Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Letter To Upcoming Nigerian Musicians – 8 Things You Need To Know To Make It - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Letter To Upcoming Nigerian Musicians – 8 Things You Need To Know To Make It (12603 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Musicians Of All Time / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 / List Of The Coolest Upcoming Nigerian Musicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Upcoming Nigerian Musicians – 8 Things You Need To Know To Make It by PotatoSalad(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Stop Begging For Free Beats
Re: Letter To Upcoming Nigerian Musicians – 8 Things You Need To Know To Make It by musicwriter(m): 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
Its not as simple as that.

The author needs understand that just like everything else in Nigeria, you have to know someone or someone who knows someone in the industry to make it. Talent is good but it comes second, unfortunately, that's the reality.

You really think the established musicians are the most talented? You need to visit recording studios and see talents literally everywhere in the streets of Nigeria. The most talented musicians are always among the upcoming artists, everywhere in the world, not just in Nigeria!.

There're upcoming artists who are more talented than 2face or Asha but nobody has discovered them. And they may not be discovered at all!.

This guy is the most talented upcoming artist in Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/3995175/best-undiscovered-artist-nigeria. Met him in a recording studio sometime ago and I shared the link here.

Talking from experience..............
Re: Letter To Upcoming Nigerian Musicians – 8 Things You Need To Know To Make It by Joshmodest(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
Oyerinde16:
This are all good tips for upcoming artist, however one this is key, you need basics to follow through. If you do not have just one of 10 basics you are fucki*g stuck.
1, You live in a place outside LAGOS and you want to be a star, my bro Psquares of this world let Jo's to Lagos, timaya left bayelsa to alaba etc... But upcoming should still hustle.
2, You upcoming unemployed grad, no cash bro hustle wherever you are unless u want to sleep under bridge in Lagos, cos anyone housing you will give u attitude after one week of no revenue yet pursuing your dreams he also has his dreams and u can't affect his with yours.
3, All you have is money to eat and money for data, baba the best I advice is keep disturbing banky w and the likes on insta, twitter, Facebook, etc God can pick your call from there, if you can spend one week in front of olamide house sleeping and demanding to see him, ur call can be answered as well.
4, Lionel messi or christaino Rinaldo you will be surprised aren't the best players in the world but those with better skills weren't opportuned. The system we operate in Nigeria is more of choke choke and choke anyone without connection trying to reach the top or you thing all this A list wants someone to kick them out of buzz.
5, You can do most of what is listed there but ensure you don't go beyond your capacity least you DIE along the way, When wizzy started they were many some dropped by, some died in the struggle however wizzy made it... Don't ever think 20 wizzy can start a race and all will make it, the last presidential election should teach you something.
I hustle and I don't do more than my self I know I will blow anyhow any moment from now, motivational speakers do it for money be guarded.
Bless up brudha...
Music promotion no be beans as this op take talk oh .... to promote your songs on blogs and websites.. you'll definitely need about 200 k or more to get it , to a proper listening audience..and you may end up making nothing , after the promotion...if you have data , consistently stalk any big star and your followers with your short freestyles on insta , that's the best you can do actually..
Mayorkun, Terri , dremo ,Wale Turner,Limerick ,and the likes were all signed via insta... that's where it's happening , if u don't get signed , at least you'll build a wide fan base, you can drop your music to , when you have money to release one ...cos to release songs from the best producers and promote on blogs is quite good , but very expensive !!
At the end of the day , no be who hustle pass they carry first..I know someone who just dropped three insta freestyles and got signed...its not until u start singing for free at every event , that you'll blow....just stay cool and do your best , don't go extra miles,and don't overdo.... what will be will be !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Frank Edwards – Wetin You No Fit Do (Video) / MayD Launches 'Confam Entertainment' Record Label / Davido to perform at UnitedMasters Grammy weekend concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.