Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label (36706 Views)

Banks Music: Reekado Banks Floats His Own Record Label After Leaving Don Jazzy / Harrysong Signs Lami Phillips To Alter Plate Music / Harrysong Deletes Alter-plate Info From His Social Media Acc, Puts Five Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by tiepo: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
Qmerit:
After the reggea play the blues!
Common sense bro
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
ychris:
MMG?
Its under Warner Bros

4 Likes

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Frozeen(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
Every artistes want to have his own record label.... Who will sign who

3 Likes

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by k4kings(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
No more boy boy.... Hustle on your own jare nd become H money

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
must all Nigerian musician own a record label d way I'm seeing it, in d next 10years record labels will flood d street jst like church's ....and someone might even name he's record label Change of buhari... who knows

4 Likes

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Qmerit(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
tiepo:

Common sense bro

Common sense like how bro?
I don't get it?

1 Like

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Miles300: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
Some of the artiste cannot learn to be patient and learn before they decide to break out , wat is it about the contract , they av made u who u are now be grateful wit that , wait till ur current ends then u can negotiate if they don't meet ur terms u walk away .. If u feel ur contract need modification cos of ur success u approach them for it ... We should learn to be grateful to people that has been of help !!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Adiwana: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Nigerians floating label anyhow. Nonsense.
In the American music industry there are only three labels: Sony, Universal, and Warner Bros. Any other 'label' you hear about is actually a sublavel to one of these three, or an imprint. But in Nigeria you'll have one upcoming artist forming his own 'record label'. Lmao.
I don't agree 100% with you.Sony,Universal&Warner Bros are not "Labels" per say but mainly distribution companies for Labels.They are the ones that regulate and do distributions for Labels.But the ovo,cash monies are the 'labels' that sign artists and do mainly the works of a label.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
Adiwana:

I don't agree 100% with you.Sony,Universal&Warner Bros are not "Labels" per say but mainly distribution companies for Labels.They are the ones that regulate and do distributions for Labels.But the ovo,cash monies are the 'labels' that sign artists and do mainly the works of a label.
All those are called sublabels or imprints.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Frozeen(m): 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
JaypeeAnics:
must all Nigerian musician own a record label d way I'm seeing it, in d next 10years record labels will flood d street jst like church's ....and someone might even name he's record label Change of buhari... who knows
LOls grin grin Buhari don real suffer from una mouth...

1 Like

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by AkupeMBANO(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
why do i feel Mr. songz is the brain behind five star. abeg they should let him go, he's even too old to still be a boy boy Upandan.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by ychris: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Its under Wander Bros
or warner bros u mean? They are producers nw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Adiwana: 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
AnonyNymous:

All those are called sublabels or imprints.
The likes of Sony do not sign artists directly so you can't call them a label rather they are distribution companies. The Labels under them are the ones that signs and manages artists.Under this same Labels,they have the ''Sub Labels".Like in Kanye West GOOD MUSIC,there is VERY GOOD BEATS which is a Sub label of Good BEATS just like Young Money was under Cash money and so on.
So I would call the likes of Sony,*a distribution company*
Modified

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
ychris:
or warner bros u mean? They are producers nw
Autocorrect lol. And yeah I mean Warner Bros, they are one of the three major labels.
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by gameboyo: 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
lazinny:
The engine of five star music just left...

Same thought that ran across my mind

1 Like

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
False news

Na so e easy to start record label? Lol
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by DozieInc(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
lazinny:
The engine of five star music just left...
engine, really?
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
Adiwana:

The likes of Sony do not sign artists directly so you can't call them a label rather they are distribution companies. The Labels under them are the ones that signs and manages artists.Under this same Labels,they have the ''Sub Labels".Like in Kanye West GOOD MUSIC,there is VERY GOOD BEATS which is a Sub label of Good BEATS just like Young Money was under Cash money and so on.
So I would call the likes of Sony,*a distribution company*
Modified
Nah lol. Sony is a record label. When it comes to releasing the music at the end of the day, they have the final say. Good music, ROC nation, etc are in charge of finding, signing artists, etc but even on the documents, the artists sign to be parts of 'Sony music' or Warner Bros, etc.

Vanity labels are labels that bear an imprint that gives the impression of an artist's ownership or control, but in fact represent a standard artist/label relationship. In such an arrangement, the artist will control nothing more than the usage of the name on the label, but may enjoy a greater say in the packaging of his or her work.

When a label is strictly a trademark or brand, not a company, then it is usually called an "imprint"

A "sublabel" is a label that is part of a larger record company but trades under a different name.

That's the difference. So, a sublabel might appear to be doing most of everything but it really isn't, and example is when the (now late) Prince, one of my fav artists BTW, had to change his name to an unpronounceable symbol just because the parent label didn't agree with him and the music he wanted to release. He had to do that since the label had rights to any music released by 'Prince'. Also, Michael Jackson had issues with Sony and fought a very long legal battle with them, despite owning 'MJJ records' where he did all his music, which was really just a Sony sublabel.

cc ychris SycophanticGoat

5 Likes

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by SycophanticGoat: 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
ychris:
MMG, YMCMB,YOUNG MONEY et al aint record label too abi?

I wanted to ask him about Interscope records and Def Jam. Are the subs too?

Cc Anonynymous
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by LoveJesus87(m): 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
Julietcutie:
shocked
what happened sugar?
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Rick9(m): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
5*wack Record Label.
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Kebabs(m): 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
This ur joke's so dry, NLers deserted it!
JaypeeAnics:

3 Likes

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Cc Anonynymous
Lol, no be fight. Yes they are. A google search will explain better than I can.

1 Like

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
JaypeeAnics:
It was funny grin until
"...and someone might even name.. ." undecided
That joke dry gan o grin
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
ychris:
MMG, YMCMB,YOUNG MONEY et al aint record label too abi?
Are you a musician? If you aren't then cool no problem bro. But if you make music, learn more about how the music industry works

1 Like

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by hedonistic: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
E be like say E-Money don stop to dey pay.

1 Like

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by SycophanticGoat: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Lol, no be fight. Yes they are. A google search will explain better than I can.

I no fight you oh.. Just dey ask question ni.. It's good you clarified cuz I thought they were majors too.. Never read about the US music labels before tho..
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by danthamccoy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Cc Anonynymous
Yes they are. This should clear everything up https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_label

2 Likes

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I no fight you oh.. Just dey ask question ni.. It's good you clarified cuz I thought they were majors too.. Never read about the US music labels before tho..
Aii bro no problem
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by anthoniosp(m): 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
AnonyNymous:
In the American music industry there are only three labels: Sony, Universal, and Warner Bros. Any other 'label' you hear about is actually a sublavel to one of these three, or an imprint. But in Nigeria you'll have one upcoming artist forming his own 'record label'. Lmao.
bro don't confuse yourself those are world record labels , ALL other record labels sign promotional deals with them to go international, outside them we still had successful record labels examples are NWA, Ruthless,Ear Drummers, YMCMB , still won't why drake isn't that rich cos he ain't cool with Sony , only top continental artists are given record deals with Sony and the likes example davido is still signed to dmw and signed with Sony. even they too have a lot of record labels. every upcoming artist is signed to one from Young M. A to fetty WAP, even brysson tiller , and Tory lanez

1 Like

Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
anthoniosp:
bro don't confuse yourself those are world record labels , ALL other record labels sign promotional deals with them to go international, outside them we still had successful record labels examples are NWA, Ruthless,Ear Drummers, YMCMB , still won't why drake isn't that rich cos he ain't cool with Sony , only top continental artists are given record deals with Sony and the likes example davido is still signed to dmw and signed with Sony. even they too have a lot of record labels. every upcoming artist is signed to one from Young M. A to fetty WAP, even brysson tiller , and Tory lanez
Here
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_label
Re: Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label by Ezyp(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Sony and Interscope records are the two major labels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shan George Meets US Police Officer Who Hailed Nigeria Police Force (Photo) / Genevieve Nnaji Celebrates Valentine With Makeup Free Photo / Zoro Buys New Mercedes G-Wagon (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.