Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial (2794 Views)

Ekweremadu's Handshake At Emeka Offor's Father's Burial (photos) / Buhari, Donald Trump To Attend Emeka Offor’s Father's Burial / George Ekpemuopolo Arrives His Father's Burial Ceremony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by nairalandfreak(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Sir Emeka Offor, one of Nigeria’s most controversial government contractors, finally buried his father on Friday, November 18, a whole nine months after the 88-year-old former policeman died in his hometown of Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Government Area in Anambra State. The elder passed on after a minor scuffle with a female family member.

The burial, which was marketed to be a gathering of the world’s leaders and celebrities in solidarity with the businessman, was marked by the conspicuous absence of all those advertised as dignitaries to grace the occasion.

Six days to the burial, Nigerian newspapers like Vanguard and Herald had reported that Donald Trump, the American president-elect, would join President Muhammadu Buhari and “other African leaders” to honor the Offors. The reports were based on a press statement by one Tony Obi, described as the vice chairman of the Pa Bennett Offor Burial Committee, headed by former Senate President Ken Nnamani.

Offor had earlier at the All Saints Anglican Church at Irefi, Oraifite, announced at a service presided over by The Reverend Canon C. C. Igwenazor, that Archbishop Justin Welby of Canterbury, who is the primate of the Anglican Church worldwide, would officiate at his father’s requiem service. Addressing the congregation made up of mostly villagers, Offor asked Igwenazor to get him a list of 13 bishops who would join Archbishop Welby at the service.

“We are not surprised that these bishops did not come because no arrangements whatsoever were made for their participation, but we are shocked that no Federal Government officials, including those from the Ministry of Petroleum Resources or the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation where our brother has been doing multi-billion dollar businesses for decades attended our papa’s funeral,” said a member of the family to our correspondent. Not even Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State bothered to be at the event. Obiano managed to send his wife the following day to commiserate with Offor’s mother.

Among the few political figures who attended the burial were Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Speaker Yakubu Dogara of the House of Representatives, former national chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Victor Umeh, and chief executive of Capital Oil, Ifeanyi Uba.

SOURCE: https://www./gist/2005-government-officials-dignitaries-abandon-emeka-offor-at-fathers-burial/

[img]http://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Emeka-Offor.jpg[/img]
Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by ccffwx: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Empty chest beating and lies. Their trademark. Mtcheew.

4 Likes

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
Bloggers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Philistine(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Chei! Dis pipu and chestbeating! Empty barrels!

3 Likes

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
The elder passed on after a minor scuffle with a female family member.

What a way to die

2 Likes

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Benikuuse(m): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hmmm When Will Human Beings, Forget About This Burial Of A Thing? Someone Will Just Try To Show How Worthy He Is Through A Burial. Go To This Man's Village, Members Of His Family Will Be In Extreme Poverty But You Will Be Supprise To Know The Amount Of Money Spent On Burial

3 Likes

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by morbeta(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Even Queen Elizabeth of England didn't come! Chai OFFOR don fall my hand.

2 Likes

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
Sir Emeka Offor never said he invited Trump or Buhari and others you mentioned, the media outlets that Reported the fake news on invitation of president elect of US without conforming from mr Offor or Anambra state government are just plan silly, tell me how such dignitaries will be coming to Anambra without informing the state government or relevant agencies. All I see are hand work of Afonjas, I have seen how you described him as controversial contractor, same Afonja's wrote Emeka Offor is broke are the people peddling these lies, very envious tribe with evil hearts, same thing they did to NOI, Arunma Otteh, Stella odua, same rubbish they wrote against Anambra gaint strides in Agriculture, same people published how human meat been served in Anambra restaurant, very disgusting people, their hearts filled with evil they think the best way to succeed is by pulling those on top down, that's the more reason no tribe trust them, same faith they suffered under GEJ same thing is happening to their leaders now. Ndi ara

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Godprotectigbos(f): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
post=51271809:
Sir Emeka Offor never said he invited Trump or Buhari and others you mentioned, the media outlets that Reported the fake news on invitation of president elect of US without comferming from mr Offor or Anambra state government are just plan silly, tell me how such dignitaries will be coming to Anambra without informing the state government or relevant agencies. All I see are hand work of Afonjas, I have seen how you described him as controvacial contractor, same Afonja's wrote Emeka Offor is broke are the people peddling these lies, very envious tribe with evil hearts, same thing they did to NOI, Arunma Otteh, Stella odua, same rubbish they wrote aganist Anambra gaint strides in Agriculture, same people published how human meat been served in Anambra resturant, very disgusting people, their hearts filled with evil they think the best way to succeed is by pulling those on top down, that's the more reason no tribe trust them, same faith they suffered under GEJ same thing is happening to their leaders now. Ndi ara

y are u replying those ofonja grin grin grin grin grin

they think we boast as the way they said Queen of england was to come for ooni coronation grin grin grin grin grin

allow ofonja make they they carry their osun/ibadan news upanda

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Their useless media Sahara r even reported that gov Obiano didn't attend the burial that he send his wife grin grin

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/21/government-officials-dignitaries-desert-emeka-offor-father%E2%80%99s-burial

Haters read gov Obiano's speech

The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano yesterday paid a condolence visit to the family of Sir Emeka Offor in Oraifite, Ekwusigo local government area of the State over the death of his father, Pa Bennett Offor.

Noting that it is customary for ndi Igbo to mourn with their brothers as well as celebrate lives well spent, governor Obiano described Pa Offor, as a man who lived a good life whose virtues inspire his children and children's children.

"Emeka is a great friend who lost a good father... On behalf of ndi Anambra and my family, I came to sympathize with you," governor Obiano said.

Responding, Sir Emeka Offor expressed appreciation that the governor could find time to come in person and sympathize with them.

Sir Emeka went further to commend the governor for his laudable achievements while urging him not to drop the tempo.

"Obiano is our governor and he's doing well... We'll support him, no one from Ekwusigo is contesting... Ndi Ekwusigo will vote for him," Emeka Offor added.

Here are few pictures from the visit...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
ogbonni of ogbonnis shocked
Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by obailala(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
post=51271809:
Sir Emeka Offor never said he invited Trump or Buhari and others you mentioned, the media outlets that Reported the fake news on invitation of president elect of US without comferming from mr Offor or Anambra state government are just plan silly, tell me how such dignitaries will be coming to Anambra without informing the state government or relevant agencies. All I see are hand work of Afonjas, I have seen how you described him as controvacial contractor, same Afonja's wrote Emeka Offor is broke are the people peddling these lies, very envious tribe with evil hearts, same thing they did to NOI, Arunma Otteh, Stella odua, same rubbish they wrote aganist Anambra gaint strides in Agriculture, same people published how human meat been served in Anambra resturant, very disgusting people, their hearts filled with evil they think the best way to succeed is by pulling those on top down, that's the more reason no tribe trust them, same faith they suffered under GEJ same thing is happening to their leaders now. Ndi ara
Strangely the media house that originated that bizarre story was Vanguard Newspaper and I'm yet to understand how peddling such stories has anything to do with any trbe.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/buhari-american-president-elect-donald-trump-attend-sir-emeka-offors-father-burial/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/buhari-american-president-elect-donald-trump-attend-sir-emeka-offors-father-burial/

Now while the web address above conveyed the weird message, when you open the site, the main report never made any mention of Buhari or Trump. Of course as usual, all other copy and paste media houses and blogs simply did what they know how to do best by copying and spreading the weird story.

Vanguard has been in the business of creating this very sort of deliberate confusion for too long. They were also the ones who reported the falsehood of Buhari promising to make N1 = $1. But upon opening the main report, it didnt have any link with the weird title but then, the intention of selling falsehood had already been completed.

2 Likes

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
Gov Willie Obiano and Chief Victor Umeh second visit to Offor family

GOVERNOR OBIANO, VICTOR UMEH, OTHERS FELICITATES WITH THE OFFOR FAMILY
Sunday 20th November 2016 was a very wrong day for some mischievous and faceless individuals who speculate falsehood that the Governor of Anambra State is not in speaking term or having any face-off with the chief mourner of late Chief Benneth Offor, Sir Emeka Offor as the cat was let loose during the thanksgiving /outing service that marked the conclusion of their late father's funeral at the All Saint Anglican Church Oraifite.

In his speech, Governor Willie Obiano described Sir Emeka Offor as a kind man and generous, whose impact in his society Oraifite, Anambra State and in the federation speaks volume. The Governor described the event as a celebration of the life well lived by Pa Benneth and for thanking God that he left a suitable replacement (Sir Emeka Offor) who would continue with his legacies. "I felicitate with Sir-E because his father Benneth lived a good life and left a perfect replacement in him, the time for mourning is over" - Gov Willie

Gov Obiano further reiterated his commitment towards controlling the impact of the recession on Anambrarians urging the people to go about their businesses without any harassment by any task force as the government in its wisdom had lifted every task on traders to help them cope with the unfortunate situation. He also promised to assist Sir Emeka Offor in actualizing the legacy projects mapped out by the family in memory of their late father. The compassionate governor also promised that work will soon begin on the Irefi - Oraifite road.

On his part, Chief Sir Emeka Offor thanked the people for identifying with his family in such hard time. He described the death of his father as a great loss to their family due to the kind of father he was to them... Sir Offor debunked every rumour making the round that he and Governor Willie Obiano are not in speaking terms and the speculations that he lost his sight, describing them as mischievous.

"I did not ask anybody to speak or write anything on my behalf... Anybody doing so is speaking for himself or herself and not for Sir Emeka Offor. There's no rivalry between me and Gov Willie Obiano"

"Some said I was blind, am I not the person moving around ever since this event started? My sight is intact, those people do not mean well for me "

About Chief Victor Umeh he said
" Dr Victor Umeh is already a Senator. It is only a matter of time... "

He recounted some of his experiences about Ohamadike further describing him as a" resilient and purposeful Igbo man"

"Ohamadike you and I have come a long way... Both the challenges we conquered in Anambra State even when some people presented themselves as obstacles. You must get to the senate, I assure you of my support " - Sir Emeka Offor (translated)

Chief Sir Emeka Offor promised to continue to work in the interest of the society, assisting the government in any possible ways to ensure good governance and effective delivery of democratic dividends to the people.

Chief Dr Victor Umeh OFR, Ohamadike Ndigbo on his part thanked God for the successful burial of Pa Benneth Offor. He extolled Sir Emeka Offor for the roles he played towards enthroning good governance in Anambra state. He appealed to Chief Emeka not to relent in granting his irresistible support to the current administration in the state as such is paramount in sustaining the peace and security we enjoy in Anambra.

Highlights of the occasion include thanksgiving procession by the family, friends and relatives, special prayers for the family and the state, blessing of the tomb, entertainments and refreshments.

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
obailala:
Strangely the media house that originated that bizarre story was Vanguard Newspaper and I'm yet to understand how peddling such stories has anything to do with any trbe.

http://www.vangua.

The news was mischievously reported by afonja dude with the aim of ridiculing Sir Offor, same with what useless Sahara report fabricated today, that few government dignitaries came for the burial even gov Obiano didn't come.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/21/government-officials-dignitaries-desert-emeka-offor-father%E2%80%99s-burial

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by zero8zero(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nyanmiri & chestbeating. Generation of liars.. Stupid Trumpanzees. Truth is mine*
Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by PeaceOut(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
post=51274867:

The news was mischievously reported by afonja dude with the aim of ridiculing Sir Offor, same with what useless Sahara report fabricated today, that few government dignitaries came for the burial even gov Obiano didn't come.

You beginning to sound stupid with this Afonja stuff.

1 Like

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by obailala(m): 2:32am On Nov 23, 2016
post=51274867:

Quit acting like a kid who was raised to only think along tribal lines. I posted the link to the origin of that story and it had nothing to do with any tribe, it was a report by Vanguard newspaper. Except you are saying Vanguard is an afoja mouthpiece or tool of propaganda, I don't know what you're really all about.

1 Like

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by modath(f): 4:33am On Nov 23, 2016
post=51271809:
Sir Emeka Offor never said he invited Trump or Buhari and others you mentioned, the media outlets that Reported the fake news on invitation of president elect of US without conforming from mr Offor or Anambra state government are just plan silly, tell me how such dignitaries will be coming to Anambra without informing the state government or relevant agencies. All I see are hand work of Afonjas, I have seen how you described him as controversial contractor, same Afonja's wrote Emeka Offor is broke are the people peddling these lies, very envious tribe with evil hearts, same thing they did to NOI, Arunma Otteh, Stella odua, same rubbish they wrote against Anambra gaint strides in Agriculture, same people published how human meat been served in Anambra restaurant, very disgusting people, their hearts filled with evil they think the best way to succeed is by pulling those on top down, that's the more reason no tribe trust them, same faith they suffered under GEJ same thing is happening to their leaders now. Ndi ara

Chill first, 2 things you need to bear in my mind before embarking on the usual & tired emotional litany of pain & anguish.

1. Everyone "hates" & is "envious" of you? Really? sad How you present yourself to them? How you do relate with them? Cos there is absolutely nothing worth being worked up about.. nada.

Check yourselves cos you wreck yourselves with your own hands & actions. cool

2.The "news" was published by Vanguard an unapologetic ipob/PDP platform, so make what you will....

Though they later edited the main article (probably cos of the jeers)but they forgot to edit the rider & people's comments. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Aufbauh(m): 5:09am On Nov 23, 2016
Me saw all those dignitaries including Vladimir Putin attended the burial in my dream,the same dream Emeka Offor had.

Meanwhile the only surprised government personalities missing in the burial are the EFCC & the DSS.

1 Like

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by BrutalJab: 5:45am On Nov 23, 2016
Aufbauh:
Me saw all those dignitaries including Vladimir Putin attended the burial in my dream,the same dream Emeka Offor had.
Meanwhile the only surprised government personalities missing in the burial are the EFCC & the DSS.

It's obvious you are still pained cos nobody from your silly brown republic don do burial wey reach that one.

FYI, Emeka Offor never said Trump will come...

Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by BrutalJab: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2016
Afonjas and their obsessions for Igbos sha...
Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by yjgm(m): 6:48am On Nov 23, 2016
The man sabi make mouth sha. Its done and dusted
Re: Government Officials, Dignitaries Abandon Emeka Offor At Father’s Burial by Rose2014: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2016
post=51271809:

That is Lagos Ibadan newspapers for you.

Thank God for social media, see how you exposed their lie lie news with pics as evidence. Yoruba propaganda no dey sell again.

grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Return Your Children To School From Monday, IPOB Orders Biafran Parents / The Open Secret In Aso Rock, But No One Can Say It. / PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.