Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? (1516 Views)

Despites Racism, I Still Love These Countries. / Canada,germany,finland, And Australia. Can 2m Take Me To Any Of These Countries? / Cheapest Country To Do Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2016
Nairalanders with experience please find the time to attend to these questions. Am saving up to study abroad and work after NYSC. I think it's better i prepare early and make important decisions hence the questions; Which country will be suitable to go for a masters degree program? Especially when you intend to work and take care of your bills after entrance.
What are the requirements needed to be admitted for a masters degree program in such country?

The countries; Netherlands, Germany, Australia and Canada.
Thanks in advance guys.

You can suggest an entirely diff country from the ones above.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2016
In these countries but you never listed the countries
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
2kaybiel:
In these countries but you never listed the countries
sorry i have added them.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by DAVECENA(m): 2:33am On Nov 23, 2016
Yoshy:
Nairalanders with experience please find the time to attend to these questions. Am saving up to study abroad and work after NYSC. I think it's better i prepare early and make important decisions hence the questions; Which country will be suitable to go for a masters degree program? Especially when you intend to work and take care of your bills after entrance.
What are the requirements needed to be admitted for a masters degree program in such country?

Thanks in advance guys.

They all do.....First of all,Australia is the most expensive followed by Canada so if you can afford any of the 2 the better.....German universities are free save some usually costs which most be taken care of.To study in German you need at least #2.5M deposited in your foreign bank account to prove to the embassy that you are independent. After studying and you wish to stay back you'll be given a 6months visa elongation to find a job...But as an added advantage,you need to learn German while studying....
In conclusion,I'll advice you take Canada....

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2016
DAVECENA:

They all do.....First of all,Australia is the most expensive followed by Canada so if you can afford any of the 2 the better.....German universities are free save some usually costs which most be taken care of.To study in German you need at least #2.5M deposited in your foreign bank account to prove to the embassy that you are independent. After studying and you wish to stay back you'll be given a 6months visa elongation to find a job...But as an added advantage,you need to learn German while studying....
In conclusion,I'll advice you take Canada....
thanks man, so incase it's canada, how much will i be looking at?
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2016
Yoshy:

Thanks in advance guys.

Morning,

For Canada you need:

O' Level Results
Bsc Results with minimum 3.0 CGPA and Transcripts
Reference Letter from University
Statement of Purpose
CV
Some Universities may ask for extra Documents
Banks Statement from Sponsor(academic and Living Cost)
Your CGPA must be around 3.0 unless you want to do an educational or social works course(some universities might consider 2.75)
Cost of Tuition change
And with student visa you can work for certain man hours while schooling.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
Thank you Justnora. Will one be allowed to stay in the country and work after the program?
How is the social life? Emphasis on racism and xenophobia.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2016
Yoshy:
Thank you Justnora.
Will one be allowed to stay in the country and work after the program?

How is the social life? Emphasis on racism and xenophobia.

Well, All countries have issues of racism but you just have to prove them wrong. be well behaved.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
Justnora:

Well, All countries have issues of racism but you just have to prove them wrong. be well behaved.
so on staying after the program for work, do you think it's possible?
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by DAVECENA(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
Yoshy:
thanks man, so incase it's canada, how much will i be looking at?

.Depending on the course..... Fees for a Masters in Canada will vary considerably depending on which institution you choose and can range from CDN$7,000 ($6,295) to CDN$25,000 ($22,485).
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
DAVECENA:

.Depending on the course..... Fees for a Masters in Canada will vary considerably depending on which institution you choose and can range from CDN$7,000 ($6,295) to CDN$25,000 ($22,485).
Thanks, will it cover for the entire duration of the program?
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by DAVECENA(m): 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
Yoshy:
Thanks, will it cover for the entire duration of the program?

No oooo.It's for tuition fee for the session.Canada is really expensive. But if you opt for Germany, the #2.5M will cover your expenses for a year if you don't spend extravagantly and within 3-6Months you would have been able to secure a job. If you've got the cash,go for canada but if you're trying to cut cost,Germany is the place. You'll also get to meet our brothers in diaspora.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 2:27am On Nov 24, 2016
DAVECENA:

No oooo.It's for tuition fee for the session.Canada is really expensive. But if you opt for Germany, the #2.5M will cover your expenses for a year if you don't spend extravagantly and within 3-6Months you would have been able to secure a job. If you've got the cash,go for canada but if you're trying to cut cost,Germany is the place. You'll also get to meet our brothers in diaspora.
1. so the major challenge in germany will be learning the language?
2. Can one equally get a job in Canada within 3-6 months?
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2016
Yoshy:
so on staying after the program for work, do you think it's possible?
yes. it is very possible.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2016
Justnora:
yes. it is very possible.
Thanks, you have been very helpful...more tips outside the scope of my questions, like personal experiences will be appreciated.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by DAVECENA(m): 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
Yoshy:
1. so the major challenge in germany will be learning the language?
2. Can one equally get a job in Canada within 3-6 months?

1)It's not much of a challenge because you can actually study in English. Secondly,While studying you could decide to enrol for German language class in order to enhance your chances of getting a professional after your Msc.

2) Yes you can but its not that easy. That's why its advisable to hold enough cash to sustain you for at least a year. On the other hand you could be lucky to get one in time.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Yoshy: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
DAVECENA:

1)It's not much of a challenge because you can actually study in English. Secondly,While studying you could decide to enrol for German language class in order to enhance your chances of getting a professional after your Msc.

2) Yes you can but its not that easy. That's why its advisable to hold enough cash to sustain you for at least a year. On the other hand you could be lucky to get one in time.
Thank you so much...if you have more tips please don't hesitate to post them.
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Why not USA?
Re: What Does It Take To Do Masters In These Countries? by DAVECENA(m): 12:53am On Nov 25, 2016
Yoshy:
Thank you so much...if you have more tips please don't hesitate to post them.

No p bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Deepest Oceans And Seas On Earth / 12 Most Dangerous Bridges In The World That Will Terrify You / See What This White Lady Said About Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.