Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists (21394 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Free Phonics Training (for Teachers & Educators) / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by ChizzyMaris(f): 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
I'd like to teach too, so help me God.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by FarKhalipha16(m): 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
I a proud Bsc.Ed fresh graduate.... still in search of better teaching job
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by quintybabe(f): 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
1) FGGC
2) B.sc, M.sc & PDE
3) Geography
4) Single
5) When in comparison with others in my unit, i want to be spoken of as the best.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by kennynelcon(m): 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
kesmalindo:
since you've discovered that you're impatience, only you can tackle that....just watch your aggressiveness
I'm working towards it, the issues is when I teach someone the same thing over and over again.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by MissJayne(f): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
optional1:

don't be discourage my dear...
If i may ask what was your jamb score?
Thanks dear... My score is 238
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by MissJayne(f): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
EternalTruth:
I share the same pains with you dear.
I was so vibrant and ambitious this year and had the passion to aspire for teaching/lecturing so I choose education and crs.
but jamb rubbished us this year with ridiculous scores but I still managed to edged through University of Ibadan Utme cut off mark and intended using Postutme as the solid criteria for admission into the institution but hence the clueless minister of education cancelled postutme which compelled the premier school to adopt a disheartening o level and jamb modality to grade us and my dreams were thus dampened as my UTME score of 250 and my C5 grades in my 5 relevant subjects (neco result of 10 years.2006) couldn't drive me to attain 50 and I wasn't admitted into this non competitive course as my points fell at 47.5
I'm just so sad an frustrated after all the hardworking efforts that I put up this year.
right now all I need is resilience, tenacity and doggedness to bounce back and opt for jamb again but I'm so weak and depressed and I've lost faith.
cc 1afrika

Wow, wow... You wrote neco far back 2006.
Mehn,i feel your pain.
It's not easy.
God will see us through
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bachelor in Education / Christian Religious Studies

Single

I am currently working on a model that would make Nigeria's Educational System Pragmatic. The 6-3-3-4 linear model of Education inherited from the British is obsolete and redundant.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by DrTims(m): 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
I just finished service not quite long. Posted to a government secondary school were i taught Biology, chemistry and Geography. Currently runing my masters at ABU. Would love to Lecture soon. I love teaching..... Any academic vacancy, pls contact me on 08067094114 or email me at timsejigah@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Glocee(f): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
A private school at Afam, Oyigbo BSc. Biochemistry Class teacher Single Helping my pupils to be habitual learners.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by teejayahmed(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Still a serving Corp member in Lagos state. Teaching is my passion, be it secondary or tertiary.

Am excellent in Chemistry, but can also teach physics, fmaths and maths.

Can't wait to finish Service and enter into education proper. Feel free to contact me if any opportunity arises.

My dream for my students is to be better than I was at their stage.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by gaffig: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
EternalTruth:
impart
PROF impact is also very correct. As it means a strong influence, definitely it fits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by optional1(f): 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
MissJayne:

Thanks dear... My score is 238

wow that great...

You love to teach but no admission yet right?

Dear check ur mail..
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by effyzie01(m): 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
A. M. Lawal

UDUS (on secondment with FUG)

BSc (UDUS), MSc (UDUS), MSc (Birmingham), PhD (UDUS).

Chemistry (specialty, Geochemistry)

I want my students to be the best in what they do, wherever they find themselves.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by moshadeade: 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
1. Unemployed
2. B.A.Ed. French
3. French Teacher
4. Married
5. Students should able to speak French fluently
6. 08069330188
7. Abuja (Only)
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by optional1(f): 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
EternalTruth:
my jamb score was 250... course education and Christian religious Knowledge..

check ur inbox..
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by placeofallure(f): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
I major in English language and literature (arts) I also had stints with History and Linguistics. I teach in a private school in Ikoyi. I teach English basically and it's been fun. Though I didn't do a single education course in the university, I've learned so much on the job. My establishment invests a lot in training of staff. I have been so empowered that teaching now is nothing but fun. I love my students and I will want them to be beautiful personalities in the future.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by EternalTruth: 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
optional1:

check ur inbox..
Google account i used for this moniker was disabled Long time ago...
reach me with my main account. thanks..
profudeme@gmail.com
anticipating your message.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by bb6xt(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
Going through this thread I have noticed that some posters plan to acquire a B. Ed/BSc (Ed)/BA (Ed) in order to become lecturers in future. Unless your goal is to teach at a level below tertiary level or lecture in a college of education you're better off with a BSc/BA/BTech/BEng instead. I teach in a polytechnic and recently those having education based degrees were either converted to non teaching staff or asked to get a PGD in the same field as their first degree in order to continue lecturing. (This is without prejudice to whether they graduated with a 2.1 or first class).

It is understood that those with education based degrees must have spent a substantial part of their studies on education courses and so could not possibly have covered their core course in as much depth as someone with a BSc/BA etc.

So, my advice is go for BSc/BA.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by EternalTruth: 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Daninya11:

Bachelor in Education / Christian Religious Studies

Single

I am currently working on a model that would make Nigeria's Educational System Pragmatic. The 6-3-3-4 linear model of Education inherited from the British is obsolete and redundant.
pls which institution did u study edu Crs? it's my prospective course of study and heard it's hard.. pls can we talk on WhatsApp??
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by EternalTruth: 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
bb6xt:
Going through this thread I have noticed that some posters plan to acquire a B. Ed/BSc (Ed)/BA (Ed) in order to become lecturers in future. Unless your goal is to teach at a level below tertiary level or lecture in a college of education you're better off with a BSc/BA/BTech/BEng instead. I teach in a polytechnic and recently those having education based degrees were either converted to non teaching staff or asked to get a PGD in the same field as their first degree in order to continue lecturing. (This is without prejudice to whether they graduated with a 2.1 or first class).

It is understood that those with education based degrees must have spent a substantial part of their studies on education courses and so could not possibly have covered their core course in as much depth as someone with a BSc/BA etc.

So, my advice is go for BSc/BA.
what about B.Ed then M.ed then PhD.. u know it's still not certain you'd get a lecturing job just with ur B.A/B.sc
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
moshadeade:
1. Unemployed
2. B.A.Ed. French
3. French Teacher
4. Married
5. Students should able to speak French fluently
6. 08069330188
7. Abuja (Only)

Salut, moi aussi je suis institutrice mais a Lagos. Enchantée

1 Like

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
EternalTruth:
pls which institution did u study edu Crs? it's my prospective course of study and heard it's hard.. pls can we talk on WhatsApp??

I studied in the university of Abuja.

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by TheSociopath(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
1. IBBUL, Lapai 2. B.tech Maths 3. Graduate Assistant 4. Maths 5. To publish in world class journals with my students

1 Like

Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by bb6xt(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
EternalTruth:
what about B.Ed then M.ed then PhD.. u know it's still not certain you'd get a lecturing job just with ur B.A/B.sc

With those you'll get a lecturing job am sure.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by optional1(f): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
EternalTruth:
Google account i used for this moniker was disabled Long time ago...
reach me with my main account. thanks..
profudeme@gmail.com
anticipating your message.

check ur mail.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Tensionstar(m): 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
REHOBOTH COLLEGE ILORIN
B.A CRS....M .A RELIGIONS
SUBJECT ND CLASS TEACHER
SINGLE
TO MAKE AALLLL MA STUDENTS PASS ANY EXAMS (NTERNAL N EXTERNAL) BY FIRE BY FORCE
AND TO MAKE THEM KNOW AND UNDERSTAND BIBLE STORIES(ACADEMICALY) AS CHILDREN HARDLY HEAR BIBLE STORIES IN CHURCH DIS DAYS....AM GLAD MOST OF D BIBLE STORIES MA STUDENT KNW ARE THOSE I TOT THEM....DY HAVE THIS CONFIDENCE IN ME DAT I KNW EVERYTIN IN THE BIBLE. SOME EVEN SIDE ME TO ARGUE WITH THEIR PASTOR PARENTS...SOME WIL NOT BELIEVE THEIR PASTOR UNTIL THEY CONFIRM FROM ME
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by EternalTruth: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
optional1:

check ur mail.
seen and replied. thanks. anticipating your soonest reply..
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by EternalTruth: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tensionstar:
REHOBOTH COLLEGE ILORIN
B.A CRS....M .A RELIGIONS
SUBJECT ND CLASS TEACHER
SINGLE
TO MAKE AALLLL MA STUDENTS PASS ANY EXAMS (NTERNAL N EXTERNAL) BY FIRE BY FORCE
AND TO MAKE THEM KNOW AND UNDERSTAND BIBLE STORIES(ACADEMICALY) AS CHILDREN HARDLY HEAR BIBLE STORIES IN CHURCH DIS DAYS....AM GLAD MOST OF D BIBLE STORIES MA STUDENT KNW ARE THOSE I TOT THEM....DY HAVE THIS CONFIDENCE IN ME DAT I KNW EVERYTIN IN THE BIBLE. SOME EVEN SIDE ME TO ARGUE WITH THEIR PASTOR PARENTS...SOME WIL NOT BELIEVE THEIR PASTOR UNTIL THEY CONFIRM FROM ME
WhatsApp me pls 08060423357. my career path is still on religion..
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by collins247(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Odunharry:
Yes to be licence.. Those without the licence aren't suppose to teach.
Are there penalties for not registering with them yet?
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by optional1(f): 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
EternalTruth:
seen and replied. thanks. anticipating your soonest reply..

replied go check on it.
Re: Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists by Glorygrace(f): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
Teacher well done.I guess your reward is here on earth. Keep up the standard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tell Three Equipments Of Your Work And Let People Guess What You Do / Which One Will You Choose And Why? / Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.