Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? (598 Views)

Is This Nairaland Account Real Or Fake ? / Big Python Trying To Swallow A Dog Killed (Photos) / Someone Is Trying To Access My Nairaland Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? by Rapmoney(m): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2016
I have received over 7 dozens of the message below on my gmail account that's connected to my NL account:

Dear Rapmoney,

This is your latest email confirmation code:
You can use it only once.
The previous code 4QM7PH7B8H was not used.

This process was initiated at 4:21am on November 15, 2016 by the following desktop device:
User Agent: who you epp, who you serve ?
IP Address: 178.162.209.232

Best Regards,
Nairaland Forum Team,
http://www.nairaland.com/

I don't log into my NL account without password. In fact, my account is always on 'logged-in' mode. It seems someone has been trying to access my NL account without success because the person doesn't have access to the many created passwords in my gmail box.

Is this an issue from NL or someone is trying to hack my account?

CC: Seun and mods.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? by RoyalBlak007: 10:52am On Nov 20, 2016
Yeah i guess Seun pissed some modafuckerz off cheesy
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? by Rapmoney(m): 11:10am On Nov 20, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
Yeah i guess Seun pissed some modafuckerz off cheesy
How?
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? by martyns303(m): 11:39am On Nov 20, 2016
Got that message with code about 2 month ago, I just ignored it.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? by Seun(m): 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Don't worry. It's not going to happen again. Just delete the mails and forget about it. Don't mark them as spam or you may lose legit emails.
Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? by Seun(m): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
I locked the thread because there's no more to discuss. Apparently some people still have more things to say, so I've re-opened the thread.

Somebody took advantage of a weakness in our software to use an automated script to send all those emails. This has been remedied by us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Someone Trying To Hack My Nairaland Account? by Rapmoney(m): 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:
I locked the thread because there's no more to discuss. Apparently some people still have more things to say, so I've re-opened the thread.

Somebody took advantage of a weakness in our software to use an automated script to send all those emails. This has been remedied by us.
Thanks for the information.

(1) (Reply)

9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful / Photos Of 5 Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Are Certified Tomboys / Photo BBOG Chief Coviener In Happy Mood After A Tour To Sambisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.