Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,312 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter (443 Views)

Pastors Any Explanations On This Because I'm Confused / Birds Following Me, I Need Some Explanations / An Evaluation Of Atum's Revelation On Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Adekdammy: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2017
EXPLANATIONS ON JESUS AND THE CROSS MATTER

The Holy Quran (chapter 4 verse 157) shows that:

i) Some people actually planned to crucify Jesus but God foiled the plan;

Fallacy, how will the person that came hundreds of years later know more than those who witnessed what happened and wrote it down?

ii) People who says that Jesus was crucified are not sure of what they say, to confirm what is contained in the Quran that those who claim that Jesus was crucified are not sure of what they say, let us use the Bible to raise and answer some questions on the cross issue:
we are sure of what we say because he died by crucifixion and rose on the third day.
1 corinthians 15:4, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

1. Who carried the cross of Jesus to Golgotha?
a) Jesus carried the cross (John 19 : 17)
b) Simon of Cyrene carried the cross(Mark 15:21-22).
These are two different accounts, John's and Mark's account, understand that while they were both writing their accounts, it's possible some words could have been missing, no two same person can write the same story they witnessed. The bottom line is that, Jesus was crucified.

2. Which of the two thieves that was crucified along with Jesus made jest of him?
a) The two thieves made jest of him (Mathew 27 :44)
b) Only one thief made jest of him (Luke 23:39)

it is very possible, they both made jest of him and one decided to repent later.

3. Judas repented after he had given Jesus unto enemies, what then became of the thirty silver coins earlier received by Judas?
a) Judas threw down the coins in the temple before the high priest and the high priest used it to buy a large piece of land to be used as burial ground for strangers(Mathew 27 :6-7)
b) Judas spent the money to buy certain portion of land for himself (Act 1:16)

By putting the two accounts of Judas' death together we get a clearer idea of what happened. Both events are true, but they did not happen at the same time.

Matthew writes that Judas "hanged himself." Luke explains what happened later, after Judas' body began to decompose. The corpse slipped from the rope, "falling headlong, . . . burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out"—the ignominious, yet deserved end of "the son of perdition" (John 17:12).

4. How did Judas die?
a) he hanged himself (Mathew 27 :5)
b)he fell from a high place, his bowel split open and he died (Act 1 :18)
Matthew writes that Judas "hanged himself." Luke explains what happened later, after Judas' body began to decompose. The corpse slipped from the rope, "falling headlong, . . . burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out"—the ignominious, yet deserved end of "the son of perdition" (John 17:12).

Imagine if you are a Bible Quiz master and some of the above questions are asked during the Quiz Competition, which of the available two answers for each of the question will you accept as the right answer in each case?

The answers are correct

The scriptures say in 2corithians 3:6b, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Maranatha...He cometh soon.
Re: Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Positiveminds(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
I feel that whoever wrote this is either naive or out to disparage Christians. The accounts of Jesus Christ and the Cross are not in conflict with any known literature. The fact that different people compiled what they experienced at the time means there were bound to be minor differences in narration. They all, however, echo the central message that Jesus Christ actually died. He carried the cross, was mocked at by a villain and he died. He rose again for the justification of those who believe.

The idea of attacking other peoples' faith is the certain reason for violence in the world today. I candidly advise that you serve your Allah the way you deem it fit, leave Christians to serve their God and Jesus Christ as they believe. Religious tolerance is the only major solution to a hateful society.

IF YOUR ALLAH IS GOD, LET HIM FIGHT FOR HIMSELF. IF JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, LET HIM DEFEND HIS NAME IN THE LIVES OF HIS FOLLOWERS.

Shalom!
Re: Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Adekdammy: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
Positiveminds:
I feel that whoever wrote this is either naive or out to disparage Christians. The accounts of Jesus Christ and the Cross are not in conflict with any known literature. The fact that different people compiled what they experienced at the time means there were bound to be minor differences in narration. They all, however, echo the central message that Jesus Christ actually died. He carried the cross, was mocked at by a villain and he died. He rose again for the justification of those who believe.

The idea of attacking other peoples' faith is the certain reason for violence in the world today. I candidly advise that you serve your Allah the way you deem it fit, leave Christians to serve their God and Jesus Christ as they believe. Religious tolerance is the only major solution to a hateful society.

IF YOUR ALLAH IS GOD, LET HIM FIGHT FOR HIMSELF. IF JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, LET HIM DEFEND HIS NAME IN THE LIVES OF HIS FOLLOWERS.

Shalom!

I was shocked when i saw it on front page ad we cant respond to it because one needs ro recite.....we keep praying for them to see the light. Jesus is the light.
Re: Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Prognose: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is very unfair to the Christian religion.

Maybe you should join glorifiedtunde here

https://www.nairaland.com/4071652/petition-against-religious-insensitivity-nairaland

This was my observation this morning. I think Mr. Seun has been threatened/blackmailed.

https://www.nairaland.com/4071574/mr-seun-why-dont-christians
Re: Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Prognose: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Christian Must Not Borrow / God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love / Understanding The Ways Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.