591595
Re: West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Re: West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by Edwinmason(m): 10:25am On Nov 16, 2016
what is this?
Re: West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by Onyenna(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2016
.....nah waah ooooh! ....What nonsense!
Re: West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by blueAgent(m): 7:06am On Nov 20, 2016
Onyenna:
.....nah waah ooooh! ....What nonsense!

Thats their opinion
Re: West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by blueAgent(m): 7:08am On Nov 20, 2016
Edwinmason:
what is this?

Hate speech.
Re: West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by bennyann: 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2016

"I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused! Those who know me know that I'm not of any way racist! Again, I would like to apologize for this getting out of hand," she told the Washington Post.
However, she later told WSAZ radio station that
the public response had become a "hate crime
against me", and that she plans to file lawsuits
against those who have slandered her

You want to be forgiven but you don't want to forgive others for the same crime you committed. Smh
Re: West Virginia Official Fired For Calling Michelle Obama An 'ape In Heels' by blueAgent(m): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
bennyann:

You want to be forgiven but you don't want to forgive others for the same crime you committed. Smh

Thats called Politics .

(1) (Reply)

America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. / US Vetoes UN Resolution Rejecting Trump’s Jerusalem Decision - Photo / Watch The Video Of Patriot AD Trying To Save Itself In Kiev

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.