Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Please House, I Need Explanations For This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please House, I Need Explanations For This (1743 Views)

Anytime I Yawn, I Burst Out In Tongues Whilst Yawning! Any Explanations? / Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter / Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Mumben(f): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
right from when i was younger,whenever i am d first to patronise a hawker, d person makes a lot of sales n comes home early, my neighbours who know abt it wil beckon on me to collect money from d first customer n giv to them so dt they can make huge sales on dt day. Right now, if i go to buy somtin frm a shop, d moment i step into d shop, within some seconds, people will start coming to buy tins as well.my question is this... Why is this so? Nd how can i benefit frm it? Is there a spiritual undertone to it? For d records, i believe in GOD alone.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Thepasserby(m): 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Mumben:
right from when i was younger,whenever i am d first to patronise a hawker, d person makes a lot of sales n comes home early, my neighbours who know abt it wil beckon on me to collect money from d first customer n giv to them so dt they can make huge sales on dt day. Right now, if i go to buy somtin frm a shop, d moment i step into d shop, within some seconds, people will start coming to buy tins as well.my question is this... Why is this so? Nd how can i benefit frm it? Is there a spiritual undertone to it? For d records, i believe in GOD alone.

It may be spiritual. Let's see what the Bible has to say about it.

From the time that he made him overseer in his house and over all that he had, the Lord blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; the blessing of the Lord was on all that he had, in house and field. Gen 39:5(ESV)

My mum is also such a person who has a blessing attached to her hands. I think you are a promise carrier and should serve as a source of blessing unto others.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Mumben(f): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thepasserby:

From the time that he made him overseer in his house and over all that he had, the Lord blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; the blessing of the Lord was on all that he had, in house and field. Gen 39:5(ESV)

My mum is also such a person who has a blessing attached to her hands. I think you are a promise carrier and should serve as a source of blessing unto others.
thanks
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thepasserby:

I don't believe God exists, but same thing happens to me. Whenever I patronize a trader as his first customer for the day, the trader makes lots of sales that day. I have been told this on few occasions. Same also happens with my dad.

I have never lacked anything I wanted in my life, and I mean this literally. Everything always works in my favor. Wherever I go, people just seem to like me. Basically everyone who meets me wants to be my friend.

Some people just have an aura about them that brings good luck. It doesn't have anything to do with christianity or God.

1 Like

Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Thepasserby(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaahaha.. have you read about Temperament? From your speech, you are a sanguine just like me. Concerning God, Yes He doesn't exist. He really exists. Ask me Any question about God and I will answer you not as a Christian Or Muslim but as a fellow human. I can connect with you on Any level you want Or prefer.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by obinna58(m): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
Mumben:
. Me too my own own case worst pass if I sight any shop the person will start making a lot of sales still trying to figure out why

2 Likes

Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
Why are atheists so desperate to spread their gospel?

Isn't it obvious that this thread isn't meant for the atheists?
The op specifically said he believes in God alone!

Grizzlybear, please explain to us via scientific terms what an AURA is.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

The aura I used in my sentence was a metaphor. But still, if you want a literal understanding about auras, google isn't too far away.

2 Likes

Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

The aura I used in my sentence was a metaphor. But still, if you want a literal understanding about auras, google isn't too far away.

I want the literal aura, and I want it from you as an atheist.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

What does the literal definition of aura have to do with atheism?

2 Likes

Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Thepasserby(m): 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

There is No need to have a brawl over this. Arguing doesn't Make you better, it leaves you bitter.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Lucasiangrey: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
Mumben:
your first and third question may not attract correct answers,(i mean answers that you can objectively critique without the interference of presuppositions and conclude ,yeah!,it's true).to your second question;helping others prosper and be happy is a gain for you already,don't you think?.someone may observe it some day and reward you.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2016
Thepasserby:

There is No need to have a brawl over this. Arguing doesn't Make you better, it leaves you bitter.

Brawl? Nah! I don't do brawls.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

What does the literal definition of aura have to do with atheism?

I want to know your perspective on the concept...and that is for you using it to describe your experience...

I need you to do two things:

1. You actually agreed to have a similar experience as the OP and yours even seem deeper and more intense. Now, I want you to explain this experience of yours and the OP, using scientific and logical means, because to me, I seem to be of the opinion that the said experience defies logic and scientific proof, but if you can clear that opinion of mine, that would be fine. That is to say, demonstrate this experience in a scientific way to show that it is very normal.

2. You used the word AURA in the context of your experience, which even the OP didn't use it. Even though OP believes in God, yet he appeared to be devoid of any explanation to his experience, whereas you sounded confident and knowledgeable about that experience. So, now explain to me the significance of the word AURA as regards your experience.

Thank you.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:31am On Nov 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I don't believe God exists, but same thing happens to me. Whenever I patronize a trader as his first customer for the day, the trader makes lots of sales that day. I have been told this on few occasions. Same also happens with my dad.

I have never lacked anything I wanted in my life, and I mean this literally. Everything always works in my favor. Wherever I go, people just seem to like me. Basically everyone who meets me wants to be my friend.

Some people just have an aura about them that brings good luck. It doesn't have anything to do with christianity or God.

Please shed more light on the bolded....
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Lucasiangrey: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

I want to know your perspective on the concept...and that is for you using it to describe your experience...

I need you to do two things:

1. You actually agreed to have a similar experience as the OP and yours even seem deeper and more intense. Now, I want you to explain this experience of yours and the OP, using scientific and logical means, because to me, I seem to be of the opinion that the said experience defies logic and scientific proof, but if you can clear that opinion of mine, that would be fine. That is to say, demonstrate this experience in a scientific way to show that it is very normal.
this is just the basis of theism;they need urgent answers and they believe all the answers to any question one might have is somewhere and of course religion seem to them as perfect source for answers that hinges on belief.but science develops answers with time.so questions that doesn't have answers today may do in time to come.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by jonbellion(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
You
LaClicKLaBenDin:

you must always spiritualize everything Mr man

2 Likes

Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lucasiangrey:
this is just the basis of theism;they need urgent answers and they believe all the answers to any question one might have is somewhere and of course religion seem to them as perfect source for answers that hinges on belief.but science develops answers with time.so questions that doesn't have answers today may do in time to come.

This question was directed to someone, based on his own statements.

You can take up the challenge, if you think you're up to it, but I can bet you that what you just said above is what all you atheists will say to these questions.

Please, you're free to move on if you don't have answers.
The question wasn't directed to you by the way.

If science does not have answers to every question and yet you accept and dismiss any subject matter based on science, what are you then? What does that make you?

It is convenient not believe in the supernatural or spiritual, yet you can believe that your patronage of someone can induce others to patronise the person for no logical reason. Is this not against the logic you preach? Or is it now selective?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
jonbellion:
You you must always spiritualize everything Mr man

Lol...Jonbellion.....

I'm a spiritual man, that's why I spiritualize everything.
Brother, if you have seen what I have seen, and know what I know about spiritual matter, you go even worse pass me for spirituality.

grin grin grin
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Thepasserby(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
please let's not get the Op more confused than He was before posting this. If you want to argue facts, just hit the *create new topic* button and you can have the whole page to yourselves. Answer the Op's question or hold your peace.

No offence though. Sorry if I sound rude...
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Lucasiangrey: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

This question was directed to someone, based on his own statements.

You can take up the challenge, if you think you're up to it, but I can bet you that what you just said above is what all you atheists will say to these questions.

Please, you're free to move on if you don't have answers.
The question wasn't directed to you by the way.

If science does not have answers to every question and yet you accept and dismiss any subject matter based on science, what are you then? What does that make you?
to be clear;i am not an atheist.i was just trying to let you know you don't understand how science work or may be you do but dropped the search for truth and try to drive the atheists down the blank of their belief.you know you can always be driven down the blank of your belief too(like where god is from).so what's the point in challenging your ideas? ...just study and learn from the bible and live well .
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lucasiangrey:
to be clear;i am not an atheist.i was just trying to let you know you don't understand how science work or may be you do but dropped the search for truth and try to drive the atheists down the blank of their belief.you know you can always be driven down the blank of your belief too(like where god is from).so what's the point in challenging your ideas? ...just study and learn from the bible and live well .

I know a whole lot about science, because I am very open minded when it comes to learning and delving into new areas or bodies of knowledge, yet I believe in God unwaveringly.

Well, I understand, but you can't drive me down the blank. I base the totality of my belief on God and His word which is the Bible and it gives me answers to every question about God, even if science and atheist do not agree with those answers. But the atheists root their beliefs on science, and science obviously doesn't have an answer to all questions.

I'm just trying to point out something from all the questions I asked him, not because I am trying to challenge his belief or ideas.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Niflheim(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
@Mumben,

If this thing used to happen when you were small, then it is likely that you were a very cute and cuddly little kid as a child!!! Humans respond to "cute" and "cuddly"!!!

But since it is still happening to you as an adult, it could be that everyone wants to subconciously associate with you!!! It could be your hair, your clothes(fashion sense) or the way you carry yourself about(the walk and the talk)!!!

As for gods, they have absolutely nothing to do with it!!! We live in a physical/material/emotional and psychological world and everything that happened to you, can be explained in these 4 terms!!!
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Mumben(f): 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
i appreciate you all for ur inputs, keep d explanations coming.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by dorox(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Mumben:

Anybody can make the claim above it doesn't ake it true. I am very sceptical of the ops claim until he can provide some form of proof.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Mumben(f): 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
dorox:

Anybody can make the claim above it doesn't ake it true. I am very sceptical of the ops claim until he can provide some form of proof.
my dear, why shud i make up somtin as this? What do i stand to gain? Well i hve notin to prove to u. U either take it or leave it. Lastly, i am a she not a he
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Emusan(m): 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Can you provide a proof or an evidence for this please?
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Emusan(m): 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
Niflheim:
@Mumben,

If this thing used to happen when you were small, then it is likely that you were a very cute and cuddly little kid as a child!!! Humans respond to "cute" and "cuddly"!!!

But since it is still happening to you as an adult, it could be that everyone wants to subconciously associate with you!!! [size=14pt]It could be your hair, your clothes(fashion sense) or the way you carry yourself about(the walk and the talk)!!![/size]

As for gods, they have absolutely nothing to do with it!!! We live in a physical/material/emotional and psychological world and everything that happened to you, can be explained in these 4 terms!!!

This Atheist won't kill somebody with laugh and this is one of the people who always claims to possess the highest rationality over the religious ones.

Please is she the only one that possesses all these attributes
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Emusan(m): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
dorox:

Good, in fact I'm enjoying this show!
One Atheist called GrizzlyBear made the same claim but I'm waiting for his proof.
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Emusan:

Can you provide a proof or an evidence for this please?

Evidence of what exactly? Evidence of traders and store owners telling me that whenever I am their first customer they get high sales that day, or evidence of good luck and serendipity? How does one provide evidence for this kind of thing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Evidence of what exactly? Evidence of traders and store owners telling me that whenever I am their first customer they get high sales that day, or evidence of good luck and serendipity? How does one provide evidence for this kind of thing?

Chairman, you haven't answered my queries..
Re: Please House, I Need Explanations For This by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
Niflheim:
@Mumben,

But since it is still happening to you as an adult, it could be that everyone wants to subconciously associate with you!!! It could be your hair, your clothes(fashion sense) or the way you carry yourself about(the walk and the talk)!!!

Please, what explanation have you given to the OP based on the 4 terms you listed.

All that I can see are many "it could be".

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Tower Of Babel - Discussion Thread / Jesus And Christian Symbology / Question For m_nwankwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.