Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom (22295 Views)

PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Visits Sultan Of Sokoto / Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport / Ortom Launches The Construction Of Cargo Airport In Benue State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by middlebelter(m): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2016
angry
Progressive01:
I've not said i'm omenka so yall should put a lid on that bullshiit.

That said, Ortom is just as confused as they come (apologies to Kyase). He should be more concerned about fixing rural roads whuch are in terrible state of disrepair, like the Achoho-Oju road. Drive down that road once and you end up at the mechanic's spending a fortune fixing your car, and there are dozens other such roads in the state.

Let him fix the roads, fix the state workers salaries and then prepare to retire to running Oracle group of companies from 2019, because no one is gonna retain him in the government house.

Edit:

You see what we keep saying here. The ignorance of some members of this forum is simply appalling. Some idiotic miscreants who never venture out of their immediate surroundings sit their ignorant bum in front of their first generation symbian abacus phones and type crap all over the net. They imagine Benue state is predominantly Muslim or Hausa while these people don't even make up to 1% of the state population.

The only place you can find a good number of indegenous Muslims in the state is the Agatu axis- just about all Muslims in the state are "immigrants" (if I'd call them that).

Someone tell these kids that the world is a lot bigger and intricate than they imagine. They should learn to go out every once in a while to interact with outsiders- it would do their brains a whole world of good.

You are really very angry. grin I think part of the benefits of a forum like nairaland is to properly educate fellow county men about our diversity as a country. Indeed part of the challenges we are facing today emanates from inadequate information about our country. Like you mentioned, many young men and women in Lagos does not know that Christians are majority in Benue, Plateau and Taraba state, and that states like Niger, Kogi and Nasarawa have almost 50-50 xtains and Muslim population despite being labelled as Northerners. Just like some youth from SS and SE, believe that it is the conspiracy of the Yoruba in SW that made PMB to defeat GEJ. They fail to realise that the same SW, voted enmass for GEJ in 2011 and that the election in 2015 shared between GEJ and PMB. More than any region in this country, it was the SW votes that was most fractionalized. Indicating that both GEJ and PMB have considerable followers.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by kindklemz(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
Sultan seems to have forgotten his area of jurisdiction.
What's the connection there? Benue state for Benue and friends of Benue.
Sultan should concentrate his effort on Affairs that bother the caliphate.
Both Sultan and the Journalist that asked him the question concerning Benue state are ignorant.
Or was he taking ortom for ottman?
Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by payosehtor(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
I think the blame should be squarely on the journalist that asked the sultan (a political) question on Benue state. what an irrelevant question to the sultanist.what fellowship has Benue state with the sultan if I may ask? that journalist is very stupid
Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by kedeojo(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
wellmax:

So Dangote employed only people from Kano right. These people with their thinking sef

You see noting good in the project just because of hatred. You didn't see the cargo port becoming a reference point in that region? Na waa oo
You mean the airforce airstrip be used for cargo too. I give up.
I wonder oh, how can a defence outfit be used as cargo to carry goods. After they will say Buhari has no certificate. Look what a person with certificate said. I am said severally that most of our youths are worse than our elders. D only problem I will have with Ortom is when he didn't build it in record time and not delaying it to campaign for re-election. Benue state is d food basket of the nation and a lot of different crop is been cultivated massively there, so getting a cargo airport will bring economic improvement for d, it will also reduced storage in the sense that those crop who got spoilt because of shortage storage capacity will b minimal and with this the farmers will always have reasonable profit. It will also reduce pressure on highways cos a lot of people in southern nigeria transport crop bought from there to their various sales point on daily basis. He should open rural roads too to make the goods easier to transport from their various farm.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by payosehtor(m): 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
Even if criticism is vital for democracy or governance, I make bold to say most of the critical comments here against gov Ortom concerning the said project is neither relevant or needed.we should give our elected leaders the benefit of the doubt as befits leaders who knows the temper of times and the decision they dreamed right. The SW farmers started exporting raw cassava to the UK as far back as yr 2001 cuz they have sea port in Lagos. let's leave it there jor. anybody that has any constructive criticism should including that sultan should direct it to his state. allow Ortom.
Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by keche7(f): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ortom is only looking for an avenue to enrich himself. He is not able to pay workers their salaries, then how will he be able handle the cargo airport?
Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by ojinuocheibi(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
PaulIdu:
This Orton is clearly a very short sighted man ..he wont achieve anything useful for that state in 8 years
na you want give am eight years?
Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by Bjergtrolde: 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
... and EFCC say what?
Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by Lilymax(f): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2016
baybeeboi:

He is Igede, and as it is, igedes does not know their left from their right in benue, they'd rather support an Igbo man to be Governor of Benue than support Tiv or Idoma.

That is why he is protesting for Tinubu in Lagos.
Its very unfair for u to say that about Igede people.Do u even know anything about US?
Re: Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom by baybeeboi: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2016
Lilymax:

Its very unfair for u to say that about Igede people.Do u even know anything about US?

Apologies, my sweet beautiful chocolate vanilla ice-cream lady.

I really shouldnt av generalised, i was only trying to get back at d dude for an earlier insult, i apologise again.

Well, yes, i know Igede is made up of 3 Local Governments, Obi, oju and the other.
Igede is a minority tribe in Benue.
Igede produced the only man who went from being a deputy Governor to being a councillor (may his soul rest in peace)

I have alot of Igedd friends, so i apologise again. I like d way ur profile is decorated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Let’s Unite To Defeat Buhari – Kwankwaso To Saraki, Atiku, Others / Kayode Ogundamisi Caught Lying About Atiku Flirting With Adamawa PDP Women Leade / Nobody Can Stop #EndSARS Anniversary Protest – Sowore Dares Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.