Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Seun, Come And See Witches O - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun, Come And See Witches O (6725 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / Father Chinenye John Oluoma Witches In Nigeria Presidents, Senators & Governors / Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by jonbellion(m): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Oga carry your armchair textbook theories and go and flush it down some septic tank abeg

Life from other planets yet biologists say Bacteria as resilient as it is can survive on Mars yet there is no single sign of life on Mars

Wait let me help you with links since you like text book theories so well. Pls make sure you have a pillow under your butt as you sit in your armchair to read this.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/earth-bacteria-can-survive-and-grow-extremely-hostile-mars-conditions

http://www.iflscience.com/space/microorganisms-earth-could-survive-mars/

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20151221-the-microbes-so-extreme-they-might-survive-on-mars

I am just reading your ignorance and laughing hysterically

so you somehow think that in a vast universe earth would be the only inhabitable planet ehn
When drakes equation shows a high probability of other life on the milky way galaxy alone you think in an even broader universe this would be the only planet with life
Lol
What a complete waste of space
At least science is honest enough to say no life had been found in any other planet in our solar system so far.
Don't worry

Issorait
[img]http:///media/6-03-2016/IK5EhR.gif[/img]
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by dblackninja: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2016
ashjay001:

Have encountered humans with abilities not explained in any textbook I've read!

Yeah there are thousands of people with different sort of unique abilities..most as a result of some sort of genetic disorder. I bet the types you have encountered has already been studied & documented, if other wise, kindly state them ...we learn everyday.

Some label them psychic, some witches, some magicians. But, d fact remains, they do things science is yet to explain.

Science, technology & art has been able to explain to a reasonable extent, most of the feats performed by humans that we thought were supernaturally inclined.

But it's good that you've dropped your specificity claim of knowing about witches to a generic standpoint of encountering people doing things you can't do & can't explain...now that's more like it cool

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by damogul: 11:37am On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
so you somehow think that in a vast universe earth would be the only inhabitable planet ehn
When drakes equation shows a high probability of other life on the milky way galaxy alone you think in an even broader universe this would be the only planet with life
Lol
What a complete waste of space
At least science is honest enough to say no life had been found in any other planet in our solar system so far.
Don't worry

Issorait
[img]http:///media/6-03-2016/IK5EhR.gif[/img]

lmao so now its drakes equation? You guys never cease to shock me at your level of closemindedness. You believe all the junk science dumps on you without verification while we the theists test the words of God we receive and practice them (experiment) so see if they are true and yet you call us closeminded.

Pray tell me the formula drake used for his equation? Someone has not seen the other planets in the milky way galaxy neither do they know the surface conditions yet he is pushing forward a theory? lmao

Man has not finished studying earth and has not even come close to explaining her existence and he is yapping about life elsewhere and you are soaking it all in from your armchair.

First it was Lennycool who talked about some Panspermia and how life transfered from planets like mars and venus to earth but he failed to sit in his armchair to ask some very important questions which are,

1: At what stage was this life when it transferred from these planets to earth afterall these planets are older than the earth so if evolution were true then those life forms should have evolved too while on those planets or is it only on earth that evolution occured?

2: If these other planets are far older than the earth and have life forms on them are those life forms still crude and scientifically backward not to also assume that there may be life on other planets as well and attempt to reach out to us along with other assumed life containing planets? Earth has advanced communication systems that penetrate far into space so how come they have not intercepted any signals?,

So is earth the only intelligently advanced planet?

Sometimes i wonder if you guys really are critical thinkers.

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59527654.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by otemanuduno: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:
Ironically this is an extract from the story. Seun Come and see your name on the report o. Life has a way of coming at you directly.

Everyone should click the link the OP provided and read up. What are the chances that Seun would open a thread saying witches do not exists and just a matter of days later a notable newspaper presents what their investigative Journalism found out and then one of the witches is also named SEUN.

lol Oya Atheist statisticians give us the probability of this happening so seamlessly.

If you don't use your brain, others will use theirs to make themselves seem more powerful than they really are. THAT'S WHAT WE CALL WITCHES AND WIZARDRY. i'll give you a quote from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH.
DOCTUFOS:
LUWABI 15:17- 24
17. Now one said, if luwabi does not think of us, how shall he dream about us? Now let us go around his house and scare him.
18. Now the people went around luwabi’s house and called his name, saying, luwabi, we witches shall destroy your life in your dream today. We shall tear your flesh apart.
19. Now luwabi heard them and smiled. And then he went to bed.
20. Now all the people gathered together to imagine what they wished to let luwabi see in his dream. And they imagined deep into the night, saying, since luwabi has already heard our threat, he shall dream it also.
21. Now when luwabi was asleep, he saw many birds flying over his head to tear him apart. But because he had trained himself not to fear anything, he was not afraid in the dream.
22. And luwabi said in the dream, birds of the dream, shall you follow me out of the dream? If I wake up now, shall you not all be wiped out with the dream?
23. Then luwabi woke up from his sleep and laughed.
24. Now when luwabi came out of his house, he went to sit on the pot again. And the people who threatened him saw him and were surprised. For they thought that he would have died in his sleep overnight.
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Oga carry your armchair textbook theories and go and flush it down some septic tank abeg

Life from other planets yet biologists say Bacteria as resilient as it is can survive on Mars yet there is no single sign of life on Mars

Wait let me help you with links since you like text book theories so well. Pls make sure you have a pillow under your butt as you sit in your armchair to read this.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/earth-bacteria-can-survive-and-grow-extremely-hostile-mars-conditions

http://www.iflscience.com/space/microorganisms-earth-could-survive-mars/

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20151221-the-microbes-so-extreme-they-might-survive-on-mars

I am just reading your ignorance and laughing hysterically

What are you saying?
You asked why they have not found life, I indicated that it would be very hard, since it's a billion+ since life might have gone extinct on these planets, yes there's hope, but its slim and won't be easy to find
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

lmao so now its drakes equation? You guys never cease to shock me at your level of closemindedness. You believe all the junk science dumps on you without verification while we the theists test the words of God we receive and practice them (experiment) so see if they are true and yet you call us closeminded.

Pray tell me the formula drake used for his equation? Someone has not seen the other planets in the milky way galaxy neither do they know the surface conditions yet he is pushing forward a theory? lmao

Man has not finished studying earth and has not even come close to explaining her existence and he is yapping about life elsewhere and you are soaking it all in from your armchair.

First it was Lennycool who talked about some Panspermia and how life transfered from planets like mars and venus to earth but he failed to sit in his armchair to ask some very important questions which are,

1: At what stage was this life when it transferred from these planets to earth afterall these planets are older than the earth so if evolution were true then those life forms should have evolved too while on those planets or is it only on earth that evolution occured?

2: If these other planets are far older than the earth and have life forms on them are those life forms still crude and scientifically backward not to also assume that there may be life on other planets as well and attempt to reach out to us along with other assumed life containing planets? Earth has advanced communication systems that penetrate far into space so how come they have not intercepted any signals?,

So is earth the only intelligently advanced planet?

Sometimes i wonder if you guys really are critical thinkers.

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59527654.jpg[/img]
Again try to comprehend, I said life could have come from this planet through transferred planetary materials. This would have been at the stage that they had life, after the transfer life ended later.
As for intelligently advanced we haven't found anything yet. Space is very big.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by damogul: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lennycool:

What are you saying?
You asked why they have not found life, I indicated that it would be very hard, since it's a billion+ since life might have gone extinct on these planets, yes there's hope, but its slim and won't be easy to find

Young man you lack depth when thinking! Honestly you do! Have you ever paused to ask yourself how it was that evolutionists theorized that evolution took billions of years to occur?

Has anyone witnessed the time it took? If your answer is no then how did they arrive at the BILLIONS OF YEARS statement?

Let me give you a hint and that hint is found in your own comment which i highlighted
The Billions of years escape route offered as the time evolution took to occur is simply what it is ...an escape route so that wen people ask these questions i am asking people like you would always fall back to the Billions of years escape route.

However you claim life may have gone extinct on those planets but you forget that the same scientists say the earth is also billions of years old yet life has not gone extinct here so how come it "may" have gone extinct on others? Ogbeni use your head. People like you are the reason why my brain function is still at 10% when it should have been hitting 50% by now.

You Atheists always demand that God should heal an amputee so you believe he exists yet God has raised the dead. However if i asked you to show me my Dog turning to a homo sapien or even to another specie as proof that creation did not occur you all would run and hide behind the BILLIONS OF YEARS escape route.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by ifenes(m): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
4kings:

Just like the Malleus Maleficarum was based on ignorance, and adherents to it, were based in the region, where it was believed wholeheartedly.
See any similarity?

The sixth sense is based on feelings.

I always distinguish between Science and Scientists. Natural Science is huge and expanding while scientists( those who study Natural science, the name they gave themselves) are way off the mark. They have developed artificial tools to investigate a natural environment. Obviously a lot of things will be alien to them. But what happens is they investigate the product of an effect but not the cause of it. Scientists only know what is in their vicinity and why should we regard their theories as final?

You cannot investigate love, it's either you "experience" it or not. A blind man can never understand the color red because he cannot see it. Yes he can't but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Most things to scientists are "unknown" so who are they to explain how the universe works?

However, it is obvious to everyone that the dog has a higher level of sensing danger. The ear sense is highly developed to the point that humans depend on the a lot and there is no better tracker than the dog. If a human has this ability I'm sure he/she will be called a witch or wizard or, seen as super-human. But in truth, it is only a well developed sense.

The Sight of an Eagle cannot be compared to an human, if a human does have that ability, we know what some people who have no idea what has happened to this person will call them. But humans have a higher developed brains, which is why we seem to dominate the other animals. But we dont have what they have. If we did, I'm sure we will understand the Universe better.

I personally think,rather than develope meaningless robots or artificial devices, we should work towards developing our brains to match out minds.

Consciousness is the greatest unsolved problem in all of science, It remain unsolved. Once it is understood, every knowledge becomes obvious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by ashjay001(m): 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
dblackninja:

Yeah there are thousands of people with different sort of unique abilities..most as a result of some sort of genetic disorder. I bet the types you have encountered has already been studied & documented, if other wise, kindly state them ...we learn everyday.

Science, technology & art has been able to explain to a reasonable extent, most of the feats performed by humans that we thought were supernaturally inclined.

But it's good that you've dropped your specificity claim of knowing about witches to a generic standpoint of encountering people doing things you can't do & can't explain...now that's more like it cool

I am more informed, as such may not label pple with who do things I cant explain as witches. But, really, what would u expert d common man to call them? If not witches!?

My Grandfather, died in 1993, walked into a room with a comatose kid, who had d misfortune of having hot cooking oil poured on him, during d festive period. The boy walked out, some hours later with no sign of d incident.

Recently, due to a conversation, with an atheist, I questioned my mum(a supposedly born again xtian), on that incidence. She replied that he actually removed d venom(oro) of d attack. He did something called 'ogede', and that it was something he does regularly, as d village head(Baale) n a spiritualist.

How do u think science would explain that?

Personally, I av come to realise, d mind can do amazing things, if u can harness it. I believe, those with ds amazing abilities, have accessed d part of their psychic that allows them to do such, and that every individual can access it, if they so wish.

Some pple are born, with such abilities at their fingertips, some have to learn it and others might never be able to access it.

Science has not begun to understand it! Why? Probably because, its intangible!

Its presence, is why humans turn to religion.

That I dont refer to it as witchcraft, doesnt take anytin away from it. It is there, just that, man is yet to comprehend what it encompasses!

That intangible substance, is why men have created all manner of religions to access it!

Death, is just the removal of that substance/consciousness. What happens to it, when it leaves d body? How can u use it to d fullest, when u're alive? Thats my quest.

But, that its a figment of gullible imaginations, thats ur prerogative!
@lennycool, 4kings
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:
[/b]

Go ask ceoMYN who goes about warning Atheists to run from engaging me "For their own good". Dude getting me riled up wouldnt end well for you. I think and execute better after my daily cup of java. Men do not talk like boys.
Chill, I only told the girl not to talk to you offline.
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by lepasharon(f): 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lol this thread is dumb
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by MrPRevailer(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is not the rejection of witches . There are atheists who believe witches , voodoo , evil spirits , evil forces etc exist

Then they are no more athiests. They are pagans.

Atheists have no spiritual sanity. But are built on science and philosophy.

Just as Christians are called so because they believe Jesus is Son of God. You cant say some Chriatians believe that Jesus is not the son of God, then he's not a Christian. He's a Muslim or any other pagan origin even though he may insist on his delusion.
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Then they are no more athiests. They are pagans.

Atheism is simply the rejection of gods . You can have whatever beliefs like reincarnation , voodoo , spirits etc . There are atheists who are superstitious too .
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by MrPRevailer(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is simply the rejection of gods . You can have whatever beliefs like reincarnation , voodoo , spirits etc . There are atheists who are superstitious too .

EDITED.
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Atheists have no spiritual sanity. But are built on science and philosophy.

False .

Adherents of Unitarian Universalism which include atheists seek spiritual growth through theologically diverse doctrines . Atheism simply means no gods and that is it .

There are atheists in Confucianism that venerate ancestral spirits with the belief that these spirits control the fortunes of the descendants .
Buddhists are also atheists , they believe humans as spirit incarnates are entangled in endless cycles of rebirths - reincarnation .
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by damogul: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

Chill, I only told the girl not to talk to you offline.

Thanks for admitting you said it! But seriously

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder634/500x/73357634.jpg[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Thanks for admitting you said it! But seriously

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder634/500x/73357634.jpg[/img]

Funny pics again. Well I'm not scared of you.
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by MrPRevailer(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

False .

Adherents of Unitarian Universalism which include atheists seek spiritual growth through theologically diverse doctrines . Atheism simply means no gods and that is it .

There are atheists in Confucianism that venerate ancestral spirits with the belief that these spirits control the fortunes of the descendants .
Buddhists are also atheists , they believe humans as spirit incarnates are entangled in endless cycles of rebirths - reincarnation .

Not only Buddhist atheists. There are also Christian athiests and Muslim athiests.
Please spare me those. It's not something I have to argue about sef.
Why were they called Atheists in the first place. Please go back to the drawing board.
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Not only Buddhist atheists. There are also Christian athiests and Muslim athiests.
Please spare me those. It's not something I have to argue about sef.
Why were they called Atheists in the first place. Please go back to the drawing board.

They are called atheists because they accept the teachings in those religions while rejecting the God who is worshiped in those religions . In Christian atheism , the teachings of Christ are accepted while his divinity is rejected . Christian atheists see Christ as a mere human . They also to Church , pray and even fast because they believe those have psychological benefits grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by 4kings: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
ifenes:

I always distinguish between Science and Scientists. Natural Science is huge and expanding while scientists( those who study Natural science, the name they gave themselves) are way off the mark. They have developed artificial tools to investigate a natural environment. Obviously a lot of things will be alien to them. But what happens is they investigate the product of an effect but not the cause of it.
how can u study the product of an effect without investigating its cause?
Scientists only know what is in their vicinity and why should we regard their theories as final?
Scientist themselves don't regard their theories as final but as basis for further investigation. Even the "theory of evolution" is inconclusive.

You cannot investigate love, it's either you "experience" it or not. A blind man can never understand the color red because he cannot see it. Yes he can't but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Most things to scientists are "unknown" so who are they to explain how the universe works?

However, it is obvious to everyone that the dog has a higher level of sensing danger. The ear sense is highly developed to the point that humans depend on the a lot and there is no better tracker than the dog. If a human has this ability I'm sure he/she will be called a witch or wizard or, seen as super-human. But in truth, it is only a well developed sense.

The Sight of an Eagle cannot be compared to an human, if a human does have that ability, we know what some people who have no idea what has happened to this person will call them. But humans have a higher developed brains, which is why we seem to dominate the other animals. But we dont have what they have. If we did, I'm sure we will understand the Universe better.

Agreed, a well developed sense, but not supernatural.

Consciousness is the greatest unsolved problem in all of science, It remain unsolved. Once it is understood, every knowledge becomes obvious.
I agree with this
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by 4kings: 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
ashjay001:

Personally, I av come to realise, d mind can do amazing things, if u can harness it. I believe, those with ds amazing abilities, have accessed d part of their psychic that allows them to do such, and that every individual can access it, if they so wish.

Some pple are born, with such abilities at their fingertips, some have to learn it and others might never be able to access it.

Science has not begun to understand it! Why? Probably because, its intangible!

Its presence, is why humans turn to religion.

That I dont refer to it as witchcraft, doesnt take anytin away from it. It is there, just that, man is yet to comprehend what it encompasses!

That intangible substance, is why men have created all manner of religions to access it!

Death, is just the removal of that substance/consciousness. What happens to it, when it leaves d body? How can u use it to d fullest, when u're alive? Thats my quest.

But, that its a figment of gullible imaginations, thats ur prerogative!
@lennycool, 4kings
The Mind is awesome wink

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by uvalued(m): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Ifenes and his mumbo jumbo grin
That's why I'm also a secular humanist. I reject all things supernatural.
grin grin

so secular humanist reject ALL THINGS SUPERNATURAL!!!
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by uvalued(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Well I think I do ifenes.
Secular humanist reject everything that has no concrete evidence. We don't believe in any God especially not one that will solve human problems. We believe only humans can save themselves. We believe in human equality and freedom.
You should read more on it
Cause I know my sh!t, I didn't just pick the name
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by uvalued(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
ifenes:

You don't fit your label sorry.... And please stop using "We" to what you do not know.

Since you claim to reject things without evidence,I wonder if you asked for evidence when you were told there were 9 Planets in the Solar system. Have you personally seen other Planets? You were made aware that modern human who study science,whom you call "Scientists" know only 10%of how the Universe works,which obviously mean they don't know anything. You base your knowledge on these guys?

You don't even know what God is or what was mis-translated as God. Nature is big and vast and stuff people call Super-natural are misinterpreted. All things are natural.

Problem is someone like you is as closed minded as a indoctrinated person. You may not be religious but you follow a movement.

Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by uvalued(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
damogul:

grin grin grin My brother when two kolo jam the view from a spectators standpoint is very interesting o.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
uvalued:
grin grin

so secular humanist reject ALL THINGS SUPERNATURAL!!!
Yeah what's funny
Re: Seun, Come And See Witches O by uvalued(m): 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Yeah what's funny
hmm learning how you and hardmirror would not be on the same page on SUPERNATURAL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islamic State Again In France, This Time Failed ! / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? / Islamophobia And The Hypocrisy Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.