Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" - Celebrities (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" (62565 Views)

Princess Nnenna Orji: I Wouldn't Marry An Older Man Like Regina Daniels / Tonto Dikeh Debunks Reports Saying She Can't Marry An Igbo Man / Daddy Freeze: If Your Spouse Can’t Access Your Phone, E-mail Or Bank Details.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by NIGHTMAREOO7: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mayflowa:

First, you don't know how to debate. Why do you sound rude to people's comment and want to push your opinion on others.
Second, having one of your friend marry a good igbo woman does not confirm or justify your generalist point. Any female tribe, once she love, can give you much more. Do you know how many women fend for their husband?

Third, all the numerous evil wives do in nollywood; from where does the story of betrayal come from? The early story of nollywood has been a reflection of the igbo society.

Fourth, a woman being good to her husband doesn't mean he is good. Is she good to your family or your love baby(common in Nigeria)? Is she good to the society?

You are dumb my dear judging from wat u see on nollywood..
So wat abt yoruba movie dat is about witchcraft and ritual?. So dats ur own culture abi?.
Thanks for letting me know this.

Well if my woman is good to me i dont care how else u see her whether good or bad.
What freeze is talking abt here is marriage so i dont know wat u are driving at..
Ur arguement is baseless

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by AleAirHub(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Confused Op angry
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Youngtrice(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool Every tribe has a few natural light skin women. The lie is that Igbos have far more than any other tribe. This is not true. Naturally light-skinned Igbo women may be more light-skinned than average but the number of them is not that more than other tribes. The majority of 'light-skinned' Ibo women are bleached. That's a fact. cool
LOL. Honestly, you were making sense until you made a U-turn towards stupidity. Light skinned Igbo women are MORE than other tribes. And majority of them aren't bleaching, in fact, other tribes bleach more than them.

3 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Julx(f): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Is true to an extent... Seeing most successful people have something to do with an igbo woman.... Is either an igbo wife or mother or girlfriend or secretary..etc.. I remember a white man who visited an igbo village from the USA just to seek for an igbo wife for himself.
Igbo women are brought up to be supportive..... Other tribes should just deal with it.
All tribes have their own unique sides too.

1 Like

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
LordZero:
undecided
is that shymexx
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by AuroraB(f): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
Bujumbura:
She wants tovl abuse my Igbo sisters so she needs story that touch. Who am i to argue with her grin

Nne okwa i mana i buro ezigbo mmadu
Nobody's told me that before embarassed
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Mockinbird: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mizsylviah:
I am 100% Igbo
Yeah, you're a flatina!
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Kakamorufu(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
waternogetenemy:
I support freeze on this, wen yoruba man make money, please go and pay the igbo man bride price. we like rich inlaws.

Igbos give birth to women, whilst u give birth to tranny.

if ur a broke ass ofemmanuu, maka chukwu, no near my door, becos na matchet go settle the matter. cool
onye iberibe
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by baby124: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Olu20090:

Atiku Abubakar. ...married an Igbo woman. If Atiku become president, the Igbo wife will be first lady. Go and find out why!
Ibrahim Babangida married an Igbo woman
Ahamadu Ali former PDP chairman married an Igbo woman
Anthony Anenih married an Igbo woman
Goodluck Jonathan married an Igbo woman...Patience Jonathan is a pure Igbo woman from Abia state. Speaks with Abia Igbo tone. Without Patence, Jonathan would be nobody.
Yakabu Gowon first wife was an Igbo woman and mother of 45 yr old son.
The list is long if I put them together. Had Abachas married an Igbo woman, he would have lived.
Atiku's first wife is Titi Atiku. Who he takes everywhere. So you lied there. Yakubu Gowon did not marry his first son's mother. Due to a family rejection of her and her son.

7 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by noble2faith(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Olu20090:

Atiku Abubakar. ...married an Igbo woman. If Atiku become president, the Igbo wife will be first lady. Go and find out why!
Ibrahim Babangida married an Igbo woman
Ahamadu Ali former PDP chairman married an Igbo woman
Anthony Anenih married an Igbo woman
Goodluck Jonathan married an Igbo woman...Patience Jonathan is a pure Igbo woman from Abia state. Speaks with Abia Igbo tone. Without Patence, Jonathan would be nobody.
Yakabu Gowon first wife was an Igbo woman and mother of 45 yr old son.
The list is long if I put them together. Had Abachas married an Igbo woman, he would have lived.

Thks for taking time to do research on google to gather dis info...but. Am gonna use dis info against you...

1. Yakubu gowon...was it the igbo woman dat made gowon to be successful in winning the fight against her kinsmen?

2. Was it an igbo woman dat made atiku to reach the height of his political ambition?

3. Wich wife of babangida re u talking about? The dead mariam dat was snatched frm one popular calabar musician( can't recollect d guy's name) or d present one?

4. The only one dat I can agree is dat of jonathan cos I heard hw dat woman sacrificed many tins for dat man. And mind you, her being sacrificial and supportive is nt becos she is an igbo woman..many women frm different tribes have done greater things to their husbands.

To crown it all, I am waiting for d list of highly successful yoruba men dat their success could be ascribed to their igbo wives...you can go and ask google again....

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Vikky014(f): 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
mikezuruki:
Mumu!
When will this man start making sense with the things he say?
I am an ibo man to the core and believes that success comes when preparation meet opportunity! Hardwork and God....No be one woman from one region!
igbo man to the core indeed!!!igbos dnt spell igbo as ibo....ighota go

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by chiefobdk(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
mikezuruki:

Hmm. I don see person wey carry tribe for head!
IBO refers to the people; while IGBO is the language.
People like you are divisive and stereotypical! I've met many yoruba ladies that are respectful, supportive, and loyal.
As a man, irrespective of whether money dey your hand or not, if you want to be treated like a king, marry yoruba.
And by way, the DEFINITION of SUCCESS or being SUCCESSFUL is relative. OkayBye

there is nothing like ibo im Igbo language. all
my years in Igbo land. i never hear ibo. ever

1 Like

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by DozieInc(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool Every tribe has a few natural The majority of 'light-skinned' Ibo women are bleached. That's a fact. cool

Not true.
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
noble2faith:

Thks for taking time to do research on google to gather dis info...but. Am gonna use dis info against you...

1. Yakubu gowon...was it the igbo woman dat made gowon to be successful in winning the fight against her kinsmen?

2. Was it an igbo woman dat made atiku to reach the height of his political ambition?

3. Wich wife of babangida re u talking about? The dead mariam dat was snatched frm one popular calabar musician( can't recollect d guy's name) or d present one?

4. The only one dat I can agree is dat of jonathan cos I heard hw dat woman sacrificed many tins for dat man. And mind you, her being sacrificial and supportive is nt becos she is an igbo woman..many women frm different tribes have done greater things to their husbands.

To crown it all, I am waiting for d list of highly successful yoruba men dat their success could be ascribed to their igbo wives...you can go and ask google again....

Shattap there you Afonja. Maryam Babagida real name is Ndidi Mary Okogwu. The guy you are talking about is her brother and business man Sunny Odugwu. In your mind Afonjas...Delta is non Igbo abi? You yorubaas need to travel. Ndidi is an Igbo woman from Asaba like Okonjo Iweala. How could you not know this? You Afonjas are just intentionally ignorant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Bujumbura(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
AuroraB:
Nobody's told me that before embarassed
Ndo. grin
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by noble2faith(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Only reasonable igbos are debunking dis hotch-potch of gibberish frm a juvenile old fool. It is very pathetic dat majority of the igbos dat have been commenting on dis thread are fully in agreement with dat simply because tribalism has eaten deep into deir faculty of thinking and deir seat of reasoning hav been clouded by tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by willibounce1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Most ibo people suffer serious low self esteem issues. It is not easy to be seen and treated as irrelevant in a country of over 150million ppl. I see them as endangered species. That's why they always want to compare themselves to other tribes and see themselves as more important. They brag about little achievement that other tribes have enjoyed or attained long time ago.

We are talking women and ibos are talking? Go to every brothel in Nigeria and see the number of hopeless ibo girls wasting their lives. The hoe.s you find at Allen, lekki, and on almost every Street in lagos are ibo girls.

If the devil says anything positive about ibo ppl, they'll praise and worship him. Many of them are insecure and hopeless. The best place to vent their frustration is on the Internet. It's really hard being a flattiino in naija.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by SantaDomino(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
I think am in love.." Not with u dear but with ur sense of reasoning.
Captainbells:
Freeze talks too much!

But then again Igbo girls are simply top notch!
Beauty and all brains..
We are just not pretty faces!!
We work hard for our sh.it too
Don't matter how we do it, but all na hard work grin

But then again I'm Nigerian first before Igbo!
Saying that, I've just started telling people I'm South African! Nigeria and their plenty bad news don tire me.. grin grin
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Enahi(f): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
baby124:

Atiku's first wife is Titi Atiku. Who he takes everywhere. So you lied there. Yakubu Gowon did not marry his first son's mother. Due to a family rejection of her and her son.

Don't mind the idiot, Babangida's late wife was from Delta State and not Igbo and Patience Johnathan is from Okrika in Rivers State and she is not igbo,Tony Aninih has other wives and his current wife is not igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by LordZero(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
abdulrazzakk:
is that shymexx

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
successking401:
U r not an igbo person

So far she's wise doesn't mean she cant be Igbo
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by noble2faith(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Olu20090:

Shattap there you Afonja. Maryam Babagida real name is Ndidi Mary Okogwu. The guy you are talking about is her brother and business man Sunny Odugwu. In your mind Afonjas...Delta is non Igbo abi? You yorubaas need to travel. Ndidi is an Igbo woman from Asaba like Okonjo Iweala. How could you not know this? You Afonjas are just intentionally ignorant.

"Shattap" really passed d message 2 me dat u re getting frustrate wit my questions. U re yet 2 ans my questions.

On mariam babangida issue, I neva said she was nt an igbo lady. I was just asking weda she was d one u were refering to cos I neva knew she was an igbo woman untill dis day.

Quite unfortunate dat u didn't conduct enough research b4 u came up wit uncompleted stuff!. Babangida was nt mariam first husband. Her first husband is/was a musician in d 70s. Babangida used both power n wealth to snatch her frm dat man. The man even went on exile so dat he wouldn't be killed.

Two things I want 2 draw frm dat...

1. Babangida was already a powerful n successful man b4 he met mariam nt mariam dat made him 2 attain dat.

2. A supportive and success-giving wife indeed dat left her first hubby and went for a muslim northerner even renounced her faith in d course.

3 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by baby124: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Enahi:

Don't mind the idiot, Babangida's late wife was from Delta State and not Igbo and Patience Johnathan is from Okrika in Rivers State and she is not igbo,Tony Aninih has other wives and his current wife is not igbo.
Aninih and Edwin Clark, lol. Those old men marry from anywhere. I can't take the untruths being peddled on NL anymore. Any lunatic who has been slighted can come and say what they like. The thing is lies if left unchallenged and exposed will one day be taken as the truth. The funny thing is the lies keep getting bigger and bigger. One has to put these crazy people here where they belong. Thumbs up jare Enahi

1 Like

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:
He just said d truth... no sentiments igbo gals are trained to be supportive.

But freeze we dont want u to marry our gals biko grin.. leave them alone for us. E neva do us. grin

Oponu
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by Ejjis(m): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
mikezuruki:
Mumu!
When will this man start making sense with the things he say?
I am an ibo man to the core and believes that success comes when preparation meet opportunity! Hardwork and God....No be one woman from one region!
You are not an igbo man...Shut up....

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by BlaQWolf: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
Franky826:

Wetin Kumasi do

Who no come!!!!!
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by victons(m): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
mikezuruki:

Hmm. I don see person wey carry tribe for head!
IBO refers to the people; while IGBO is the language.
People like you are divisive and stereotypical! I've met many yoruba ladies that are respectful, supportive, and loyal.
As a man, irrespective of whether money dey your hand or not, if you want to be treated like a king, marry yoruba.
And by way, the DEFINITION of SUCCESS or being SUCCESSFUL is relative. OkayBye
which people do you mean to be referred as ibo?

1 Like

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by bigfrancis21: 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
CandyDiamond:

The children are more inclined to their mother,the children are half Igbos,if half of Yoruba population becoming half Igbo children which of the two tribe will be conquered easily and go into extinction, blood is thicker than water.Bukola Saraki a Fulani man, always talk about his Yoruba mother,a place of a mother in the heart of children cannot be replaced with anything. He pay homage to Yorubas because his mother is a Yoruba.

With the increasing rate of half-Igbo half-yoruba children in SW, in a couple of decades these half-breeds will become a majority in Yoruba land and many yorubas will be said to have Igbo blood running in them. Pure yoruba breeds will become a minority.

1 Like

Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by laudate: 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
Enahi:

Babangida's late wife Maryam, was a Delta-Igbo woman from Asaba area. undecided

AxeurdaddyIX:
His opinion sha. Peter Okoye married a Yoruba lady. Today he's arguably one of the most successful artistes in Africa.

It's not about the tribe, Its about the person you marry.

I no know say you sef, see am! cheesy Peter Okoye of P-Square is one of the most successful musical artistes in town today, along with his brother Paul.
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by NIGHTMAREOO7: 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Oponu
Mpama!
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by victons(m): 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Enahi:

and delta has no igbo?
Re: Freeze: "If You Are A Yoruba Man & Want To Be Successful, Marry An Igbo Woman" by bigfrancis21: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Twistaray:

Thank you.
You've said it all.

And ofcourse that 50/50 is equals to Yoruba father with yoruba surname.

You better go work hard and claim your woman before yoruba men take them all away from you.

grin

DNA wise they are half Igbo. And these half-Igbos are becoming popular in the SW. It is not even uncommon to find elderly half-Igbo Yorubas who have Igbo mothers. For example, Segun Arinze who speaks fluent Igbo. A half-Igbo yoruba man who marries an Igbo woman, their children are 75% Igbo and 25% yoruba only. You don't understand the magnitude of what's going on in the Yoruba gene pool. A day will come when more than 50% of yorubas are half-igbos or have Igbo DNA in them. Children naturally are closer to their mother's than their father's side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Nollywood Actors At Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial (photos) / Roy Emmanuel, Wizkid’s Personal Bodyguard (Photos) / Omotola's Second Daughter, Meraiah Ekeinde Swagged Up In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.