Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army (852 Views)

Yeaa! Up South Africa The Useless Cont3 Lost. / The Useless Reason Ifeanyi Ubah Was Arrested Was A Set Up....Proof! / Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" (2) (3) (4)

Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by FSBoperator: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2016
Is it only me that sees the Nigerian army's constant excuses on why they are yet to defeat boko haram as totally unacceptable?

The Nigerian Army keeps telling us they don't have weapons and what not to fight boko haram but last I checked bokos are not complaining about lack of weapons.

The Nigeria armed forces operation has 3 of its branches fighting in the NE theatre and has the upper hand advantage of having total control of the airspace. The army also has tanks, armoured personel carriers and artillery guns as against the bokos who only have light-skinned vehicles with AA guns mounted on them. How is this in anywhere an advantage for the bokos?

The Nigerian Army also have the advantage of having a guaranteed supply line plus constant salary payments which makes them at least more comfortable than their boko opponents who all look half starved and have to raid villages for food.

But by far the most annoying aspect of this war and how the Nigerian armed forces are losing terribly can be deciphered from the prisoner exchange between the Nigerian army and boko Haram where we saw women and children being released. These women and children are wives and kids of boko haram fighters. This should tell you that boko haram are so comfortable in their Sambisa enclave that they were already starting and having family's of their own.

Also, I am aware that the Nigerian army restricts all their operation within day time, while boko haram prefer to attack in the night. I read somewhere where a Nigerian army personnel was complaining of lack of night visual aid in combating boko haram attacks. I asked myself, do boko haram fighters have such technology at their disposal? The answer is a big NO!

What I can conclude with the shoddy manner at which the Nigerian army is handling the boko haram terrorists, boils than to two possible factors which are either (1) Sabotuers within the Nigerian Army directing the war outcome to preserve Boko Haram for whatever reasons they have and (2) sheer incompetence on the Nigerian army as a combat institution .

As for me, I hold both (1) and (2) above as the factors why boko haram has lasted this long but tend towards (2) from the series of rubbish excuses of lack of hardware by the Nigerian army in executing their primary responsibility of defending the nation.

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by Bellfun(m): 8:36am On Nov 21, 2016
Op...

You've only recently joined Nairaland...and all you do is post negative statements against this country....if you're sure of yourself,kindly get yourself enlisted into the Nigerian Army.. it's only then you'll be able to appreciate the fact that it's not easy to defeat a guerilla warfare!

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by FSBoperator: 8:41am On Nov 21, 2016
Bellfun:
Op...

You've only recently joined Nairaland...and all you do is post negative statements against this country....if you're sure of yourself,kindly get yourself enlisted into the Nigerian Army.. it's only then you'll be able to appreciate the fact that it's not easy to defeat a guerilla warfare!

Nonsense.

But when it comes to tackling defenseless civilians (including women and children) them go dey carry shoulder.

They enlisted to defend Nigeria and since 1967, the Nigerian army has accounted for the largest budgetary allocation.

Enough of their useless excuses!

Finally, what has my time of joining NL got to do with anything?

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by plainol(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2016
When those who truly wanted to join the armed forces are denied but some cowards are rewarded for being loyal to a political party or ethnic group, then you will have a sham called Nigerian Armed Force full of people only looking for a means of survival.

The only thing they are good at is establishing authority on the street against innocent civilians. They are not built for war, rather they are built to bully.

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by AntiIPOOP(m): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2016
How about going to maiduguri and confirm it yourself. Nonsense!
Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by FSBoperator: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

Captain "one Nijeriya" Wetin stop you from leading the way?

Agony of an Afonja

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2016
the army finds it easier to obliterate the defenceless Shi'ite rather than the Boko Haram

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by zero8zero(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2016
Bellfun:
Op...

kindly ignore intellectual charlatans. They can't be any ridiculous.
Truth is mine*.

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2016
FSBoperator:

Captain "one Nijeriya" Wetin stop you from leading the way?

Agony of an Afonja
Flat head, why nah? It's just an advice.
Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by zero8zero(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
A jobless nyanmiri is too broke for such a simple exercise. you know that too well bro.
Truth is mine*
Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by TechRev: 10:06am On Nov 21, 2016
You expect an army skilled in killing unarmed civillians to fight bokoharam for you??
You do well. Continue.

Bokoare-armed come to the ground armed not armless like those they mowed down
Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by KelleneOkonkwo: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2016
Bellfun:
Op...

The albino is one troll with over 120 monikers. His daily job is to spread hate and evil on nairaland. Same person as bishopmagic, revdesmondjuju, backdatassup and many other miserable monikers.

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by sldrboy: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2016
OP don't forget that the soldiers are fighting men who places no value on their life, they come out to die and no soldier nor his relation nor command wants him dead, so Nigeria Army soldiers fights with caution and total observation of International Rules of Engagement I don't think this can be said to be the same with BH
Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by Ahmeduana(m): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2016
FSBoperator:

Nonsense.

But when it comes to tackling defenseless civilians (including women and children) them go dey carry shoulder.

They enlisted to defend Nigeria and since 1967, the Nigerian army has accounted for the largest budgetary allocation.

Enough of their useless excuses!

Finally, what has my time of joining NL got to do with anything?
DON'T WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME ON THAT NUISANCE OF ZOMBIE, you've done a good convince analysis up there, is only an slowpoke that will dispute those two vital reasons, THE NIGERIAN ARMY ARE COMPLAINING OF LACK OF NIGHT VISUAL FIGHTING EQUIPMENT, but why did buhari stop the services of those SOUTH AFRICANS MERCENARIES THAT CAME WITH THERE OWN MODERN FIGHTING GEARS INCLUDING NIGHT VISUAL FIGHTING EQUIPMENTS, WHY? WHY IS THAT AS SOON AS BUHARI WAS SWORN IN THE FIRST EXECUTIVE ORDER HE GAVE WAS TO DISMANTLE ALL MILITARY CHECK POINTS? am 100% sure that we've not heard the main story behind BOKO HARAM

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by nwasinachi(f): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2016
any igbo still joining the nigeria army is on his own, u better leave the fulanis and hausas and may be from the other south of the niger to take care of the problem they created,afterall, they won't ever give u the highest rank except by miracle like ihejirika

Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by mikolo80: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
Ahmeduana:

DON'T WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME ON THAT NUISANCE OF ZOMBIE, you've done a good convince analysis up there, is only an slowpoke that will dispute those two vital reasons, THE NIGERIAN ARMY ARE COMPLAINING OF LACK OF NIGHT VISUAL FIGHTING EQUIPMENT, but why did buhari stop the services of those SOUTH AFRICANS MERCENARIES THAT CAME WITH THERE OWN MODERN FIGHTING GEARS INCLUDING NIGHT VISUAL FIGHTING EQUIPMENTS, WHY? WHY IS THAT AS SOON AS BUHARI WAS SWORN IN THE FIRST EXECUTIVE ORDER HE GAVE WAS TO DISMANTLE ALL MILITARY CHECK POINTS? am 100% sure that we've not heard the main story behind BOKO HARAM
so if you can't perform you will invite another man to service your wife
Re: Why I Am Not Buying The Useless Excuses Of The Nigerian Army by mikolo80: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
nwasinachi:
any igbo still joining the nigeria army is on his own, u better leave the fulanis and hausas and may be from the other south of the niger to take care of the problem they created,afterall, they won't ever give u the highest rank except by miracle like ihejirika
so that you will complain of marginalisation abi

Political War Intensifies Between Aisha Buhari And Kaduna Mafia / Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari / Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor