Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,993 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com (63413 Views)

The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria / Coldest States In Nigeria / 10 States In Nigeria Where Pidgin-English Is Most Spoken (written In Pidgin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Klinee: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
omoyowa:

Every state in Nigeria has bus conveying people to Onitsha on daily basis...

but minus southwest States, hardly you get Ibadan bus in other state
Even Ibadan people all come down to ONITSHA on a daily basis to buy goods

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Klinee: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
omoyowa:

Guy, I stay in porthacout, there is no Ibadan bus in porthacourt....

Stop arguing trash..

Going to Ibadan to do what
There is no state in Nigeria that you can't get ONITSHA bus stations. Forget all this Yorubas they just being sentimental.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by sade1994(f): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
caracas:

Olodo ,u have u bin to any of the States u mentioned?
Clueless afonja

Yes I've been there
And I've lived all my life in the south east and south south
U guys should stop lying To us on the internet.
Nonsense
Villages u guys call cities.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2016
lawani:

You have to lay bare facts, dont just talk. This is one company in Ilesa
https://www.nairaland.com/1077706/accountants-needed-ilesa-osun-state
Ilesa manufactures plastics, nails, beer, wines for export, then it has a multi billion dollar farm produce sector, it has equipment fabrication companies, it has a multibillion dollar agro allied sector for export. Vegetable oil refinery for export. Foam production for export, then the internal economy is there servicing the people. So you have to say why you think Anambra is richer. You people come to Ilesa to buy Tokunbo cars. Our people go to Onitsha to buy some things too but to say Osun is low compared to Anambra is totally wrong. Your main resident CEO is Innoson, right? Is he up to Tuns Farm in Osogbo? Ramon Adedoyin in Ile Ife? Yinka Oba in Ilesa? And etc? That is the way to measure. Is he more than Sarumi of Saro Agrochemicals in Ilesa? And etc. Dont just be making arbitrary declarations!
You guys are really funny, and so ignorant, please kindly go through these threads from page one to the last page, These is just two cities in Anambra excluding Nnewi the auto hub of Nigeria and other sub towns

https://www.nairaland.com/3027070/onitsha-one-biggest-river-port

https://www.nairaland.com/3443004/guess-
anambra-state-govt-been

https://www.nairaland.com/3061689/anambra-seat-political-power-awka

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by sade1994(f): 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Madam I can swear you have never left the west before, try and travel before coming online to spill what you ain't sure of. And Oyo wtf? Don't bring the Oyo here cause I'm currently serving in Oyo unless there is another Oyo I don't know about.

That u are serving in one remote village in Oyo doesn't mean u know the whole of Oyo state.
And FYI I've lived and still living in The south south / east.
So plz say something else

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
lawani:

You have to lay bare facts, dont just talk. This is one company in Ilesa
https://www.nairaland.com/1077706/accountants-needed-ilesa-osun-state
Ilesa manufactures plastics, nails, beer, wines for export, then it has a multi billion dollar farm produce sector, it has equipment fabrication companies, it has a multibillion dollar agro allied sector for export. Vegetable oil refinery for export. Foam production for export, then the internal economy is there servicing the people. So you have to say why you think Anambra is richer. You people come to Ilesa to buy Tokunbo cars. Our people go to Onitsha to buy some things too but to say Osun is low compared to Anambra is totally wrong. Your main resident CEO is Innoson, right? Is he up to Tuns Farm in Osogbo? Ramon Adedoyin in Ile Ife? Yinka Oba in Ilesa? And etc? That is the way to measure. Is he more than Sarumi of Saro Agrochemicals in Ilesa? And etc. Dont just be making arbitrary declarations!

I was thinking that the Oshogbo weed of a tin is just a falacy..,but I realise that it is real....
I have told you..,minus lagos ,and some part of Ogun state,,other southwest States na wash....

imagine d trash, you took time to type...
Abeg, go and sleep ,I don't argue with kids...

Ebony state which is d least in SE is far ahead of Osun,ondo,ekiti....

structurally and more beautiful than Ibadan and Ogun brown roof houses

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
sade1994:

Yes I've been there
And I've lived all my life in the south east and south south
U guys should stop lying To us on the internet.
Nonsense
Villages u guys call cities.

I don't think that there is a place more villageous than d brown roof town without toilets facilities that afonjas see as cities

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
sangresan:
No Ibadan bus in Port Harcourt?.....May be you are living in the bush....Ask people,they will direct you to the park...Smaller towns in Yorubaland even have direct buses plying the routes from PH...Wake up and smell the coffee...

Guy, there is no Ibadan bus station in porthacourt..
you people naturally like to argue trash..
I was born and brought up in porthacourt...
I have not come across a bus loading only Ibadan..
they pick Lagos and and all SW passenger together in a bus...
Minus Lagos.,there is no bus loading a single cities or brown roof town from porthacout

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
Klinee:
Ok can you mention a place that u have been in Anambra, then explain how the place is compared to those area u assumed to be more urbanised.
av being to onitsha, nnewi, and some other parts of Anambra state, you can't compare it with PH and bonny Island, never, all the companies in nnewi are not up to the nnlg in bonny #fact.

Not to talk about other parts of Rivers state.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by orimsamsam(m): 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
omoyowa:

I don't think that there is a place more villageous than d brown roof town without toilets facilities that afonjas see as cities
lolz. Ur delusion is real. Can u name those towns . Don't just talk with both side of ur mouth. I stop believing you when u sed there is no bus from Port Harcourt to ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by iambuba(m): 11:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
hello,...Abia for real? were did u place Kano and Enugu,Owerri? this list aint tight
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
orimsamsam:
lolz. Ur delusion is real. Can u name those towns . Don't just talk with both side of ur mouth. I stop believing you when u sed there is no bus from Port Harcourt to ibadan.

youngman.....
There is no bus loading directly from porthacourt to Ibadan...
If there is tell me d name of d park...
you afonjas argue a lot...
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
kolaaderin:

he is very right, osun might not have mega cities as big as Ibadan and kano, but surely boast of numerous average sized cities, EDE, IFE, ILESHA, OSOGBO, IWO, and IKIRUN. most can boast of 2 local government coverage.
oga am Yoruba, those places you mentioned are not cities av being there before, they are towns.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Lie.
your opinion
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
orimsamsam:

This is d towns

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
orimsamsam:

more of d town you seek

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
scholes0:

Osun has Osogbo, Ede, Ilesha, Ile-Ife, Iwo.

List the ities in Kano state, make we hear.
lol In a way u av a point but In another you don't,the op said states that are most urbanized, those places you mentioned are towns not cities, even Oshogbo just dey come up now.

Btw am Yoruba and av being to all the places you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
orimsamsam:

more of afonja cities

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by evadreams(f): 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
orimsamsam:
lolz. Kilo sooooo
U are deluded. Just come to Iwo road, and see the number of people that comes to ibadan everyday

The number of people that come to ibadan r from the west too. I am currently serving in ibadan n i will tell u This.... dont compare bodija market to onitsha main market or the biz in anambra to ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by wristbangle: 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Klinee:
Even Ibadan people all come down to ONITSHA on a daily basis to buy goods

On daily basis, anambra/igbo people sleep several nights at Ibadan (ringroad, challenge and liberty) just to transact business to carrying poultry products such as eggs, day old chicks, and others to their land.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 11:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
omoyowa:

Guy, there is no Ibadan bus station in porthacourt..
you people naturally like to argue trash..
I was born and brought up in porthacourt...
I have not come across a bus loading only Ibadan..
they pick Lagos and and all SW passenger together in a bus...
Minus Lagos.,there is no bus loading a single cities or brown roof town from porthacout
There is infront of UI
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
lawani:

I cant accept that Anambra has more business strength than Osun. What are they producing there? What is their GDP in Anambra. You cant just say Osun, Cross river, etc have very low business strength when all indicators say GDP per capita is higher in Osun than Anambra! Your notion is wrong. I can sit here and count people employed in Ilesa who are paid up to N2 million per month, maybe 20 people at least. How many in ANAMBRA? Just dont dismiss a state like that. Osun is richer than Anambra. What is Anambra producing? What is the GDP?

take a look at this

https://www.nairaland.com/3468209/why-anambra-state-sustainable
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
masseratti:
There is infront of UI
hahahahahaha.....where is UI in porthacourt..
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2016
wristbangle:

On daily basis, anambra/igbo people sleep several nights at Ibadan (ringroad, challenge and liberty) just to transact business to carrying poultry products such as eggs, day old chicks, and others to their land.

you afonjas keep yarning trash....
imagine d trash you are yarning....
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Kfed4ril(m): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
sade1994:

That u are serving in one remote village in Oyo doesn't mean u know the whole of Oyo state.
And FYI I've lived and still living in The south south / east.
So plz say something else

I don't know if you call atiba(that is where the alaafin is) which is the main local government in Oyo town a remote village then why do you still argue that Oyo state is more urbanized than anambra state? Because it's the 2nd or 3rd most urbanized area in Oyo state after the capital Ibadan and maybe Ogbomosho as the case may be.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2016
omoyowa:

more of afonja cities
afonja the great here, let me help you, the name Afonja is as great as the name Julius Caesar in Yoruba land so Quit it, its not derogatory to us, so thank you, we are proud Afonjas unlike people without history, maybe they were apes or savages.
That said now to the topic, i won't mince words, there is vast poverty in Oyo state more than most states in the se except Ebonyi, av being there, all of the states in the south East, but Non is as urban as Oyo state,not to even talk if Ogun state.

Waiting for u, loading slowly.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 11:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
omoyowa:

hahahahahaha.....where is UI in porthacourt..
my apologies sir, i tot you said they don't load ibadan to ph not vice versa.

That said, we all know that Americans hardly leave their land to other places, same with south Africans, Sw ppl hardly leave their domain to that side, enuf said, think deep why.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by loshybab(m): 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
zizytd:
U know ezinifite in nnewi south, my mum is from there. The problem we have in the east is that we like to make noise. Apart from Nnewi, Awka and Onitsha , those other cities are hard to live in if you grew up in Lagos.
main reason why my ndigbos find it difficult to go home....#justsaying
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
masseratti:
afonja the great here, let me help you, the name Afonja is as great as the name Julius Caesar in Yoruba land so Quit it, its not derogatory to us, so thank you, we are proud Afonjas unlike people without history, maybe they were apes or savages.
That said now to the topic, i won't mince words, there is vast poverty in Oyo state more than most states in the se except Ebonyi, av being there, all of the states in the south East, but Non is as urban as Oyo state,not to even talk if Ogun state.

Waiting for u, loading slowly.

I think d OP has stated d truth....
so I don't have time to argue with you
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by wristbangle: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
omoyowa:

you afonjas keep yarning trash....
imagine d trash you are yarning....

You know am saying the truth and u need to ask where u people source your poultry products that are servicing your poultry farms from.

Between, I don't know why you are getting unnecessarily emotional about afonja issue. Has an afonja masquerade chased u in the dream before?

And for ur info, there is a bus transit from PHC to Ibadan. It's a pity I can recall the location this night, once I remember, I will edit this comment for you to find out.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 11:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
masseratti:
my apologies sir, i tot you said they don't load ibadan to ph not vice versa.

That said, we all know that Americans hardly leave their land to other places, same with south Africans, Sw ppl hardly leave their domain to that side, enuf said, think deep why.

For your information...
Americans and Chinese are d most travelled people...
youngman,get your fact before typing trash under your poverty brown roof house

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 12:01am On Nov 17, 2016
wristbangle:

You know am saying the truth and u need to ask where u people source your poultry products that is servicing your poultry farms from.

Between, I don't know why you are getting unnecessarily emotional about afonja issue. Has an afonja masquerade chased u in the dream before?

And for ur info, there is a bus transit from PHC to Ibadan. It's a pity I can recall the location this night, once I remember, I will edit this comment for you to find out.

you are a liar.....
there is no bus from porthacourt to Ibadan..
.or from any other state minus SW states to Ibadan directly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Kaduna Curfew: Driver Attacked For Trying To Save 6 Christian Passengers / Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / Airpeace Embraer E195-E2 Jet Was On Display At The Dubaiairshow2019(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.