Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule (6393 Views)

Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari / Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns / Lagos State Insists It Has Oil, Releases Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by EmeeNaka: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
Whenever a Northerner speak, you will know. The North want to share their resources with Biafrans but whenever Northerners got opportunity, they burn down all properties of Biafrans in their domain. The resources in Biafra land are being controlled annoyingly by Northerners without due inclusion of Biafrans. Even in sharing the earnings from resources in Biafra land,the north takes the lion share. After doing all these,how can they convince Biafrans that they want to stay together with them and share their(Northern) resources with Biafrans?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by ak47mann(m): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
bonechamberlain:
undecided zik really made a great mistake, he Carried one Nigeria on his head more than even Lord luggard.
Maitama sule doesn't want Nigeria to break because he wants to share the resources of the north with others. undecided nonsense talk.

People keep talking about how Scotland vote to stay with Britain, how there is E.U and co, but they forget that despite the quest to breakaway there is mass prosperity and development in those areas, people voted to stay or to unite because they saw reasons to stay and they were given the opportunity to decide.

What is the reason to stay as a united Nigeria, let the government give the citizens the chance to decide whether to stay or not.

undecided
Thank you when comparing UK with Nigeria is like comparing darkness and light.I been to Nigeria and Scotland the capital Edinburg is 1billion times developed than Abuja and living standard on both sides will be laughable in comparison.people in Nigeria are not expose they are living in a backward society,Nigeria is only a country u see poverty walking with high heels cool

3 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Cooly100: 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:

In as much as I am not an advocate of the current system of government in Nigeria, neither am I in support of secession. But what I find intriguing in all these, why were the igbo silent about biafra during Gej administration but immediately remember biafra when he lost the election?

Well, the reason I posted my first comment you quoted was because, on these forum igbo always call Yoruba slave because of policy alignment. And I am just trying to emphasize what sule said about the alliance between hausa and igbos parties back in the 60's

You definitely don't live in Nigeria. It is either you are terribly ignorant or simply mischievous...Igbos have always wanted Biafra, but Buhari aggravated it...just like he worsen it, by his $29.96 loan on projects, where he ignored the SE...See>>>>

500 persons arrested as Biafra Zionist Movement declares Biafra Republic By Ameh Comrade Godwin on November 6, 2012

http://dailypost.ng/2012/11/06/500-persons-arrested-biafra-zionist-movement-declares-biafra-republic/

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Allsouls: 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:

In as much as I am not an advocate of the current system of government in Nigeria, neither am I in support of secession. But what I find intriguing in all these, why were the igbo silent about biafra during Gej administration but immediately remember biafra when he lost the election?

Well, the reason I posted my first comment you quoted was because, on these forum igbo always call Yoruba slave because of policy alignment. And I am just trying to emphasize what sule said about the alliance between hausa and igbos parties back in the 60's

Your wrong since 1999 Biafra agitation has been on.
Biafrans are not silent and can never be silent in any regime until Biafra is restored.
In 1999 during Obj regime was massob of which thats the group that started the agitation openly.
Radio Biafra london made its first broadcast in 2004/2005 under massob by this same young man the Ohamadike gburugburu 1 of Igboland, (Namdi Kanu) before it was shut down do financial issues.
During Gej regime Namdi KANU revived radio Biafra under ipob.
People didn't know much about the group then only those interested in Biafra know and it has been broadcasting since then till date .
Buhari can and made it known to every body in nigeria and the whole world by arresting Nnamdi KANU.
Gej use brain to run away from problem because he know about the radio but buhari used mumu brain and fall into trap and pit.

3 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by PeaceOut(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
Cooly100:

You definitely don't live in Nigeria. It is either you are terribly ignorant or simply mischievous...Igbos have always wanted Biafra, but Buhari aggravated it...just like he worsen it, by his $29.96 loan on projects, where he ignored the SE...See>>>>

500 persons arrested as Biafra Zionist Movement declares Biafra Republic By Ameh Comrade Godwin on November 6, 2012

http://dailypost.ng/2012/11/06/500-persons-arrested-biafra-zionist-movement-declares-biafra-republic/

Buhari aggravated it by simply defeating your adopted son in the person of Gej right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by PeaceOut(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Allsouls:

Your wrong since 1999 Biafra agitation has been on.
Biafrans are not silent and can never be silent in any regime until Biafra is restored.
In 1999 during Obj regime was massob of which thats the group that started the agitation openly.
Radio Biafra london made its first broadcast in 2004/2005 under massob by this same young man the Ohamadike gburugburu 1 of Igboland, (Namdi Kanu) before it was shut down do financial issues.
During Gej regime Namdi KANU revived radio Biafra under ipob.
People didn't know much about the group then only those interested in Biafra know and it has been broadcasting since then till date .
Buhari can and made it known to every body in nigeria and the whole world by arresting Nnamdi KANU.
Gej use brain to run away from problem because he know about the radio but buhari used mumu brain and fall into trap and pit.

That was why I said silent. the momentum the biafra agitation is taken now is simply different from what has been in the past.

Please mellow down on the name calling

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Cooly100: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:

Buhari aggravated it by simply defeating your adopted son in the person of Gej right?

You were given an answer and you have turned it into clowning...Well, suit yourself...You can believe whatever you want...Do you support the $29.96 billion loan and its usage?

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by PeaceOut(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
Cooly100:

You were given an answer and you have turned it into clowning...Well, suit yourself...You can believe whatever you want...Do you support the $29.96 billion loan and its usage?

Yes I was given an ignorant and myopic answer . Have you check the breakdown of the proposed project that will be loan will be used for?

Yes I support the loan.

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Cooly100: 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:

Yes I was given an ignorant and myopic answer . Have you check the breakdown of the proposed project that will be loan will be used for?

Yes I support the loan.

Yes, I have seen the break down. We don't like it and our representatives don't like it...and they have made contacts...This is the type of wickedness that is fanning the clamor for Biafra...

Set your wickedness apart...Can you swear that if 2nd Niger bridge were to be located in Kaduna or Kano...that the central government wouldn't have borrowed to rebuild it...decades ago? Where did they find £1.2 billion to construct Abuja-Kaduna rail system..? Evil doesn't last...Goodness overtakes it at the end...

3 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by gidgiddy: 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
Why would a Northerner want to be with the Igbo man? Why? We dont have any historical connection, we dont have any shared value system, we dont eat the same food, we have nothing in common.

So why does the Notherner want to do 'one nigeria' with Igbos?

4 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by PeaceOut(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
Cooly100:

Yes, I have seen the break down. We don't like it and our representatives don't like it...and they have made contacts...This is the type of wickedness that is fanning the clamor for Biafra...

Set your wickedness apart...Can you swear that if 2nd Niger bridge were to be located in Kaduna or Kano...that the central government wouldn't have borrowed to rebuild it...decades ago? Where did they find £1.2 billion to construct Abuja-Kaduna rail system..? Evil doesn't last...Goodness overtakes it at the end...

The second Niger bridge is important to the igbo just as the Lagos-ibadan is the important the west yet nothing was done until these administration came on board. Though Gej administration started the project just like previous govt before them yet they couldn't complete it. We hope Buhari administration complete that road.

Another thing is this, I can't blame the northern for the selfishness of our southern leaders, each state in the federation has senator's and house of Rep members yet we don't feel their impact when it comes to bringing development to our region.

Some month ago, it was in the media that Lagos calabar rail was remove from the budget while Lagos - Kano rail was padded yet our so called political leaders were silent. This is just one of so many examples.

So Bros, even if biafra is achieved, if you don't start holding your leader's accountable your region won't be any better just like it not better than other region now.

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by bonechamberlain(m): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
ak47mann:
Thank you when comparing UK with Nigeria is like comparing darkness and light.I been to Nigeria and Scotland the capital Edinburg is 1billion times developed than Abuja and living standard on both sides will be laughable in comparison.people in Nigeria are not expose they are living in a backward society,Nigeria is only a country u see poverty walking with high heels cool
u have said it all, people always make unnecessary and irrelevant comparison to suite their evil wish

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by jahsharon: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:
The NPC represents the North; it is more than half of the country in size and population. If you did that, you will elbow out the North and the North might think of breaking away from the country. They told Zik, “Look you were in the forefront for the struggle of the independence of the country and you wanted an independent , united Nigeria. If you did this , you will be breaking up Nigeria. That was not your wish.” And Zik did the right thing, he agreed to enter into alliance with the NPC.

I hope my brother's from the East can read that statement clearly without bias. Igbo's were the first to ethnic group to form an alliance with the north and not the West has our Eastern brother's will want younger generation to believe.

Why are you reminding them this? They know already, they are just used to lieing to themselves and their generations unborn. I am not interested in whatever lies they tell their children's children but if they do anyhow, they will see anyhow. As a Yoruba man, I reserve the right to form alliance with whosoever I like and I don't need approval of any region before I form my alliance even with your enemy. Ibos are enemies to Yorubas. Ibos are enemies to Hausas. Ibos are enemies to Fulanis, Ibos are enemies to Ijaws. Ibos are enemies to Kanuris. Ibos are enemies to Tivs. Ibos are enemies to Igalas. Why always Ibos?

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Allsouls: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:

Your still wrong during gej regime especially campaign period KANU talk against gej he even said biafrans should boycott the election.
its buhari that brought the ant infested fire wood upon him self by trying to block radio Biafra and arresting KANU.
So Buhari is the architect of his problem.
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by PeaceOut(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
Allsouls:

Your still wrong during gej regime especially campaign period KANU talk against gej he even said biafrans should boycott the election.
its buhari that brought the ant infested fire wood upon him self by trying to block radio Biafra and arresting KANU.
So Buhari is the architect of his problem.

Buhari did what any leader will do in such circumstances. How can a group of people call their country a zoo and encourage violent through provocative statement. It not done bro, the fact that Gej choose to ignore due to whatever reason he has doesn't mean buhari should follow his precedent.

In these case, kanu is the architect of problem

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by PeaceOut(m): 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
jahsharon:

Why are you reminding them this? They know already, they are just used to lieing to themselves and their generations unborn. I am not interested in whatever lies they tell their children's children but if they do anyhow, they will see anyhow. As a Yoruba man, I reserve the right to form alliance with whosoever I like and I don't need approval of any region before I form my alliance even with your enemy. Ibos are enemies to Yorubas. Ibos are enemies to Hausas. Ibos are enemies to Fulanis, Ibos are enemies to Ijaws. Ibos are enemies to Kanuris. Ibos are enemies to Tivs. Ibos are enemies to Igalas. Why always Ibos?

I was only trying to educate the ignorant ones among them not those that deliberate rewrite history to suit their victims mentality.

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
Cooly100:

Now they have decided they don't want the alliance again...So why calling them Bia-fraud!!! tongue
You say they have decided?? but Who decided?? is it the touts in the streets that always protest or the leadership of the south east who are suppose to be the mouth piece of Biafra... The people screaming biafrs are the hungry people trust me, the average ibo man doesnt care about Biafra.. I have many Ibo friends whenever i talk aboug Biafra they just tell me shut up its dead. I realized that the people clamouring for Biafra are the downtrodden, the ones that are tired of how things are being run in the nation, the youth, the vulnerable et al. I have toured umuahia, port harcourt, aba and asaba so am talking from experience. if Nigerians gets everything right, there wouldnt be a need for Biafra. Meni like everyone irrespective of where u from, how u look like or what you do. Lets pray that Nigeria finds its feet. One Love

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Allsouls: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:

That was why I said silent. the momentum the biafra agitation is taken now is simply different from what has been in the past.

Please mellow down on the name calling

It has been the same the different is just that buhari made the group popular.
Their was a mass protest/match in okigwe axis during Obj & achike udenwa regime that they kill hundreds of massobians.
The other is that people are see that what the young man was saying has started happening and some that has been on the fence know join.
So it remain the same way of evangelising, radio and protest.
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Allsouls: 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Justdulla:

You say they have decided?? but Who decided?? is it the touts in the streets that always protest or the leadership of the south east who are suppose to be the mouth piece of Biafra... The people screaming biafrs are the hungry people trust me, the average ibo man doesnt care about Biafra.. I have many Ibo friends whenever i talk aboug Biafra they just tell me shut up its dead. I realized that the people clamouring for Biafra are the downtrodden, the ones that are tired of how things are being run in the nation, the youth, the vulnerable et al. I have toured umuahia, port harcourt, aba and asaba so am talking from experience. if Nigerians gets everything right, there wouldnt be a need for Biafra. Meni like everyone irrespective of where u from, how u look like or what you do. Lets pray that Nigeria finds its feet. One Love

You may call them touts on they street but they remain the majority, not criminals in the name of politicians or the ohaneze ndi oshi na ndi ama.
So they should conduct referendum let know who is majority.

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by PeaceOut(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
Allsouls:

It has been the same the different is just that buhari made the group popular.
Their was a mass protest/match in okigwe axis during Obj & achike udenwa regime that they kill hundreds of massobians.
The other is that people are see that what the young man was saying has started happening and some that has been on the fence know join.
So it remain the same way of evangelising, radio and protest.

Okay oooooooooooo

Wish the movement all the best.
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by izombie(m): 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wetin vex me pass for this interview na when the interviewer asked about biafrans making noise. Noise ke. That interviewer must be an afonja.

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
redsceptic:
The old baboon spewing trash again.

It is gradually dawning on the northern feudal cabal that separation is inevitable; hence they are scurrying out of their holes and panicking for a solution. Dont bother yourself Alhaji. It is only a matter of time.

Prepare to pack and go your way! We the southerners dont want again. Is it by force?
Yes one Nigeria is by force. That's why each and every time you chose to oppose it, you get the bullet. One Nigeria forever!
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by OreMI22: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=13pt]Sule,
Please stop the nonsense!

The northerners neither likes Biafra nor any southern tribe.

The northern nigeria are only using "Unity" as a smokescreen to continue robbing the south of their oil resources in order to develop the north.

Let the north give the 100% oil wealth back to the Niger Delta where it belongs and then speak of "Unity". grin grin grin grin grin grin

Truth be said, without oil wealth stolen from the south, the north will secede immediately from Nigeria!
-FACT ![/size]

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Wristler: 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
petsam11:
Elder statesman, Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule in this interview speaks on the state of the nation. He remarked that the true story of the Civil War in the country was yet to be told. He spoke on the recent efforts by some people in the South-east to resurrect the Biafra Republic, saying they would not succeed.

[size=16pt][b]In 1959, after the Independence elections, no one party had the overall majority to enable it form the government alone. But NPC had more seats than either of the two parties, Action Group or NCNC. People started talking or urging the two southern parties, Action Group and NCNC, to form an alliance. If they did, they would be able to form a government. But some well-meaning people waded into the crisis. They said look, if you do that, you will elbow out the North. The NPC represents the North; it is more than half of the country in size and population. If you did that, you will elbow out the North and the North might think of breaking away from the country. They told Zik, “Look you were in the forefront for the struggle of the independence of the country and you wanted an independent , united Nigeria. If you did this , you will be breaking up Nigeria. That was not your wish.” And Zik did the right thing, he agreed to enter into alliance with the NPC.

He agreed to surrender the prime ministership with the executive power to the NPC. [/b][/size] 

http://africanfreepress.com/we-have-oil-diamond-and-gold-but-i-want-us-in-the-north-to-remain-with-biafrans-maitama-sule/#.WDBtiTjLfHx

Gradually and sooner, the young generation and the generation yet to exist will know who since inception fvcked the South up and who were the slaves to the North.
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by payosehtor(m): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
jahsharon:

Ibos or Igbos are enemies to every BODY in short.

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by payosehtor(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
PeaceOut:

Buhari did what any leader will do in such circumstances. How can a group of people call their country a zoo and encourage violent through provocative statement. It not done bro, the fact that Gej choose to ignore due to whatever reason he has doesn't mean buhari should follow his precedent.

In these case, kanu is the architect of problem
KANU IS a caged Animal in the zool. Igbos frequent there for tourism every day

1 Like

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by centboy123456(m): 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
Cooly100:

...better sell that your small house in Jalingo and go home. If you are beheaded...don't blame anybody...

Abeg help me tell me am one nigeria my foot
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Allsouls: 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
Justdulla:

I don't understand how people reason, people you call jobless or tout or what ever are spending millions of dollars for the radio, app, legal payments, hospital bills of the wounded one etc.
if they are jobless then you know that every body in nigeria are jobless including buhari.

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Allsouls: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
payosehtor:
Ibos or Igbos are enemies to every BODY in short.

Will you wine and eat with your enemy, if Igbo's are every bodies or tribes enemy allow them to go

2 Likes

Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by Allsouls: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
payosehtor:
KANU IS a caged Animal in the zool. Igbos frequent there for tourism every day

onya ga ama ozo mana ozo ga ala.
so one day the cage will fall & he will be free.
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by OMAR12: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
EVarn:
To quell agitation for Biafra,the FG must give special consideration to the SE.To be frank,that region is in a mess and their leaders are simply too selfish to make use of the little they have to transform the region.

Also,the Igbo people should sit up and play politics that is geared towards populist interest.Not the current house-boy politics they are playing.
the thing is if u take a look at the background of most politician for the east. they are not educated go thru their history, the educated ones are not the ones in power. they simply shy away from it.
Re: North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule by prince985(m): 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ngozi123:
What savage mentality! A civilised and democratic country shouldn't even have to think about war when the question of secession arises. Nigeria is not and never has been a democracy.
exactly
but u c, d only language nigeria understands is d language of violence
d only reason buhari is now gathering Niger Delta elders iz because of d work of Avengers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Asks FG To Grant Amnesty To Treasury Looters / SCAM ALERT: Relief Disbursement Collation Form / Electoral Bill: Senators Dissolve Into Closed-door Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.