Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! (1438 Views)

Is PHP A Must In Nigeria Tech Industry? / Nigerian Tech Whizkid CHRIS KWEKOWE Reveals Why He Turned Down Bill Gate's Offer / The Effects Of The Ponzi Era On Nigerian Tech Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! by chim14(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
The Tech Industry in Nigeria is now becoming the den of companies or individuals looking for Programmers with awesome skills but low pay.

This companies or individual will want you to code yourself to madness on their "Moon" projects. They want great products but are not willing to pay the developer adequately with the proper incentives.

They want only one person to build Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. When you try to apply for a programming Job, you'll see a long list (Copied from a website of course) of the skills you most possess for the Job. On getting to the interview, you'll starting hearing a different grammer when it comes to payment.

What we have in this country now are abused Software developers that are being taken advantage of. You just stare at your laptop screens coding to madness from 8 to 6, while the tech feudal lords are busy drinking goat pepper soap, copying concept upon concept from foreign solutions, making you iterate changes like you're a magician.

Just few companies in Nigeria treat their Software Developers well, the rest are just a sorry story for next year.

The way out of this madness in the Nigerian Tech Industry is to create your own solution or app and put it out there and put a campaign on the awareness of this solution, and get a huge user base, then monetization will be at your finger tips.

Keep coding and generating solutions for the world, we will get there by God's Grace. And try and get a Life if you're a developer.

DON"T CODE TO MADNESS....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! by skillzy101(m): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Great talk man, all what you have said is true, but the problem is that you can't just get on your laptop and start coding nothing; if you are thinking of making money as a programmer, that is; through your own software and products, then you need an idea that can 'fly', not just some random ideas probably copied or something.
Truth: No one needs another Facebook, Whatsapp, etc. The thing is; we (Nigerian Programmers) need to think beyond the ordinary, i once heard a great/wise man (whom i can't recall his name at the moment) say that "the best way to make money is by helping others do what they cannot do".. So my advice, we need to stop thinking about our pockets all the time and start thinking of how we can use software to solve Nigeria's numerous problems.
And aside that; for the abuse of our technical skilla, we need a community or something..!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! by GogetterMD(m): 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
Andela, take note

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! by werthy(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
skillzy101:
Great talk man, all what you have said is true, but the problem is that you can't just get on your laptop and start coding nothing; if you are thinking of making money as a programmer, that is; through your own software and products, then you need an idea that can 'fly', not just some random ideas probably copied or something.
Truth: No one needs another Facebook, Whatsapp, etc. The thing is; we (Nigerian Programmers) need to think beyond the ordinary, i once heard a great/wise man (whom i can't recall his name at the moment) say that "the best way to make money is by helping others do what they cannot do".. So my advice, we need to stop thinking about our pockets all the time and start thinking of how we can use software to solve Nigeria's numerous problems.
And aside that; for the abuse of our technical skilla, we need a community or something..!

you killed it,

i am not a coder but its seems most of the programmers are not able to think out of the box

i can state categorically that 90% of Nigerian programmers cannot think of a different thing to do,i dont know how they landed in this sorry state but that's were they are

the key is to think like a marketer or an inventor of a product that can really help the society...that's what i see those kenyas doing

the market is huge but the thinkers are not thinking

another thing is the lack of knowledge or lack of principles behind making money,i understand that we need money and even more for most of the solution we intend building but if we dont go on the right path,the we end up being slaves to foreigners....capital flight on ict tools and resource is a big issue in Nigeria but it unfortunate those in government dont understand anything about it

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! by talk2hb1(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2016
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Tech Industry Becoming Messy !!! by 4dor: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
werthy:

you killed it,

i am not a coder but its seems most of the programmers are not able to think out of the box

i can state categorically that 90% of Nigerian programmers cannot think of a different thing to do,i dont know how they landed in this sorry state but that's were they are

the key is to think like a marketer or an inventor of a product that can really help the society...that's what i see those kenyas doing

the market is huge but the thinkers are not thinking

another thing is the lack of knowledge or lack of principles behind making money,i understand that we need money and even more for most of the solution we intend building but if we dont go on the right path,the we end up being slaves to foreigners....capital flight on ict tools and resource is a big issue in Nigeria but it unfortunate those in government dont understand anything about it

You can state categorically that 90%? Can you please share the source of the valid data that you drew this conclusion from?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Web Designer In Portharcourt / How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot / Looking For Help With Actionscript In Flash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.