Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding (560 Views)

How To Plan A Small Wedding In A Garden / Having An Intimate And Small Wedding / How Can One Plan A ‘small’ Wedding In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding by ekog: 8:59am On Nov 22, 2016
These days, however, a few people are breaking away from the norm and getting more inclined to the white man’s way of thinking, the smaller the better. We now have strictly by invitation weddings which a few years ago would not have been possible because the couple and the family would be seen as selfish and people would go around saying, “you ate other people’s wedding rice but you don’t want people to eat your own,” I’ve honestly heard this before.

I think the general idea for most wedding ceremonies is misguided and contrary to what it is supposed to be, most people at weddings are not there because of the people getting married but for various ulterior motives. I’ve heard it said once at a wedding that 50% of people at weddings are there for the food, 30% to meet people be it friends or potential spouses and only 20% of people at the wedding are honestly there for the couple.

Why then can’t you make your wedding in such a way that only this 20% are there for your wedding? It’s your wedding after all..........continue read here http://farabaleweekly.com/2016/11/21/why-it-is-necessary-to-have-a-small-wedding/

Re: Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 22, 2016
White mens way? It's called being realistic starting married life in debt is hardly a good way, your pocket determines how things pan out. If the pockets are not deep what are you meant to do?
Re: Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding by KingRex1(m): 9:11am On Nov 22, 2016
50% come for the food?? Nah this must be false.
People will plan, cancel schedules, dress nicely, buy gifts... Just to coman eat a meal? Haba
Re: Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding by ButterFrost212(f): 9:12am On Nov 22, 2016
I don't think having a small wedding is "necessary " . But let me read the post first.

Modified**
If you can afford a big elegant wedding, who cares if everybody is there for the food and stuff, after all it's good to feed the needy? undecided in the end it's the couple's prerogative.
Re: Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2016
My mum said my wedding won't be strictly by invitation.
Her friends will have their own asoebi
Her sisters will have their own asoebi
That woman has got her own plans grin

Left for me, I'd always go for a smaller wedding with just my closest and dearest friends and family. That would create an intimate and emotional atmosphere during the wedding. Get to see everyone and say a proper thanks for coming and not the usual quick hug and thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Necessary To Have A Small Wedding by chuckschukwurah(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2016
na my poket get de answer I don't bloody care of what people do afterall wedding is nt by force.

(1) (Reply)

Happily Ever After - Poem / I Have You Today / Want To Avoid Prostate Cancer? Have Sex 21x A Month-study.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.