Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

You Can’t Plan For Me, I’m Already Gone. – Jonathan At 59 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Can’t Plan For Me, I’m Already Gone. – Jonathan At 59 (548 Views)

Please Help Me, I’m Dying. My Father Was Scammed And He’s Suicidal. / Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? / CORRUPTION & WASTAGE: Buhari And Jonathan, At A Glance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Plan For Me, I’m Already Gone. – Jonathan At 59 by UPDISTIC7: 12:39am On Nov 21, 2016
It is uncommon to find a former President still draw attention months after leaving office. For
former president Goodluck Jonathan it has been one of praise and celebration. Perhaps his willingness to acknowledge defeat in the 2015 presidential elections won him great admiration. The former President from Bayelsa state celebrated his birthday, on Sunday, November 20, his party the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were on ground to celebrate with him. His birthday party was the celebration of an icon while some Nigerians are already earnestly yearning for his return to power which he lost to President Buhari.

Goodluck Jonathan turns 59 today, November 20, and used the opportunity to bury the hopes and thoughts of some people that were praying for his return. In a statement to celebrate him, the PDP chairman, Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, said: “At 59, your legacies and achievements in academia, politics, governance and social life remains indelible and worthy of emulation by well-meaning people.

“You are a shining light during and after office as one of the Heads of State in Nigeria and Africa in general who willingly conceded power to the opposition in the interest of peace and democracy.”

While celebrating his birthday at his residence in Abuja, today, the former president who had the presence of former aviation minister Femi Fani-Kayode, Timi Dakolo, Deji Adeyanju, Jonathan’s cousin Robert Azibaola, among others.

According to the celebrant: “For a nation to grow we have to plan for our grandchildren. You can’t plan for me, I’m already gone. You can’t plan for the old, you can only manage them. So, we must plan for our children and grandchildren.”

Source: http://www.naijasilvergold.com/blog/2016/11/20/cant-plan-im-already-gone-jonathan-59/

Re: You Can’t Plan For Me, I’m Already Gone. – Jonathan At 59 by perfectwazobia1: 12:47am On Nov 21, 2016
He remains a hero, PMB new performance made Gej a world hero.

Enjoy your retirement GEJ the man whom the cap fits. Those that planned your exit are all regretting it now. If Dangote can complain then who is safe?
Re: You Can’t Plan For Me, I’m Already Gone. – Jonathan At 59 by SolexxBarry(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2016
This is good,I love this man.

(1) (Reply)

Coalition Of Idoma Social Media Activists To Honour Most Outstanding Personaliti / My Landlord Gave Me A Quit Notice Of 4month Is It Allowed / Lenovo Ideapad I110-ibr Intel Celeron Dual Core-1.6ghz (2gb, 500gb Hdd)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.