Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,650 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed (850 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / We Are Not Stopping Chinese, Italians, Others From Visiting Nigeria — FG / 5 Ways Of Stopping Masturbation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Monogamy: 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
I do not need to lie to myself anymore. Alcohol is not really good for me whenever I over drink.. I don't fight, or causes nuisance, but I always regret most of my actions after getting high.. At least with Buda, I never have any record of f*cking up before..

Note: I work from home. My outings are only to do shopping or enjoy myself.. I don't have any friend around and I do not have intention of having one.. I am being honest with myself about alcohol for the first time..

Please I need an advice

Thanks
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Seun(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
Why did you choose the religion section and not the health section for this? (serious question)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by talktonase(m): 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
Quitting alcohol is not an easy task.You need to discipline your mind to engage in doing meaningful stuff such as writing (not a story or fiction but your day to day activity),learn a new language,reading a book,etc
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by yomi212(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mindless of what religion u practise...... Prayer n fasting will help you
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by JoeBlocks(m): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Monogamy:
I do not need to lie to myself anymore. Alcohol is not really good for me whenever I over drink.. I don't fight, or causes nuisance, but I always regret most of my actions after getting high.. At least with Buda, I never have any record of f*cking up before..

Note: I work from home. My outings are only to do shopping or enjoy myself.. I don't have any friend around and I do not have intention of having one.. I am being honest with myself about alcohol for the first time..

Please I need an advice

Thanks
What type of advice are you seeking? The one people telling you drinking alcohol is a sin?

Dude, do as you please. If you feel the need to stop taking alcohol, stop. Stop seeking advice from peeps who don't care about you.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by skeendyke: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
If you want to stop then stop. No matter what peeps may tell you the ultimate decision and action lie in your hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by accountbalance: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
It all boils down to self discipline. Why would you keep doing something that causes regrets for you after.

All you need is to convince yourself that you don't need it. All you are saying that you have never messed up before is because you are not yet convinced. You need to see it as bad for you.

You need a very good reason at that.

Try this, convince yourself that you have a better life without it. Constantly evaluate yourself for every day you do without it, keep track of your life without alcohol and compare it with the days you regret taking it. It will motivate you to keep going on.

Trust me, it's only you that can stop yourself, no book or advice or prayer can stop alcoholism. By the time your mind is fully made up, you'll even find yourself among people taking it and you won't even think of it.
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Monogamy: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:
Why did you choose the religion section and not the health section for this? (serious question)

Move am now....

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by GogetterMD(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
What types and concentration of alcohol do you drink? How often? What time of the day? Do you drink to stupor? What motivates you to take up a bottle?

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by pointstores(m): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2016
start from changeing ur friend
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Monogamy: 12:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
accountbalance:
It all boils down to self discipline. Why would you keep doing something that causes regrets for you after.

All you need is to convince yourself that you don't need it. All you are saying that you have never messed up before is because you are not yet convinced. You need to see it as bad for you.

You need a very good reason at that.

Try this, convince yourself that you have a better life without it. Constantly evaluate yourself for every day you do without it, keep track of your life without alcohol and compare it with the days you regret taking it. It will motivate you to keep going on.

Trust me, it's only you that can stop yourself, no book or advice or prayer can stop alcoholism. By the time your mind is fully made up, you'll even find yourself among people taking it and you won't even think of it.

Thanks.. I really appreciate
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Monogamy: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
GogetterMD:
What types and concentration of alcohol do you drink? How often? What time of the day? Do you drink to stupor? What motivates you to take up a bottle?

Whisky cos of cold weather.
On average of 2 times weekly..
Mostly at night
Stupor is only once in a blue moon
Boredom motivates the drinking. I work from home. I propably give myself an excuse of having a time out and end up drinking
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Seun(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
Monogamy:
Where do you live? What do you think about exercise as an alternative way to heat up?

On average of 2 times weekly..Mostly at night. Stupor is only once in a blue moon. Boredom motivates the drinking. I work from home. I probably give myself an excuse of having a time out and end up drinking
In this case, there's hope. Yay. What happens when you don't have any whisky at home and you feel the urge? Have you tried that before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Monogamy: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Seun:

Where do you live? What do you think about exercise as an alternative way to heat up?

I live outside Nigeria. I never really considered an exercise

In this case, there's hope. Yay. What happens when you don't have any whisky at home and you feel the urge? Have you tried that before?

I stopped drinking from home long time cos I always abuse it.
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by GogetterMD(m): 7:38am On Nov 23, 2016
Monogamy:

On average of 2 times weekly..
Mostly at night
Stupor is only once in a blue moon
Boredom motivates the drinking. I work from home. I propably give myself an excuse of having a time out and end up drinking
Cold weather? Where do you live?
Twice a week means you have a good chance of overcoming your drinking habits before you delve deep into it.
What hobbies do you have?
Re: I Am Considering Of Stopping Alcohol.. Help Needed by Monogamy: 7:49am On Nov 23, 2016
GogetterMD:

Cold weather? Where do you live?
Twice a week means you have a good chance of overcoming your drinking habits before you delve deep into it.
What hobbies do you have?

I live outside Nigeria
Football, surfing online

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Your Face With Tomato / Hiv Can Be Cured / Mascum Herbal Pride Enlargement Pills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.