Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

How To Make Goat Meat Stew - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Goat Meat Stew (27501 Views)

Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by scholes0(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
Na Asun sure pass
Not in stew
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by wtfCode: 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
rebukes at the sight of the stew...
Devil get behind me, i dont wanna get hungry angry angry
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by VickyRotex(f): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Chaaaaiiiiiiiiii! Where's my white rice? cheesy

Op nice one! cool

I miss Isiewu and Nkwobi cry cry
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by claremont(m): 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
This is a new way of cooking it. Normally, the blended tomatoes is first steamed and then fried with the oil used in frying the meat, before the meat and meat broth is added to it.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by sleepyeyez(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
what i need is a lovely lady to help with the cooking
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Airoflaw(m): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
When one's goat gets missing, the aroma of a neighbour's soup gets suspicious.....
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
frenchwine:
Weldone @op, good publicity for yourself.
I usually don't like to fry my meat, especially as there aren't alot of good oils. Most of the oils around have bad cholesterol, posing a heart risk. Except I can lay my hands on beniseed or cotton seed oil, I'd just go with boiling.
I can soo love goat meat ehn, jeez, my favorite "obstacle".

Same here.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nathan2016:
Always parboil meat very well to kill microbesoo

It depends, that's why it is very important to get your meat from a good source.

Some people will parboiled, for hours. They will fry it and boil in the stew. Then what will be left will be some hard chewy stuff.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
VickyRotex:
Chaaaaiiiiiiiiii! Where's my white rice? cheesy

Op nice one! cool

I miss Isiewu and Nkwobi cry cry

Thanks a lot. grin
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
sleepyeyez:
what i need is a lovely lady to help with the cooking

What happened to your hands? Loads of men cook for their ladies these days nothing wrong. grin grin
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
claremont:
This is a new way of cooking it. Normally, the blended tomatoes is first steamed and then fried with the oil used in frying the meat, before the meat and meat broth is added to it.

There are many different ways of cooking stew these days, no one way is the best. Loads of people are trying to eat very healthy by decreasing the amount of oil used in stew.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by sleepyeyez(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
marylandcakes:

What happened to your hands? Loads of men cook for their ladies these days nothing wrong. grin grin

well, i did say "to help" cheesy
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by MariamAlheri: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
frenchwine:
Weldone @op, good publicity for yourself.
I usually don't like to fry my meat, especially as there aren't alot of good oils. Most of the oils around have bad cholesterol, posing a heart risk. Except I can lay my hands on beniseed or cotton seed oil, I'd just go with boiling.
I can soo love goat meat ehn, jeez, my favorite "obstacle".

See who's talking! Story that touches the bone marrow and kidney!!!
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
Must we add tomato everything
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
MariamAlheri:

See who's talking! Story that touches the bone marrow and kidney!!!
Komi walahi

Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by adejaresalami1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
Lalasticlala too like food ehn grin cheesy....he see goat meat stew ,he endorse the thread sharp sharp
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by VickyRotex(f): 11:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
marylandcakes:

Thanks a lot. grin

It's a pleasure! smiley
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
adejaresalami1:
Lalasticlala too like food ehn grin cheesy....he see goat meat stew ,he endorse the thread sharp sharp

I take it you hate food?

I've been registered on nairaland since 2013 and this is the first time I've made front page. What's the problem?
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
sleepyeyez:

well, i did say "to help" cheesy

Better grin
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by robosky02(m): 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
ok,..........
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Revolva(m): 11:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
wow i no de take goat meat play o
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 12, 2016
marylandcakes:

The meat is soft that's why, the time it will spend simmering in the stew is enough to soften it. If it is Nigerian meat I will suggest you parboiled it first as Nigerian meat is tough.. Thanks
what do you mean by nigerian meat? you are supposed to parboil your meats for 30mins. we dont import goat meat.
stop deceiving people nigerian meat is good.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 9:37am On Dec 12, 2016
kaeforum:

what do you mean by nigerian meat? you are supposed to parboil your meats for 30mins. we dont import goat meat.

I never said Nigerian meat is bad. The older an animal the tougher the meat. Most of the meat in Nigerian markets belong to older animals. Also most meat in the markets do not have verified sources but I don't want to get into that now.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Rubyventures: 10:36am On Dec 12, 2016
Benita27:
No biggie here.

Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Rubyventures: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2016
kaeforum:

In which rule book is that stated please refer me.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Rubyventures: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2016
Revolva:
wow i no de take goat meat play o

oh bros, you fear me oh. you and goat meat de fight?
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Rubyventures: 10:53am On Dec 12, 2016
Seriously speaking

This is a very controversial way of making stew compared to the usual Nigerian way. Most of us, when we are used to cooking in a certain way believe that that is the best and any other way is wrong. But after watching this video, I watched the videos of some world top chefs and realised that we Nigerians the way we handle our meat is an over kill. we over cook it and at the end there is little or no nutrients left.

I have adjusted my cooking methods a bit, because I believe we are all learning new things everyday.
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by adejaresalami1(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
marylandcakes:

I take it you hate food?

I've been registered on nairaland since 2013 and this is the first time I've made front page. What's the problem?
haba.....a sane person will understand its a joke ,what's the problem?
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
Is It Not The Same Procedure Whether Is Chicken, Cow, Ram Etc Stew?
I Mean, Apart From Cooking, Boiling Or Frying The Meat The Process Is The Same? No?
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
kaeforum:

Maybe The OP Lives Outside Nigeria.
I Used To Live In Abroad And Over There Every Meat They Eat Is A Lot Softer Than The Ones We Eat In Nigeria. For Example; They Eat Young Chicken And We Have Place We Go To Buy Old Layers That Are Not Even As Strong As The Ones We Eat At Home, The Old Layers Are Like Rejected Meat To Them And They Sell Them Like 50-75% Cheaper Than The Young Ones Our People Dont Like To Eat.
Even Their Goat, Cow, Ram Etc Can Be Over Cooked In 1Hr.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
adejaresalami1:
haba.....a sane person will understand its a joke ,what's the problem?

I was also joking until you called me insane sad
Re: How To Make Goat Meat Stew by marylandcakes: 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Rubyventures:
Seriously speaking

This is a very controversial way of making stew compared to the usual Nigerian way. Most of us, when we are used to cooking in a certain way believe that that is the best and any other way is wrong. But after watching this video, I watched the videos of some world top chefs and realised that we Nigerians the way we handle our meat is an over kill. we over cook it and at the end there is little or no nutrients left.

I have adjusted my cooking methods a bit, because I believe we are all learning new things everyday.

I don't really see anything that is so controversial about this dish, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I get what you are trying to say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo / What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? / Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.